[IC] TotM:DC "Terraria: A fresh start"

StormLord

Before the guide had led the party to the mountains or gestured for anyone to sit down near the table; Jun had nodded in reply to the man's question before she gestured back at the bus and the giant boat like...thing and said "Well...do I really have to say it?". She then followed the pair all the way to the quaint looking village they apparently came from and entered the tavern just like everyone else did.

Jun would almost immediately flop down on the nearest available seat when the bartender offered one, and she took a few moments to try and get some rest and recuperation before she said "So you mentioned that there was a prophecy about a group of people who match our general description coming to help out in a time of great need...can you tell us anything more about that? And the general situation in and around the town?"

Jeff looked thoughtful for a couple seconds after Arminius's question before finally responding.

"I'll have to check some records later, but that sounds like the goblin army you're talking about.  They may not all be goblins, but they're all a nasty bunch, either way if they're coming here with an invasion force this village wouldn't stand a chance on its own.  I guess you could call that a time of great need."

He turned to answer Jun's questions;
"Honestly I wasn't there for the actual prophesizing.  I was only told about it after the fact by the Dryad, the one who made the prophesy in the first place, so there isn't much more I can tell you about that.  She should be back tomorrow some time and she'll be able to give you more details.
As for the state of the town, well almost everyone's got a house, we've got a mine, sawmill, and blacksmith's shop setup.  Some small farms by the river to the south.  We've got one guard tower and some basic walls to keep the slimes and zombies out, and the eyes can't take bright light long.  Actually, here--"
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small sack "--One hundred silver coins, most of the people in town will probably help you no problem, but a few like Frank who runs the general store, are deep seated capitalists."

He passes the sack over the table.

The party gains 100 Silver coins to spend with various shop NPCs in Terraria.

4 hours ago, StormLord said:

Jeff looked thoughtful for a couple seconds after Arminius's question before finally responding.

"I'll have to check some records later, but that sounds like the goblin army you're talking about.  They may not all be goblins, but they're all a nasty bunch, either way if they're coming here with an invasion force this village wouldn't stand a chance on its own.  I guess you could call that a time of great need."

He turned to answer Jun's questions;
"Honestly I wasn't there for the actual prophesizing.  I was only told about it after the fact by the Dryad, the one who made the prophesy in the first place, so there isn't much more I can tell you about that.  She should be back tomorrow some time and she'll be able to give you more details.
As for the state of the town, well almost everyone's got a house, we've got a mine, sawmill, and blacksmith's shop setup.  Some small farms by the river to the south.  We've got one guard tower and some basic walls to keep the slimes and zombies out, and the eyes can't take bright light long.  Actually, here--"
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small sack "--One hundred silver coins, most of the people in town will probably help you no problem, but a few like Frank who runs the general store, are deep seated capitalists."

He passes the sack over the table.

The party gains 100 Silver coins to spend with various shop NPCs in Terraria.

Jun glanced at the sack before she gently pushed it over to the other members of the party. "What do you actually do as a guide anyway Jeff?". After the man had answered her question the ambassador would lean in slightly before she asked "Also can you think of anyone who is in need of help? Or any urgent problems that need to be resolved before we try and do anyhing else?".

"Yuo ntaw mose fo hits ymnoe, uyo gttao stuleh!" A cooing was heard as a certain pigeon swept down onto the table after Jun pushed the coins aside. With surprising speed for a bird clad in steel, and footwork as deft as a master fencer, Vera had collected about 10 or so of the offered coins before returning to Lucille's Shoulder, dropping them into her outstretched hand. Her efforts earned her a pat on the head, to which she cooed with nigh smarmy satisfaction "Onw ecom no, boefre I opwso kcab in nda lstea het sret!"

Lucille takes 10 Silver Coins to barter with!

"How many guards do you have here, by chance?" The girl asked after Jun "Are there any other settlements nearby? Any central authorities over this territory? Anyone at all who could send help or share resources? From what I heard about these boats they were also carrying beasts big enough to level entire buildings... and well, prophesy or no, I highly doubt that, if this is the "time of great need" your "dryad" spoke of, there'll be much that the eight of us alone can do against an entire army."

Alyssa spends the walk to town cooling off. The nerve of that thing to just run into her like that. And it hurt like hell too. She looks obviously disgruntled as she walks in silence. 

By the time they arrive at the town, she is in a significantly better mood. 

As conversation stirrs in the tavern, she speaks up again.

"Yes, this place is certainly not going to do. I will help fix this little village of yours and it will be absolutely magnificent. Do you have any paint or an experienced painter or craftsman here?"

Satomi listened to the conversation turn, and to questions being asked, and her own queries began to formulate in her head. She put her hands up to her face, her kimono’s sleeves hanging down over her mouth as she thought. Then she lowered her arms, brought her head back up, and looked at the guide, asking her first question: ”Do you know the source of those undead that we faced in combat earlier? I suppose that things might well be different here, but at least where I come from, undead either come from the actions of a maho tsukai, or from an area tainted by the influence of Jigoku, both of these being very serious problems. Do you have any dark mages or tainted areas responsible for the creation of these monsters.”

She prepared to move onto her next topic and her expression grew a bit smug. ”Well, if the issue is an invasion of this village, you are lucky to have a Kaiu-trained engineer. Siege combat against hordes of monsters is, in fact, my family’s specialty. It sounds like I will have a lot of work that I can do here — construction of fortifications, work on your walls, and creation and operation of siege weaponry, these areas are those that I have been trained in. But... what do you have to offer in terms of labor? I can work on much of the construction myself, especially with the siege weapons, but with the fortifications and walls in particular the process will be slow if I don’t have any hands aside from those in my group who are available. Though...” Satomi gazed at Kusuke pensively for a few moments, before her attention snapped to another topic.

And evidently this topic was somewhat embarrassing, because Satomi blushed a little and spoke more sheepishly. ”Also, I don’t suppose that this village has a place our group could bathe, or somewhere where we could wash our clothing? It has been... some time since I have been able to properly do so.

Leo taps the table as he thinks.

So they had an Engineer used to large scale defense. That was good.

"Labor force is no object. I can produce simple golems for the work. A small army or at least a small defense force of golems should also be possible. But I doubt we have much time, so ill have to pick between quantity, and quality. It might be more efficient to produce weapons for the fighters we DO have.  Ill also need resources."

He looks up 

"You mentioned a blacksmith shop right? Is there a mine nearby?" 

"Lot's of things, I keep up with town logs and major trading, negotiations, map-making, I've got a building of books on wilderness survival, and I've done lots of research on the island."

He gave her a somewhat confused look in response to her second question. (17 vs 9, not hiding anything, just confused)

"That's....what we're do...ing..."

He looked over to answer Lucille's question, seemingly relieved for an escape from Jun's question.

"Well everyone is willing to help protect the town, and at least half of us have more than a day or two of training with a weapon.  There is another small town on a nearby island.  Technically, and only just.  We're in the frontier, no one really cares what we do or what happens to us.  The island we're on used to be host to a great kingdom, they delved deeply into the magical arts and eventually that magic and warring gods were their undoing.  Their enchantments and artifacts were left to be forgotten in the land, the land we stand on now, the same land that so magical it raises it's own dead and is infested with the eyes of long dead demons."

Jeff pauses for a second to listen to the rest of Satomi's and Leo's questions.

"Hmm.  Well I'm glad you've got an engineer with you.  I imagine you'll be pivotal to the defense of the village over the next few day.  Though, actually.  It will probably take the goblins a week or more to cut their way here and move all their supplies and soldiers."

He looked almost lost in thought for second before abruptly pulling himself back to reality.

"Oh, right.  Umm bath and mine.  Yes we've got both, and a blacksmith's shop too.  He may even still be up at this hour.  Some of you might want to go ask him for armor or weapons."

He looked over to Alyssa's...odd question.

"Well, we had a painter.  But he disappeared about four days ago."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few seconds later a commotion could be heard outside, sounded like shouting, like someone was going door-to-door saying something.

Not long later Andre the Arms Dealer came into the Tavern and walked over to the party and Jeff.

"Hey, Urist spotted something flying around out there while on watch.  We don't know what it is, but it's big and judging by the number of eyes following it it doesn't look friendly.  Would you folks mind helping if it comes to a fight?  Paul said he'd gather some gear up at his smith if you need anything."

With that the Guide stood up from the table, looked in the direction of the other table with people talking, and gave a short whistle followed by a hand gesture that urged them to get moving and go along with Andre.  The three quickly stopped talking and did just that.

"Sorry, it looks like this is going to have to be the end of our conversation for a little while."

Post for whether your character is joining this fight or not.  Those that do and want some extra gear will be directed to Paul's blacksmith shop for equipment before the fight starts:

Spoiler

Armor:
-Terrarian Copper Armor(x2):

Spoiler

-Terraria Copper Helm:  A simple work-hardened copper helmet only slightly more protective than a skullcap.

+1 Res,

Set Bonus: if equipped with “Terraria Copper Chainmail and Greaves” this requires no action slot and grants an additional +2 Res.

-Terraria Copper Chainmail:  Roughly made chainmail that only occasionally loses a ring or two.

+2 Res.

-Terraria Copper Greaves: Hardened copper plates that come from the boot to the skirt of the chainmail.

+1 Res.

-Terrarian Silver Armor

Spoiler

-Terrarian Silver Helm: Now with matching gorget.

+1 Res,

Set Bonus: if equipped with “Terraria Silver Chestplate and Greaves” this requires no action slot and grants an additional +3 Res.

-Terrarian Silver Chestplate: Only a little tarnished.

+2 Res.

-Terrarian Silver Greaves: Getting mud on these just feels wrong.

+2 Res.

Weapons:

-Terrarian Copper Sword(x4):

2d6+[Str] or [Dex] damage.

-Terrarian Silver Sword(x2):

4d4+[Str] or [Dex] damage.

-Terrarian Copper Bow(/w wooden arrows)(x2):

2d6+[Dex] damage.

-Terrarian Silver Bow(/w wooden arrows):

3d6+[Dex] damage.

-Flaming Arrows(x5):

Increase bow damage by [Int], damage becomes fire, consumable.

NPCs will also assist in this fight!

Edited by StormLord

"Artifacts, eh? Well... perhaps this will get interesting." She made a mental note, as she rose from her seat. "but it'll have to wait I guess. Not even what- a full hour here? Yet already we're being ambushed twice..." Commanding her beasts to stay behind, she followed the footsteps she heard out of the door. The only one that followed her was one tiny, emerald green drake...

Lucille will join the fight (and takes the set of Terrarian Silver Armor)

Spoiler

-Terrarian Silver Helm: Now with matching gorget.

+1 Res,

Set Bonus: if equipped with “Terraria Silver Chestplate and Greaves” this requires no action slot and grants an additional +3 Res.

-Terrarian Silver Chestplate: Only a little tarnished.

+2 Res.

-Terrarian Silver Greaves: Getting mud on these just feels wrong.

+2 Res.

"A fight? You are really going to need me, so I'll come along." Alyssa stands up and heads to the armory. "These bows seem like they are going to be useful. But simply drab." Alyssa uses Artistic Frenzy to make a rushed crafting check on one of the copper bows.

Spoiler

Artistic Frenzy: “THE POWER OF THE PAINT COMPELS YOU!” When she gets in the zone, anything can happen.
Once per combat you may make an artistic crafting check with “Art to Offend the Gods” without any rushed crafting penalties, usable oncer per encounter.

Spoiler

Crafting: 14 vs 1
Quality: 69 well then

Alyssa turns the bow into:
"Terraria Copper Bow:
Deals 2d6+[Dex], High-fantasy themed.
Level 2(trick): +3 damage, once per plot the user may invoke a 50% crit chance(overrides other crit chances) for double damage."

The plain coppery bow starts to change. New copper parts, almost looking like vines, protrude from the main frame, wrapping around the base frame and fading from a copper color to a dark brown with what looks like a wooden texture. Metal leaves sprout from the ends of the vines at both ends.

"Perfection. Anyone care for a beautiful, yet useful piece of art?"

Alyssa will partake in the fray, after some crafting.

Satomi strode out with the others towards the blacksmith without any hesitation, purpose in her strides. As she walked, she spoke after Kusuke did, offering her own reason, which was consistent enough: ”I think that it would be a shirking of Duty to turn back from this fight, here, if I intend to protect this village.”

While she was in the blacksmith’s shop, she spent a couple of minutes looking over the gear inside, perhaps a bit too closely, as she had her head a couple of inches from the things she was inspecting, but in the end Satomi decided to grab the silver bow (she may not exactly have trained much in it, but her experience with the crossbow and the strength she knew was at least enough to operate this bow should help it work) and two of the lightable arrows; she could make good use of those.

Satomi will join the fight, taking the Silver Bow and two Flaming Arrows!

Edited by Powder Miner

Jun went with the rest of the group that went to the blacksmith's shop after the guide's better armed companion mentioned the presence of a flying potential hostile accompanied by a swarm of demonic eyes, and when she arrived she would gingerly examine each and every single weapon and armor displayed there to try and find one that would help her deal with a flying opponent easier. She was just about to settle for taking a regular copper bow when the artist mentioned that the better looking bow she was holding was up for grabs...which is why Jun decided to gingerly take it from Alyssa before saying "That would be me, and I thank you for your help".

Jun will join the fight after taking the offered high fantasy copper bow from Alyssa.

Leo gives the mushrooms he found earlier to the bartender on the way out.
"I was told you could make healing potions from these. We might need em" 
Then he's off before the bartender gets a chance to properly respond. Once he reaches the blacksmith he acquires some metal (And a pile of slag)
A quick test reveals the metals aren't quite what Hes used to, and are apparently Magitropes. It made sense. It had been said that this island was incredibly magical, so it was no surprise its resources had been effected. Very interesting, and quite possibly very useful. It could also interfere with his preparations, but that was a problem for later. The pile of slag made...more slag. Possibly useful for later.

The glowing heart had ruptured into magical healing energy when he tried to test it. Neat? Some sort of solid spellwork?

Spoiler

(13 vs 9): Thaum > T Silver: This mana seems to give objects faint gravitational pull when applied, like a little tiny planet.  It seems to have little or no interaction with the nearby Lunar ambient mana.

(15 vs 8) Thaum > T Copper: This mana causes things(such as dust and particulates) to settle, compress, and dry, in that order, eventually creating sedimentary rock if done with earthen materials.  Applying enough mana will cause the target to become dry and brittle enough that it breaks apart into dust.

(18 vs 14) Thaum > T Iron: This mana creates a repelling force that wants push objects away, rather than raw force.

(13 vs 1) Thaum > Forge Thumper: Mana created with this forge thumper when applied to silica based material(such as most stone or sand) creates a lump of slag that may contain traces of a list of materials.

(5 vs 5) Thaum > Red-Heart: ?

The second Leo applies mana to the Red-Heart a massive chain reaction occurs that causes the heart to dissolve into a reddish-pink mana that glows faintly and rapidly heals wounds of any living targets that it comes into contact with.

Applying any amount of mana to a Red-Heart causes it to dissolve into two points of Health mana that restore 3 HP each or combined remove one status.

"I don't have time to build anything out of this right now, but it should be useful in the fight. Thanks!"

Leo darts out and meets up with the others. He rubs his hands together and breaths deeply

"Come on...come on..."
Slowing steady breaths, His Slitted pupils thinning and widening repeatedly. He closes his eyes and continues to breath, bringing his fingers to his face. before he opens them again. The pupils have stop dilating his seem to be a little brighter now, almost faintly shining. 

To Leo, everything looks different, but also the same. Everything seems a bit brighter in the sense that the effect's of the darkness on his vision seem to lessen while not actually becoming brighter. If anyone where to ask him what it was like to see in the dark like this, he wouldn't really know how to explain it.

"Alright! Got it!" He looks up towards the enemies in the sky, getting ready for a fight.

Leo activates his Night vision passive, and will be joining the fight.

Edited by Endlessblaze

Calvera joins the fight

Spoiler

Actions (6 action slots):

-Actives
Sun Boil- A bolt of fire flies out to hit a target.

-(Level 1) Deals 2d6 + SYN damage.

-(Level 2) Deals 3d6 + SYN damage.

-Passives

Flare Up- When RX Calvera goes below 50% HP, she enters her Solar Form. 

-(Level 1) Grants her double SYN for 2 turns. Once per encounter.

Faster- Calvera has learned to move her body properly, given time to adjust to it.

-(Level 1) She is guaranteed at least 2 moves every turn. 

Size Matters (Trick)- RX Calvera gets a bonus to her SYN in combat.

-(Level 1) +10% SYN

-Trumps

Supernova- If RX Calvera were to die, she may fend off death until her next action, where she casts Supernova.

-(Level 1) Deals [SYN*8] damage to all enemies. Against bosses, it deals [SYN*16] damage. This can also be activated as long as she is in Solar Form but it instantly kills her.

Equipment:

Arcs of Death (Weapon):

Description: It appears to be a tome shrouded in lightning that pulses over its surface, when willed into power the hands of the tome’s bearer also pulse with lightning in a similar fashion.

What it do:

-Shock: Throw out a column of lightning that arcs into one target dealing 1d6+([Syn]/2) electric damage each turn for three turns
 --Level 2: Now ignores Res.
 --Level 3: +1d6 per instance of DoT.

Reserve:

(Item) Refined Power Usage: Practice with the power of fire results in knowledge that can be used to improve existing skills, or perhaps, even gain a new one. Can also be used to add +3 to a stat for a Power Related Roll, once.

Red heart(x1): restores 2d6 HP to the user as a free action, usable once only.

A few of the villagers led the party to the edge of town, where the monsters had been spotted.  It was much closer to the river here and some description of sheep or goat could be heard bleating.

Leo would come to regret his decision to activate night vision as soon as he made it.  The distant darkness parted and where others saw a large blackened sphere shape trailed by many smaller shapes, Leo could already see the monster.  A massive eye, nearly as large as one of these houses, with a blue and green almost glowing iris and bloody veins trailing behind along with dozens of other, smaller eyes, similar to the ones they fought before.  It took Leo a moment to realize that he wasn't just seeing the eye as it approached, it was looking at him.

By the time he regained awareness it was already almost upon them, the others could see it to now as it made several slow, wide, circles around the village, staring at them the whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having been ripped out of their world, some hasty explanation screamed at them by some strange being claiming to be one "Dr. DOOM", and finally being dumped into a strange river on an unknown world with little instruction beyond "Help the first people you see".

Toshiro found themselves swimming through the quite cool river water when they heard some commotion on land.  It seemed to be night out, and despite this there was clear evidence of many beings moving around on the land.

Upon poking the top of their head out of the water Toshiro found many humans standing around in various forms of dress and clearly preparing for a fight, not from the river though, but instead all eyes were trained on the sky, all eyes indeed.  As when Toshiro looked further up they saw what the humans were preparing to fight, swarms of massive eyes flying through the sky with a single larger eye seemingly leading them.

Toshiro joins the fight!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler

With the massive eye having finished its flight around the village and began its decent to the battlefield along with many of its followers, Lucille scribed her Sanctuary on the ground and stood in it, the villagers gathered together, and some fish-man having crawled out of the river.  The fight was on!

Init:

Spoiler

9 Jun

9 Toshiro

7 Kusuke

7 Lucille

6 The Eye of Cthulhu

6 Satomi

6 Jun

6 Toshiro

6 NPCs

5 Kusuke

4 Purple Demon Eyes(x2

4 Alyssa

4 Lucille

4 NPCs

3 Leo

3 Demon Eyes(x2)

3 Jun

3 Toshiro

3 Kusuke

3 The Eye of Cthulhu

3 Satomi

2 Arminius

2 NPCs

1 Servants of Cthulhu(x4)

1 Fingers

1 Kusuke

0 Calvera

0 Cataract Demon Eyes(x2)

Average Dex: 3

Spoiler

Allies:

Jun: 24/24, 

Toshiro: 30/30,

Kusuke: 24/24,

Lucille: 28/28, Sanctuary for lots of turns,

--Brachus: 20/20

Satomi: 24/24,

Alyssa: 24/24,

Leo: 24/24, Stared(x1),

Arminius: 24/24,

--Fingers: 26/26

Calvera: 30/30,

The Eye of Cthulhu: Healthy,

Servants of Cthulhu(x4): Healthy,

Purple Demon Eye A: Healthy,

Purple Demon Eye B: Healthy,

Demon Eye A: Healthy,

Demon Eye B: Healthy,

Cataract Demon Eye A: Healthy,

Cataract Demon Eye B: Healthy,

Edited by StormLord

"Yes, yes, I hear it Brachus! Now calm down, just like the last time, you'll be fine..." Her scolding was muffled slightly as she adjusted her helm, but regardless the dragon stopped panicking as she reached into his mind. The armor was... well, different than she was used to, covered the whole body instead of just the vitals, but she didn't think getting accustomed would impede her too much. Finally adjusting it well enough that her hearing was muffled as little as possible, she sighed, turning her attention to the noises from the sky "Of bloody course it's just an even bigger version of those... eyes. Though from how you were freaking out, who knows... maybe Andral actually did me a favor here. Either way, just make sure nobody dies..."

The young drake looked once at his mother, up to the giant abomination in the night sky, to the boundary of the circle they stood in, and finally back to her. With a grim nod, he finally seemed composed, flicking out his tongue as he warmed up his breath weapon...

And surprisingly, Lucille followed suit, her own tongue having gradually morphed its tip and a strange force welling up in her chest.

Moves

I. Lucille will use Mimicry to copy Brachus' Restorative Breath! Brachus will hold!

(Mimicry allows the user to overwrite it with a copy of an active/passive ability from one of their bound beasts, as well as draw upon said beast's relevant stats for the purpose of using the ability. The mimicry lasts until either the user chooses to end it as a free action, the beast dies, or combat ends. Restorative Breath restores {1d6+Syn(5)} HP to the target; when used on dragons it restores {2d10+Syn(5)} HP instead. As an unrelated note, Brachus is inside of the sanctuary with lucille.)

II. Lucille will use Restorative Breath (scaling off Brachus' Stats) on whichever Ally has the lowest health! Brachus will also use Restorative Breath, on the Ally with the second lowest health!

(Restorative Breath restores {1d6+Syn(5)} HP to the target; when used on dragons it restores {2d10+Syn(5)} HP instead.)

Loadout

Spoiler

Lucille 

28/28 HP

4/14 Bonds

Essence: 7 
Constitution: 4 
Dexterity: 7 
Intelligence: 13
Resistance: 16
Strength: 1 
Synergy: 0 

Relevant Perks

The 3rd Instance: [When Lucille casts a thaumaturgical Spell/Ritual, the numerical effects of said spell/ritual are boosted by 1.3x]

Beast Heart: [Lucille has a number of "Bonds" equal to her Essence*2. These "Bonds" can be expended to bind living, non-sapient beasts/monsters and turn them into companions under her control. Binding beasts requires Lucille to spend her action forming a Bond with them, at which point a number of bonds equal to ½ the Beast's Int will be expended, with a minimum requirement of 1. If Lucille doesn't have enough open Bonds available to satisfy this cost, the binding fails. The bonds expended on them will be restored to Lucille upon either the Creature being reduced to zero hp in battle and dying, or by her dismissing them, which may be done at any time as a free action. Bound Beasts who are dismissed will never turn hostile towards Lucille or her companions unless attacked after the fact. Bound Beasts have Stats and Actions identical to their normal counterparts, and act simultaneously with Lucille during her turns.]

Slots: 7/7

Actives (2)

Edge of Silence*- The user employs a Thaumic Formula via either an Incantation or Inscription of a Sigil, in order to create a ripple in Animus and thus spawn a wondrous effect into the physical world. Consisting of the Aspects <Sound, Multi-, Blade>, This Formula prompts sonic energy to be produced, which then promptly forms into vorpal blades that slice into a target.
~Current Effects~ [Active. Thaumaturgical Spell. Launches 2 attacks that deal (1d3+Int) sonic damage each, and may both be aimed either at the same, or different targets. These attacks are undodgeable, and ignore Damage Reductions, though Damage Immunities still apply.] 

Mimicry- The user reaches out over their bonds and channel's the latent abilities of one of their companions, employing them as their own. While the use of this technique can lead to altered physical traits to better accommodate the abilities channeled, it is incapable of drastically transforming the body. [The user may 'Mimic' either a passive or active ability from one of their bound beasts, as well as whether they will use their beast relevant stats for the purpose of the ability, or their own. Said ability will overwrite this action until either the encounter ends, the beast in question dies, or the user chooses to stop mimicking them, at which point this Skill will return to its basic form. Voluntarily ceasing to mimic a copied ability can be done as a free action. Abilities which would require the user to drastically alter their body to use effectively, such as growing wings, extra arms, etc. cannot be copied.] ((Currently Mimicked Ability: Restorative Breath))

Passives

Trumps

Tricks

Equipment (4)

Darksteel Quartz Cane: A cane made of out of a peice of rebar which was converted to Darksteel and bent into proper shape. An attuned Quartz Crystal is set into it's hilt. Can be used for walking or as an improvised weapon. 

~Current Effects~[Bound. Deals 2d6+Dex/Ess Damage at Melee/Range, respectively. While equipped, Grants +6 Int when casting thaumic spells. The user can spend an action to ignite this weapon with holy fire, making it deal an additional Ess/4 damage for 2 turns.]

Draco Vest: A small but incredibly durable vest. At a glance it appears to be ordinary fabric, but upon further examination it's actually made up of countless overlapped wyvern scales, which harden upon impact to protect the user from harm. It has several pockets which have some stretch to them, and are durable enough to hold even magma. 
~Current Effect~ [Bound. Grants +6 Res while equipped. Able to carry extremely dangerous materials without risk.] 

Terrarian Silver Armor: (Comes in 3 pieces. Grants +8 Res and takes up 2 action slots when the full set is equipped)

Spoiler

-Terrarian Silver Helm: Now with matching gorget. [Grants +1 Res while Equipped. If equipped with “Terraria Silver Chestplate and Greaves” this requires no action slot and grants an additional +3 Res.]

-Terrarian Silver Chestplate: Only a little tarnished. [Grants +2 Res while Equipped.]

-Terrarian Silver Greaves: Getting mud on these just feels wrong [Grants +2 Res while Equipped.]

Beasts (1)

Brachus

Spoiler

Brachus

Sex: Male

Race: Draco Vitae  ("Life Dragon")
-A Dragon Lucille created on accident while working on the splice technique and triggering an oversight. Colored a sterling Emerald, It has Breath resistant Scales, a Cross Shaped, red flap of skin on its back, and a thin tongue it uses to focus its breath weapon. Ironically though, Its breath heals those exposed to it rather than harms them, and it seems to be especially effective when used to heal other dragons…

Stats
HP 20/20

Essence: 5
Constitution: 5
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 5
Resistance: 5
Strength: 5
Synergy: 5

Actions
Active
Feral Tactics- [deals 1d6+Dex damage. When fighting Rodents or Avians however, deals 2d6+Dex instead]

Restorative Breath- The specimen opens Its mouth and exudes a breath filled with rejuvenating essence, healing wounds and soothing pains. It seems to be especially powerful when used on fellow Draconic entities [Heal 1d6+Syn Health. When used against fellow Dragons, heals 2d10+Syn Health instead.]

Passive
Hunting- [This unit gains a 10% bonus to their stats while tracking or using stealth, with a minimum boost of 1.] 

Dragon-proof doc- [The user has +10 RES against attacks from dragons, and +20 RES against attacks from friendly dragons.]

Tricks

Fly (Trick)- The user takes flight [The user is in the air, and all that entails.]

"Well, these past few moments have certainly been... interesting..." The fishman thought to himself as he float down the river laying on the water's surface. All this talk about world saving from was quite hard to take in all at once, but in a way this is just one giant job offer that may or may not ever end.  "So, going off what the doctor said I need to help the first people I see, shouldn't be too hard. Lets see what we can find..."  He poked his head up from the river to notice a group of people preparing to fight a swarm of floating eye creatures. An eager grin grew across his face,  "Well, that was a lot easier than expected and it looks like they're already in combat. Good, just what I like."  He emerged from the water, clothes and blades dripping as he made his approach.

Toshiro jumps forward and slashes at the purple Eyeball with his katana. (Move 1) He turns back to the group showing them his three piercing red eyes,  "The name's Toshiro and apparently I've been called over here to help you guys out. Sorry to rush this, but lets save introductions until after all these eye creatures are dead yea?" After which he continues to strike at the same eye, he'd never let a challenge like this slip by him.

Moves:

1. Rending Strike on Purple Demon Eye A dealing (2d6+Dex[9]+1d4) damage

2. Skewering Blade on Purple Demon Eye A dealing (2d6+Dex[9]+[1d2 Pure Damage])*2 damage

3. Skewering Blade on Purple Demon Eye A dealing (2d6+Dex[9]+[1d2 Pure Damage])*2 damage

Conditional: If Purple Demon Eye A is dead, Attack Purple Demon Eye B with Rending Strike

Loadout:

- Status
HP: 30/30
Energy: 0/100

Essence: 1
Constitution: 5
Dexterity: 7 + 2
Intelligence: 7
Resistance: 1
Strength: 0
Synergy: 0

- Passives

Way of the Shark: One of the Paths of the Hyloti, where they train their grit to never yield in battle. Whenever an attack lands 25% of damage dealt to enemies is healed back to Toshiro. Must be at least 1 HP.

Energy Basin: (Perk Based) Everytime Toshiro makes an attack add Int amount of points into his energy pool.

- Flaw

Natural Paralysis: Whenever Toshiro is hit with an electric attack he will be stunned on his next action.

- Equipment
Long Blade:
Iron Katana: A basic single edged sword made by a Hyloti blacksmith. +1d4 Damage

Off-Hand Blade:
Iron Knife: A basic knife made by a Hyloti Blacksmith. +1d2 Pure Damage

Dash Tech Card: A highly advanced tech chip embedded in one’s body which allows for the user to do a superfast dash in a short distance.
+2 Dex
Bound 

- Actions
:Actives:
Rending Strike: A fundamental Hyloti sword technique using the long blade.
Level 1: Deals 2d6+Dex+[Equip Long Blade Bonus] damage

Skewering Blade: A fundamental Hyloti sword technique using the off-hand blade.
Level 1: Deals 1d6+Dex+[Equip Off-Hand Blade Bonus] damage. Deals double damage if target was previously hit by Rending Strike this turn.
Level 2: Deals 2d6+Dex+[Equip Off-Hand Blade Bonus] damage.

Dash Tech: Give the user the ability to suddenly dash at great speeds a short distance forward.
Level 1:  Free action, Increase Dex by 1.5 for this round. 3 Round cooldown, must have a Dash Tech Card to use

:Trumps:
Form 0: Sunder: A stance taken to analyze a weakness in their foe and strike it. However, it take emmese concentration and cannot be used all the time.
Level 1: Spend a turn and 100 Energy to guarantee the next attack to deal triple damage and ignore Res. Toshiro may spend the energy cost next attack to continue it.
Level 2: Energy cost reduced to 80

Arminius stares at the eye, confusion clear on his face.

"That's... that's new. And disgusting."

Arminius Inspires Fingers.

Fingers bashes a servant of Cthulhu.

Spoiler

ARMINIUS

-Actives
Inspire: Improve an ally’s morale giving them +½ essence to Str for a turn.

More Inspirational: Inspire lasts for an additional turn.

Mourner's Ice: Arminius forcibly grabs some of the opponent's soul and takes it for himself. This reduces the opponent's Essence by 1 for the encounter and gives Arminius an essence piece of a type that depends on the person he took it from. 

Perk Backed: Mythril tongued: Arminius tries to get an enemy to be more willing to help the party. Ess V Ess, exact effects are up to the GM.

Barbed Wit: Viciously mock an enemy, dealing 1d4+Intelligence damage. Blocked by Essence
-Passives
Minion, help!: When Arminius is below half health, his Minions gain +½ Essence Res.
-Trumps
Mass Inspire: Improves all ally’s Morale giving them +½ essence to Str for 5 turns. Usable once per plot.

Churchill's Counterpart: Also improves the RES of allies.
Equipment:

AK47: Deal 1d12 damage, split among 10-Dex enemy targets, minimum 1.

FINGER's

Aura: +1 RES to all allies.

Protect the master!: Takes damage from one attack in the place of Arminius.

‘Ere we go!: Pumps herself up, giving +STR to her strength next turn.

-Passives
The master protects! :) :When Arminus’ health is over 50% Finger’s Res is doubled.

-Trumps
Da little waagh: Free Action. Doubles Finger’s attacks for 2 turns.  Usable once per plot.

Equipment:
 Bashin’ stick: A surprisingly nasty looking club… if it wasn’t made for a goblin. Deal 1d4+Str damage.

"Can we fight something that isn't nauseating next?"

Donate three turns to Jun, use final action to Recall whoever has the lowest health.

Recall: Sets Kusuke's status back to what it was at the start of last turn. Only usable once per turn.
-Level 2: Can target people and objects other than Kusuke.

Doubleshift Another: Use a bit of time travel to allow a person to be in two places at once, granting them an additional action this turn.

(Trick) Blink: The user spends one turn to nullify a wide range of physical status effects such as bind and slow by teleporting out of them or using it to enhance mobility. Out of Encounters, this technique allows for a teleport of up to Int+Syn Feet.
-Trick Level: Blink can now move Kusuke twice as far.

Vigilante Code (Gear): A Magic Formula given to vigilantes by the NOL. It's essentially a set of magical handcuffs with a unique signature. Allows the user to attempt to restrain a target using a DEX check against a stat of the GM's choice during combat, which is doubled if the target is already incapacitated. Restrained targets cannot use actions that require usage of their hands until they can make a check passing the original, non-doubled DEX check. 

Martial Arts: Allows Kusuke to deal 1d6+DEX damage without using a weapon, and adds DEX/2 to damage dealt with small weaponry such as knives. 

Arbitrarily Large Amount of Sharp Knives (Gear): Deals 1d6+Dex Damage, These knives are sharp enough to defy Low Level RES checks.  Equipment Targeting Attacks must pass a check in order to affect this Gear

Loadout

HP: 24
Moves: 8

Stats: (21/21)

Essence: 4
Constitution: 2
Dexterity: 9
Intelligence: 9
Resistance: 2+5
Strength: 2
Synergy: 1

Perks:
Weirdness Censor: The Ambassador has a Dex*2 chance of dodging an attack by simply causing the attacker to suddenly be overwhelmed by the ambassador's darting movements and increasingly incomprehensible appearance that they just mentally file the Ambassador as somebody else's problem.
Beyond the Veil: Grants the perk backed action "Void of Incomprehensibility".

(Perk Backed) Void of Incomprehensibility: The Ambassador can choose to over charge his personal field of chaos to the point where absolutely anything can be used to distract others enough to trigger mass change blindness and cause him to effectively disappear and become unable to become the target of any single target actions. The Ambassador must make an opposed Dex v Int check to stay in stealth if he has attacked the other participant in the opposed check, or if they had managed to successfully land a blow on Jun anyway. And he takes a malus to the roll that is equal to the other participant in the opposed check's Intelligence for every single success. He can choose to immediately end the stealth effect at will, and this ability can only be used once per encounter.
Level 2: Jun now gains a +3 to the first opposed check to remain hidden

Level 3: This action is now treated as being a First Strike action

Level 4: This action is now usable twice per encounter, but the second time it is used Jun must succeed on an opposed DexvInt check against the enemy closest in the initiative order to the move Jun uses to reactivate this action. Jun rolls twice for his roll and uses the lowest result.

(Trick) Extra Attack: Once per round when you make a basic weapon attack against a target you may follow up with an additional basic weapon attack against the same target as a free action.

A.G.I.L.E. system: The Ambassador's power armor comes equipped with the ability to climb up walls and "fly" in short bursts when inside a planet with Earthlike gravity, he can choose to temporarily overcharge this system and multiply his Dexterity or Strength stat by 1.2 for two rounds. Three round cooldown.

Level 2: Two round cooldown

Level 3: The multiplier is now 1.4

Level 4: The multiplier is now 1.6

R.O.L.L. Defense System: The durable suit of power armor has been designed in such a way that lets blows glance off the user if they were fast enough to get out of the way, adding +3 to their resistance stat rounded down.

Merit Level 2: This item is now bound and it grants an additional +2 to Resistance.

Crafting Roll Upgrade I: This item now has a 10% chance to grant a bonus of +1 Dexterity

Crafting Roll Upgrade 2: This item's chances of providing a +1 bonus to Dexterity has been increased to 20%

Ambush Hunter: By exploiting a target's complete and utter inability to react to his presence quickly enough the Ambassador can deal an additional 1d4 damage when he attacks a target that was already attacked this round or if the Ambassador currently has Void of Incomprehensibility up, in which case it also grants him first strike.
Level 2: This ability now adds 2d4 damage

Level 3: This ability now adds 3d4  damage

Level 4: This ability now adds 4d4 damage.

Terraria Copper Bow:
Deals 2d6+[Dex], High-fantasy themed.
Level 2(Crafting): +3 damage, once per plot the user may invoke a 50% crit chance(overrides other crit chances) for double damage

Jun reflexively triggered her A.G.I.L.E. System before she pulled out several arrows from the quiver she presumably got from the blacksmith, and set to work on taking down as many of the flying eyes as possible to prevent them from tackling everyone to death before they can beat back the gigantic floating eye.

Move 1: Jun uses A.G.I.L.E. System on herself to buff her Dexterity

Move 2: Jun attacks the first living Demon Eye she can attack with her Terraria Copper bow, and as this is the first weapon attack she makes this round she makes two 2d6+Dex+3 attacks, adding an additional 4d4 to the second attack if the first one hits.

Move 3: Jun uses the Terraria Copper Bow on the Demon Eye she attacked earlier if it isn't dead, if they are dead she moves on to attack the other Demon eye, if that one is dead because of an Ally then she moves on to attack the Cataract demon eyes to deal 2d6+Dex+3 damage to it if the attack hits
Move 4: If the Demon Eyes are still alive Jun attacks them again, if they are too busy being dead to be a valid target then Jun moves on to attack any living Cataract Demon Eyes with her Copper Bow

Move 5: Attack Cataract Demon Eye A with the Terraria Copper Bow if it is alive, Attack Cataract Demon B if A is dead
Move 6: Attack any living Demon Eyes with the Terraria Copper Bow

Jun has a perk backed Dex*2% Dodge chance just in case that actually comes up in battle somehow

Leo takes a step back. It wasn't the things appearance per say that bothered him. But rather, that look. The way it stared at him sent a chill down his spine, and it wasn't the good kind. Was it staring at the others to? 

Leo tries to shake the feeling off and analyze the situation.

Leo wanted that thing down. Assuming they would be using swarm tactics and remain close, they could bump into each other. Considering the current time of day and temperature, Icefire wouldn't spread over the area very much, but would still prove effective against warm bodies. And unless they got really close melee attacks wouldn't be very useful anyways. The biggest risk was that the targets WOULD make physical contact with them and more allies would be afflicted then frostbrute could extinguish at once. Still.....

"I'm going to try and ice it! Don't make contact with any blue flames! Frostbrute! Blast the leader!"

Leo decides to mix it up a little, Using the copper on his pendant to attune mana. The brown energy swirls around him as he starts casting blizzard wind with the copper mana. Had he used copper with this particular spell before? Come to think of it, he hadn't.  This should be interesting.

Spoiler

(3 vs 1)
Upon casting the "Blizzard" wind it grabs nearby objects in the air(the most recently shot arrow) turning them into a small cloud of dust that Leo has vague and general control over.
Deal 1d6 damage to four targets, +1d6 to targets sensitive to dust.

The a blast of wind kicks out from his position, ensnaring and pulverizing one of the arrows heading up towards there target. Oops. But leo gets it under control, and sends the wind hurtling towards his marks.

"Note to self, when casting blizzard wind with copper mana, provide materials"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frostbrute uses ice fire stream on the eye of Cthulhu

Leo uses blizzard wind, casting it with copper mana, creating Dust Gale, Targeting the eye of cuthulhu and three of its servants.

Spoiler

(high quality Trick) Blizzard wind: The user cast a spell that kicks up an icy wind. Dealing 1d6 Ice damage to all foes.

Alternate Mana Casting: The user may attempt to cast a spell they know using a different type of mana, the effects of this are unknown until discovered. Spells cast like this require that at least 1 point of mana be spent.

Frost brute (equip minion): (See: Frost brute)

Snow bound: A well-made golemic Sword containing a multi material core made up of gold, iron, diamond and a soft putty, the body of a sentient AI known as Snow, who runs the blades functions. There is a metallic eye in the side of the guard that doubles as a hologram projector with a speaker under it, which snow often uses for herself. She has network and 3G connectivity, a usb connection port, and a scanner. In battle, she reveals her icy abilities.
Her blade is made of iron, with a shard of eternal ice running down the middle, specifically, a type of eternal ice that refuses to absorb heat. The handle is wrapped in leather, which is fused into the metal handel. Opposite the hologram projector is a sapphire.

Attacks with this weapon have inflict chill if the attacker succeeds a SYN vs RES check. chill increases the effectiveness of ice on the afflicted target to 150% for three turns. This weapon deals 1d4 damage, and regardless of if Snow is in reserve or equipped, so long as she remains in the inventory. She reveals and tracks any interesting or strong energy signatures, drawing attention to them.

(Merit level 1): Precious and protected: This item cannot be targeted by equipment targeting effects and is soul bound.

(Merit level 2): Cautious crafting: when attempting to craft on this item, failure will not result in detrimental or destructive consequences, nor will success include negative side effects. however, the difficultly of all crafting checks on this item are greatly increased.

Winter blade: The user uses a skill that wreaths a weapon in icy energy from there body, dealing weapon damage+STR Ice damage. Has a 10% (30% against targets weak to ice) chance of inflicting freeze for one turn, stunning them. Freeze is cured if the target is struck by an Fire attack and the attack is negated.

(Passive) Machine Synergy: When using mechanical or golemic equipment, the effectiveness of the equipment is boosted by 3, or by [Gm fiat] if No numerical values exist for that piece of equipment.  This does not take up an action slot

Night vision: This character can see in the dark far better than others.
   (level 2):This passive does not take up an action slot.

Golem tech arm mounted computer: a custom-built arm mounted touch screen computer. It has a small touch screen with a curve to it, and can project hard light holographic screens and interfaces on command. Its Main purpose is to monitor and control golemic systems, but it IS a computer. It also includes a web browser, several utility programs, and…a few simple computer games, along with a few movies.

In battle this device can project a hard-light shield. granting plus+1 res. This item does not take up an action slot.

Spoiler

Frost brute (equip minion): A large bulky and stocky mechanical golem made primarily of iron and copper, with large rectangular hands and round claws. its large enough for a human to sit on its shoulders, or be crushed in a single hand, but small enough height wise to fit in most buildings without issue, if it can get past the doors. When its ice fire engine is running there is a constant rumbling in its chest, and the three exhaust pipes, on each side of its wedge-shaped head, spew snow and ice, and its body is perpetually cold. Although it can act without this engine it is incredibly slow and weak without it, barely able to move under its own weight. Because of the danger and collateral risk of ice fire, Leo is reluctant to field it without his own personal supervision, or the direct supervision of a trusted individual who can counter the ice fire. When using ice fire to attack, this minion uses magic heat manipulating systems to prevent it from going out of control, and choke the fire as necessary.

Current levels-
Equipment level 1 (CC)
Merit level 1 (merit upgrade)
merit level 2 (merit upgrade)
Merit level 3 (Merit upgrade)

This equip item takes up TWO action slots. this minion may be given a command once per turn as a free action when equipped.

HP:20
(merit level 1) bound: this minion is bound as a result of merit investment.

(Merit level 1) : Ice fire engine: This unit consumes heat as fuel for its movements, ice fire attacks, and immense strength. Heat levels are roughly categorized into the levels. Ice cold, chill, cozy, cooking, and burning bright. the engine is at its weakest in areas that are ice cold, and at its strongest in areas that burn bright. Actions which run off heat are stronger based on the heat level, but can also lower it if they exert enough power or are used enough.  

Ice fire stream: Frost brute releases twin streams of ice fire at its target from its hands, while using heat manipulation to keep it under control. This Deals 1d3 ice damage to a target, and inflicts the ICE FIRE! Debuff on warm and hot targets. Continually dealing 1d3 damage until it is extinguished. But passing on the debuff to anything they touch which is warm or hot, or just not frozen.
 (Merit level 1) : The number of targets afflicted by ice fire or normal fire effects the local heat level
   (Merit level 3) :The damage of ICE FIRE is now 2d3

Extinguish ice fire: Brute purges the ICE FIRE! debuff from a target.

Absorb heat (passive): when struck by a fire or heat based attack the attack is negated and the next ice fire stream deals extra damage. However, if struck by an ice or cold attack, the damage taken is increased, and ice fire stream’s next use is negated, and all strength based actions are weakened considerably until ice fire streams next use.

(Merit level 1) Absorb heat (passive): when struck by a fire or heat based attack, the attack is negated and the heat level is temporarily rasied by one for one round, however if struck by an ice or cold attack the damage taken is doubled and the heat level is temporarily reduced by one for one round

(Merit level 2) : Super strength: This unit may perform a fiatable strength based action, with its immense strength. this is dependent on the ice fire engine, and as such the maximum output depends on the heat level. if it pushes itself hard enough it is capable of immense feats, but may lower the heat level in its exertion. If this unit must check strength for any reason, this is the ability which is taken into account. If the use of this action lowers the heat level, the engine may stall

Edited by Endlessblaze

Spoiler

Fashionista:

+1 Ess for each in Season item equipped.

Artistic Frenzy: “THE POWER OF THE PAINT COMPELS YOU!” When she gets in the zone, anything can happen.
Once per combat you may make an artistic crafting check with “Art to Offend the Gods” without any rushed crafting penalties, usable once per encounter.

Essential Fur Coat: A fashionista’s second favorite accessory.

Always in season. +1 Ess while equipped.

Artists Ultimate Weapon: She can know your deepest fears and nightmares. And paint them.

Deals 2d6+[Ess] psychic damage.

Black Beret: Absolutely. Necessary.

Always in Season, +2 Res.

"Oh, dear Gods!" Alyssa looked at the giant creature in horror, but also, oddly enough, with a slight look of pity. Even though its appearance was hideous, what she was really afraid of was what she saw when she glimpsed into its deepest fears. With no remorse, her fingers went to work creating a masterpiece inside of the creature's mind. Anyone watching on could only wonder what it is that a giant eyeball has to fear, but forming within its thoughts was an even more terrifying monster. The eye was scared. It looked at its master, Cthulhu with both eyes intact, and heard the four words that it feared the most. 

"YOU ARE NOT NEEDED."

With a wave of its hand, Cthulhu dismisses the old eye and sends it to a cruel and torturous death.

Alyssa tries to deal 2d6+11 psychic depression damage to the Eye of Cthulhu.