[Third Party Wins!] Mafia: What lurks below

Alaris

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, about the 4 syllables things... I realize my piece of info sounded both ominous and impossible to verify. It's something I've learned about ONE of the mafia roles, as part of my night action, which lets me gather info about one role's secret ability.

This specific role needs to suggest a 4+ syllables word, and if other players say it, the first one to say it (and only this one) dies. That's why I preferred to tell you all about it; the probability for someone to randomly say the one word that might get them killed is rather low, but it still exists. So by not using too many 4+ syllables words, we're limiting that risk.

It doesn't mean that any player who uses long words will get killed. Don't go "OMG Ali is a liar" just because some players used fancy words and are still alive >.>

I trust you but then I don't understand why didn't you specify and tell us that it was a specific role and why don't you tell us the role. If this person has to suggest a 4+ syllables word then they already know what their role is about (?)

Or were you trying to bait the other mafia faction into potentially saying the word thinking it would give them the kill?

In that case, we can confirm that said mafia role is neither myself nor CrimsonDragon, if Lia's analysis of the thread (and Alistair's claim) is correct (CD said confirmation after I did, I said information after CD did, and we're both alive). Not sure how much that means, but at least it's something.

@Alistair

This specific role needs to suggest a 4+ syllables word, and if other players say it, the first one to say it (and only this one) dies. That's why I preferred to tell you all about it; the probability for someone to randomly say the one word that might get them killed is rather low, but it still exists. So by not using too many 4+ syllables words, we're limiting that risk. 

So that role decides on one 4+ Syllable word from the start of the game or can he change it each night, like a nightaction?
Just wanted to know if we can still use the 4+ Syllable words, we already used. Some are really common.

I want to know more about this role tbh. But thats up to you guys what you feel is more important to disclose rn.

[Disclose] 4Nc1... ...n8

"So that role decides on one 4+ Syllable word from the start of the game or can he change it each night, like a nightaction?
Just wanted to know if we can still use the 4+ Syllable words, we already used. Some are really common."

quoting is broken weeee

I actually don't know. The way understood it, they decide one word. Just one. So I think the ones that were already used are safe.

I don't think there was a tie last day, so I'm thinking this is somebody's secret ability. It's also not a night action because lynches would happen when the night begins, not when the night ends. To quote Alaris: "The person with most Lynch Votes will be killed at the beginning of the night (unless saved by any other role capable of doing so)", so the doctor can't be the one saving Ross. (Unless of course he can somehow save people from lynches, which I doubt, because doesn't the doctor usually protect from night kills?).

Also @CrimsonDragon21, considering we only got corrupted results about  4Nc1... ...n8 after looking into it, I don't believe looking into it again will give better information. So for now:

[Disclose] Corrupted Lawyer

I mean, I'dve been killed at the beginning of the night, as the quoted text says, which is technically during the night, so it sounds like it could fall under the doctor's purview. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

So apparently my last report was corrupted and RosWell isn't Mafia. My last night's report however, mentions that @Jeff is Mafia. I might have been the target of the corrupted lawyer again, but I'll suspect Newt for now, [Pressure Vote] Newt

First of all
[Disclose] Recruiter

And second

Well  Newt already asked one of the questions i had in mind, but Amine how can we be sure that this time your report isn't corrupt?

This seems like a weird thing to ask. The way the lawyer works is: lawyer targets [player] -> [player] will appear as guilty/inno in cop reports. But it's true that Alaris might have changed that mechanic. Some town roles might appear as mafia too, but that's still very unlikely. 

This situation smells fishy to me. You are all giving me weird vibes. If anyone in the mafia has the power to make someone appear guilty, wouldn't they use that ability on someone that has higher chances of being targeted by a cop role? Or at least that's what I'd do with a role like that one, but I don't really know if it's the best way to use it, I might be wrong, but following that line of thought, why would the corrupted lawyer use that ability on Ross or Newt? 

Let's do one thing.

[Eliminate] Alistair

And If he turns out to be guilty and you protect me the next night phase I'll tell you if Amine is being honest about his claims or not.

I mean, I'm not disagreeing with you, Lia, but it could just be that whoever the lawyer is had the same thoughts of me looking suspicious that Amine initially had (which led to him investigating me) and wanted to make me look guilty. Could've also just RNG'd it due to not knowing of anyone particularly suspicious too, IDRK.

There does seem to be some suitable options for lynching, but I'm gonna wait until the day (and discussion) has progressed somewhat before voting.

Meanwhile, I find the way this role is named confusing, so I'll ask to [Disclose] Perfectionist.

@Walpurgis I would say to investigate me instead but if there is a framer they would frame me, and if Amine is not mafia you just revealed that you are going to investigate Amine. Idk what you should now, but I'll trust you this time

[Eliminate] Alistair

[Disclose] Recruiter

... and I suppose you won't believe me if I tell you I'm the archaeologist, my night action is to investigate a role of my choosing, learning their secret ability and how to activate it, and that I appear as mafia in all reports?

Why the heck are we disclosing different maf roles? Shouldn't we pick one and stick with it instead of splitting our votes and making a tie more likely? (Which might I remind you will result in no information gained) I think we should go for Corrupted Lawyer is that it seems to have the most activity thus far, and getting more information about it will probably clear things up about the whole Amine/Roswell/Newt situation. 

... and I suppose you won't believe me if I tell you I'm the archaeologist, my night action is to investigate a role of my choosing, learning their secret ability and how to activate it, and that I appear as mafia in all reports?

lndjgndlddflfdvfd

[Unvote] Alistair

Well yeah you're right Lia. Hmmm so Ali is mafia? Well then since i don't have proof about you or Ali, i will trust your words and let's hope that Ali is mafia for real. 

[Eliminate] Alistair

[Disclose] Recruiter

And if I'm going to do this I'm going to do this well.

My role is the interrogator.

As a night action I can choose an statement made by any player during the day phase and I'll learn if that statement is a lie or not. The statement has to be something objective like a roleclaim, of course. In night one I investigated the statement Alistair made in this post,"I'm not mafia" and I was informed that Alistair was lying. In night two I investigated what he said about the 4+ syllables words and learned that when he was saying "I strongly advise all players to avoid using common words that are 4 syllables long or more. Because I've learned there's a small chance that doing so kills one of us." he was being sincere. Since that phrase is not really specific it's hard to tell if it helps the town, all I can get from it is that he has a role that allows him to know about other roles and that he obtained that piece of information. "One of us" is not specific, so it could go either way. Us not saying 4+ syllables words might even be helping mafia.

I have nothing more to add.

Welp. Should have probably started there but I didn't expect you to actually trust me 😅

The accounts of your past actions seem believable as well.

[Unvote] Walpurgis

[Disclose] Perfectionist