• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, cool1906 said:

is it gonna be randomizer?

Idk. The video was just basically told us what the people were doing and when they were starting. Even if it's not randomized, it's still gonna be hype. They always do voices and I'm intrigued with what voices they're gonna give to characters and how they're gonna cope with field effects and all of the sort.

1 minute ago, Lucky98 said:

So yeah, out of everything they're doing (and there's a lot of good stuff here), the pentaop is proabaly what I'm most hyped for

Me too although I'm also excited to see some of Twit's stuff. I miss him doing videos and I'm glad he's coming back.

1 minute ago, DreamblitzX said:

Randomizing kinda ruins Reborn mechanically (like more than usual) because of fields. straight nuzlocke would be death though

This is 1 of those times I wish they would just go through it normally. I mean they'd still get frustrated as fuck but they'd be able to continue and move on.

• Global Mods

I only watched the last little bit of the Insurgence penta-op, so can someone explain the anime arc thing to me a bit more? 

also here's hoping this'll introduce a bunch of new people into the reborn community

5 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I only watched the last little bit of the Insurgence penta-op, so can someone explain the anime arc thing to me a bit more? 

also here's hoping this'll introduce a bunch of new people into the reborn community

it's when someone (mostly Twit) has a lot of trouble in a certain battle (like a boss or gym leader or something) and just keeps getting their shit pushed in. Like for example, Twit starts with a Water starter (not mudkip) in reborn and faces Julia without having caught a single mon. he's gonna have an Anime Arc

• Global Mods
Just now, Wolfox said:

it's when someone (mostly Twit) has a lot of trouble in a certain battle (like a boss or gym leader or something) and just keeps getting their shit pushed in. Like for example, Twit starts with a Water starter (not mudkip) in reborn and faces Julia without having caught a single mon. he's gonna have an Anime Arc

Ah ok, I was kinda wondering how people wiping and having to retry things was handled, cause in the late insurgence parts I saw they'd all wait at the end of each significant battle for each person to finish. so I assume they cut away and do a bit of a montage of it? or do the others just continue?

Just now, DreamblitzX said:

Ah ok, I was kinda wondering how people wiping and having to retry things was handled, cause in the late insurgence parts I saw they'd all wait at the end of each significant battle for each person to finish. so I assume they cut away and do a bit of a montage of it? or do the others just continue?

as long as one person manages to win they keep going (how else did twit get around 3 or 4 full boxes of dead mons)

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

as long as one person manages to win they keep going (how else did twit get around 3 or 4 full boxes of dead mons)

I mean obviously they continue the series, but do the others keep going ahead with the next section while they're retrying, or do they wait for them to catch up still?

3 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I mean obviously they continue the series, but do the others keep going ahead with the next section while they're retrying, or do they wait for them to catch up still?

usually they just let the other (twit) sit on the screen for a bit and wait for him to catch up, though depending on where it is they'll let him catch up offscreen

This run is gonna be awesome, let's hope the figure out the fields rather quickly otherwise they're stuffed. Wonder which paths all of them will take (Reshiram or Zekrom?). Julia is gonna get either the starbucks voice or a really shouty one.