[Epilogue] WitchHunt! - Coven Win

Daniel Blackworth

Ok, let's try and figure out why Roswell was killed.

Looking over what he said

1) he talked a lot of strategy ideas (showing he was smart/experienced)

2) he put himself up for court

Anything else that I'm missing?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might sound kind of dumb, but what if the Judge is one of the witches (it is possible for any non holy/royalty role to be a witch)? Alistair and Roswell had a lot in common—what if the motivation for each killing was the same? Also, why would the Judge kill someone day 1? Either they're new/inexperienced/suspecting, or they're a witch.

Ok, another possibly dumb theory—what if the people who are barely posting (Greninja, Paul, and Amine to name a few) don't feel much of a compulsion to post here and play because they're talking to each other (or just others) in the Coven? It seems kind of weird to me that they're not adding much.... seems like what a witch would do (try and keep a low profile and fly under the radar) 👀

Granted, they could just be busy or trying to keep a low profile because that's just a smart move in general, but whoever the witches are will definitely be putting more effort into concealment. 

If the Judge is the Witch or the Coven, then we're quite done. Judge could lynch anyone he wants and the lynch ignores extra lives, so Priest's ability or W.O.D's ability have use against the Judge...

I just hope the RNG didn't pick a witch or Coven as the judge... but even that is not impossible

The joke about being Alistair'd or something? Also it is possible the Witchs saw Roswell as a threat, hell maybe he was onto one of them but would be hard to say for sure, the Judge's motivations are difficult to put any confirmation in or say anything for sure, but what we can say with certainity is, The Coven wanted Roswell dead, the question is Why? if we can figure that out or find strong enough suspicion it may help us identify the witchs or at least avoid making ourselves targets.

Hopefully  our future actions will force the witchs to expose themselves more in order to identify who they will next target but until then we need to hope the King's Court isn't compromised by a Witch as a member and if it is they are either identified or the damage they do able to be minimised.

So until then let's try establish reasons why Roswell was wanted dead and why Alistair was lynched, we can then use what we can use as motivations in either case lets just hope Alistair was a witch, would be a wasted lynch by the judge if he was a villager like us good folk

The prime targets to be killed are most likely those who have experience with this game before and even worse if some of those veterans are on the enemy side. As for Alistair whom I lynched, it is because he has experience in the game and with the same reason I mentioned above. I don't know others who experienced playing mafia before, but he definitely is. It would be good if he's on our side and I hope he is...

Well if Roswell is experienced and implied that he had a good role, then it would be kind of obvious why the Coven would want to kill him.

I'm not sure we can figure out why Alistair was lynched without somebody using their role's action to somehow determine if the Judge was a witch, or if the Judge just came out and told us.

But I guess the Judge saw what Alistair said and acted based off of that, but Alistair talked almost exactly like Roswell talked—if Alistair was a witch, it would be quite the coincidence (imo) if Roswell was working from a different starting point (i.e. Allegiance). I'm still kind of suspecting the Judge to be a Coven member tbh—it offers the most explanation for what happened. I don't know though, the Judge also could have just been somebody who is more trigger-happy (but then that would either be characteristic of somebody who plays these games regularly, or somebody who is inexperienced). 

@Refty365 Concealment as in stealthy? Pretty sure the witchs wouldn't outright say "Hey, we are the Witchs, try stop us" but I do understand your point people not speaking much can definitely be suspicious, less noticed and so difficult to determine their view and what they want, but there is also frequent talkers, myself included, who could be suspect, when people talk often you don't really pay them much heed as suspicious, they are a regular face who seems to want the best for the village right? That means we must always remember and never forget, EVERYONE is suspect even you should suspect yourself! :P only people we cant suspect is King, Priest and Acolyte, unfortunately we don't know who they are, but they know who they are and don't need to suspect themselves, with Acolyte not needing to suspect only one person other than themselves suppose it is double-edged, they know someone they can trust but trying to get others to trust the Priest no one knows? Either make themselves look like a Witch, or paint a target on both their backs for the Witchs...or both!

I'll tell you all a little bit about myself, my role? nothing useful to anyone in these times currently so hard to trust me in anything but without a doubt, I will call you out if I think you have questionable intent or reason for a suggested action and will try explain my own justifications if asked specifically about what I am trying to justify, even if it paints me as the guy no one likes.

Also @Nagisa_Hideyoshi You are the Judge!? Well I guess that means we at least can try ask you about what Alistair did to get lynched, unless you was joking which is dangerous given the Judge would have a massive target on their back, village or witchs, if the villagers like myself lose trust in our judge, why keep them? same can be said if the Witchs wanted the judge out of the picture which they would almost certainly want sooner or later.

So if you really are the Judge, Nagisa, sure lynching him means if he was a witch one less dangerous witch (but then one less of any witch is still good), if he wasn't he is no good to us anymore.

EDIT: only just saw what ya said Nagisa, honestly be very specific and choose words carefully, one wrong word changes an entire sentence meaning, I was one bad answer from voting you to be lynched.

Edited by Lord Drakyle

Actually, I am not the judge and the later is just a possibilty. It is possible for the Judge to be part of the Coven or the witch herself, which is quite advantageous for them, since it is hard to determine who's who with all the facade we put to avoid being suspected. Silence is gold they said, but maybe not for those with PM skills...

Edited by Nagisa_Hideyoshi

I guess the reason would be if you wanted him dead and voted for him but not  enough of us agreed. If the judge is not the only one voting it's not as suspicious. 

The judge can only pick a target when we don't agree, so it's not a total gamebreaker if (s)he/xe is a witch. 

The witches might try to lay low/blend in, but one of them might also try to steer the discussion so it's hard to judge just on that I think. 

Implying the Judge is a Female? they could also be Male or Non Binary or God, or a Pokémon or just that dude staring at you from over the top of a closed book they spent reading for 30 minutes now, seriously the blurb aint that interesting.

Anyhoo, think we should give it 24 hours of our 72 hour day to try see if any question stuff comes up before we start voting on how to proceed with lynch voting?

Yeah. I get your point that quietness/loudness doesn't necessarily condemn someone as being a witch, but we've got to work with what we've got, right? Idk, this is my first time playing (as I've already mentioned) so I don't know exactly what good strategies are lol. But hey, I've got to go, just to let you know (so dropping out of the conversation doesn't seem super questionable lol)

Just got out a group meeting and didn't know post was up yet. Anyway, I voted for Ross for Court, not that it matters. The acolyte is in a risky position due to knowledge of priest, but also could make both the priest and the acolyte look like witches. The only good thing to come out of the two deaths are we likely have two angles to protect the priest. I feel like Alistair should have been the D.O.B due to the trend of lynching him. 

Well, what a night! Ok so here is an inquiry response to @Nagisa_Hideyoshi. Just putting out a thought that could explain actions.

If you were the judge, you might first try to eliminate someone by getting a vote started. Then, if that failed and you were convinced that your target was a threat to you, be it a Coven member if your town, or a good player who is town if your Coven, you would/could use your judgement powers to eliminate said threat.

I didn't really implied the judge as a female, and yeah, it could be anybody. Though I refer it to the Witch being a the Judge at the same time, and... witches always referred to females in literary sense, but well... in this game you could be a guy and still called a witch, who cares?

Guest Sparkin'

Seems likely. I'm also think that the judge is a witch. Instead of killing someone like that, I think they should have holded their gun.

Also, what do you think of gravedigger outing?

Edited by Sparkin'