riddle mafia game over

Jace Stormkirk

the tv turned on and everyone quieted down to hear.

"greetings here is the solution for the riddle.

it was the quartermaster because the Japanese flag looks the same upside down so there was no reason to fix it

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k so

I misunderstood the antivirus ability that I got last night

I thought it meant that I was protected from elimination on N2

but it actually meant that I could protect another player

which I didn't do, since I thought my ability was passive

apologies to my fellow townies

and disregard what I said before about my antivirus not being used up by a maf attack

I'm inclined to believe Alaris is town, for now. Though I have to wonder why Dive specifically chose Alaris to investigate.

It makes sense. Alaris was the most suspicious person, I guess.

PEOPLE

THIS IS DEMOCRACY

DONT WASTE YOUR VOTE

MAKE SURE PEOPLE DIE

IT IS FUNNIER THAT WAY

WE HAVE A RIGHT TO VOTE

SO VOTE AWAY

LET NO VOTE BE EATEN BY THE CORRUPT COP

EVERY VOTE COUNTS

BELIEVE IN IT

AND BELIEVE IN CHANGE

WE CAN DO THIS

WE MUST MURDER PEOPLE, HOWEVER DIFFICULT AND HEART-WRENCHING IT IS

PUSH ON MY BRETHENS 

DO NOT FALTER

FOR WE WILL STEP ON THE DEAD BODY OF OUR COMRADES 

FEAR SHALL NOT STOP US

NOTHING WILL

EXCEPT BEANS

OBJECTION!

The defense wishes to present the following:

Every country that dons an army has two flags: the ground forces typically use the national flag, while the navy uses their own, which typically is somewhat different.

While the Japanese national flag is symmetrical, the naval flag is not. The sun is skewed towards the hoist.

uBb6Kwl.png

Further evidence from my client's medical history reveals a not so recent diagnosis of OCD-like personality disorder.

He is a well-known and respected member of society who happens to be more meticulous about his duties.

The defense appeals for a re-evaluation of all testimonies.

Our opinion is that...

Jonathan, the armourer, is innocent. 

this is the correct solution to the riddle, but what if the riddle is false to begin with? what? this is my death message

I've decided to disregard everything Bean's said thus far; there's nothing to glean from the randomness at all.

Rather, I think we should be suspecting people who merely followed Alaris blindly. I feel that mafia could easily do so because town would simply be forgiven for a mislynch and only the one who made the claim would suffer. I chose to investigate Alaris to see if his claim was true or not, and knowing his alignment yields me to have a better perception on things.

Here are my thoughts:

Venus - Null. I'm not getting anything on him. He doesn't feel either town or mafia mostly from the inactivity. The immediate vote on Nick makes me think he may have a better chance of being town though.

Purplecicada - Small townlean. Initially, I'd have suspected her because she's the third vote on Nick, but based on meta, Purple tries to be more involved as mafia and I don't really see her doing that.

Lykos - Small scumlean. Idk, Lykos feels off somehow, like I can't explain it. I feel that town!Lykos would make more of an attempt to save Nick, but he didn't and simply made a judgement to condemn Nick. I'm not sure whether this is due to experience of a slip as mafia.

Mr. Knightly - Small scumlean. His tone is off and unnatural, but it's hard for me to judge this, because I'm unfamiliar with him as a player. As such, I think that he could be mafia, but he could also be town depending on circumstance.

Megagun - Maybe scumlean. I think that he tried to set-up Alaris as mafia? Either he's just distrustful of Alaris or he's actually mafia trying to grab a mislynch, I'm not sure, but I'm jumping on the latter for now.

Alistair - Scumlean. He's hardly involved in scumhunting. He's had the time to post, from what we can observe, but he's not using it to find scum in any way. I find this heavily suspicious from past games.

Soso - Null. There's nothing to talk about here.

Alaris - Town. I judge him town from my investigation results and from his general behavior.

Paul - Townlean. Feels normal in what he's doing thus far, but there's nearly nothing to glean from him, on the other hand.

Walpurgis - Null. I'm not seeing her much anywhere. I'm inclined to null her for now. I need more contribution from her.

I believe we all need to contribute and interact more. There's basically nothing to stand to gain for us if we don't talk and decide as a group on whom to eliminate.

I'm going with Alistair this round because I feel that he's the most sketchy among my reads.

[Vote] Alistair

How many mafia are there btw? I'm guessing 3 from the number of players, but it could be 4, depending on Jace, so I'm inclined to piece Lykos, Mega, and Ali as the scum group

Fun fact: I'm totally clueless whether I'm a town or maf. :thinking:

Umm,

Total no. Of scums should be 4 for conventionally, the hosts prefer even no. : p

Dive sounds consistently Town-ish.

That vote upon Ali can't be hesitated and he can very well be a scum based on the arguments and philosophy of Dive.

However, I would want to refrain it for the time being. Let's see how Ali defends him self.

I'll cast a vote just in case I forget later:

[Eliminate] Alistair

Dive's reasonings are quite consistent, and therefore I'd rather think he's town for the time being. I am thankful of him investigating me and revealing my alignment because it may make my claims more credible. However, being very experienced as he is, I could also see his last post as a remarkable attempt to dissipate any suspicion on him. But for the time being, you have my trust.

@March Hare Divergent I read all of what you had to say and I am inclined to agree with you. I voted bean for lack of a better option, but if you have an ability that gives you reliable info I will of course help you. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the mafia try to post less because then they are less likely to reveal their role?

You're wrong Dive, i'm not mafia. I said nothing about Nick because i trusted Alaris, that's all. Also i don't have much to say because i had 0 abilities until now. 

Anyway i don't know for me Alistair isn't mafia, so i will try this:

[Eliminate] Mr. Knightly

I'm sorry for not being very involved in this game. I don't have strong readings on anyone, and I admit that so far I've mostly been interested in solving the riddles rather than scumhunting. That's why I haven't been contributing much.

If that can convince you to not lynch me, here's the details of what I've been up to so far:

- Tried to solve the D1 riddle but without success. Was a bit peeved because the solution was much simpler than I expected.

- Solved the D2 riddle easily. I got the N2 Antivirus from it, which I didn't use. I thought it was a passive, one-time bulletproof ability. I hadn't understand that I was essentially a N2 Doctor, otherwise I would have used it to protect someone. Perhaps Paul or Lykos who seem to give off town vibes to me.

- Solved the D3 riddle easily. I gained a N3 ability from it, but I'll ofc not disclose which one. If I live long enough, I'll make sure to use it and inform everyone of the outcome on D4.

Idk if the prospect of potential information on the next day is enough to convince you of letting me live @March Hare Divergent @Alaris @Megagun. In case it's not, that's a shame because another town ability is going to the waste, but on the other hand I'm not a big loss, because I'm better as mafia than as town anyway.

For what it's worth I think Dive's contribution is good enough to pass as town work. I'm more inclined to scumlean Alaris and/or Megagun because they both quickly seized the occasion to bw on me after Dive's vote. Alaris is town according to Dive though, so I'm going with Mega instead.

[Eliminate] Megagun

End of the phase is approaching and I'm probs going to die, so hear me out one last time.

Don't trust players who create a bw out of nowhere. Dive sounds town, but he's good enough to potentially be faking it.

Alaris is a scumlean in my eyes. He claims to have received the corrupting action, but that's not a proof of his innocence. Dive's vouching for him, so if one of the 2 is scummy, the other most likely is as well.

Mega literally said he was voting me out because "Alistair vote seems probable". That's very sheepish behavior and quite suspicious imo.

I advise townies to investigate Dive if you can. If he turns out to be innocent, Alaris is probably in the clear too. If he turns out to be maf, eliminate both.

Master Bean and Psychic Sheep ship, you're so funny lmao.

I see...but for me both the arguments for Ali and arguments against Ali are probable. IMO, The probability of being a maf in this case could be roughly 1/2.

I'll simply not vote and join others' bw (blame my intuition for this) for often it never leads to better outcomes and just raises the suspicion level of those who joined it [and results in a town lynch] which in turn becomes the main implement to other players through which they can counter him/her/xyr. 

However, I do believe that it's necessary to join a random bw when you can potentially assess ties on votes especially when there is no judge IG. 

Rip me, I am too confused ATM. What should I do? Maybe RNG can decide my vote. Result:

[Eliminate] Paul25 :Thinking: :FacePalm: