X% Hype!!! [E18 Dev Discussion Thread]

Amethyst

2 minutes ago, Khaisz said:

But Vullaby is same color on both the old and new list(White/Catchable/Event).

It definitely isn't, I got a screenshot of the obtainable table a few days ago. Mandibuzz was always white but Vullaby was breeding.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Abyssreaper99 said:

It definitely isn't, I got a screenshot of the obtainable table a few days ago. Mandibuzz was always white but Vullaby was breeding.

huh, I guess I must have opened mine then just after she changed Vullaby then. :v

Just now, Khaisz said:

huh, I guess I must have opened mine then just after she changed Vullaby then. :v

Probs, I'm glad this update thing is happening again. Didn't Ame say she was going to axe magnemite? If so then the encounter thing may change

4 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Probs, I'm glad this update thing is happening again. Didn't Ame say she was going to axe magnemite? If so then the encounter thing may change

If she did, I just went and caughted a Magnemite just incase, and I know the shiny chance in this game is higher then normal, but still, the first one I found was shiny :v

14 hours ago, Khaisz said:

I know, which is why I will settle for Scyther :v I need my Mega-Scizor.

I don't expect Scizor to be available until after Hardy honestly. Mega Scizor will definitely be after, I'd say Victory Road at absolute minimum for that stone.

1 hour ago, HakuryuYukio said:

quick question, what is the difference between alpha and beta testing ? Aside from Patreon Supporters doing the alpha testing and the former ace members doing the beta testing.

There isn't too much of a difference aside from the people doing the testing (as you said), and the amount of bugs present in each.  Alpha, because it has gone through less time in testing, will likely have more frequent and noticeable bugs.  Beta, as a result, will still have quite a few bugs, but definitely less compared to Alpha.  The other difference that's probably obvious, is the time in which you get to access the new episode.  Alpha will be able to play through the story and other aspects of E18 before Beta, who will do so before the Community Release, who will do so before all players who are not members of the community.  

3 hours ago, Lorisaur said:

A couple questions:

1) How can a user become an ace member?

2) Will ep18 implement more story? Something like... defeating pulse mr. Mime and accessing calcedon?

1) The ace member thing was a thing in the forums back in the day for those who beat the online league. This feature no longer exists

2) Ame says that E18 is a story driven episode. People shouldn't be too lost this time.

3 hours ago, Lorisaur said:

A couple questions:

1) How can a user become an ace member?

2) Will ep18 implement more story? Something like... defeating pulse mr. Mime and accessing calcedon?

-the ace membership thing got removed a while ago but supporting her patreon makes you part of the alpha test while I believe former ace members get the beta

-Ep18 will probably have alot more story since we are probably taking back agate village

Just now, Lorisaur said:

It's quite sad that online league has been removed, it sounded fun... but i'm happy that ep18 has much more story

It was a thing a few years back, the leaders and some other important characters were real leaders in the online league at some point. I forgot the reason why it was closed down.

• Global Mods

Beating the online league wasn't the only way to get ace membership. After the online league was finished, you could become an ace member if you had a certain amount of rupees (I forget the exact number), 750 posts, and had an account for a certain amount of time (I think six months?)

and after rupees were replaced with EXP, you could become an ace member when you reached 1,000 EXP, but I don't think anyone got enough EXP to become an ace member before the system was abolished. After that happened, the ace section of the forum was replaced with a secret club. 

IIRC the online league was stopped because of technical problems when switching from Pokemon Online to Showdown, but I wasn't around back then so I'm only going off of memory from what I've read on the site.

3 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

IIRC the online league was stopped because of technical problems when switching from Pokemon Online to Showdown, but I wasn't around back then so I'm only going off of memory from what I've read on the site.

Almost.  The PO server and the forums all were hosted but HostGator way back then.  It was a really shitty service and one day the whole went kaboom and the forums were down for weeks and the PO server was no more after that. So the Reborn League was no more and we went to Showdown as a result.  So it was more technical problems that led us to move to showdown vs technical problems during the switch to showdown that caused the Reborn League to stop.

1 hour ago, lily90 said:
  Hide contents

owowhatsthis.PNG.cb8ce53e5179baa674ee178bae2c4231.PNGowowhatsthis2.PNG.057e6c764833c99de75869c39710e7d6.PNG

thonk.thumb.png.5fb93ded71845ded232e535d28bbbc11.png

Yes. This, I believe, was the first clue to MC's fate in the game. Spoiler to people who haven't come till 13 or 14 gym badges.

Spoiler

As said in a prediction in Jasper Ward, the MC dies and is resurrected as a wish invoked by Jirachi, it seems.

5 hours ago, BRS swag said:

Yes. This, I believe, was the first clue to MC's fate in the game. Spoiler to people who haven't come till 13 or 14 gym badges.

Reveal hidden contents

As said in a prediction in Jasper Ward, the MC dies and is resurrected as a wish invoked by Jirachi, it seems.

Spoiler

Which can only mean Anna's help. Since her doll is a Jirachi, and as propably one of E4, it will be her ace, based on Starlight Arena battlefield which is perfect for her.

2 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

So, Alpha testing has 256 Bugs left?

It's a lot of bugs, but... Alpha Testing might be over sooner than we thought.

That's a big "Might". Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up.

yeah, though if my beta experience means anything, a lot of these could include typo's and tile errors that take only seconds each to fix. either way this wave of testing is way faster than the last two so far.

Well, in case anyone missed it, Ame also posted that applications for Beta will be released soon.  Those who are interested and meet the requirements (check dev blog for the details) can and should apply if they think they can do help.  

21 hours ago, BRS swag said:

Reveal hidden contents

Actually....

Spoiler

The Jasper Ward Prophecy was of a world where the PC never existed, and that they, and the current timeline, was created by Anna who made a wish upon Jirachi after Reborn fell to Meteor.