[Game Over!] Back to the Basics I: Diffusion of Power

Daniel Blackworth

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walpurgis, I must use your logic against you here. “But what if we kill the N1 Detective.” But what if we kill the mafia. Their might not even be a N1 detective or their might be multiple N1 detectives. We were not given any info to imply a N1 Detective even exists or does not exist. 

Not doing anything deprives the town of:

- A chance to lynch scum. Our chance of lynching the "right" person is weak if we do a random vote, that's true, but it is null if we don't vote at all.

- More importantly, information. Voting against someone often induces a reaction, which can help reading players and therefore makes scumhunting easier.

I've been mafia a number of times by now and believe me, nothing makes mafia happier than a passive town during day phase. Refusing to vote under the assumption that we don't have sufficient information to do so, does not breed any information at all. Even if we are in the dark as of Day 1, not lynching anyone is akin to losing the benefits of a day phase entirely. Besides, humans are bad at making fully random decisions; even if you're not conscious of it, by choosing to vote someone you're already analyzing the actions of other players and scumhunting.

That's right, the chance of killing a mafia is probably higher than killing the hypothetical N1 detective, but we will probably end up killing a town. In the most probable scenario two towns die for nothing.

Not for nothing... again, voting can result in information being shared. If we do nothing, no townie dies today. Alright, that's pretty cool in the short term, but someone will probably die at night regardless, and then we'll end up in the same situation on D2, bar perhaps a conclusive cop report if there's a N1 cop, if this N1 cop got anything interesting to say, and if this N1 cop chooses to share their info (which they admittedly dont have many reasons to keep to themselves, but if we're unlucky this person could be afk or something). My point being, in this setup we're not gonna have a whole lot of information from the night phases, so we shouldn't rely on it too much to make our decisions. Dive designed this setup specifically to promote day play, which is something that has been kinda lacking in our games so far. If we give up the chance to act during the day, then we're pretty much sitting ducks.

I fully agree with Alistair. I hope that someone can use his action on N1, and if you know who is mafia, i suggest you to show also to us who is mafia and honestly i hope that no one will die on N1.

And i hope that the most voted is a mafia one.

VOTE HISTORY 1.2
 1. Sosobean - Newt -> splargle -> Walpurgis
 2. Paul25 
 3. splargle - Newt -> Sosobean -> Alistair
 4. Walpurgis - LykosHand -> Sosobean
 5. Alistair - splargle -> Walpurgis -> splargle
 6. Digital Amber - Sosobean
 7. Newt - Sosobean
 8. Alaris 
 9. LykosHand - Digital Amber 
10. Martin994CZ 
11. Jace Stormkirk 
12. Venus - Newt -> LykosHand
13. Anti_Hero - Digital Amber

VOTE TALLY 1.2
Sosobean (3) - Walpurgis, Digital Amber, Newt
Digital Amber (2) - Anti_Hero, LykosHand
LykosHand (1) - Venus
Walpurgis (1) - Sosobean
Alistair (1) - splargle
splargle (1) - Alistair
Not voted yet (4) - Jace Stormkirk, Martin994CZ, Alaris, Paul25

Remember: Three posts are required per day phase. Don't worry, they're not that hard to achieve! ;)

Sorry for being a passive player once more. Ali's deducements sounds reliable and practical and I of course support them. Btw, love those gifs : p

I don't have a specific suspect in my mind for the time being. Though I have an eye on Newt's odd post at the beginning as remarked by Dive.

Better be completing my post requirements or else I'll get a warning.

Nothing to say more as already most of my opinions were stated by various players. I'll better be following with the principle i.e a vote is necessary from everyone's side to approach towards scumhunting. Might as well be contributing towards it with a arbitrary vote.

Idk, that's what decided by the almighty fate even though it's not according to my conscience... :/

[Eliminate] DigitalAmber

Assuming a better or worth lynching target comes off later on, I'll change my vote [in case I'm not really unfortunate]

VOTE AND POST HISTORY 1.3
1. Sosobean (7) - Newt -> splargle -> Walpurgis
2. Paul25 (3) - Digital Amber
3. splargle (5) - Newt -> Sosobean -> Alistair
4. Walpurgis (8) - LykosHand -> Sosobean
5. Alistair (6) - splargle -> Walpurgis -> splargle
6. Digital Amber (3) - Sosobean
7. Newt (3) - Sosobean
8. Alaris (3) - Abstain
9. LykosHand (3) - Digital Amber 
10. Martin994CZ (0) - Abstain
11. Jace Stormkirk (5) - Sosobean
12. Venus (2) - Newt -> LykosHand
13. Anti_Hero (3) - Digital Amber

VOTE TALLY 1.3
Sosobean (4) - Walpurgis, Digital Amber, Newt, Jace Stormkirk
Digital Amber (3) - Anti_Hero, LykosHand, Paul25
LykosHand (1) - Venus
Walpurgis (1) - Sosobean
Alistair (1) - splargle
splargle (1) - Alistair
Not voted yet (2) - Martin994CZ, Alaris

Remember: Three posts are required per day phase. Don't worry, they're not that hard to achieve! ;)

You still have 1 hour and 30 minutes before the Day ends.

VOTE AND POST HISTORY 1.4
1. Sosobean (7) - Newt -> splargle -> Walpurgis
2. Paul25 (3) - Digital Amber
3. splargle (5) - Newt -> Sosobean -> Alistair
4. Walpurgis (9) - LykosHand -> Sosobean
5. Alistair (6) - splargle -> Walpurgis -> splargle
6. Digital Amber (3) - Sosobean
7. Newt (3) - Sosobean
8. Alaris (3) - Abstain
9. LykosHand (3) - Digital Amber 
10. Martin994CZ (0) - Abstain
11. Jace Stormkirk (5) - Sosobean
12. Venus (2) - Newt -> LykosHand
13. Anti_Hero (4) - Digital Amber

VOTE TALLY 1.4
Sosobean (4) - Walpurgis, Digital Amber, Newt, Jace Stormkirk
Digital Amber (3) - Anti_Hero, LykosHand, Paul25
LykosHand (1) - Venus
Walpurgis (1) - Sosobean
Alistair (1) - splargle
splargle (1) - Alistair
Not voted yet (2) - Martin994CZ, Alaris

Back to the Basics I: Diffusion of Power

Night One

The peaceful townies of Serenity wanted to at first bully cute little Newt for fun's sake, but later on in the day, they began random accusations, pointing fingers at different people. They were quite confused, however, on exactly what to do during the day. After all, they just discovered that there were Mafia goons who had infiltrated the town and they didn't have time to make investigations or anything.

"Someone just had to die," as one of the eccentric town poets had to say, but well, he became that someone. Unlucky him.

Sosobean was lynched. He was a Town Cop.

☆《《☆》》☆《《☆》》☆

It is now Night One. You may not post in the thread and use the 24 hours available to you to perform NAs and for the mafia to discuss on whom to kill.

☆《《☆》》☆《《☆》》☆

Mafioso Divergent as Game Moderator

1. Sosobean as Town Cop [Lynched D1]
 2. Paul25 as ???
 3. Corso / splargle as ???
 4. Walpurgis as ???
 5. Alistair as ???
 6. Digital Amber as ???
 7. Newt as ???
 8. Alaris as ???
 9. LykosHand as ???
10. Martin994CZ as ???
11. Jace Stormkirk as ???
12. Venus as ???
13. Anti_Hero as ???

Back to the Basics I: Diffusion of Power

Day Two

The sun set in the town of Serenity and the feeling of guilt loomed in the air. They had just put Sosobean to death via throwing of stones until he died and no bean was left anymore. Unfortunately, they would have to continue looking for the infiltrators of their village and innocent blood would likely be shed.

The sound of chickens awoke the town to the next day. They had chosen to gather once more in the Town Plaza to talk about their plans. Unfortunately, someone had gotten there first, but he wasn't alive. Alaris hung by the bell of the town hall. His feet were limp and it was clear he had been dead for hours now. The villagers grimaced at the hanged body, but they knew that this wasn't close to being over yet.

Alaris was killed. He was a Town Doctor.

☆《《☆》》☆《《☆》》☆

It is now Day Two. You may now post in the thread and use the 48 hours available to you to discuss on whom to lynch for the day.

☆《《☆》》☆《《☆》》☆

Mafioso Divergent as Game Moderator

1. Sosobean as Town Cop [Lynched D1]
 2. Paul25 as ???
 3. Corso / splargle as ???
 4. Walpurgis as ???
 5. Alistair as ???
 6. Digital Amber as ???
 7. Newt as ???
 8. Alaris as Town Doctor [Killed N1]
 9. LykosHand as ???
10. Martin994CZ as ???