[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

Ragash turns and nods the the people gathering water. "Good. Go take care of the fire i will go check on the screaming." She says as she dashes out the door. 

As she passes the paladin she turns and glares at him. "Gods damn it I gave you one thing to do. If you stopped oggoling people may you could of actually of done it." She says has she makes her way into the corridor.

Edited by rustytengo

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the Drow turns the corner, she sees a set of stairs and a goblin bashing down a door, from which the screaming is coming from.

Spoiler

@DragonRage You are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

As Ragash sees the Goblin she glares At it with all the menace of a Drow "Drop your weapons you dirty runt and i won't burn you to ash like the rest of the lot." She says to it with venom in her Voice.

The Goblin gets scared enough that it stops what it is doing and looks for a way out.

Spoiler

@DragonRageYou are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

Maris continues to try to help with the fires, while inspiring those around them to do the same.  "The largest of blazes can grow from tiny sparks," He tells everyone in earshot who's bothering to listen to him, "We must deal with them while they are still easily extinguished!"  Putting actions to words, he attempts to smother more fire by moving the table he kicked over, while looking around for a bucket of water or something else more efficient and wieldy to use.

Richard charged ahead to cut off the goblin from the conveniently placed window, and he attempts to knock it out with the pommel of his sword, the more prisoners they took, the better the chances of actually managing to extract useful information from one of them, that and this goblin already looked like he was going to squeal anyway.
"Oh please like this goblin is worth ogling anyway".

The paladin deals a might blow with the pommel of his longsword, breaking a few ribs.
The goblin cries out in pain.

Spoiler

@Megagun You are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

I yell out to everybody "GET THAT WATER OVER HERE!" even as my own heart burns with a rage once again and I try to shove with all my strength the table out the window, calling upon all the rage, anger, and strength of an entire people

Spoiler

Rolled 18 and 16, advantage

While the barbarian isn't able to throw the table out of the window, he is able to put it up on its side and smash it against the side of the wall, extinguishing the large fire on top.
However the resulting breeze does cause a small fire to spread to the the floor next to it.
"Is everyone alright!?" yells the guard captain as he approaches

Spoiler

Edited by lifesapity

On 6/23/2017 at 5:58 AM, lifesapity said:

However the resulting breeze does cause a small fire to spread to the the floor next to it.

i use prestidigitation to snuff it out before it can become a problem.

On 6/23/2017 at 5:58 AM, lifesapity said:

"Is everyone alright!?" yells the guard captain as he approaches

Yisan says "I do believe there is still one goblin left. go through that door and up the stairs i can still hear the screaming. follow me!

Edited by Jace Stormkirk

With the last of the fires out, the bar patrons start to wearily collapse into chairs.
The Barman take off full pace following the paladin to help his wife and daughter.
However before he can get there the elf archer turns the corner and puts an arrow through the heart of the last goblin.
With the fires put out, and the goblins dead or unconscious it seems like the immediate threat is over.

Spoiler

@Jace Stormkirk @Megagun @Cool Girl @rustytengo @Cronos5010 @DragonRage
Combat Finished
, you may now act out of initiative order.

The Helga and the daughter upon hearing that everything is OK open the doors and come into the corridor, the little girl still crying by her side.
Meanwhile the captain of the guard comes through the front entrance "What happened here, is everyone safe?"

On 6/23/2017 at 10:03 AM, lifesapity said:

The Helga and the daughter upon hearing that everything is OK open the doors and come into the corridor, the little girl still crying by her side.

i will play a soft song to help calm relax the barman's daughter

The girl stops crying so loudly, but there are still tears in her eyes.
The Barman rounds the corner at top speed and embraces his family in a massive bear hug.
You notice that, three woman ran this way and now there are only two. The Acolyte of Ioun is missing.

Ragash smiles slightly as she saw that Helga was safe. She nods to the elf and readjusted her hood to cover her head again. She moves up to Helga " I'm glad your safe Helga. What happened to the other lady who came this way?"she asked looking around to see if she can see any trace of the other lady.

Althea notices the captain and tells him that everything is alright. Althea then tells everyone to gather around the unconscious goblins. "Ok, guys, I'm gonna wake the goblins up now for interrogation. Since we couldn't tie them up, I need you guys to surround them in case they plan to escape" And with that said, Althea grabs a small vial containing an herb with a strong smell which wakes people up and puts it and goes left and right with it in front of the goblin's noses in hopes that they'll wake up.

to Ragash + Richard + Yisan

Tears start to well up in the little girls eyes, as Helga replies, "They took her, as we were running to get upstairs the window shattered and two of those bastards grabbed her and pulled her out of the window. While two more climbed through and chased us."

to Megagun

between the goblins you find  1gp, 12sp and 40cp. However you also notice each of their weapons has a Black Arrow inscribed on the bottom of the blade,  probably a maker's mark. On one of the goblins you also find a vial of that strange liquid.

to Althea

As you pull out the vial of smelling salts,  the captain of the guard grabs your wrist, " There will be time for that later lady,  my men here can restrain them for questioning until later. But we have bigger problems that need to be dealt with."

Edited by lifesapity

Richard sheaths his sword in its scabbard, and he sighed after seeing yet another potential prisoner die due to the actions of the elven archer.

He walked to the front of the tavern once more, and he walked up to the bartender to say "I am glad that your family is unharmed but do you know anything about this 'Red Hand'? The goblins were going on and on about them".

2 hours ago, lifesapity said:

to Althea

As you pull out the vial of smelling salts,  the captain of the guard grabs your wrist, " There will be time for that later lady,  my men here can restrain them for questioning until later. But we have bigger problems that need to be dealt with."

Althea overheard the little girl saying that someone was kidnapped and then says to the captain: "You're right. We have a hostage now. That is our priority" Althea says very seriously. "Where do we start though? We might as well ask the goblins where they are holding her".

To Richard
"Yea, anyone from the Elsir Vale could tell you, the Red Hand was a massive army composed of goblins, trolls, ogres, orcs and even dragons. They overran the Vale 60 years ago, While the town defended itself from the onslaught, a group of brave adventurers sneaked behind enemy lines, and slew their vile leader the half-dragon Akarr Kul. With that the rest of great army splintered and were pursued, isolated, and crushed. The day was given the title "The Fall of the Hand", and was decreed to be a holiday in these parts. Today is the eve of that holiday." He replies while stroking his daughter's hair.

To Althea
"We will take these goblins to the stocks where you can question them later, but our most important task is clearing the rest of these bastards out of town. We are in charge of clearing this sector of the city. If you could help I'm sure you will be rewarded."
You start to see smoke rising throughout this area of the city. "We also have to put out those blasted fires, before anyone else gets hurt."

Ragash frowns as Helga tells her what happens she leans down to the little girl and smiles as warmly as she can " Don't cry i will find her and burn those tinta for taking her. Okay." She says as she tries to pat the girl on the head.