[GG! End]Dark Ages Mafia

sailboat

4 hours ago, Alistair said:

Does Survivalist protect against lynching? That would be a bit OP.

What does our game master @sailboat think of this?

an extra life works differently with night immunity. An extra life lets you survive a lynch

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Anti_Hero said:

Or and this is another option that is really dangerous, you want us to believe in you. meaning you sell out a friend just so you get the trust of us all... this would be nasty 

Werewolves are too few to pull out that kind of crazy trick. If I were one I wouldn't sacrifice a comrade just to hypothetically gain others' trust, since we would need all the numbers we can get to outnumber the town and win.

Thanks for the clarification @sailboat

If Jace is indeed the Survivalist, we'll have to lynch him twice... oh well, he could also be bluffing.

I'm with Alistair with it being just a little too farfetched since putting both your teammates on the cutting board is risky and would still leave you open to vampire attacks.. though it would sorta be cool to pull it off.. I'll keep it in mind but yea.

Speaking of vamps Jace is kinda right. They're attempting an attack tonight and today's events lost us the respective knight. Just a little more vulnerable.

[Eliminate] Jace Stormkirk sorry sorry but at least if you're the survivalist you can survive today right? You might get another day to prove yourself, but if you're a danger I think we gotta start making moves.

Loving the tension lol.

Alistair's definitely not a werewolf. There's absolutely no reason to rat out Jace at such an early phase. Alistair could be a vampire though, but I'm betting he's town for now though.

@Cataline So, you're not the survivalist? Then, how did you survive in N0?

Also, willing to bet Purple is a werewolf for that werewolf hunter claim earlier. He gave a very wrong report which contradicts with Alistair's report. Vigilante can go for him, if he's interested.

@Cataline I happened to check the thread again before night phase started... and I get such an answer. Of all the roles you could fakeclaim, you fakeclaimed mine. 

Folks, I'm the real Gambler. Odd Night Gambler at that, so I'm vulnerable to the Vampires tonight.

@Vigilante please target Cataline tonight instead of Purple. She's a Vampire and obviously has reunited with her partner.

@Cleric if you can protect me, please consider to do so. I'm a real townsman and I can help you find the remaining mafia.

@Priest please consider investigating Alistair. I'm thinking he's the partner Vampire.

As the day ends, the nameless executioner comes to the stand and readied his/her axe. S/He hit Jace Stormkirk on the neck properly... but to his/her surprise, Jace survived and managed to ran away.

[Night Two] is now commencing.

P.S.Be careful on last minute posting please.

Player Roster:

1. Magister Divergent -???

2. Jace Stormkirk -???

3. Cataline -???

4. DigitalAmber-???

5. Cool Girl-[Town Holy Knight](killed N1)

6. Paul25-???

7. Megagun-???

8. EndearingCharacterTrait-???

9. Anti_Hero-???

10. LykosHand-???

11. Greninja-???

12. Alistair-???

13. Pμrple-???

14. Alphagar- [Town Barkeeper]

[Day 3]

Lykoshand was performing a healing ritual when suddenly a [Vigilante] stabbed him at the heart with a silver knife drenched in holy water.

Lykoshand the [town cleric] is now dead.

Greninja died on his way home. Apparently he got attacked by a vampire.

Greninja the [town vigilante] is now dead.

Player Roster:

1. Magister Divergent-???

2. Jace Stormkirk-???

3. Cataline-???

4. DigitalAmber-???

5. Cool Girl- [Town Holy Knight] (killed N1)

6. Paul25-???

7. Megagun-???

8. EndearingCharacterTrait-???

9. Anti_Hero-???

10. LykosHand- [Town Cleric] (killed N2)

11. Greninja- [Town Vigilante] (killed N2)

12. Alistair-???

13. Pμrple-???

14. Alphagar- [Town Barkeeper] (Auto-eliminated Day1)

Edited by sailboat

Ok, so... Greninja was a vigilante, somehow suspected Lykos, our human cleric, of being undead scum, and killed him by mistake x.x
And Greninja was killed by a vampire just after that. So the Town lost not one but two extremely useful roles in one night. That's a very unfortunate turn of events...

Why oh why did Greninja decide to go after Lykos, I can't help but wonder... Now the Town is down to 5 people, lost Cleric protection, and all the vamps and wolves are still alive.
I would have liked to know whom Lykos tried to protect. But alas, the dead can't talk.

The Town's only chance now is to start eliminating wolves (the most numerous threat) and fast. Next night is even, meaning the Town could be potentially reduced to 3 members and the situation would become critical.
Ofc that could change depending on what is revealed today, but I think we should persist in trying to lynch our suspected wolves, and fast. If anyone has information on potential vamp identity, that would be massively helpful as well.

It's unfortunate Vigilante targeted the Cleric instead of the other more suspicious players, but this helps narrow down the suspect list.

We've got a good 50% chance of lynching a mafia member with 10 players and an even divide of mafia and town.

Fortunately, we've got something to go on. I'd say Jace really is the Werewolf Survivalist as he hasn't defended himself because of it and imo Alistair doesn't have a reason to lie about it. Purple is likely to be his partner for supporting him and claiming Jace was 'innocent'. As for the third member, I don't have any idea.

As for the Vampires, Cataline is a Vampire hands down. She claimed Even Night Gambler; unfortunately, I'm the real Gambler (Odd Night), so that places her there due to the Night Zero probably being a reuniting with her ally. I'm thinking Alistair would be her partner. They seem to be consistent with each other, and it looks like they devised the plan to expose Jace.

I'd like Priest to out now and tell us his reports to clarify things.

For now, let's finish what we started with [Eliminate] Jace Stormkirk

Ive only had time to investigate two people, one was Jace night one. The other was Alistair last night. I got arrested by the king night 1. All i know is Jace and Alistair are not vampires, the cleric dieing is literally the worst thing to happen, but oh well. Anyway, I'm suspicious of you Dive, for asking the priest to reveal himself so many times. I could be bluffing though, I very well could be the silver night, or a werewolf, choosing an odd night where i'm safe. 

Edited by DigitalAmber

@DigitalAmber I see. I had a feeling you were the priest last day phase due to your wording, so I'm willing to believe you. I have a clarification though: you investigated Jace Night 0 and got arrested Night 1?

If Alistair isn't a Vampire then... I have a feeling Anti_Hero is the partner Vampire instead. It feels kinda suspicious he isn't that proactive in this game. Mostly a gut feeling though, but I recommend him for investigation tonight if you might make it. Megagun could be a werewolf, in this case, as well, but I'm still unsure.

For now, I'm pretty sure Jace is a werewolf. Your investigation on Alistair should prove that... unless if Alistair was a werewolf and incriminated Jace on purpose, but then again, I'm willing to wager he's really town now.

so based on what happened (or should i say the sheer absurdity of it) i think greninja originally attacked someone else but that person he chose was the merchant who bribed the cleric thus that is how that happened. if i had to guess i think he attacked cataline. so with this in mind the only way for her to die is to be lynched.

@DigitalAmber Oh. My interest on having the priest reveal would be to have him state his reports before he dies without doing so.

Also, there's no reason for me to counterclaim Cataline's claim of Gambler though if I wasn't the real Gambler due to the nature of this game. Since this is alignment ambiguous, I could just state my role and be safe with it tbh.

@Jace Stormkirk I agree with your reasoning. I don't think Greninja would have targeted Lykos of all people who wasn't acting suspicious at all. I'd vote Cataline, but you are a wolf, aren't you?

@Magister Divergent well here is what really happened. i was protected by the cleric the night i was attacked. since i was the survivalist i say that is why i survived so that the cleric did not have to prove anything and maybe provoke another attack onto me cause the vamps would think my extra life was used but that plan fell through cause you started a crusade against me so i had to protected myself from vamps another way by giving them advice (it worked). thats all i got

What the hell? but but, who is going to save us? 

2 roles that would help us a lot... 

Lets recapitulate:

Jace was attacked from a vampire at full moon and survived

jace is a survivalist that survived a lynch 

this means that he is either a vampire or a werewolf

If he is a vampire

alistair lied

If he is a werewolf

purple lied

of course being a vampire doesnt make that much sense, first because why would alistair proclaim that he visited cool girl? no alistair has to know for sure this or else alistair would be a target

also i read now what digital amber said, now its confirmed that he is a werewolf

this means purple lied and is a werewolf too

alistair aparently is town... (i will always be suspicious)

about cataline, she wouldnt survive from being a werewolf, nor survivalist, and gambler doesnt make sense either (since magister is one), the king most likely in night 0 cant use ability. what jace said is also something that makes sense

I think that lykos didnt do anything to raise suspicion from anyone (this is also suspicious) but nothing to use vigilant power from.

Now about me, well I didnt want to die in night one like last game that is why i didnt talk much, but now we have 3 potencial targets in my point of view. 
And sincerely, i would have killed a good player so that i had more chances of wining this game if I were one. 

Also as digital amber said being a gambler and werewolf would be op, and only by being a gambler doesnt mean you arent a werewolf

But the roles we need to be cautious about is the executioner, he might be either a wolf or a bat.

@Jace Stormkirk it is a bit suspicious for you to claim you were protected now, i mean, the healer died and last day you didnt say anything about it

also purple (you have a strange simbol, i cant tag you) i dont know if this is the right thing to ask but what appeared when you investigated jace? i mean, that he survived or that he was a werewolf? 

@Jace Stormkirk I'm willing to believe Lykos did protect you the night before due to the circumstances, however, my inquiry is that, you are the survivalist (and this is confirmed by the phase post), but Alistair claimed Town Watch and said that you were seen visiting Cool Girl, and from what we know, Survivalist doesn't visit anyone except that if you were a werewolf, you could visit her for the kill visit. 

Your reasoning is a bit flawed. Jace isn't a vampire because he'd be dead by now if he was. He's a werewolf because he survived twice.

But also hey!! I may have been sleepy when I posted that claim, but I didn't even get a chance to defend myself! Because as much as everything points to me it's not like there's been proof. Magister could use my spotlight to his advantage after all >m<

And also. If I was a Merchant, why would I have been attacked N0? Vampire or not, it would have been redirected, because merchants don't have a night limitation and I had no reason not to use it!

@Cataline Nobody said he was a vampire though lol :P. I forgot werewolves were immune to night kills during even nights, so I'm guessing Lykos didn't actually protect Jace that night, and he's just using it as an alibi to make him seem innocent.

Also, silly me, for forgetting that you couldn't be Merchant because of redirection. Due to this, I'm guessing someone else is Merchant, a suspicious player at that, and became the target of Greninja, which unfortunately Lykos got the short end of.

And, you seem to be really pushing that you're the real Gambler, but what reason would you have to have your advantage be Even Nights when clearly protecting yourself on Odd Nights is better?

@DigitalAmber thanks for the support. I'm not a vamp folks, please get over it =p

I'd like to add that I used my Townwatch ability to follow Cataline last night. I saw her visiting Dive, who didn't die.

That could mean a bunch of things.

1. Cataline is the Priestess and investigated Dive, but Digital claimed being a Priest and his reports are believable (I 100% agree with him that I'm not a vamp =p), so I'd rule that one out.

2. Cataline is the Vampire Huntress and suspected Dive, but Dive isn't a vampire and thus nothing happened. This one is more likely because that supports Digital's assertion about Dive not being a vampire.

3. Cataline is a vampire, tried to kill Dive, but he is the Merchant and redirected her on Greninja. That would make Dive a liar, since he's not the Gambler in that case. This possibility is interesting because that would explain how Cataline survived N0, and imply she and the other vamp have known each other since the very beginning.

I don't know if there are other possibilities. I like both n°2 and 3, but number 3 has the merit of explaining how Cataline survived N0.

As far as lynching goes, my vote is still to [Eliminate] Jace Stormkirk for now.

I was healed during N1 anyways. I didn't think it was relevant and still isn't very much. But I don't think it's hard to believe after D1's results. 

I could say the same to you, this is Mafia after all! Like I said. I fyuked up the rules and roles, like I keep doing continuously... and so I actually ask sailboat for clarifications a lot haha..It's embarrassing and obviously working against me not just because of the attack but also suspicion-wise..