Poison Monotype run of Reborn (Latest Defeated Leader: Amaria)

Jess

Just now, LykosHand said:

Well this is a good thing :), instead i don't remember any words of french xD

Nor would I, if my mom hadn't insisted that I keep my French notebook. I read it when I'm hella bored.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Revan said:

Nor would I, if my mom hadn't insisted that I keep my French notebook. I read it when I'm hella bored.

Ah okay i see. Well if I can say this, your mom did right to keep your french notebook ;) 

Edited by LykosHand

14 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

I fall asleep and what do I miss? This... Good luck!

1 minute ago, rayyan said:

Good luck on your Greek poison 

Thanks a lot Zell and Rayyan! ;) 

Ooh, another pooiiiisonous run! I bequeath to you an ancient meme from an ancient game series: 

This should be real fun, especially since you're doing videos! Poison is pretty awesome, and imo should be less difficult than the bug run :P 

(also, I must be a huge nerd cause I knew all the mythology references except 1 :D)  

CHAPTER 2: Poison in its natural habitat

Between the introduction chapter and this one, some things happened! First of all, we roamed around the City, fought Street Rats, Doxies, weird scientists and gained some levels! Also, the team got reinforced with a couple captures! More specifically, we also got a Wurmple (can't help it, the love for Bugs still holds) that evolved soon into a lovely Dustox, and a small Budew with great stats (31 in HP, Attack, Sp. Attack and Sp. Defence), but with 2 in Speed and a Jolly Nature. Bittersweet feelings!

Our new squad members!

Spoiler

dustox.gif

Erinys, the Dustox (Female)

Shiny: No

Docile/Shield Dust

• Tackle
  • Gust
  • Poison Sting
  • Harden

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erinyes

budew.gif

Anemone, the Budew (Female)

Jolly/Leaf Guard

• Absorb
  • Growth
  • Water Sport

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adonis#Myths

So, with our spirits heightened after some dives in the refreshing poisonous waters of Shitbrown Azurine Lake, and some equally refreshing inhalations of the delightful smog that surrounds the City of Reborn, we were all ready to advance with the plot. By battling Fern, and subsequently raiding the Mosswater Factory tgether with Julia, Florinia and (of course) Fern!

However, our Budew is going to get boxed for a short while, mostly because I don't have the Soothe Bell to evolve it fast yet (and it is a bit weak and down on levels as it is), and secondly because I don't want to see two Budew on my screen during the unavoidable teaming up with Fern. So, the team I decided to use for the next video is consisted of:

Spoiler

trubbish.gif

Typhon, the Trubbish (Male)

grimer.gif

Medea, the Grimer (Female)

ekans.gif

Cerastes, the Ekans (Female)

stunky.gif

Achlys, the Stunky (Female)

dustox.gif

bulbasaur.gif

Narcissus, the Bulbasaur (Male)

Movesets aren't mentioned, mostly because in the videos we gain a lot (and I mean A LOT) of levels, so the movesets heavily change!

So, without further ado...

VS FERN (BONUS: MOSSWATER FACTORY RAID-ASTER & ECLIPSE)

Spoiler

This turned out to be surprisingly easy, even with the annoying Arons, Solrock, Lunatone, Magby and Elekid that certain Meteors had. The battle vs Fern doesn't even count. Poison vs Grass. Second run in a row in which I have type advantage over Fern and I begin to see a pattern here. Guess I'll pick Fire or Flying after this one!

So, after this was over, it was time to challenge Julia, for our first badge (the Volt Badge)!

VS JULIA (VOLT BADGE)

The team I used vs Julia was the same one I used in the previous video, with only changes happening in the movesets, due to heavy levelling-up! I guess having traded-in most of my Pokemon DOES help with grinding after all! So, without stalling any more, let's hop right in to the video coverage! Cue the Champions League anthem please... Lights... Cameras... ACTION!

Spoiler

Close fight there! Always Julia gives me hell, but win on the first try anyways, so I'll take that! As we leave the Gym, Victoria tells us about the crazy flora incident in Obsidia, so I guess we'll head East next time!

So, till the next chapter... Enjoy everyone! :);) 

PS: My narration in this run will be much lighter, mostly because I don't think it's of any use re-narrating the plot, since I've done that elaborately in my first run. And secondly, because since the videos cover the fights, I don't think it is necessary to do the written description of them as well! But if you miss them, let me know and I'll do the battle descriptions! :D 

Edited by Jess

Yaaaay, update! You know, I think I saw this video pop up on my youtube, somewhere in the 'recommended list'. Of course, I didn't watch it then, but I knew an update was coming :) 

Also, once you hit the Byxbision whatever Wasteland, find yourself a Skorupi with Sniper. Drapion with focus energy and sniper is god, honestly. I think he'll do great against Radomus

50 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Yaaaay, update! You know, I think I saw this video pop up on my youtube, somewhere in the 'recommended list'. Of course, I didn't watch it then, but I knew an update was coming :) 

Also, once you hit the Byxbision whatever Wasteland, find yourself a Skorupi with Sniper. Drapion with focus energy and sniper is god, honestly. I think he'll do great against Radomus

Haha, I should've made the video private till the moment of the run update! You detectives will find everything before my updates if I don't! :P Maybe I'll just give an Ability Capsule to Myrmidon ;) 

41 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Great!! A successful start of the journey. CHEERS!! FIREWORKS!! :D 

Haha, yes! I've already defeated Florinia as well, but been a bit busy with breeding for specific moves lately... I'll update it again tomorrow probably, got about 4 more videos, but can't upload them fast because my internet only has 0.75 MBps upload....

3 minutes ago, Jess said:

Haha, yes! I've already defeated Florinia as well, but been a bit busy with breeding for specific moves lately... I'll update it again tomorrow probably, got about 4 more videos, but can't upload them fast because my internet only has 0.75 MBps upload....

No need to hurry. Keep it slow and classy ;) 

12 hours ago, Orasha said:

Ooh, another pooiiiisonous run! I bequeath to you an ancient meme from an ancient game series: 

This should be real fun, especially since you're doing videos! Poison is pretty awesome, and imo should be less difficult than the bug run :P 

(also, I must be a huge nerd cause I knew all the mythology references except 1 :D)  

Haha, this could honestly become the title of the run! A poooiiiiisonous run!

Yes, I love Poison types and they are really abundant in Reborn, so it will be fun! As I stated in my second update, Poison's natural habitat! Also, Julia was indeed easier with Poison types than with Bug types! Florinia was equally easy, due to type advantage!

I wonder which reference you didn't know... Achlys would be my bet!

4 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

No need to hurry. Keep it slow and classy ;) 

I will, no worries! Just stay tuned and have fun! ;) 

6 minutes ago, Jess said:

Haha, this could honestly become the title of the run! A poooiiiiisonous run!

Yes, I love Poison types and they are really abundant in Reborn, so it will be fun! As I stated in my second update, Poison's natural habitat! Also, Julia was indeed easier with Poison types than with Bug types! Florinia was equally easy, due to type advantage!

I wonder which reference you didn't know... Achlys would be my bet!

I will, no worries! Just stay tuned and have fun! ;) 

I had never heard of Cerastes :D When I did a dark run I named stuff after night deities so I named one of my mons that too! Though I might have also heard of Achlys if she was mentioned in one of the Greek plays I read. I don't really remember. Excellent work so far, keep it up! 

Oh wait, I didn't even realise you already had a Skorupi, my bad.

But night slash, cross poison, focus energy combined with Sniper and preferably that item that ups the critical hit ratio does bits!

2 hours ago, Orasha said:

I had never heard of Cerastes :D When I did a dark run I named stuff after night deities so I named one of my mons that too! Though I might have also heard of Achlys if she was mentioned in one of the Greek plays I read. I don't really remember. Excellent work so far, keep it up! 

Ohhh, I see! Thanks a lot! :D 

35 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Oh wait, I didn't even realise you already had a Skorupi, my bad.

But night slash, cross poison, focus energy combined with Sniper and preferably that item that ups the critical hit ratio does bits!

Yes, I might do this, seems like a great moveset! And yes, combined with Scope Lens it will give almost certainly only critical hits, which will hurt A LOT with Sniper. Thanks for the tip! ;) 

Edit: Just checked and Drapion can't learn Focus Energy though... :( 

Edited by Jess

37 minutes ago, Jess said:

Ohhh, I see! Thanks a lot! :D 

Yes, I might do this, seems like a great moveset! And yes, combined with Scope Lens it will give almost certainly only critical hits, which will hurt A LOT with Sniper. Thanks for the tip! ;) 

Edit: Just checked and Drapion can't learn Focus Energy though... :( 

Yeah, I accidentally mixed that part up with Kingdra, sorry about that. But the rest still counts! silly me

29 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Oh yeah a good start, very well Jess :). Do you have a youtube channel if i have understand well?

Thank you :) 

Yes, I do, but it has pretty much nothing, only the 6 videos from my Bug Mono and the 2 Poison Mono videos that I posted today.

42 minutes ago, DemICE said:

I see the start is good!.  though ..   cheeeeeaaaateeeerrrrrrrr  running sucker punch on ekans! and it did so much damage!

Ah, I can explain about the Ekans... In one of my previous runs, I decided to breed Sucker Punch on an Ekans to help me deal with stuff... So, I did. But right after that, I encountered a shiny Ekans in the wild. Yes, this beautiful, elusive thing that is more rare than dinosaurs in 2017.

So, my poor Sucker Punching Ekans got boxed for good.

I felt bad and decided to use it. But it was just Level 5, so it only knew Leer, Wrap, Poison Sting and Sucker Punch. I'd not level it up to gain Bite and replace Sucker Punch and then level it down again, just to be "not cheating"... Plus, Julia has a level 15 Electrode, how is that not cheating? :P 

It did a lot of damage because: 1) It has 80 BP, 2) My Ekans has 29 Attack IV, and 3) Julia's Pokemon aren't exactly what you'd call "defensive beasts".

Also:

1) vs Julia's 1st Voltorb, Bite would've still gotten it down to Potion zone. Then another Bite would've still killed with Poison (maybe after 1 more turn, so I'd have to use 1 Potion myself).

2) Sucker Punch killed Emolga cause it got Screeched before by Stunky. Bite would've done the same, Ekans would've tanked Acrobatics after Intimidating Emolga down relatively easily.

3) Just one more Potion/Super Potion would have to be used to kill Electrode with Bite. Dustox could've taken a hit for that. Then Bite+Poison and GG.

I would've won it even w/o Sucker Punch ;) 

Anyways, it is the only Egg move I've been running (together with Giga Drain Venonat which I haven't even used yet) and I really proved that the battle was winnable anyways with a couple Potions/Super Potions and Bites instead of Sucker Punches.

Others ask for mons with perfect IVs and stuff like Hyper Beam off the bat for their runs, I don't think I cheated too much! xD

Edited by Jess

CHAPTER 3: Through Grass and... Desert?!

So, with Volt Badge in the bag (or Badge case), we decided to explore the City a bit more! After roaming around a bit, we helped a Hiker find a home in Lower Peridot Ward and got ourselves an Onix! It will come in handy for breeding Curse on a Bulbasaur later, and have a Physical one as well! However, I was in for a great surprise, after some casual battling with trainers above the Grand Hall!

Spoiler

This surprise was that we had a glorious moment, since Narcissus evolved into Ivysaur!

ivysaur.gif

Narcissus, the Ivysaur (Male)

Then, we headed East, Florinia allowed us to enter Obsidia Ward, so we entered happily and went straight away to the Daycare. Fought the Jessie and James wannabes (as if they'd EVER be as great as Jessie and James!), and headed south... Proved our strength to Victoria in order to access the Slums and then just casually strolled among Pidoves, Mankeys, Panchams, Street Rats and wandering boxes... It was pretty much uneventful, so...

VS VICTORIA

Spoiler

After clearing the Slums and defeating a Scrafty-led gang, we  got to Coral Ward, helped Cain save and ultimately catch an Oshawott, met Amaria, defeated Cain in the battle of Poison vs Twisted Poison Monoruns, went back to Obsidia and helped Amaria and Florinia take care of a PULSE Tangrowth, controlled by ZEL and finally released the genuine Daycare Couple! *huff* *puff* So many things to say with just one breath. Especially a deep breath of the Smog-contaminated Reborn City air!

VS CAIN [BONUS: VS ZEL]

Spoiler

Seeing our assistance and intigued by our strength (not TMX Strength, we won't get this THAT easily, cause game hates us and Cain wants us to run behind him like his pet first), Florinia invites us to battle her at Onyx Trainers School for a Gym Battle! But Fern is an a$$hole and raises obstacles to us, before allowing us to fight his sister. Maybe he is jealous that I fancy his sister more than him, who knows... Anyways, we storm through the weaklings of the School, another pleasant surprise arrives to fuck up Fern even harder for our incoming battle, since

Spoiler

Cerastes evolves into Arbok

arbok.gif

Cerastes, the Arbok (Female)

and finally, we defeat Fern quite easily, on our way to getting the second Gym Badge!

VS FERN

Spoiler

Finally, after Fern takes his "L" and leaves, determined to also begin the Gym League challenge (how can replacement Gym Leaders like Cain and Fern take on the League is something I honestly don't understand), we take on Florinia! Her sexy "robotic" talk disorients me, so I lose the first fight (I even tried to Venoshock a fucking Ferroseed, Florinia's charm is too strong), but in the second try, victory is quite easy!

VS FLORINIA

The squad used in the battle vs Florinia was:

Spoiler

trubbish.gif

Typhon, the Trubbish (Male)

Shiny: Yes

Jolly/Aftermath

• Acid Spray
  • Poison Gas
  • Sludge
  • Toxic Spikes

ivysaur.gif

Narcissus, the Ivysaur (Male)

Hardy/Chlorophyll

• Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed
  • Take Down
  • Razor Leaf

grimer.gif

Medea, the Grimer (Female)

Timid/Sticky Hold

• Mud Bomb
  • Sludge
  • Minimize
  • Mud Slap

arbok.gif

Cerastes, the Arbok (Female)

Docile/Intimidate

• Crunch
  • Glare
  • Wrap
  • Sucker Punch

dustox.gif

Docile/Shield Dust

• Psybeam
  • Gust
  • Venoshock
  • Moonlight

stunky.gif

Achlys, the Stunky (Female)

Adamant/Aftermath

• Slash
  • Focus Energy
  • Poison Gas
  • Screech

And, without further ado... The big battle!

Spoiler

This fight grants us the second badge (Canopy Bade), which raises Level cap to 35 (!) and also, the TM for Nature Power, which replaces Take Down in Narcissus' moveset straight away! I sigh, as Florinia instructs us to go help at Beryl and Jasper wards with their malignant flora issues... More trouble is coming straight towards my face...

But this will have to wait, since I've got plenty new 'mons I can catch in the unlocked areas, and some quite heavy grinding/breeding to do in preparation for the tough battles that lay ahead!

But all that, in the next installment of this freaking poooooiiiiisonous run! @Orasha;):D 

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Edited by Jess