Eeveelution Hurt/heal

Wolfox

@Wolfox@seki108

I've been called genwunner for the exact same thing I posted earlier so for me personally the line between 'defending' gen 1 and being a genwunner is unclear. I grew up with it, I like most of it (especially the mons) and that's about it. I know the gen isn't perfect (far from) but GF had to start somewhere. For me personally gen 1 is a great starting point.

If I include everything (region, leaders, champions etc.) I'd say gen 4 and 5 are my favorites.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Chim said:

@Wolfox@seki108

I've been called genwunner for the exact same thing I posted earlier so for me personally the line between 'defending' gen 1 and being a genwunner is unclear. I grew up with it, I like most of it (especially the mons) and that's about it. I know the gen isn't perfect (far from) but GF had to start somewhere. For me personally gen 1 is a great starting point.

If I include everything (region, leaders, champions etc.) I'd say gen 4 and 5 are my favorites.

defending gen 1 is not a bad thing. But you are not a genwunner. not even near it. if you even mention the words "Gen" and "5" near one of them they will burn you to the ground because "gen 1 is the best and should be respected as such". and when you give valid counter arguments they won't even listen (had a run in with a few once, guess how much they loved someone who's favorite gen is gen 5). you don't say gen 1 is excusable for their designs or that it's superior to the others just because it's the first, you simply defend the gen for what it is: the starting point of one of the biggest gaming franchises. Yet you do accept the broken glitchy mess that it is. at least that's how I've seen this so far

@Chim @Wolfox @seki108 Yeah, Gen I was wonky, but I feel it gets the slip for most (such as Genwunners) simply because it was the first. Even if a future gen is worlds better, it doesn't have the new and unique atmosphere of Gen 1 (and I'm sure nostalgia plays a big role).

As for the region and characters, I kinda feel that GF objectively improved upon everything as they went on (except for Gen III, one of my favourite but still probably the worst in many aspects).

And being able to appreciate wonky doesn't make you a Genwunner.

This actually reminds me of one of my favourite discussions. Do you like a pile of sludge or a bag of garbage better?

@Hooligan Yeah, I love Megas. I think they're awesome, but I'd be lying if I said they weren't broken as all hell. Mega Metagross singlehandedly sweeps so many teams.

1 hour ago, Chim said:

Hell, gen 5 even has the mons I despise the most with those goddamn Elemental Monkeys and Keldeo.

Don't talk shit about freedom pony!

I like Glaceon but it's not better than Umbreon! Show me da wei my glow in the dark friend!

-2 Glaceon +1 Umbreon

Jolteon: 13

Vaporeon: 16

Flareon: 5

Umbreon: 18

Espeon: 21

Leafeon: 15

Glaceon: 19

Sylveon: 16

leafeon is actually my second favorite eeveelution, third being Glaceon. I just like Leafeon cuz it did what Flareon tried but failed less and in a less bad way. all it really lacks is a god ability. Or maybe give it Solar Blade to make it work in the sun even better

To be fair, ability-wise the eeveelutions are weirdly placed

Flareon has Guts and Flash Fire. Both are quite useful, and if Flareon had a better movepool, Guts would actually work quite well.

No other eevee has both abilities be good.

Vaporeon and Jolteon both rely on their immunity-ability in Water Absorb and Volt Absorb respectively.

Espeon uses Magic Bounce, which is not really resilient, but it helps in a hyper offensive way to block status and hazards.

Sylveon uses Pixilate as an ultra boost to its new STAB moves, making it somewhat useful offensively.

Umbreon's Synchronize only works for 1 pokemon, making it kind of useful as an ability.

Leafeon and Glaceon could use much better abilities than what they have now, since they don't benefit unless in very specific cases.

the issue with Flareon and Guts is, however, that Flareon will most likely die before getting a move off anyway, let alone before it manages to put itself in a sweeping position. so why put it on a timer as well?

That's true. However, the pokemon's flaws don't start and end with guts. Objectively it's a good ability and if it gets the chance to improve the speed, it could sweep. To do so, it needs better moves, since the stats are fixed among eevees.

Now, I'll return to Leafeon.

If I were to give it an ability I would go either to Technician (since it gets Bullet Seed, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, and Bite) which can be boosted. Alternatively I would go to Thick Fat to make it more defensive. Problem is, the first choice makes it akin to Breloom, the second resembles M-Venu and we don't need another defensive grass type.

Another option I thought of is Triage, which makes use of Synthesis when needed, however that's really limited and Leafeon can't even rely on Giga Drain offensively.

Last, I thought of an offensive Unaware user which Swords Dances up and disregards all defensive boosts.

Do you think any of those work? 

Why not Sap Sipper. it goes with the theme of Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon that are immune to their own stab and it can help it instantly set up on the switch. + in doubles you can pair it with a Petal Blizard mon to really get a shitstorm going.

completely true, but it does make sense with the theme. And outside of singles, it can just get to new heights that not a grass type has seen before. it could keep Chlorophyll as Hidden Ability as that means that the niche uses it has in Sun teams doesn't go away. just give it Solar Blade tho

Espeon seems to have a lot of points...

It'd be a shame if some were to be nicked from 'em and given to another so that they might stand a better chance, now wouldn't it?
oh, OOPS. I jinxed it.

Jolteon: 14

Vaporeon: 15

Flareon: 5

Espeon: 19

Leafeon: 16

Glaceon: 17

• Global Mods

Jolteon: 14

Vaporeon: 15

Flareon: 3

Espeon: 19

Leafeon: 17

Glaceon: 17

EDIT: Looks like I copied the wrong number lol. I was confused how it got so low...

I'll just leave this here for anyone who's thinking of finishing off Sylveon

Spoiler

Matching-Ribbons.thumb.jpg.76e08f1f590f21318ed0210d2235a33b.jpg