Reborn Hardcore Party System Guide

Dreamy

A lead for a hidden mon for Cal should probably be the girl in Apophyll that tells he's hot. Also, all the guys that mention certain leaders (Florinia and Julia) at Onyx School may give them hidden mons as well. I'm still a bit far of that so I'll probably work on Cain's and Shelly's.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made a rather big discovery

Aya's bonus Pokémon:

Spoiler

If you started Corey's Mon sidequests and DIDN'T GET A SINGLE ONE, while you're playing as Aya go to the battlefield on his gym. You'll find them all there, talk to "Corey" and they all will join her team.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Damsel said:

Made a rather big discovery

Aya's bonus Pokémon:

Reveal hidden contents

If you started Corey's Mon sidequests and DIDN'T GET A SINGLE ONE, while you're playing as Aya go to the battlefield on his gym. You'll find them all there, talk to "Corey" and they all will join her team.

OOH that's very juicy. I guess that ticks off the " Completing a sidequest only part way through will result in a certain party member getting mons " from Commanders original post!

I can add the ones I've found as myself into the original post (so obviously I'm not able to get these for Aya myself) but could you please fill in the blanks for me?

59 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

OOH that's very juicy. I guess that ticks off the " Completing a sidequest only part way through will result in a certain party member getting mons " from Commanders original post!

I can add the ones I've found as myself into the original post (so obviously I'm not able to get these for Aya myself) but could you please fill in the blanks for me?

Sure thing. Here's a screencap:

Spoiler

DbK3hNK.png

As for the mons themselves:

Spoiler

It's actually exactly the same as Corey's mons you can find wondering around. That would be:

Crobat (Lvl 32)

Quilfish (Lvl 32)

Swalot (Lvl 30)

Nidoqueen (Lvl 31)

Scolipede (Lvl 30)

Skuntank (Lvl 68)

Garbodor (Lvl 30)

Beedrill (Lvl 30)

Haunter (Lvl 45)

Vileplume (Lvl 30)

I'm actually impressed someone figured out one of the bigger secrets that I actually didn't think anyone would find out about. That's one of the few I didn't expect anyone to find or discover. Anyways, I'm going to correct one simple thing on it since well...it's nothing major, but a small requirement:

One of the requirements to activate this event is to defeat Fake Corey. The other requirement is to not pick up any of Corey's mons bar Croagunk who is excluded. Once you do this event, all of the mon's Corey owned, excluding Croagunk, will disappear from the overworld.

I think Aya's other hidden mon is the hardest to find, but uhh...nothing is as hard to figure out beyond that. Just requires a bit of thinking.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Commander said:

I'm actually impressed someone figured out one of the bigger secrets that I actually didn't think anyone would find out about. That's one of the few I didn't expect anyone to find or discover. Anyways, I'm going to correct one simple thing on it since well...it's nothing major, but a small requirement:

Reveal hidden contents

One of the requirements to activate this event is to defeat Fake Corey. The other requirement is to not pick up any of Corey's mons bar Croagunk who is excluded. Once you do this event, all of the mon's Corey owned, excluding Croagunk, will disappear from the overworld.

I think Aya's other hidden mon is the hardest to find, but uhh...nothing is as hard to figure out beyond that. Just requires a bit of thinking.

@Damsel Great job on finding something so hidden then, and thanks @Commander for the correction.

In other news, I've found one of Cains hidden mons, so that's added to the guide. However, because I don't know if it's the missable one, I'll probably try find both before the Agate Checkpoint.

Speaking of the checkpoint, I should finally be able to go through soon because after a couple months of putting it off, I finally did the GODDAMN ADVENTURINE WOODS PUZZLE WHY IS THAT PLACE SO FRUSTRATING. gotta get that sweet sweet sticker for the EV resetting berries though for if something stumps me and I need to properly EV my team to try get past. (Also joltik is nice for my team, and I grabbed solosis and beldum too incase I want to train them)

Dang, you guys really, really filled up the list. Aya's event with Corey and Shelly's Kricketot (obtained by rejecting the Kricketot from the lady) are the two special events so no need to worry about those. I know Aya's second hidden mon is going to change, but I do want to confirm two errors in the system:

-Fern is missing his Rhyperior post the Maison fight

-Victoria is missing Mienshao and Togekiss (supposed to be recieved once you escape Devon Corp)

I'll eventually upload a map patch with an event to add these Pokemon in (likely I'll use OG Commander in HCHQ) to fix this little error.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, espeon860 said:

okay good news cal pokemon in the academy is flareon bad news it was bugged pretty badly like cal could not recieve it but it meant to be cal mon so i switch to aya and recieve the flareon so yeah

Replacing this file in the data folder will fix that error IF you have not already recieved the pokemon mentioned. I thought I tested them all so that they were given to the right character, but as we've seen I sometimes forget to do stuff. Patches like the Victoria and Fern mons are a little bit more complicated so I'm holding off until altered path to fix those.

Map022.rxdata

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, espeon860 said:

okay good news cal pokemon in the academy is flareon bad news it was bugged pretty badly like cal could not recieve it but it meant to be cal mon so i switch to aya and recieve the flareon so yeah

Thanks for the info

Sorry this hasn't been very active lately, I got stuck on Charlotte and then Uni has started back up this week so I haven't really played.

• Global Mods
46 minutes ago, Yune said:

There's a move tutor on the second floor of the Nature Center that teaches each member's ace moves for $10,000.

A guy in the Nature Center gives Cain a Victreebell.

Thanks! I assume this is the nature center on route 1 with the tauros and bouffulant

EDIT: loaded an old save to get some pictures and information on the tutor

Edited by DreamblitzX

24 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Thanks! I assume this is the nature center on route 1 with the tauros and bouffulant

Yep, it is. I took some pics for that:

Cain's second hidden mon: Victreebel

Spoiler

fc59509f2f.png

Move tutor (as mentioned, he can teach one or more moves to the party members' aces. Cost: 10k per move):

Spoiler

714e2e9dbe.png

Fero (???): None. Fero is probably one of the temporary party member (based on his story when Johnatan introduces the Party System, but I'm not sure if we can finish this quest right now).

Fern (Roselia): Sleep Powder, Extrasensory

Victoria (Emboar?): It doesn't have moves...

Shelly (Illumise): Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt

Cain (Nidoking): Amnesia

Aya (Seviper?): ???
Cal (Magmortar): ???

Julia (Electrode): ???

Florinia (Cradily): ???

I don't have the remaining Party members for now, so whoever already have them, please complete the move tutor list.

#EDIT: Since I just spotted that @DreamblitzX already added the pics, that'll just be some sort of bug report for Victoria's Emboar xD

Spoiler

c223bc1e76.png

Edited by HUEnd
Damn I'm just too late for that lol. I tried mkay.

• Global Mods
11 minutes ago, HUEnd said:

Yep, it is. I took some pics for that:

Cain's second hidden mon: Victreebel

Reveal hidden contents

fc59509f2f.png

Move tutor (as mentioned, he can teach one or more moves to the party members' aces. Cost: 10k per move):

Reveal hidden contents

714e2e9dbe.png

Fern (Roselia): Sleep Powder, Extrasensory

Victoria (Emboar?): It doesn't have moves...Maybe Commander could confirm that

Shelly (Illumise): Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt

Cain (Nidoking): Amnesia

Fero (???): None. Fero is probably one of the temporary party member (based on his story when Johnatan introduces the Party System, but I'm not sure if we can finish this quest right now).

I don't have the remaining Party members for now, so whoever already have them, please complete the move tutor list.

Lol I went and got the same stuff, You were probably typing this out at the same time I was editing the main post. Emboars move is wild charge. Interesting thought on Fero being a temporary member. this is a good thought as he has no hidden mons, but that could also be because he's the starting member. Also didn't Commander say something about him getting hiddens in future versions? well we'll just have to wait til either Commander confirms/denys, or we find either the temporary members, or another permanent one.

also I think that thunderbolt was on shellys volbeat not illumise

Edited by DreamblitzX

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, espeon860 said:

i tired to use to secret move tutor but it seems i cannot teach the party members mon aces any of the hidden moves

I noticed when I loaded it up a second time to confirm a couple of the moves that it was a bit buggy and sometimes he just had his normal lines. try changing between members, going in and out of the room/building, and saving/resetting in various places, it should work at some point. it is weird though.

55 minutes ago, Yagami said:

I have recently started playing reborn hardcore.How exactly do you get the party system ?

The party system is unlocked after defeating Julia and talking to Techie Jonathan somewhere around the grand hall I believe (It'll probably happen automatically as you progress, or at least be obvious)

• Global Mods

Just a quick update, I found Cal and so there's now much more specific details on his location. Once I deal with water treatment and Ciel, I can start getting Info from renovated reborn and stuff myself.

Also just wanna say @Commander that optional boss fight in the glitch world was pretty fun, and had great music.

• Global Mods
16 hours ago, Yune said:

A woman in the Calcenon Pokemart gives Aya a SUPER SCARY...ariados.

The mom of the kid in Ametrine that wants to see a pidove gives Cal a Torkoal.

Thanks, I can go back and get these once I get out of Fiore Mansion because DAMN this sequence is hard @Commander, especially with Item Ban.

And there's no way I'm surrendering to Solaris.

I've tried the sequence a few different ways because it changes a bit based on which fights you pick. current strategy is to keep my own team as healthy as possible, so fighting the first two grunts as myself gets a heal after that, then I have to beat the next two as florina, which is pretty tough. After that beating Fern as damaged Florina is very difficult, so I instead fight Blake as myself, trying to take minimal damage. Next I have to fight Sirius as Julia, Which is pretty rough, and finally I have to take down Solaris as Myself with the damage from Blake. Closest I got was Onto Solaris' last Pokemon (scizor) from a slightly different sequence, but Gardevoir was the only one alive and so couldn't do anything (went into Solaris with only 2 pokemon alive, after a slightly different sequence of battles)

EDIT: Now trying a different sequence that seems a bit more consistant (because beating Sirius as Julia is REALLY hard IMO, I've only managed it the first time. now I fight the first grunt as florina because I can cradily sweep most of it if machamp rng doesn't screw me, then the second grunt batch I have to do as myself (no choice, part of starting as florina line), but its singles which is better for me. because of the clean run through the first grunt, Florina should be healthy enough to take out Fern somewhat consistently so I don't have to fight Blake, then I just have to take out Orderly John and Solaris myself with however much damage I took in that first grunt singles. last attempt I got to Solaris with 3 mostly healthy pokemon left, and ended up losing with only his Mandibuzz remaining on half HP.

Edited by DreamblitzX