[Epilogue] WitchHunt! - Coven Win

Daniel Blackworth

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anti_Hero but not all of them are particularly useful as Court members. For instance it wouldn't be very beneficial to have a DOB, Survivalist or Gambler appointed at the Court instead of a player who has a role that synergizes better with this subfaction.

The worst case scenario would be a witch with a powerful role getting elected... that's why we should be wary of everyone's intentions.

OK, it seems like me and Anti_Hero have disagreements on whether or not a role is useful for court, since the role I hadn't considered especially helpful is in his list. I guess, by Anti's definition, I would be helpful for court, then? Hadn't really thought about it like that. (Not gonna reveal more than that for obvious reasons)

I suppose, with that in mind, then, I have to ask a few questions regarding the King's Court:

1. This seems like an obvious one, but am I right in assuming that every "living player" refers to everyone in the game, when it comes to voting to the court?

2. Is it also correct to assume that the 2 players elected by the living players are elected during the first night, like with the King's decision?

@Alistairas I said it depends on the partners and how the game goes, but in my opinion there are some roles more useful than others (to the court)

Anyway we are 19 players, how many witches? I didn't find it on the op. We can preselect 2 players and divide the remaining in 2 factions. The first vote all for person 1 and the second faction vote all on person 2. This is to minimise the probability of selecting mafia 

How do we preselect them? The best would be magister using random generator ... Since he is impartial. I don't want to do it. If there is one witch then you will say it's my fault and kill me. And if it is a witch to do we might as well not do it 

Edited by Anti_Hero

VOTE UPDATE:

You have around 64 hours until this phase ends. If you wish to lynch someone, you need 10 votes on that person, and if you wish to end the day early, you need 15 votes on someone or on a No Lynch vote, if you wish so. You also need a minimum of three posts per Day Phase for this game. 

ADDITIONAL NOTE: There are 5 witches in this setup and only roles #1 - #18 are used in this game as Corso has decided to pass for this game.

Not voted yet [18] - Purplecicada, Greninja, Alistair, Roswell, Venus, Lykos Hand, Endearing Character Trait, Anti_Hero, Cool Girl, Paul25, Digital Amber, Jace Stormkirk, Megagun, Shadowsusanoo, Lord Drakyle, Nagisa Hideyoshi, Refty365

Edited by Magister Divergent

Guest Sparkin'

I don't need to be in the court.

There doesn't seem to be anyone worth lynching, and since there is the option to abstain, I will [Vote] No One

We don't have any evidence yet, but we are faced with an issue. There are 5 witches and 11 town, as a result, the witches are already winning the election(assuming unity) we need to pick two decrease the candidates for court to a low number and mass vote them, if we strongly think they are innocent 

For the moment, in the absence of anything else, Vote No One

I guess I'll offer myself up as someone for everyone to vote for? I'm fine backing off if other people have better reasons for doing so, but since we need town roles in there anyway (and since, as was pointed out otherwise, the Witches basically get a free one if we don't agree on 2 people), it's worth the risk.

Can anyone explain in easier or more clear ways to understand how witches have an advantage or whatever in the election or something? Noticing it mentioned but not exactly sure how they have an advantage?

If you mean because they could all vote for one of their own I guess that would make sense.

As for me, i'd rather not be voted into the court, i'm sure you can easily choose someone more eager or suited to it or more trustworthy if there is anyone we knew could be trusted without a doubt among us all.

I'm gonna [Vote] No One 

Well, this is a rather interesting game to say the least. So here is a small concern that I have. If we as a group vote for two people, and one of those people was either the King or his chosen one already, then the fourth person becomes who? Is it a random chosen by RNG of Dive, or is it that there are only 3 members instead because no valid votes were available?

@Lord Drakyle Since the Witches all know who the other Witches are, they can use all of their votes on a single one of them and, since the Court is not aware of the roles or allegiances of its other members, get into the King's Court and report to the Coven.

Ergo, to counteract this, the town needs to attempt to select 2 people to focus our votes on, so that we ensure that the 2 people who are elected are likely town.

It is impossible to know someone is town for sure . At least for now. My opinion is to random selection 2 people . We have a 6 in 18 to choose a person that is mafia or king. (I don't know if the king chooses the next night or already choose)

Anyway we have a high probability of getting none mafia . But still high that there is one.

• Global Mods

My role could potentially be useful in the King's Court. However, that is all for everyone to decide. As for a lynch, I think I might abstain for now until we have better options.

[vote] No one.

Guest Sparkin'

My role's useful as well, but I'm not pursuing for it. 

I agree we should take care with who we vote, but the king also has to take care with who he elects. Even if we do vote for our 2 people, there's still a 50/50 chance that the one whom the king elects is a witch. 

Anyway, looks like we're leaving today's kill to the judge. Let's hope they aren't a witch.

And also, I've read the original post and there's no role that can kill at night (with the exception of the hunter). 

Can we assume that whoever dies at night is a villager from this?