riddle mafia game over

Jace Stormkirk

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time, I remember we followed a tracker's words and it ended terribly, so I'll off on voting for now.

I believe I was supposed to be subbed out after being sick last week, but that didn't happen so... I'll be playing on, considering I'm feeling better now. I have 0 idea about what transpired though, so I'll liven things up later after finishing clearance stuff

It seems I am incredibly unlucky. At the same time, you are following a red herring.

I solved the riddle yesterday, and got the corrupter role. I used it on Chromein.

The reason I used it on him was (admittedly) not evidence-based.

He doesn't talk much, so I thought mafia members discussing the riddle among themselves wouldn't be as active in the thread.

Most people here are experienced in mafia games, so I was expecting Chromein (being newer) not to be targeted.

So, if she were mafia, I might have stopped them from getting a role next night.

Since you really have no better lead, even if I convince you of my innocence, you'd still vote me off.
So, here is my contribution and I hope everyone takes it into consideration:

There are 2 strategies mafia can use, based on the people they have:

1) If most mafia members can solve riddles, then it's almost guaranteed 1 of them gets a role each night.

So, a great plan of action is to go for people who seem more experienced with solving riddles.

This way town wouldn't be that strong an opponent.

An approach that seems random, but certainly fits the criteria, is Newt's random vote on Alaris.

2) If only 1 mafia member can solve riddles, then it's highly unlikely they get 1 each night.

So, a more solid plan of action is to keep people who can solve riddles alive, in order to reach >50% so nobody gets roles.

This way town wouldn't be that strong an opponent.

Of course, this way of playing is less solid than the previous one, but it's based on working with what you have.

An approach like what Alistair did D1 would fit the criteria. 

It goes without saying that if exactly 2 mafia members can solve riddles, then the individuals might try to go for both approaches.

Now, I consider myself pretty adept with riddles, and Jace should step up his game imo.

So, if I were mafia, I would have eliminated Venus, Alistair or Alaris (provided they are not co-mafia),

because they give me the impression that they can work with riddles (or at least with ciphers). 

Well, there isn't much to glean from the previous day honestly, so I'll go ahead and vote the immediate highly likely suspect

[Vote] NickCrash

I have no idea why Nick and his group would kill Riddle though. Perhaps they're going for inactives, so that more people could solve riddles? Idk.

For now though, I think Alistair's tone feels weird, but maybe that's just me. Def something I'll look at later.

@NickCrash It appears I've skipped over your primary post, so I assumed the second post was an act of resignation.

Your "claim" certainly is interesting. Let's see, I don't think you'd necessarily think that inactive people are ones who would be inactive, so that they can discuss the riddle. It seems somewhat unnatural for you, as corrupter, to use your ability on Chromein, of all people. I'd think you'd pick someone who could potentially solve riddles, like Alaris for that.

I have some questions though. Why Chromein among all inactives? Mr. Knightly also fits the bill for the description, so why not him? Also, why vote for Newt? Any reason? Or is that merely you being careless?

1 hour ago, March Hare Divergent said:

Additionally, @Alaris, why follow Nick, of all people?

I'll keep my vote for now.

For my ability to work and not to be wasted, I had to follow a person with visiting ability. Those were:

1) Mafia

2) People capable of solving the riddle.

Since I don't know who the mafia are, I decided to go for a person that I thought could solve the riddle. Among the several options I had, I picked Nick because he is usually quite active so chances for him to see and solve the riddle were higher.

That's it. I am aware that Nick might not be mafia... but it's the most probable target right now.

@March Hare Divergent

Dear, I could be careless only if I was able to slip-up, and in order for that to be the case, I would have to be mafia. 

The vote is symbolic, because I know of my predicament. Hence why I also provided the analysis of the situation above - the one you saw as mere "resignation".

My explanation is similar to Alaris's. Jace made it perfectly clear that our ability is wasted if we don't use it on the night we get it, so I decided to target a less active player, who I believe can solve riddles. As I said before, being inactive is something mafias usually do because they tend to speak a lot in their chats and neglect the general one. It's not a solid reason, as I've admitted it myself, but it was better than nothing. besides his name is riddle

Alaris is a hard-townread from me, and as such a potential target for future nights.

I explained in my previous post that in this kind of game, he (alongside others) would be a priority target, had I been mafia. No hard feelings, mate. @Alaris

That said, I understand that my situation is really unlucky.

I happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I was discouraged when I saw that I essentially corrupted Chromein for no reason, but as you can see, it can even get worse. I stick to my choice, and still believe it to be the right one, even though it happened to lead to my lynch.

...Because let's be honest. There's no way I'm getting out of this alive.

We have no clues on who could be mafia, and Alaris saw me visit the dead guy. 

Eliminating me is going to clear this out. At least I can hope for you to read my suggestions, because I believe I have a good read on the whole situation.

Right now, my suspect list has: Alistair, Newt, Divergent

the tv turned on and everyone watched in suspense

"time is up here is the correct solution

since the chief had to open the windows on every floor, it would be impossible for all window to be closed if it was an acedent or suicide