[Third Party Wins!] Mafia: What lurks below

Alaris

Guest Sparkin'

The Main Post never said that the mafia don't already know about this secret rule, and there might be someone who already has played around with it. I say we [Disclose] Mafia

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Venus said:

The Main Post never said that the mafia don't already know about this secret rule, and there might be someone who already has played around with it. I say we [Disclose] Mafia

Only one of the factions gets the ability to kill each night. At the beginning of the night, I'll tell one of the groups that they have the killing ability. Then, the person who performs the kill will be chosen by their peers, and will submit their action via PM like any other ability. However, they can abstain, meaning that no kill would occur. Also, if the person who was going to perform the kill dies before they can act (by a Night Action with higher priority), the killing will not occur either.

Both Mafia factions can never attack in the same night. There will be 1 Mafia kill at most, unless some abilities allow a scum to kill more than one person themselves.

The Mafia don't know the secret rules which give them the killing ability.

The main post doesn't, but Alaris does. Re-read his posts.

Indeed, this was entirely my bad. I apologise. I forgot to add that detail on the opening post, but that information was supposed to be of public domain from the beginning, that's why I answered sailboat's inquiry as soon as I could. I will fix it now.

Guest Sparkin'

Huh. You were right about this one, Newt.

So, according to my guesses, what each role can do is:

Town Roles

• Doctor: Can protect someone from getting killed during the night.
  • Investigator: Can investigate someone and know if they're town or mafia or third party during the night.
  • Interrogator: Jails someone during the night. The jailed person will be roleblocked and all actions towards them will fail.
  • Great Sorcerer
  • Psychologist
  • Gravedigger: Will know the role/alignment of the dead person they visit.
  • Spy: Can send anonymous messages
  • Witch
  • Berserker
  • Twins
  • Craftsman
  • Copycat: Copies a player's action to use it on another.
  • Gossiper
  • Archaeologist
  • Vanilla Townie [You cannot cast Disclosing Votes on this role. This role has no secret ability.]

Mafia Roles

• Elite Spy: Can send anonymous messages
  • Corrupted Lawyer: Makes a mafia role appear as innocent to the investigator
  • Restrainer
  • Mr. Hyde
  • Shapeshifter
  • Recruiter: Transforms another player into a mafia member.
  • Perfectionist

Third Party

• Lovers: 2 Lovers. They must be alive until the end of the game to win. They die together if the one of them dies.
  • ?!?!?!

I'm a little confident that those are the right descriptions and that we should pursue the other roles's descriptions.

[Undisclose] Mafia

[Disclose] Mr. Hyde

I agree with Paul's choice and that we should know all of the mafia before knowing our own.

Edited by Sparkin'

[Disclose] Mr.Hyde does seem like the most reasonable decision, all things considered, although I'll admit to some curiousity as to what the Great Sorcerer, Berserker and Archeologist do.

QUOTE STILL BROKEN

UNLESS THE CONDITION FOR THE MAFIA KILL IS HIDDEN TO US LIKE PING ALARIS 14 TIMES IN DM

OR DOING SOMETHING OUTSIDE HERE AND IN PRIVATE

WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO 

USE 

IT 

TO 

OUr

Wait stop this bean madness! My campaign manager has just informed me (and it comes as a shock to us all) that my opponent bean is truly a sheep! Worse then that he is an alien sheep! A literal, from outer space, eats baby puppies alien!!!

Vote Mr. Knightly for the foreseeable future and end this alien invasion!!

Edited by Mr. Knightly

Okay then, since phase is gonna change in about 15 hours, I want to present you with a brief summary. If you see anything wrong, please let me know.

Mayor Election Votes

Newt: Newt, Caimie.

Psychic Bean Sheep: Psychic Bean Sheep, Paul25, CrimsonDragon21, Bok Choi, Jace Stormkirk, purplecicada.

Alistair: Alistair, LykosHand, Venus.

Mr. Knightly: Mr. Knightly.

DigitalAmber: DigitalAmber.

March Hare Divergent: Roswell.

Disclosing Votes:

Mafia: Corso, Walpurgis, LykosHand, Psychic Bean Sheep.

Mr. Hyde: Venus, Bok Choi, Roswell, Paul25.

Remember that you may abstain in any of the two votes today. However, the requirement of the two posts per day still stands. Just a heads-up to the following people:

You must post 1 more message: @Corso @LykosHand @CrimsonDragon21 @DigitalAmber @purplecicada @Caimie @Jace Stormkirk

You must post 2 more messages: @Amine Chankey3ft7 @XxAlexxX @March Hare Divergent

I think Mr. Hyde might appear either guilty or innocent in reports depending on specific circumstances. It has to be related to a dual identity anyway.

It looks like a rather interesting role to learn more about though, so I'll follow this vote.

[Disclose] Mr. Hyde

Ok, so. This will all likely be shown soon if my theory is correct. I think Mr. Hyde does something like appear innocent on odd nights and maf on even nights or smh. It is a maf role, so it is indeed possible. Maybe they even get kicked out of maf chat when they appear innocent and rejoin the chat as maf when they appear as maf. This is all a guess.

Maybe the psychologist acts like a shrink and ?!?! acts like Cthulhu. Just an unsupported guess

I don't think that the requisite to get the factional killings is easy as saying a specific keyword or using a determined format. If the mafia doesn't know how to get the factional killing I think there's a small chance that none of the two factions won't get a kill, but if they know what they need to do to get it, it will be sure that one of them will get it.

Besides, you are just looking at this situation by the town side. Yes, town will be able to pay attention and see if someone is trying to get the kill, but do you really think the mafia is dumb enough to just let them get discovered? Of course they will try to play around it. And as everyone knows, mafias are the informed minority, which means they have advantage in those sort of things.

Well, you might be right, but I still doubt it's something so obscure that mafia would consistently fail to get the night kill. Let's not disclose that for now, maybe wait a few phases and if mafia doesn't fail to get the kill disclose that.

[Undisclose] Mafia

[Disclose] Mr Hyde

I'll add my thoughts on top of Venus' guesses.

Mafia Roles

• Elite Spy: Can send anonymous messages
  • Corrupted Lawyer: Makes a mafia role appear as innocent to the investigator
  • Restrainer  -- Some kind of roleblocker
  • Mr. Hyde  -- Strongman?
  • Shapeshifter -- Copycat?
  • Recruiter: Transforms another player into a mafia member.
  • Perfectionist -- can kill without leaving clues / can't be followed(???)

But I'm pretty sure Alaris didn't make the roles so obvious, so there's no way to actually know without disclosing. 

Oh, by the way, I think I know the shapeshifter. It's one of my favorite roles so... 

It's the disguiser. Traditionally if they visit the killed player on the night they died, they take up that role for all intents and purposes, just without the powers. I don't know how Alaris might have edited it this game though. 

My vote fer mayor goes to:

Spoiler

WBx4hzf.png

[Vote]Newt

Ok so RNG had decided mein vote. 

Even if its Tide pissin. Even if you dont win mayor, Líewt know that you will always be le mayor in my engine. Which is my metaphorical heart. kek

oh those choices... just see my first day post so that you can understand why i only chose among these two.