[Valentine's Day Celebration] Love at First Lie: A Chronicles Sidestory

Daniel Blackworth

this is just how I push my reads, with full confidence (for the most part) and aggressively.

Thats kinda just being charismatic.

I get into games for the most part as well, so pushes like these happen.
I'm not really seeing what you are about the boasting I'm so great at the game. If that's just towards me being charismatic, I guess I can understand that since I've interacted with someone who thought something extremely similar and responded to me in a way you currently are.

My intention isn't to boast about how big my ego is, I can do that as much as I want on MS. And quite frankly, I wouldn't play here if that was my intention because that would just come across as being a dick.
My intention around here is to attempt to help create a growing environment. Because I like this place and I want to see people grow and get better at the game.

So yes, while I still scumread you, I'll rep out if you're out having fun, because I much rather you have fun then feel unhappy because you're being pushed.

If it makes you feel better, I sometimes also take being scumread personally, and that mostly happens on ms, but that's mostly because some of my friends who think they can read me scumread me when I'm town, and I think thats because they subconsciously fear my scumplay, when there's actually nothing to fear (mostly becuase my scumplay isn't as good as it used to be for some reason)

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Lynch your cop’s supporting role. I don’t care anymore, every time I play Mafia games people come for me for no reason and the way you did it really just got under my skin and I don’t appreciate you being so agressive and certain towards me. You and Eviora are experienced Mafia players. If you two are both Mafia it would make sense to create this kind of elaborate plan that falls into your hands and then have one state the plan and another state they think it’s a bad idea to be on totally different ends of the spectrum so if one is dead and Mafia the other appears innocent. That’s where I got my claims from. As for soso, I have seen how he plays he plays very similarly. And I requested the cop to check someone around the same time soso posted. Knowing soso he would’ve made a decision quickly whether to deny or follow my request. And since I do get notified if the request is denied, I can say I received no information. That’s why I don’t believe he is the cop at all.

But no. Lynch me go ahead. Your read on me will prove you failed.

If you think I'm scum then by your PoV I am scum pushing you, right?

So what I am trying to understand is why you feel personally attacked when I am trying to just scumhunt and get reads.

Also what do you think of Jace and Bazaro?

I mean if I'm wrong, I'm perfectly willing to accept that and the consequences that come with that, but I want you to atleast help me out here and show me I'm wrong, and the best way for you to show me that I am wrong is for me to get into your head and see what you're thinking.

I literally just said how I am thinking with why I suspect each of the players?? Like...???????

Im still at work. I haven’t had time to read what Jace has said and haven’t looked closely into what Bazaro said. All of us getting the cryptic messages including me is pure coincidence with my stating my action works in the day rather than the night. Who sent them out probably saw it as the proper opportunity to see if they can out others and then get me targeted as well. My guess is it might be the cultist/a third party and they have some sort of special day action. Either that or a Mafia member because I don’t see why a town member would send these messages. 

I mean I just got another message as well and am reading it now.

I am also reading what you said now, can you get back to to me on Bazaro and Jace when you get the chance?

If me and Evi wanted to distance from each other, I feel like we both would make a way bigger deal out of it then it actually was, and clog up the thread and make the thread about us two.

I want to know why that makes soso scum? I guess I can see why you'd think he's not a cop (and even then, talking about who is and isn't a cop is really anti-town) but I'm not really seeing the dots being connected? Sorry if I'm just really misunderstanding you.

I just received another message. The word scummy was used in it. The person using this word very actively here is Alisae. Especially since it was an apology for saying how they are sorry for how “scummy the letter could look to me” and they’d “work with what they have” in fear of being seen as Mafia. 

Take that how you will everyone.

Guest Sparkin'

Gotta say, it's in every game that I'm in that there's some peeps picking up on Queen. Not cool.

There're many things regarding Queen's alignment, but the only one thing that I'm seeing Alisae and Baz focus on are the bad things, not the good ones.

At the start, Queen revealed that she wasn't the cop, but her role indicates that she knows the cop. There's no reason for mafia to out that they know who's cop, because it'd potentially mean that if there's a doctor they could protect the cop.

- Queen revealing that she knows the cop draws a target on her and derails the cop's death, if there's any.

I completely disagree with Alisae's strategy. The cop isn't the only role that can find mafia. There're countless roles on EpicMafia that may do the same, Tracker, Watcher, Detective etc that I can't be bothered to mention 'em all. So, why're we protecting specifically the cop, when there're many other roles that can do the very same job?

It looks like you're highly focused on finding the cop, rather than hiding it IMO.

Secondly, I got a rather interesting message before, telling me to give a certain code. I don't like the smell of this. An anonymous message that doesn't tell me their name first?

Funny stuff, or just coincidence. Strangely, everything looks connected lmao

1. Alisae comes up with a plan to hide cop, making everyone claim cop reports

2. Alisae thinks that Alisae is cop

3. Anonymous message that tells us to claim roles in the thread

So connected it's strange 

[Eliminate] Alisae for bullying Queen

It’s soso’s personality as he carries it to all games. His personality allows him to make some rash decisions and just kind of do some sorts of things (especially when he’s Mafia) that when inspected more closely can be seen as a slip-up or in other words not thought out. An example was back in the Mafia game I hosted where him and Alistair were the remaining Mafia members and while he was being cornered he basically just outted Alistair as the last Mafia member to try and save himself, without even discussing this first. 

Point being, soso tries to use what he has to survive but doesn’t think much about his decisions first. Softclaiming the cop and using something everyone already knows (Drak’s alignment) can make him look innocent to those who may not want to look more into it. 

I really don't like these messages.

The first round was sent while I was asleep and the 2nd round being sent out now is concerning.

I think someone who is just not posting is sending the messages and laughing at us in the background.

Quinn, I'm not sending them messages since my only action is at night.  I'm not sure how you're making the correlation that I'm sending the messages when the word scummy is a pretty generic word. I just happen to be posting, and that's all I really see your conclusion being based off of?

pedit: Hi Venus.

I don't think anything you're saying about Quinn is really alignment indicative.

We're specificly protecting the cop because that's the role that gives clear, accurate results, and a cop with a night 0 is extremely strong. Sure it could be done with other roles, but the thing is, I am protecting the cop because for the millions of reasons why I went over in thread already.

I think @Newt can confirm if I'm the messenger or not based off of if he got any messenges night 0. Because I believe Jace confirmed that I visited newt.

Lets go over these points as well.

1. I already addressed this in thread multiple times on why I thought it was a good idea.

2. Why is this alignment indicative? We can literally speculate on what role is what based on the flavor provided by Dive in his first post.

3. I don't understand how you can reasonably connect this to me.

ppedit: Occam's suggests that soso's post isn't alignment indicative and is just soso shitposting. Like I really do not think that post is alignment indicative, so I guess I just disagree?

Actually, there is one thing I might clear up.

Just because I am "experienced" at the game doesn't mean I am the most cunning manipulator you will ever meet. I'm not THAT good.

Being experienced means I played the game more and know more about the game.

Experience isn't really something thats indicative of skill, its indicative of knowledge.

Granted I think my scumplay could fool people here early, later in the game I think I would probably get caught as scum mostly because people are worried I'd endgame them as scum.

If you think I am a wolf and I am still alive the day before XyLo, you're welcome to lynch me. I will always fight back against my lynch because thats what is expected of me as either alignment, not to mention as town, I get my best reads from people pushing me.

Like for example, let's take a look at Venus' push.

to me this is a push that reads as if they had their mind made up before they even made the post.

I don't get the sense they're evaluating things naturally, and not many of their points are actually valid, if anything they're mostly reaching for something to use against me.

It looks like a fabricated push.

It's also indicative that he is either A. Not reading or B. Blatantly ignoring all discussion that was made on the strat.

When it comes to the strat, this is clearly a sign of B.

So I'd think it makes sense if Quinn is scum with Venus, for Venus to come attack me like he is currently.

HOWEVER when it comes to the messenges, the fact that these messages are possibly coming from a wolf is something I covered earlier, which makes me think he could just not be reading. It's not something I'm willing to go after right now mostly becuase I feel like I will get a better grasp on Venus' alignment depending on Quinn's flip, and its not really a strong read since there are some doubts in there.

@Venus Do you have any other reads you want to share with us?

You know what I’m done with this it’s all bull especially since you ignored my claim or anything I’ve stated you’ve basically acted like you don’t connect the dots or understand when it’s fairly simple to read it and see where I’m coming from. Literally zero percent of your attacks on me have focused on potential positives or even my claim. 

I’m sick of it and I’m done posting for this day phase. Lynch me if you want I could care less.

Unvote Sosobean

Vote Quinn

One accusation in and we're... here? At this rate, it's just going to take up a full page, so I'd like to get this game back on track. Ticktock.

Soso claimed cop to be mischievous as part of Alisae's plan. He said that Drakyle was Town which was already revealed to be true. It's just the Bean being the Bean.

Maybe it's just too early in the game, but I feel like a lot of people who usually talk a lot are keeping quiet. Kinda spooky if you ask me

This next message basically confirms whoever is doing this is Mafia. Among who spoke up, they probably won't kill you (unless you have an extremely anti-Mafia role like a Cop or Vigilante) and will focus the Townies they think would be those kind of roles. If they aren't Mafia, they're still a potentially dangerous TP. I have a habit of keeping track of peoples' speech/typing patterns, so unless this person is a master forger, it's safe to eliminate a few suspects based on style alone. Here's what I have:

Paul

Seal

Roswell

ECT

Corso

Candy

Sosobean
DigitalAmber

Amine

Castiel

Now the roster has barely changed from before, but I did notice the message was a slightly different style, most likely an attempt to prevent themselves from being read by that. Please, send us more messages~

.....Read everything, not too thoroughly though but it's something which would let me to understand what's going over here which exceeded right from page 4 to page 7 while I had been off. Yeah, I'm not the least suspicious everytime. In contrast, I turn out/deviate the most suspicious player sometimes or often due to me just posting irrelevant stuffs which attracts many of the good experienced players. tbh some of the interpretation are not yet clear for me like Alle and some

other experienced players.

Soso everytime seems to be a susceptible guy with his post and I don't think there's enough evidence to suspect him as his natural behaviur is always getting reflected in every game iirc. Moreover, it doesn't matter a lot for me but since he claims to be a cop role, I don't believe it that he is just simply lying. From what I have seen, In previous games he never lied about his alignment or role and therefore, I coarsely support him with his role. At least, that's what my perception says. Nothing to do, If It doesn't goes as well as I'm anticipating. My luck is just going bad over the past few days everywhere, dunno why?

tfw a highly experienced player posts and lurks around here with all sorts of suggestions and deductions. Feels exceptionally amusing to go through everything that has been posted by that player. Not only that, feels like everyone is just trying to be rather a proactive, than just being an active one. Wonderful contributions everyone, must say additionally.

btw,

Alle + others vs Quinn + others are quite a bit making the things and discussion broader imo. Better not to dwell with those things now otherwise it will uplift out again.

Moreso, Idk who or what's the matter with all those anonymous message. To me, it seems like there's a antique piece of role hidden around here who is trying to manipulate, give us some sort of evidence about something or something like that. However, to add to my woes, I have got not a piece of anonymous message though. I wonder, who is doing or how is that being done? Anyway, that's none of my concern. I'll let all know If I ever receive an anonymous message during the night or during the night. Also, My NA and role is something which may help no one more or less.

As well as,

Casting a vote is not possible for me, and at every instance I try to go for my vote. I feel a bit frightened to vote for someone due to the frightening feeling I possess.

Possibly, I will wait a bit more and then choose my target regardless, of the weird feeling. Should I give out a chocolate to someone or not, is what I'm thinking in my mind. Better to refrain from giving anyone, any kind of chocolate as Side effects might be seen subsequently..

Edited by Paul25
1st Para, last line added which I had forgotten.

Guest Sparkin'

Apparently defending someone means that we're both mafia

...right.

Frabricated push or not, whatever you're saying, I. Don't. Get. It.

I don't get half of these assertions because you're not explaining them. How about you actually explain what's wrong with it instead of just claiming it?

Whoops, noticed it rn that I got a FoS on me once again iirc.

Hmm...Suspect me, it's your latitude to suspect me. I nevermind a lot about the suspicions and skeptical feeling I receive from any side. In fact, I conform with you all that I'm acting suspiciously by remaining silent for quite a considerable amount of time. Therefore, Feel free to form your opinions about me ;) 

@Venus It's not that you're defending them, its the way you are defending them. How is way more important then what. I'm explaining things to the best of my ability, tho I kinda don't think you're reading or trying to understand me, considering the fact I asked you something that got ignored. If you want a tl;dr, its that your read is unnatural and its indicative of A. Not reading and/or blantly ignoring things that have happened in the thread and B. Not attempting to sort our alignments and opportunism.

So can you tell us what other reads you have currently?

@Paul25 Can you tell me how you approach the game as scum and town?

Ridiculous electrical disturbances :rage:

Sure @Alisae

Here's what I will explain you in brief:

From my views, I appear to think myself as a scum [regardless of being a town] whenever I make a few or very less contributions in game such as being silent, deducing weird opinions, etc. On the other way around, I presume myself as a pure town whenever I try my best not necessarily to be perceived by others with all those discussions and forming natural opinions. That's all I can say.  yeah, it's pretty much same for others as to how I consider someone as a scum or a town. but anyway, I'll add something more on that that I just sometimes listen to my conscience, and regard them as a scum or town. Not a Ideal way, I know but that's what I beginner mafia player does.

Oh no, My apologies. I received some sort of information as well. It's due to the fact that I hadn't noticed my discord by the time I posted that. I'll post that soon, nvm :/

Vote Tally 1.2 - 26 hours left

Quinn (3) - Alisae, Bazaro, Quinn
Alisae (1) - Venus
Sailboat (1) - Roswell
Bazaro (1) - Amine

Amine (1) - Newt
Not voted yet (15) - Corso, Digital Amber, Jace Stormkirk, Sosobean, Castiel101, Alistair, Candy, Paul25, NickCrash, Eviora, EndearingCharacterTrait, Sailboat, Seal, Anti_Hero, Purplecicada

Chocolate Tally 1.2

Roswell and Newt - Friendship Chocolate to Alisae

Anti_Hero - Friendship Chocolate to Drakyle
Sosobean - Friendship Chocolate to NickCrash
Lord Drakyle - Friendship Chocolate to Eviora