[Third Party Wins!] Mafia: What lurks below

Alaris

~ Day 5 ~

Were you able to sleep? Me neither... that old lady's maniacal laugh echoed though the town all night ó_ò

Anyway, here you have your news:

Spoiler

15oe9mh.jpg

Yesterday you voted to disclose the Recruiter, however...

Spoiler

The Gossiper abstained from doing their Night Action!

GossiperUnlock: Abstain from eavesdropping for one night! Secret ability: Order of the Night Actions and description of all the roles will be publicly disclosed. Town will be notified.

Therefore, all the secrets are revealed to the town! You can still cast disclose votes to learn about how to unlock secret abilities

Spoiler

Town Roles

• Doctor – Also known as the alchemist, the Doctor can cure almost any wound. At night, they will choose a person to keep an eye on. If that person is fatally wounded during the night or the next day, the doctor will save their life. However, they cannot protect people from lynches or evil Potions... They cannot choose the same person twice in a row. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Investigator – As one of the two only officers in many kilometres around, the Investigator will pour all their resources into discovering the criminals hidden among the townies. Each night, they follow a person to discover their alignment. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Interrogator – As one of the two only officers in many kilometres around, the Interrogator always sees through lies. Each night, they choose a statement made during the day, and determine whether it’s true or false. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Great Sorcerer – Known by their extensive knowledge on the regions’ history, the Great Sorcerer has deciphered the ancient inscriptions of the ruins that lay below the village. Drawing the power of their ancestors, the Great Sorcerer may cast, once in the game and during the day, a magical shield on everyone. From that point on, all the actions of that day and that night (lynch, guns and night actions) are nullified. Players will not be informed until next morning. Once-per-game actions that were to be done during that time will be wasted. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Psychologist – Very competent in reading others’ faces, the Psychologist always recognises an evil expression. Slightly insecure though, three possible options will come to their mind every night: one of them is Mafia (of any faction). [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Gravedigger – A peculiar character, the Gravedigger likes peeking inside other people’s tombs at night. Each night he will learn the role of a dead person. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Spy – Although initially called as reinforcements for the Investigator, the Spy is a rather solitary character that prefers working on their own. Each night, they may send a message to a person. The content of that message is solely up to the Spy. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Witch – A source of ancient knowledge, the Witch lives in a scruffy shag on the outskirts of the village. Before the night ends, she is informed of all the deaths that have occurred. The Witch brews two kinds of potions, Life Potions and Death Potions, each of which can be given away only once in the game, at night. The Life Potion will revive a person killed during that night; the Death Potion will kill a person of the choice of the Witch, surpassing most kinds of protection. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Berserker – When fatally wounded or poisoned, the Berserker will kill anyone around before dying. That is, if the Berserker is lynched, every person that voted for them will be killed (unless protected). If the Berserker is killed during the night, every person that visited them will be killed (unless protected). If the Berserker is shot or given a Death Potion, they will kill the person that performed the action (unless protected). [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Twins – They are almost identical siblings, although they rarely hang around together. They both can vote once (i.e., the vote of the person holding this role will count as 2; if Mayor, their vote counts as 4). When a kill is attempted on the Twins, only one of them will die, and the other will continue playing (i.e., the person holding this role has two lives, when they lose one, their vote will count only as one, 2 if Mayor). The Berserker can kill both of them at the same time. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Craftsman – The armoury of the village has been ruled by many generations of skilled gunsmiths. The Craftsman, who inherited that vast knowledge, devotes their time to manufacture guns and bulletproof vests. Each night, they may give either a gun or a bulletproof vest to someone (included themselves). Guns may be shot during the day; bulletproof vests only protect from gunshots and backfires of fake guns. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Copycat – A frustrated actor at heart, the Copycat likes imitating other’s actions. Once in the game and at night, the Copycat will choose a person, copying their role and abilities for the rest of the game. A  bit of a coward though, if they choose to copy the role of a Mafia or a certain Third Party, they will run away and their action will fail (being wasted). [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Gossiper – A person with a lot of free time, the Gossiper likes to pry in others’ lives. Each night, they will hide near one of the houses where the Mafia are accommodated, to ‘accidentally overhear’ their conversations. The Gossiper will receive a copy of the conversation they eavesdropped on, with all the mentioned names and roles deleted throughout. Unlock: Abstain from eavesdropping for one night! Secret ability: Order of the Night Actions and description of all the roles will be publicly disclosed. Town will be notified.
  • Archaeologist – A seeker of the secrets that lie below the town, the Archaeologist can read the ancient inscriptions of the ruins. Doing so, and by opening one of the ruins’ chambers, every night they may discover the requisites needed to unlock someone’s hidden ability. They will appear as Mafia in all the investigations. And they may also play another, more decisive role... [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Vanilla Townie [You cannot cast Disclosing Votes on this role. This role has no secret ability.]

Mafia Roles

• Elite Spy – Loather of direct human contact, the Elite Spy starts on its own, outside the Mafia’s group chat and without knowing anyone’s alignment. A highly skilled mercenary, their expertise in collecting information is renowned among spies from all over the world, as they feature two night actions. First, they may send an anonymous message to someone. Second, they may investigate the role of a player. The Elite Spy has not the ability to kill unless they’re the last scum of their faction. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Corrupted Lawyer – Being the first of their promotion, their eloquent discourse was unparalleled. The Corrupted Lawyer could convince anyone but, ironically enough, they were dragged into this ordeal by someone with more... authority. Once in the game, the Corrupted Lawyer may avoid a lynch. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Restrainer – An incorrigible sadist, the Restrainer visits people and tortures them just for fun. Each night, they may visit a player, gagging them. The player will be immobilised during that night and the next day, meaning that they will not be able to perform their night action (including lynch vote), or speak, vote or shoot during the next day (although they will send me their next lynch vote via PM). The affected player will receive a fake warning by me. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Mr. Hyde – Although Mr. Hyde possesses two radically different personalities, the evil one has been steadily taking over their body. They would do anything for money, and ancient treasures do pretty much the trick. Each personality may cast their vote (i.e., the vote of the player holding this role counts as 2; if Mayor, their vote counts as 3). They will show their best face when investigated, appearing as a Doctor, Town-aligned in almost all methods of investigation, even after death. Only the Psychologist may recognise the evil smirk on their face... [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Shapeshifter – As the boss of the Relic Hunters, the Shapeshifter is determined to find the treasure, no matter the cost. Merciless by nature, they will destroy the village if by doing so they can find the relics. The Shapeshifter has the ability to temporarily morph their appearance to match any other villager. Using it, when they shot someone (they start with one gun), they may select who appears as the shooter. Additionally, they possess three fake guns. Disguised as the Craftsman, the Shapeshifter may give away a fake gun per night if they have not shot during the previous day. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Recruiter – The boss of the Petroleum Seekers enjoys a power position in a very important company, allowing them to exert tremendous influence upon others. Once in the game, the Recruiter may convert a Townie or a Relic Hunter into Petroleum Seeker. That person will preserve the abilities of their original role. This will count as the Petroleum Seekers’ action for the night, and the town will be notified that there’s an extra scum around. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].
  • Perfectionist – Number 1 bothers this character, who will go to unimaginable lengths to remove anything related to it. Each night, the Perfectionist will think of any word. If that word is said by only 1 player apart from them, the Perfectionist will kill that player. If 2 or more people say that word, the Perfectionist will kill themselves. If there is only 1 member of the other Mafia faction remaining, the Perfectionist will know their role. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].

Third Party

• Mayor The Mayor will be elected in Day 1 (see 'Specific Rules' below), and the person holding the title will be publicly announced. The Mayor preserves their original alignment, goal and role, which may be Town, Mafia or Third Party. However, they will appear as Third Party in most means of investigation. Their vote counts as 2 and, if there is a tie in a lynch, the Mayor decides who to kill and who to save. If the Mayor dies, they will arbitrarily pass the Mayor role to somebody else. If the Mayor cannot decide who to save (because they are affected by some other role), no-one will be lynched in the case of a tie. [You cannot cast Disclosing Votes on this role. This role has no secret ability.]
  • Lovers – These players madly fell in love with each other at the beginning of the game (regardless of their alignment, preserving their initial role). Being as possessive and jealous as they come, the objective of the Lovers is to be the last two people alive (killing all the people from Town, Mafia and other Third Party). If one of the two dies, the other will kill themselves in grief. [The Lover role does not possess any hidden ability].
  • 4Nc1... ...n8 – Sealed in the deepest halls oF the ru1n5, tH3r... ...13p4THy +H3y w1ll... ..nD 4m0Ng inn0c... ...SW1+cH tAr83t... [Corrupted file]. [If you cast Disclosing Votes on this role again, information on their hidden ability and how to unlock it will be released].

Mafia factional kill rule:

The faction that gets the kill will follow the following rule: first Mafia post in Day 1, second Mafia post in Day 2, third Mafia post in Day 3 and so on. If there are less mafia posts than the least required number (e.g., 5 posts in Day 7), the last group to post (5th post in the previous example) will get the kill ability that night. [You may not cast more Disclosing Votes on this role].

Order of Night Actions:

Restrainer > Gossiper > Mayor > Corrupted Lawyer > ?!?!?! > Lynch = (???) > Doctor > Mafia kill > Archaeologist > Craftsman > Shapeshifter > Investigator > Interrogator > Gravedigger > Psychologist > Spy > Elite Spy > Witch > Perfectionist > Copycat > Recruiter

Opening post updated.

You have now 48 hours to discuss (maybe I'll extend it to 60).

• Today you are required to cast a Lynch Vote: [Eliminate] Player Name / [Unvote] Player Name
  • If you wish, you may also cast a Disclosing Vote: [Disclose] Role Name / [Cancel] Role Name
  • Finally, you must post at least two messages in this thread.

---

~ Player list ~

01. DigitalAmber

02. XxAlexxX [Town - Modkilled Day 2]

03. Walpurgis

04. Bok Choi

05. LykosHand

06. sailboat [Third Party - Killed Night 4]

07. Newt [Relic Hunter - Lynched Night 4]

08. Corso

09. purplecicada

10. Mr. Knightly

11. Roswell [Petroleum Seeker - Lynched Night 3]

12. March Hare Divergent

13. Psychic Bean Sheep - 1st Mayor

14. Paul25

15. Alistair

16. Caimie [Third Party - Died Night 4]

17. CrimsonDragon21

18. Venus [Town - Killed? Night 1]

19. Jace Stormkirk

20. Amine Chankey3ft7

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either life really hates Bok, or he is Mafia. I hope it is the later, because otherwise fate really screwed him over. Jace is scum by the way. I have a gut feeling that maybe Lia or Ali have been recruited tho(simply because they role claimed)

Eliminate: Jace Stormkirk

Thanks gossiper! O_O We can now focus on hidden abilities and hunting for maf it seems. The question is whether we should look at town hidden abilities or maf hidden abilities.

Now we know Caimie and Sailboat were the lovers, which throws my Amber theory out the window.
Amine/Ali, what did y'all find out this night? Anything important to share

@DigitalAmber I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but how the heck did fate screw me over? I haven't made mistakes this game (for once) and I'm doing all I can to help. You never providing a specific reason why you suspect me so much is getting on my nerves a little bit. 

@DigitalAmber I highly doubt Bok is mafia. He knew I had a vest even before it was used up, and even told me to say when I need a new one. I'm interested in knowing why you think he's maf though, as well as how you know that Jace is maf.

On a side note, I roleclaimed mostly because I think people wouldn't have trusted me or my informations otherwise. Speaking of which... Copycat, you'll unlock your secret ability by being blocked by a Magic Shield (yeah, that's a strange requirement)

Ok guys time to reveal what i did. I tried to believe what Amber said last day, so let's say that Sailboat died because of me. And it seems that i did a double kill, that's noice. 

Also i want to know what is Witch's secret ability, so: 

[Disclose] Witch

• Global Mods

Yeah, I'd really like to know how Amber claims to know that Jace is scum. Provide a good reason, I suppose.

Sorry if I'm being ignorant as I haven't actually properly caught up yet, but what are you trying to say, Lykos?

The Witch role looks interesting to me, actually, and so I might also want to learn about it.

[Disclose] Witch

@purplecicada I'm trying to say that i killed Sailboat since i tried to trust what Amber said in the last day. I'm happy to see that i killed two third party with one kill.

I don't know if you figured out what's my role, if not try to look again at the image that put Alaris, about the death of Sailboat. 

Let's see. I am the psychologist. Bok's name has appeared three separate times, which could either be him getting really unlucky or me getting really bad odds. Also, the three names of Sail, Jace, and Lia appeared. Lia is basically confirmed innocent and Sail is dead. This confirms Jace as scum unless Lia has been recruited and is the scum. 

If Lykos is telling the truth, it mean's he's the witch, because Sailboat was killed by some sort of beverage. Makes sense, because Lykos voted to find out his own secret ability *glares*.

[Disclose] Witch

Whoa, basic roles along with description has been revealed. Thank you Gossiper. Now we know what we're supposed to do and we have multiple choices. 🙂 

Let's do this:

Eliminate: Jace

Disclose: Witch

at this rate this will be easiest town win that was not a mass role clam

Are you implying that you are Mafia, and you are already giving up?

I mean right now, all eyes are on you. And you don't even try to defend yourself somehow.

I think i can trust Lykos and Amber for now.

[Eliminate] Jace

[Disclose] Witch

I have a gut feeling that maybe Lia or Ali have been recruited tho(simply because they role claimed)

Thats a good point. But if they were recruited, they most likely did recruit Ali, cause his role implies that he appears as mafia in all reports. So we will never know, if Ali is actually a Mafia or still a Townie.

Mh I still think Amine has been recruited (since he suddenly changed his opinion on Roswell without any evidence at the start of... day 3?) and he's defending Bok now. And if I'm not wrong the recruiter made their move on N2...

I'd like Amine to say he's not mafia so that Lía can check his alignment

[Eliminate] Jace

He looked scummy to me since D1 so I hope he's scum

ALSO

NOTICE HOW THE TITLE OF THE GAME CHANGES EVERYDAY

THE SECRET CHARACTER CAN CHANGE THE GAME NAME EVERY NIGHT

SOON THE SECRET CHARACTER WILL WIN IF THE NAME IS CHANGED