Poison Monotype run of Reborn (Latest Defeated Leader: Amaria)

Jess

Just now, Jess said:

Haha, thanks for the kind words!

Hope you also like the Ancient Greek mythology theme! I'm having a lot of fun with trying to find names befitting of my 'mons characteristics into the myths of my country! :) And links are fun to read I believe! I don't expect anyone to read them, but I like adding them :D 

I didn't use any healing items vs Julia, and I had couple Supers and regular Potions... I believe I would've won her even by using Bite if I had healed up! ;) 

I'm a lil cheater, what can I say :D

The nicknames are very creative and well-thought out, but quite a pain to pronounce. Although my nicknames aren't necessarily any better so I'm not really the best judge on that (except the ones on my main run like Rhaegar my Charizard and Lancelot, my Escavalier)

The videos are a nice touch as well, every time you come up with a new idea I feel like stealing it xD but I won't 'coz recording and uploading is massive work for me. Coupled with the fact that I have major OCD and want to collect EVERY ITEM ingame and catch EVERY Pokemon and I'd never record all that.

Not really cheating and I am really impressed with how you handled Julia, much better than I did on my Grass-run, despite having type resistance.

Anyways just went through your second video as well and you're doing very well with yourself. This should be a breeze of a run for you :D

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

The nicknames are very creative and well-thought out, but quite a pain to pronounce. Although my nicknames aren't necessarily any better so I'm not really the best judge on that (except the ones on my main run like Rhaegar my Charizard and Lancelot, my Escavalier)

The videos are a nice touch as well, every time you come up with a new idea I feel like stealing it xD but I won't 'coz recording and uploading is massive work for me. Coupled with the fact that I have major OCD and want to collect EVERY ITEM ingame and catch EVERY Pokemon and I'd never record all that.

Not really cheating and I am really impressed with how you handled Julia, much better than I did on my Grass-run, despite having type resistance.

Anyways just went through your second video as well and you're doing very well with yourself. This should be a breeze of a run for you :D

Oh, yes, I know, pronouncing names from a language that only about 15 million people speak worldwide (and is arguably one of the most difficult languages to exist) is quite a pain and I understand it! However, wikipedia also has the pronounciations! ;) 

Videos aren't too difficult to record, the program I used only costed like 20 euros and license lasts indefinitely, so it is quite cheap (and also very easy to handle!).

I always try to defeat the Leaders without using healing items, because I feel that abusing them to win replaces the necessary skill to get a worthy victory.

And yes, Florinia turned out to be very easy, as expected since I had a huge type advantage! (apart from Ferroseed, but Screech took care of that!)

Quick question for everyone that sees it! Should I post the embarrassing moments in my run as well? Cause I just had a few really, and I mean REALLY bad losses... (Won on second try, but Jesus Christ...)

Edited by Jess

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

Quick question for everyone that sees it! Should I post the embarrassing moments in my run as well? Cause I just had a few really, and I mean REALLY bad losses... (Won on second try, but Jesus Christ...)

Oh hell yes

8 minutes ago, Jess said:

Yeah it will be fun :P 

6 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Oh hell yes

Just now, LykosHand said:

Yeah it will be fun :P 

*Sigh*

So be it then... Will be included in the next couple chapters during weekend... lol

There goes my reputation for being a good battler.

33 minutes ago, Jess said:

If I were you, I wouldn't have done that :P 

2 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

If I were you, I wouldn't have done that :P 

Hahaha, I recorded my destruction moments anyways, and I thought of editing them out, but they are hilarious! 

Well, watching them is, the first time I was slightly tilted. I admit. RNG fucked me up, ridiculous damage came out of nowhere and destruction followed. By opponents I'd never expect to lose!

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Hahaha, I recorded my destruction moments anyways, and I thought of editing them out, but they are hilarious! 

Well, watching them is, the first time I was slightly tilted. I admit. RNG fucked me up, ridiculous damage came out of nowhere and destruction followed. By opponents I'd never expect to lose!

Your comment reminds me of Barcelona's defeat against Malaga :D 

CHAPTER 4: Revelations and Poison clashes!

In this chapter we go into Jasper and Beryl Wards and tackle the consistent problem of malignant flora growth! In this spectacular voyage, we encounter cracked roads, Forests, yet more PULSE Tangrowths and we also meet Taka, another Meteor Admin (who is quite lovely and friendly!). But, before that, we have some new acquired team members! And some that evolved from earlier!

After quite a lot of breeding and walking around, we got this little beauty!

Spoiler

stunky.gif

Hemera, the Stunky (Female)

Shiny: No

Hasty/Aftermath

• Focus Energy
  • Double-Edge
  • Flame Burst
  • Play Rough

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemera (Hemera is sister to Achlys, my shiny Stunky. "Hemera" means "day" in Greek, which is suitable, because she knows a Fairy and a Fire move and zero Poison/Dark moves! They also have a fierce rivalry,which makes the naming even more suitable!)

And after A LOT of gambling in Voltorb flip, we also got a male Nidoran, who soon evolved into this little buddy!

Spoiler

nidorino.gif

Colcheum, the Nidorino (Male)

Hustle/Brave

• Double Kick
  • Focus Energy
  • Cut
  • Horn Attack

Name Origin: http://www.theoi.com/Ther/DrakonKholkikos.html (Long story short, named after the dragon who guarded the Golden Fleece)

Also, after some exploring in the Obsidian back alleys, Venam caught this beauty!

Spoiler

koffing.gif

Nemesis, the Koffing (Female)

Shiny: Yes

Mild/Levitate

• Assurance
  • Sludge
  • Smoke Screen
  • Self Destruct

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(mythology) (Also long story short, the Goddess of divine retribution to the arrogance of mortals (when they were foolish enough to deny the superiority of Gods. This beauty will slay many "Gods".)

In this video, we defeat Taka in the Malchous Forest and deactivate the second PULSE Tangrowth! Together with the three beauties that are already mentioned, we also used:

Spoiler

trubbish.gif

Typhon, the Trubbish (Male)

Jolly/Aftermath

• Acid Spray
  • Stockpile
  • Sludge
  • Toxic Spikes

dustox.gif

Erinys, the Dustox (Female)

Docile/Shield Dust

• Psybeam
  • Venoshock
  • Silver Wind
  • Moonlight

arbok.gif

Cerastes, the Arbok (Female)

Docile/Intimidate

• Crunch
  • Glare
  • Wrap
  • Sucker Punch

weepinbell.gif

Dryad, the Weepinbell (Female) [YES, BELLSPROUT EVOLVED]

Lonely/Gluttony

• Vine Whip
  • Growth
  • Stun Spore
  • Acid

So, without further ado... Let's hop into action!

VS TAKA (2nd PULSE Tangrowth)

Spoiler

After all this is over, we can access Beryl Ward, where we enter Rhodocrine Jungle (we find all the lost Police Officers), we face the mixed Double power of ZEL and Taka,

Spoiler

WHICH WASN'T AS EASY A BATTLE AS I THOUGHT

and then a secret "Meteorite" (I'll call all Meteor agents this way from now on, I don't care what you say :P) proves to be Corey, the Poison Gym Leader, as the Police reveals in front of his daughter, Heather. Let's hop right into it, shall we? :D 

VS TAKA/ZEL

Spoiler

Police runs behind him, as he flees to his Gym (obvious trap is obvious, but Police is useless) and Heather fled sadly, disappointed by her dad. So, we gotta go and face him, save the dumbasses from Poison Gas that hypnotised them, and win our third badge! What. No?

I also bring in another sweety to help me!

Spoiler

grimer.gif

Medea, the Grimer (Female)

Timid/Sticky Hold

• Mud Bomb
  • Sludge
  • Minimize
  • Mud Slap

VS COREY

So, the team I used as Venam to face Corey is:

Spoiler

grimer.gif

dustox.gif

stunky.gif

koffing.gif

trubbish.gif

arbok.gif

I actually battled Corey twice, because the result of the first one was based on luck due to my misplays. I won, fair and square, but wasn't happy with this. RNG helped me, and I didn't want this. So, I retried. And won with full skill! The first video below is the lucky win and the second the actually worthy victory!

Pure luck (I'm too bad!):

Spoiler

Pure Skill (I'm too cocky/good!):

Spoiler

As you probably see, I am quite vicious with the strategy of those two! Victory at any cost is my motto for this run! 

This was also demonstrated in the first battle vs Taka. If you haven't watched the video, too bad! Watch it, and you will understand! ;) 

Sadly, Corey commits suicide, finding no meaning in life anymore. We have now the task to take care of his daughter, Heather. We also cope with Fern's idiocy. And gotta check the Grand Staircase's explosion as well!

Nice stuff.

Which will be covered on the next chapter of this pooooiiisonous run! (I'm keeping this xD @Orasha)

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Edited by Jess

39 minutes ago, Jess said:

CHAPTER 4: Revelations and Poison clashes!

In this chapter we go into Jasper and Beryl Wards and tackle the consistent problem of malignant flora growth! In this spectacular voyage, we encounter cracked roads, Forests, yet more PULSE Tangrowths and we also meet Taka, another Meteor Admin (who is quite lovely and friendly!). But, before that, we have some new acquired team members! And some that evolved from earlier!

After quite a lot of breeding and walking around, we got this little beauty!

Hide contents

stunky.gif

Hasty/Aftermath

• Focus Energy
  • Double-Edge
  • Flame Burst
  • Play Rough

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemera (Hemera is sister to Achlys, my shiny Stunky. "Hemera" means "day" in Greek, which is suitable, because she knows a Fairy and a Fire move and zero Poison/Dark moves! They also have a fierce rivalry,which makes the naming even more suitable!)

And after A LOT of gambling in Voltorb flip, we also got a male Nidoran, who soon evolved into this little buddy!

Reveal hidden contents

nidorino.gif

Colcheum, the Nidorino (Male)

Hustle/Brave

• Double Kick
  • Focus Energy
  • Cut
  • Horn Attack

Name Origin: http://www.theoi.com/Ther/DrakonKholkikos.html (Long story short, named after the dragon who guarded the Golden Fleece)

Also, after some exploring in the Obsidian back alleys, Venam caught this beauty!

Hide contents

koffing.gif

Mild/Levitate

• Assurance
  • Sludge
  • Smoke Screen
  • Self Destruct

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(mythology) (Also long story short, the Goddess of divine retribution to the arrogance of mortals (when they were foolish enough to deny the superiority of Gods. This beauty will slay many "Gods".)

In this video, we defeat Taka in the Malchous Forest and deactivate the second PULSE Tangrowth! Together with the three beauties that are already mentioned, we also used:

Hide contents

trubbish.gif

Jolly/Aftermath

• Acid Spray
  • Stockpile
  • Sludge
  • Toxic Spikes

dustox.gif

Docile/Shield Dust

• Psybeam
  • Venoshock
  • Silver Wind
  • Moonlight

arbok.gif

Docile/Intimidate

• Crunch
  • Glare
  • Wrap
  • Sucker Punch

weepinbell.gif

Dryad, the Weepinbell (Female) [YES, BELLSPROUT EVOLVED]

Lonely/Gluttony

• Vine Whip
  • Growth
  • Stun Spore
  • Acid

So, without further ado... Let's hop into action!

VS TAKA (2nd PULSE Tangrowth)

Hide contents

After all this is over, we can access Beryl Ward, where we enter Rhodocrine Jungle (we find all the lost Police Officers), we face the mixed Double power of ZEL and Taka,

Hide contents

WHICH WASN'T AS EASY A BATTLE AS I THOUGHT

and then a secret "Meteorite" (I'll call all Meteor agents this way from now on, I don't care what you say :P) proves to be Corey, the Poison Gym Leader, as the Police reveals in front of his daughter, Heather. Let's hop right into it, shall we? :D 

VS TAKA/ZEL

Hide contents

Police runs behind him, as he flees to his Gym (obvious trap is obvious, but Police is useless) and Heather fled sadly, disappointed by her dad. So, we gotta go and face him, save the dumbasses from Poison Gas that hypnotised them, and win our third badge! What. No?

I also bring in another sweety to help me!

Hide contents

grimer.gif

Timid/Sticky Hold

• Mud Bomb
  • Sludge
  • Minimize
  • Mud Slap

VS COREY

So, the team I used as Venam to face Corey is:

Hide contents

grimer.gif

dustox.gif

stunky.gif

koffing.gif

trubbish.gif

arbok.gif

I actually battled Corey twice, because the result of the first one was based on luck due to my misplays. I won, fair and square, but wasn't happy with this. RNG helped me, and I didn't want this. So, I retried. And won with full skill! The first video below is the lucky win and the second the actually worthy victory!

Pure luck (I'm too bad!):

Hide contents

Pure Skill (I'm too cocky/good!):

Hide contents

As you probably see, I am quite vicious with the strategy of those two! Victory at any cost is my motto for this run! 

This was also demonstrated in the first battle vs Taka. If you haven't watched the video, too bad! Watch it, and you will understand! ;) 

Sadly, Corey commits suicide, finding no meaning anymore. We have now the task to take care of her daughter, Heather. We also cope with Fern' idiocy. And gotta check the Grand Staircase's explosion as well!

Nice stuff.

Which will be covered on the next chapter of this pooooiiisonous run! (I'm keeping this xD @Orasha)

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Nice job on this Jess! :D It sucks that Arbok wasn't male though. You could have bred it with a female Stunky and bred it with Crunch. I always do that if I decide to uses Stunky. Haha. But I like the moves it has now. ^_^

49 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

You are really good with those skills. And I have already told this many times :D 

Pretty wow!! you got a shiny grimer. Congrats!! 

Haha, the shiny Grimer was traded in from another save of mine ;) 

The shiny Koffing though, is completely legit! Thanks for the kind words too!

Also, you saw the first one of the 3 times I got destroyed and recorded it. The other two will follow in the next days!

27 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Nice job on this Jess! :D It sucks that Arbok wasn't male though. You could have bred it with a female Stunky and bred it with Crunch. I always do that if I decide to uses Stunky. Haha. But I like the moves it has now. ^_^

Thank you! I like the Female power that I have in my team! Especially when they explode ;) or make stuff erupt! (no sexual innuendos were made here)

I'd rather have Night Slash on Stunky, cause I'm keeping Focus Energy and critical chance will be about 100%. :) 

Yaaay, update! I'm impressed with your dedication to skill. If I were you, I'd have said goodbye after the first win vs. Corey and just walked off happily :D  

Also, nasty plot Crobat is OP af

46 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Yaaay, update! I'm impressed with your dedication to skill. If I were you, I'd have said goodbye after the first win vs. Corey and just walked off happily :D  

Also, nasty plot Crobat is OP af

That Crobat is the devil! And it is also SOOOO tanky! I tried to take it out with performing Julia's methods on it, but was impossible. So, I sent Nemesis to boom its face! :D 

Also, I'm glad to see you excited every time I update it! And happy to enjoy the videos :) 

2 hours ago, LykosHand said:

Well, i'm really impressed with seeing your skills, and if i have to be honest i'm trying to copy them ahah xD. Anyway you're doing a great job, like always :D 

Don't copy from me, or I'll tell the teacher! :D Seriously though, thank you for the kind words and the support! And I will keep doing my best to entertain myself and my friends too :);) 

13 minutes ago, Jess said:

Don't copy from me, or I'll tell the teacher! :D Seriously though, thank you for the kind words and the support! And I will keep doing my best to entertain myself and my friends too :);) 

Ahah xD. No problem these words are pure truth :), very well i like this words :D

Nicely done! A couple of statements though:

• I didn't understand the Stunky vs. Skuntank battle, in both the videos. I may have been overlooking something very crucial, but care to explain?
  • I didn't really see much of a difference between the proclaimed "noob" and "expert" battles - you seemed pretty good in both, the only exception being the amount of Pokemon you had left when the Crobat came up
  • It amazes me how much the game goes against you when you need it the most (I'm still not convinced that Ame hasn't tampered with the RNG), 3 minimizes and mud bombs and the bubbles still hit consecutively 3 times in a row. Also, failing to achieve an all-stat boost EVER during gym battles. I always get them during wild encounters AFTER the battle is over, many times. If so, I understand that its meant to enhance the difficulty of the game, but at some points it really borders on unfair. /endrant

1 hour ago, RedAlert said:

• I didn't understand the Stunky vs. Skuntank battle, in both the videos. I may have been overlooking something very crucial, but care to explain?
  • I didn't really see much of a difference between the proclaimed "noob" and "expert" battles - you seemed pretty good in both, the only exception being the amount of Pokemon you had left when the Crobat came up
  • It amazes me how much the game goes against you when you need it the most (I'm still not convinced that Ame hasn't tampered with the RNG), 3 minimizes and mud bombs and the bubbles still hit consecutively 3 times in a row. Also, failing to achieve an all-stat boost EVER during gym battles. I always get them during wild encounters AFTER the battle is over, many times. If so, I understand that its meant to enhance the difficulty of the game, but at some points it really borders on unfair. /endrant

I haven't been here for long, but I do know this. Reborn lives and breathes the unfair.

4 hours ago, RedAlert said:

• If you use Flame Burst in Corrosive Mist Field, then the Mist explodes (similarly to how Flame Burst sets Grassy Terrain on fire), KO'ing all pokemon that are on field. I knew Skuntank would be a pain, so I traded Stunky for Skuntank. What happens is that Stunky first tanks Incinerate/Acid Spray (1st and 2nd video respectively), and then loses all its remaining HP to the Mist explosion caused by the Flame Burst. And so does Skuntank too.
  • In "noob" fight I needed 2 parahax turns versus Crobat, because I wasted turns (and team members) trying to outspeed it without Glare, like an idiot. So, in my eyes, this was a huge misplay.
  • Well, it is just luck. Minimize works wonders sometimes, but does nothing others. +6 in Evasion (3 Minimizes) means that attacks of the enemy have their accuracy multiplied by 33% (1/3). So, Bubble practically becomes Fissure xD. It is unlikely to hit, but 1/3 will hit. That's why evasiveness is removed from competitive battling, because it adds luck to a great degree. Also, the all-stat boost has a chance of 10% happening. So, 1/10 Silver Winds averagely will give you a boost. PP is 5. So, 0.5/5 will give you a boost. Chances are in favour of it NOT happening, but sometimes it does. (well, it happened yesterday in one of my next Gym battles weirdly! Stay tuned to find out... ;)On a different note, I was trying so hard to get a fucking +1 in all stats with Silver Wind in both battles vs Corey and got 0/9 tries. I guess the 1 would be the tenth. Or not. Cause statistics is fair xD

3 hours ago, Revan said:

I haven't been here for long, but I do know this. Reborn lives and breathes the unfair.

*nods* That's what we are hooked into though...

Edited by Jess

5 hours ago, Jess said:

Well, it is just luck. Minimize works wonders sometimes, but does nothing others. +6 in Evasion (3 Minimizes) means that attacks of the enemy have their accuracy multiplied by 33% (1/3). So, Bubble practically becomes Fissure xD. It is unlikely to hit, but 1/3 will hit. That's why evasiveness is removed from competitive battling, because it adds luck to a great degree. Also, the all-stat boost has a chance of 10% happening. So, 1/10 Silver Winds averagely will give you a boost. PP is 5. So, 0.5/5 will give you a boost. Chances are in favour of it NOT happening, but sometimes it does. (well, it happened yesterday in one of my next Gym battles weirdly! Stay tuned to find out... ;)On a different note, I was trying so hard to get a fucking +1 in all stats with Silver Wind in both battles vs Corey and got 0/9 tries. I guess the 1 would be the tenth. Or not. Cause statistics is fair xD

Unlikely but what are the odds? Really low xD

And it happens way too often. I've also had the enemy gym leader getting four critical hits in a row, which has a (6.25/100)^4 chance to happen, which is around 0.00001525878, if I'm not wrong. I do feel that the critical hits are boosted quite a bit in this game, and I'm not sure if the buffs are only for gym leader and boss-specific events.

Ooh, nice. If you're talking about Shelly, pretty cool. I'm not having an easy time with her myself :P