[IC] TotM:DC "Terraria: A fresh start"

StormLord

Calvera had spent most of the morning meditating, and trying out this 'yoga' thing. She laid on the ground, and slowly rose herself up with her arms. She felt her back stretch, and stretch... and then her elbow buckled, sending her face falling to the floor of the tavern with a thump. She sat up, and held her aching head. "Ugh...." She went downstairs, and sat for a bit, her headache waving through her body. After awhile, it resided for the time being, which relieved her.

She headed out into the fresh afternoon air, taking in the sunlight with a smile. Her feet found the dirt pathway of the village, making her way around on her own self-made tour. She found herself at the Guide's house, spotting Arminius walk in. Whenever Arminius left, Calvera grabbed him by the sleeve, starting to try to drag him. "Come on, Arminius! Let's go exploring!"

Calvera ran off to the north alongside her companion, following the riverside. Eventually, they came upon a couple of slimes that seemed to be made from ice. Arminius and her made quick work of them, as she send out a spiraling wave of heat and fire at the slimes, and these odd floating ice crystals. Upon them falling, Calvera looked around at the scenery, smiling at the beautiful sight of the river through the trees. It's here that she sat upon a rock, watching nature happily.

43 minutes ago, Endlessblaze said:

Leo takes a bite of his hash before replying to jun.

"Well, since it feeds on heat, blasting it with enough ice magic in general can put it out. Besides, it wasn't that warm out, so there was little chance of it spreading over the ground and structures. It would have been a different story if that had happened during the day though. As for actualy damaging structures and robots, that depends on things like how well it takes being frozen over, or getting ice in its joints."

Another bite

"It is possible for the blaze to get so big it cant sustain itself, or simply consume all of its fuel."

"As for stone heart here he was up all night making him."

He ignores snow and rubs the back of his head at Toshiro's interjection.

"heha... yeah. I kinda figured that if they were flying around, Everyone was just going to use ranged weapons. Still it worked out pretty well. I tested the mana type of the materials the Eye dropped. And its some interesting stuff. A bit nasty to, definitely good for weapons, but maybe some other stuff as well. I still need to pick up the refined metal, and test that, but im hopeful ill get something good."

Jun had started on her breakfast once more as she waited for Leo to finally answer her question, and she nodded in Toshiro's direction as a way to acknowledge his presence, and she was just about to open her mouth to say something to him when Leo finished eating a part of his hash and did his best to explain the limitations of the magical spell he had performed in the last battle. She waited for the fish man to finish speaking as she chewed on and desperately tried to swallow an oddly chewy part of the sausage, and she raised an eyebrow when the fish man decided to lean in and openly stared at her katana.

"Well..maybe later, after we have all finished eating" She ate another mouthful of hash browns and mystery meat sausages before she said "But anyway what are the two of you planning on doing later?".

"What I was planning on doing later hmmm?" Toshrio spoke before taking another spoonful of potatoes and sausage and eating before continuing.  "I myself was thinking of going 'venturing a bit. Maybe go to that corruption or crimson place, get some more of that ore, kill a few monsters for a little fun then some come and make a blade or two with the metal I have being prepared." He had this excited smile on him, like he was ready for another challenge.  "Why do you ask? Do you have something on your mind you want to do?"

Spoiler

Crafting: 18 vs 11,
Quality: 25,
Random effect: 67,

As Lucille breaks down the bones she realises that "Pseudo-draconic" is a disappointingly accurate description of the DeathWyvern bone, it also occurs to her that simply splicing in the draconic aspect won't be enough to grant the cat flight for it's far to heavy with its iron bones, so she also splices in the "Hollow bone" aspect.
With the nitty gritty decisions done she activates the spell to splice Do.  The creature that out of the ritual looked far different than that which went in, firstly the fur of the cat had become coarse and hard almost like needles, where once were claws now jutted out long curved talons, its front incisors had outgrown its jaw, and(perhaps most notable) it had grown six new appendages, three on either side of its body, all thin, long, space roughly evenly along the body, and ending in talons.  Stretched between the new appendages was a thin scaled flap of skin that could be rolled up and held against the body or held out over a yard on either side to act as wings.  The wings started at the creature's shoulder and extended(becoming more and more narrow) to the end of its tail.

Lucille sat by the river bank early that morning, surrounded by her beasts. The rushing sound of the currents had served as her only company besides them in this endeavor, while she'd worked out all the specifics and drafted the circuit. Do was as typical, ready to get it done- she barely even had to prompt him before the cat just strolled right to his. She had tossed the dragon bone in and fired it up... And what had walked out of the circle was not precisely what she'd been expecting or hoping for, but was still close enough to the original goal... at least to her. Simple curiosity had been the largest driving factor, plus Do was... well compared to the capabilities of the others, he was getting rather lackluster. She figured the cat could use a little boost...

"Trhoem of Ogd, likl ti wthi iref!" Vera was quite quick to squawk, taking flight to get away from the monstrosity standing before her. Lucille only sighed- seemed the damn bird would never change. The dragon whelps meanwhile felt more curious to her than anything. The Chameleon seemed to have zero damns to give, taking one glance at Do's new form before going right back to searching for insects in the mud. She didn't even know if the Snake registered the event at all, given he was busy sunbathing atop a boulder. 

"Well, these results are serviceable, at least." She said as she stroked the cat dragon's fur, noting just how coarse it had gotten. Especially when her hand moved ever so slightly the wrong direction and she felt a sharp, sudden prick. Taking note for later, she moved her hand towards the ribs, feeling the smooth leather-like wings that had formed. "Only question now though: are they enough to keep you in the air? Making the bones hollow should've fixed the weight prob-"

"Gilfth!? Ilhtfg!? Uyo dare vegi hsti lfthiy heahnte eht prwoe to lfy!? Guacsrflied, a ckoymre to viasan verehyreew!"

The cat stared at the pigeon, sizing her up, weighing his options. Then the next second he had unfurled his wings and made a massive, pouncing leap using them to push off the earth, making several more flaps as he closed the distance between them. Vera squaked in horror as she wheeled about and over his head just as he neared, soaring away- but he followed just as quickly. Before she could even realize the fight was lost, The feline was upon her, and with one deft strike of the paw, took out one of her wings. She tumbled down to the earth by Lucille's feet, splattering her plumage with mud and grit- but alive. Still quite very alive. Too alive, all most. Even the wing he struck had taken no permanent injury, even if it did throb now. 

"Mreow-ow-ow-ow-ow-oooow!" The cat landed not too long after, giving a low, chuckling growl. A warning, one that become clear to Vera- He could truly catch her now. The only reason she lived through that brief aerial exchange was because he'd been toying with her. There was only one room for a favorite in their cabal, and he was the only one of them actively being given improvements as time went on. He had been the first of their numbers. He had been called on the most, when there was work to be done. Not her, nor any of the other rabble who'd joined up. Him. "MREEEEEOooooow..."

The little tweety had lost this fight. She'd be wise not to start it again.

Lucille resisted the urge to speak up at the growing sense of superiority the cat radiated, deflate his bubble by telling him the purpose was quite the opposite and this whole operation was out of pity. But, well In all fairness, Vera seemed to have been doing everything she could to antagonize him- and as far as she could tell there was no lasting injury. Perhaps this would be a humbling experience for the pigeon, having her chicks come home to roost. She let him have his moment, while it would last. But eventually, it was time to go. The scent of rain was getting stronger, she could feel the winds picking up. Might as well find out more about these artifacts, if nothing else today.

"Alright, thats enough," she said, "Come on, all of you. We're heading back- try not to kill each other on the way."

And Do was the first to follow, flaring his wings with pride as he gave one last, lingering look of victory at Vera...and grinned.

Do has been altered to the following state!

Spoiler

Do

Sex: Male
Race: Felis Draco Ferum ("Iron Dragon-Cat")
-A predatory feline that is, for all intents and purposes, the amalgamation of a cat and a dragon. It's fur is coarse to the touch and surprisingly hard; so much so they could function almost like needles if bristled. A set of Long curved talons sprout from it's paws, and its front fangs extend below it's jaw, resembling a saber-tooth tiger's. It has three long, spindly appendages sprouting at even intervals from either side of its body, each of which is tipped with a Talon; stretched between these appendages is a thin, scaled flap of skin starting at the creature's shoulder and extending to the end of its tail, becoming narrower as it does- effectively forming a set of wings that can either be furled and held flush to the body, or spread over their full span of roughly 2 yards to enable sustained flight. It stands at around the same height as a medium sized dog (24-26 inches).

Stats 
HP: 22/22

Essence: 1 
Constitution: 1 
Dexterity: 2 
Intelligence: 3
Resistance: 4 
Strength: 6 
Synergy: 1 

Actions 
Active
Draconic Tactics- [deals 2d6+Str damage. When fighting Serpents or Avians however, deals 3d6+Str instead]

Passive 
Hunting- [This unit gains a 10% bonus to their stats while tracking or using stealth, with a minimum boost of 1.] 

Iron Eternal- [Substances which were once a part of the user possess the qualities of iron, and the target is considered Iron for several effects.]

Draconic Essence- [This unit is considered to be a Dragon/Wyvern by most effects.]

Flight- [This unit possesses the ability of sustained flight and gains a 10% dodge chance while doing so in an area where it is applicable.]

8 hours ago, EXLink32 said:

"What I was planning on doing later hmmm?" Toshrio spoke before taking another spoonful of potatoes and sausage and eating before continuing.  "I myself was thinking of going 'venturing a bit. Maybe go to that corruption or crimson place, get some more of that ore, kill a few monsters for a little fun then some come and make a blade or two with the metal I have being prepared." He had this excited smile on him, like he was ready for another challenge.  "Why do you ask? Do you have something on your mind you want to do?"

Jun gently put her utensils down onto her empty plate as an extremely obvious way of signalling the fact that she was done with the meal before she said "Personally I want to hand off the pieces of ore I already have to the blacksmith to have him smelt it into a much more usable form, then after that I need to walk back to the bus that took me here to make sure that Tattletale is still alive and grab some extra supplies, and after all of that is said and done I was planning on just spending the rest of the day by going on a little excursion with a small group of people to back me up just in case things turn nasty".

"A little excursion huh?" He spoke before stuffing the last of the food on his plate into his mouth. After a bit of chewing he swallowed before continuing.  "If this is an invitation to your little excursion group then sure I'll join. Best to explore as a group anyways, and besides it's more fun that way. Just make sure I can fight with my blades without fear of burning myself." He chuckled glancing at Leo with that last comment. 

"Sounds fun to me, I don't exactly have any solid plans for what Im going to today either. I considered going to the mine and getting more materials, but if we can get more of that ore by going to these corruption and crimson places, that would be a big help"

"They don't sound like friendly places though."

"Oh right, hang on"

Leo gets up and goes to talk to the bartender, leaning over the counter.

"Hey did those mushrooms work well?"

"Yeah, and I suppose you want to potions now too, and I suppose you haven't got anything to pay me with too."

Grumpy as before he barely even looks at leo.

“That depends, how much do I owe you?”

The Barkeep walk over to his shelf and pulls off four small potions, there doesn't seem to be more than about an ounce of liquid in each.
"Fifty copper is standard for the lesser healing potions, twenty-five since you got the mushrooms, discount on the next batch if you bring back the bottles."
He paused, then pushed the bottles to Leo over the counter.
"I'll put it on your tab."

"Right, thanks."

Leo returns to the table, and presents the potions.

"This should help cover injuries...Mmm"

He pops the lid off one of the bottles, testing it and the fluid within before putting the lid back on, and noting them down on his computer.

"Not bad..."

Then he takes another bite of food

Jun nodded once before she carefully put on her helmet . "Well it's settled then, I'll meet the three of you in front of the tavern in a few moments, just have to pop down to the blacksmith's shop first to get some ore smelted and grab some supplies". After saying that she picked up her plate and walked off towards the innkeeper to pay for her meal, before she headed towards the blacksmith's shop and did her best to try and get a couple of necessary resource gathering tools for as low of a price as humanly possible.

Toshiro nods towards to two before getting up and taking his plates to the kitchen before waiting outside in-front of the tavern. He wonders what sort of creatures or goodies they will find out here on this strange island. Only time will tell I suppose. He leans by the tavern door waiting for the others to finish getting ready.

Alyssa walks out in the morning a little later than everyone else. And she looks like she remodeled. Her once blue-purple hair has now changed to a striking yellow that fades into muted orange tips that all fall to one side of her head. Her light blue cardigan has been changed out for a light yellow blouse that trails black specks downwards until the edge of the shirt is all black. She struts down the stairs with a pep in her step as she looks at the crowd.

"Goodness, me. This place is much less pleasant looking in the daytime. I'll help out with that." Before deciding what to eat and where to sit, she chimes in to the conversations as they head out of the door. "If you need to create any weapons or armors, just give me a ring. I'll be bustling around town for the most part"

After delivering her messages, Alyssa goes and sits near the barkeep to strike up a conversation. "Hello, I'm Alyssa and I will be redecorating your 'full of character and potential' inn. That is, if you will allow it. I could see a couple of paintings and maybe some banners around. Some kind of special paint job on the walls."

With a sad sigh, Calvera stands from the rock she had been sitting on, and proceeds to head back into the village, slowly making her way back, eyes up at the sky. The wind in her hair, the grass between her toes, now lacking that of her shoes. It felt serene to her. Like a home, almost. She wondered what it would be like to live here. With the wild creatures, and whatnot. Scary, and serene at the same time. How odd.

Shortly after all her thoughts, she made it back into the village, and stepped back towards the tavern. She headed inside, and took a seat.

Edited by Projeck

Spoiler

Lucille finds the Guide still working on notes in his "office",

"What can I help you with?" He asks, looking up from the books on his table.

"I was wondering if you had anymore information on the artifacts you mentioned"

"Enchanted weapons, armor, wands, tomes of power, baubles, impossible objects such as a cloud in a bottle." He stood up and walked over to a chest of some sort, opened it, and pulled out a carved wooden stick. He offered it to Lucille and then spoke again. "This is something we found buried in on of the nearby hills, we think it was some kind of child's toy.  It's got a simple enchantment that creates sparks."  
     "Very interesting..." Lucille said as she took the stave. Despite the presumable age, the wood felt remarkably solid and smooth in her hands. She took the time to open her senses beyond the physical world, trying to learn about it's past.

Spoiler

StormLord(Frigus | Tim) - Today at 6:24 PM
Quality: 37,
Lucille can tell that the wand was in fact intended for entertainment, she can also tell it was used on several occaions to blind or distract something with a shower of sparks in defense.  She also learns how to activate it.

"It seems you're right that it was used as a toy at some point," She said, activating the rod for show "though from what I just sensed, it was used in self-defense at least a few times. Did you find anything else of note in those hills- ruins, pottery, other artifacts? How far outside of town are they, exactly?"
     "Interesting, I wouldn'tve thought that" The Guide nodded, "Yes, all of the above, and more.  Everywhere on the island.  Though finding a magical artifact that is actually still useful isn't all that common.  At one point the island was almost entirely settled, great cities and castles were fashioned for the three ruling houses, until...well we aren't sure what happened.  But something drove people away from the island and then wiped out anyone still living here."
     "I see... Well, do you know any details about these ruling houses per chance? Or anything else about the history of the island's old inhabitants before they were... driven off and slaughtered? Any details at all you can provide about where more things like this might be found could help with our efforts here."

"Well most off what I know is either based on old history that's been warped over the years, about the fanatics and cultist who stayed on the island, or straight from the Dryad who's lived here for far longer than any of us have been alive.  I know of a large structure to the east that has some sort of curse on it to prevent entry, there is a jungle on the other side of the desert to the far west that was settled at one point, I don't have much information on it though, we've found a number of houses and structures underground in the cave systems below the village.

There was once a port town to the south where this river meets the ocean, it seems to have crumbled at some point, there is a ruined castle to the north, as well as ice caves.  Be careful there though, several of the others has mentioned seeing...things walking around in the bilzzards.  The goblins are coming from the southeast based on your groups descriptions, the Crimson and Corruption that I mentioned last night can be found in the northeast and northwest respectively."
      He stopped and took a few steps over to one of the bookcases, before pulling a rather large book off. "Can you read by any chance?"

"Uh.... no," Lucille answered, sheepishly "No, I'm afraid I can't."

"Right..." He put the book back on the shelf, "Well have you got any more questions?"

"Those fanatics and cultist you mentioned.... do the rumors hold any truth? Er- have any of you actually had confrontations with them or seen them? What exactly are they worshiping?"

"They're suppose to be the reason behind all of the living dead on the island, but they've been gone a long time.  They seemed to have mostly worshiped your standard array of world ending entities, demons, and forces of darkness.  There was one cult that worshiped the moon and stars, and another that went on and on about something called 'the Hallow', I don't know what that is and I haven't come across anything more about it in any of the books I've found."
      "I see. Well, I think thats all the questions I have, for now at least. Thanks for your time..." she turned to leave, but stopped after just a few steps. There was something else that came to mind... "One more thing though- is the Dryad back yet? I wanted to speak to her as well before I started looking..."

"She should be back this evening, and I'm sure she'll want to talk to all of you."

and to that, lucille only nodded, and left.

Lucille had spent some time talking to the guide after returning from the river. Though most of her questions had at least been partially answered, she couldn't help the feeling there was far more going on here than any of the locals seemed to realize. Giant... eye things, smaller baby eye things, walking corpses, and probably a whole host of other nasty things, from what the man had told her. It almost reminded her of home- the talk of dead kingdoms and cities, once great and prosperous, now reduced to ruins and infested by all manner of horrors... most of which apparently conjured up by the hands of man.

Oh the irony... the two really didn't seem that much different, in basic history. Relatively recent history, at least- past few centuries. 

"Well, not much we can do until she returns," she sighed as they walked from the office, "oh well- who knows... maybe I can find someone to help me search these hills he mentioned- probably not too smart to go much further beyond that though-"

"Mreow."

"what?" 

"Mreoooow"

Do promptly directed his attention to the group waiting outside the tavern, seemingly gathering supplies as a few of them headed off in various directions. He let the summary of what he saw flow to the girl, as he cleaned one of his paws non chalantly. 

"Well... I suppose this will be easier than I thought. Come on, let's go see what this is all about."

And like that, she walked over, and got roped into whatever madness the group was about to embark upon...

Spoiler

Luck: 60,

The party make their way to the bus without issue, when they reach it they fine Tattletale inside just kinda...sitting around. "How did it go with the village?"

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:05 PM

"It went quite well, no one died horribly when we were attacked by a horde of flying eyes for example"

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:05 PM

"Oh, whos this?" Leo pokes his head into the bus(edited)

StormLord(Frigus | Tim)-Yesterday at 11:11 PM

"Tattletale, now I'm assuming you want something or you wouldn't have bothered to come back here."(edited)

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:12 PM

"I came here to get some supplies, and also because I honestly just realized that we left you in the middle of a monster infested forest for a whole night"

"And I wanted to make sure that you still had a pulse"

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:14 PM

Leo peers over some of the loot in the bus "Ooooo shiny....Mind if i take a look at this?" He seems to be looking at the broken sword.

StormLord(Frigus | Tim)-Yesterday at 11:16 PM

"Right, well don't worry too much about me, there are only two things in this forest that could get into the bus, and you killed one of them last night."

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:16 PM

"What was the other one?"

EXLink32 (Toshiro)-Yesterday at 11:16 PM

"Well then what's the other thing?"

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:16 PM

"And do you know where it is?"

StormLord(Frigus | Tim)-Yesterday at 11:18 PM

"Oh, it's about 20 to 30 miles that way--" She points off in the distance, roughly south west, "--and moves at a slow walking pace, some kind of royal slime thing. Whatever that means."

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:18 PM

"Ah, well it shouldn't be a problem then"

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:19 PM

"Oooo sounds interesting. Who wants to go check it out?"(edited)

"...wait. how do you know this?"

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:19 PM

"Although....there is an invading army of goblins coming towards the village apparently"

"Do you know if they are bringing anything with them that is strong enough to break into the bus?"

EXLink32 (Toshiro)-Yesterday at 11:23 PM

Toshrio starts rubbing his chin and grows a cheeky smile once more. "Heh, heh, heh, you think we could kill that royal slime? Seems like quite the fun challenge."

StormLord(Frigus | Tim)-Yesterday at 11:23 PM

She turns to Leo. "Thinker powers. No I'm not explaining it." Back to Jun: "Yeah, they'll be here in about....six days or so? That also depends on whether or not you try to slow them down, and yes they've got stuff that can break into the bus, I'll be moving it somewhere safe before they get here."

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:24 PM

"Well that is good to know, also...do you have any way to contact us if something happens?"

StormLord(Frigus | Tim)-Yesterday at 11:25 PM

"I think there are still a few burner phones back here, but no service towers."

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:26 PM

"I guess I'll just have to remember to check up on you every couple of days until we get something that actually works out here then"

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:27 PM

"I might be able to make use of one of those phones for parts, and produce some means of communication, if you don't mind me takeing one to tinker with?"

StormLord(Frigus | Tim)-Yesterday at 11:28 PM

"They aren't mine, so feel free. Also there is going to be a meteor shower in a couple days, right after something called a 'Blood moon', just be prepared."

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:28 PM

"Sure, it might be a good idea to make some extra ones and hand them out to the rest of the party if it works out"

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Leo takes one of the phones "im curious about this sword, where did you guys get it? And why is it broken?"

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:29 PM

"Also that is....interesting, do you know if any of the meteors will land anywhere near the village or the bus?"

EXLink32 (Toshiro)-Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Toshiro takes a phone as well

StormLord(Frigus | Tim)-Yesterday at 11:31 PM

"Just in the forest and surrounding area." She takes a quick look at the sword. "It fell out of the void into the bus, probably shouldn't mess with it without some prep work."

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:32 PM

"Also I forgot to mention it earlier when you were rooting through the items we have collected, but you shouldn't touch any of the weird looking metal with your bare hands, unless you want to lose them that is"

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:33 PM

"noted...and uh...what kind of metal is it?"

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:34 PM

"Gold and a lot of technically usable steel and iron"

StormLord(Frigus | Tim)-Yesterday at 11:34 PM

((There is some bismuth in there too))

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:34 PM

"...Technically useable?"

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:35 PM

"It should be fine, don't worry about it too much"

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:36 PM

"whats the deal with that stuff there" he points at the assorted boat non-sense

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:38 PM

"We had to dismantle an entire graveyard of boats a couple of days ago, and someone decided to bring all of the scrap with us for some reason"

StormLord(Frigus | Tim)-Yesterday at 11:39 PM

"Weren't you guys going somewhere?"

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:39 PM

"I think we should have sold all of it and bought something more useful, but whatever"(edited)

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:39 PM

"Are you kidding! There could be valuable stuff in there!"

leo looks through the assorted boat non-sense. looking for any pieces of tech or interesting machinery

EXLink32 (Toshiro)-Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Toshiro crosses his arms and looks dissapointed(edited)

"I doubt you'll find anything in all that scrap"

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:43 PM

"I don't think that there is anything usable left in that pile, especially after we blew most of it up"

StormLord(Frigus | Tim)-Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Luck: 10,

Leo finds that most of this is going to be impossible to sort through in the bus, most of it is steel, aluminum, sun-bleached polyester, and polystyrene.

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:44 PM

"You say junk, i say raw materials" Snow: "He gets like this. Don't mind him"

Nine Fingered Jouster-Yesterday at 11:45 PM

"Right let's just...head towards the corruption for now and let him catch up later or something"

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:45 PM

"H-Hey, don't leave me here!"

EXLink32 (Toshiro)-Yesterday at 11:45 PM

"Agreed"(edited)

Endlessblaze (Lilly shard)-Yesterday at 11:46 PM

leo tears himself away from the pile of scrap and follows them out.

When Satomi woke up, she was still tragically unbathed thanks to the fatigue immediately following the previous day's battle (something she'd have to commit to fixing tonight). The Crab, of course, vigilant keepers of the watch on the wall and brave explorers of the Shadowland that they were, were no strangers at all to spending days on end without any sort of bathing, but Satomi was starting to feel a little bit disgraceful, not to mention filthy. Plus, it would be an absolutely heavenly experience to get to unwind in a bath, even if it probably wasn't a proper bath house...

Except now Satomi was getting ahead of herself! She couldn't get lost in imagining luxury when she had a job to do, and Satomi knew for a fact that she most certainly had a job to do. After having a quick breakfast, she headed out of the tavern to confirm what she'd seen earlier; she remembered only getting a bare and blurry glimpse or two of the walls earlier, seeing as she'd been busy, but from what she remembered they were simple wooden walls at the passes down to the valley, with the exception of the narrow pass to the east, which she would have to turn her attention to as well.

When she actually got up to the northern wall after a little walk, Satomi squinted at the wall, getting an actual detailed look... and then stepped backwards in shock, putting a hand to her mouth. "Oh, kami! This is terrible! This is the worst wall I've ever seen in my entire life!" Satomi semi-frantically went from one end of the wall to the other, prodding at it and observing it carefully, taking about a half-hour in doing so, muttering things like: "Wouldn't even stand up to a squad of goblins..." and "I'm sure even the Crane could knock this bit down with a little effort..." the entire time as she did.

When she concluded that, she took the marching gait of somebody who was some mixture of furious and determined and marched on down to the Guide's office. The petite engineer had some questions to ask, because she fully intended to have those walls torn down and fully replaced. When the Guide let her in, and greeted her, she immediately barraged him with her inquiries, and a couple of statements besides: "The walls at the passes are awful! They wouldn't stand up to a determined group of people, much less an actual siege! My first priority will have to be fixing these -- no, not fixing them, tearing them down and replacing them totally. But I need to know two things before I can do that: first of all, who from the village can I get to help me assemble the walls? Secondly, does the village have a stockpile of materials? I will need wood and stone to deal with this problem."

Jun quietly walked out of the bus with the supplies he had deemed necessary to take from the bus's overflowing storage compartment in tow, and he waited for Leo and Toshiro to do the same before she looked around the surprisingly serene and calm forest clearing that most of them had fought in just the other night. It took a few moments before she realized something and decided to ask "Okay, so does anyone here actually know where the corruption is? Or do we all have to walk back into town to ask the guide for directions?". 

"Wait- wait...." Lucille piped up, practically jumping to her feet from the log she sat on (because like hell had she been about to stay on that bus and listen to their pointless chatter when they should be moving) "You mean to tell me NONE of you actually thought to ask directions where you were going, before you got going? What exactly did you plan then, before you convinced me to come along?"

She didn't wait for a response before she sighed, gripping the bridge of her nose "Alright, look- I talked to the guide earlier, luckily. He told me about all the landmarks nearby- said that the 'Corruption' lies to the northwest of the village. Vera could easily lead us in the proper direction from above, so navigating shouldn't be much of an issue.... but please, someone remind me again: Why exactly does anyone think it's a good idea to go to a place that's quite literally called 'corruption' and probably has no end of things that would love to eat us?"

"I though Jun knew where it was since she was leading us." The three eye'd fishman shrugged.  "As for why we want to go, I can't speak for anyone else but I wanted to go to try and get some more of that strange metal. Also, I heard there were some nasty creatures there so I thought I might be fun to test their worth." He said the last part with a cheery smile, resting his left arm on his blade strapped to his side.

"I was planning on heading there for a few moments to see if I can't find and gather anything usable from that area. Such as the demonite ore that the Eye spat out in the manner of a particularly grousome pinata". Jun turned to stare in the fishman's general direction. "That and Toshiro was planning on heading there alone anyway, and I realized that between the three of us", she gestured at herself, Toshiro, and Leo before she continued with "We could feasibly stay on the outskirts of that place for just long enough to get something that makes the trip back home worthwhile".

The Mine(Kusuke):

After a trip into the mine to get ore and another to look for a kiln(which he found but couldn't get to) Kusuke exits the mine just in time to see Arminius leave the Demo's shop and Satomi going to talk to the Guide.

Random event: 20,

The clouds seem to be piling up, it probably won't rain for a while now, but best watch out.

The village has woken up at this point and people are moving all around, several people working on damage from the night before, the Blacksmith and Mason were doing something at the smelter, over all it looked like people were going about their daily business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Tavern(Alyssa):

"You...what?"

The Barkeep looked a bit confused at Alyssa for a second.

"Look, this ain't any kinda prissy 'highclass' wine house.  This is a working man's pub."

He set down the plate he was cleaning.

"If you really want to help I've been meaning to replace the daubing on the corner over there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guide's House(Satomi):

The Guide(who looked like he had just sat down to get back to work on something) listened to what Satomi had to say before reaching into one of his desk drawers and pulling out what looked to be a notebook.

"Well they work well enough against the zombies who would just as much rather wander aimlessly as try and get into town."

He flipped several pages in the notebook.

"But you're right, they won't stand up against a real siege."

He seemed to have found whatever he was looking for because he read something, abruptly stopped, and closed the book.

"I looks like we've got 128 cut stone bricks waiting to be turned into a house and 16 cut logs ready, plus anything that can be scavenged from the current walls.  I've got writing supplies if you need them to work on plans, feel free to talk with the Mason and Blacksmith, I believe they're by the smelter now, or the Carpenter who is usually somewhere near the sawmill to the north.  When you feel ready to get to work I can gather a small group of people to help you, there may not be that many of us, but we'll do what we can."

Exploration Group:

After talking with Tattletale and grabbing some healing items the group makes their way towards what they believe to the Corruption.

Luck: 84,

Good fortune being on their side they trudge through the forest of evergreens only encountering a hand full of slimes on the way.

(Gain 3 gel).

Luck: 62,

Mid-morning has past and the cloud cover is getting a little heavier, but the walking is still fair as the forest begins to thin and the mountains turn to hills.

Luck: 65,

Random event: 12,

Int Check(Lucille): 20 vs 11,

While most of the party is entranced in conversation with each other as they climb yet another hill that stands between them and the Corruption, Lucille is waiting, listening to everything around them, and is also the first one to hear the river.

As the group reaches the crest of the hill they find an almost shear drop down to the waters of a fast moving river.  It was about 20 feet across to the other bank, and almost as far of a drop to the water.
Looking up and down stream no one can really see any significantly better places to cross(such as down trees or the like).

"Stop where you are," Lucille ordered the rest as they crested the hill, before any of them could plummet to their demise. From how things felt on the echomap, getting over this thing sadly wouldn't be as simple as jumping across, or finding a lower point to wade over the river. She'd been keeping track of things though, as they walked... all the shapes that had popped up on sonar, all the tiny noises the rest of them ignored. She walked over to the nearest of those shapes- tall, towering, solid in it's reverberation. After a few clicks of her tongue, she'd ascertained the tree was tall enough to suit their purposes.

"As I'm sure all of you can tell by now- that River's no small  hurdle we can just jump over. This tree here is tall enough to span the gap though. I can get it down fairly quickly, but we'd need someone or something to drag it to the edge and form the bridge. Any superhuman volunteers?"

"Then let's get this done with," And with that, Lucille felt up and down the tree's trunk, and finally found the spot she wanted. Taking a step back and advising everyone else to do the same, she took a breath before launching into a quick incantation- the very words of which seemed to warp and distort as a dull, thrumming screech resounded through the area. Within the blink of an Eye, the air had distorted ever so slightly, as twin shockwaves lashed out and sent the mighty oak toppling like child's play. 

She had been right that the tree was more than tall enough to suit their needs, given once it landed with a thunderous boom- a fair bit of it's branches were hanging over the edge already. With another quick incantation, she trimmed the limbs away, letting them fall into the rushing waters below. By the end of it, what they had was a raw log, ready to be pushed across.

Which is precisely what she gave Frost Brute the go ahead to do, turning back to the others as the massive golem slowly but surely spanned the ravine. Those paying attention may have noticed her beast acting... odd. Fidgeting, looking back and forth between the thinning forests and whatever lay beyond this river. Do seemed especially vigilant, eyes trained on the horizon and talons at the ready....

"Welp," she began "we're almost there, I think... something's beginning to set them all off. Hmmmm... perhaps it's an Omen? One we should follow? Animals can sense evil, you know... and whatever that ore is, it's probably not worth whatever we're about to run into. Just saying..." 

Yet despite her words, she knew most of them would probably still be set on doing this...just wasted breath at this point. She was thankful she'd opted to keep the armor from last night- helped to hide the fact she was shaking right along with her beasts. Whatever had happened to this landscape, it was like a sickening pulse that grew stronger with each mile of ground they covered...

The engine's sound grew into a roar, and the temperature dropped a bit, as frostbrute outright LIFTED the tree though, just barely, and moved it into place. Though from the way its engine seemed to sputter when it sat it back down and the way it stumbled back a bit showed it had worked pretty hard.

"Well. that should do it."