[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i grab a stool and get comfortable next to the other bard and slowly get in tune with her style of playing. soon we are playing as if we have always played together with how well our music blends together. now with the music duet the tavern is even more lively and i get more energetic with the crowd.

Edited by Jace Stormkirk

To Yisan
Everyone in the bar turns to listen to you play. The little girl in the corner stops what she is doing and starts laughing and clapping along with the beat.
The four friends bash their tankards together and chug the ale down and order another round. You see a smile pass over the barman's face as he gets back to work with renewed vigor.

to Yautja
While not the best hand you have ever seen, It does have the Dracolich card in it what raises your expectations of how the game will turn out.
Over the course of the next few rounds you manage to earn 1gp and 3sp.

Richard continued to wait for his order of roasted vegetables and meats when he noticed a rather peculiar looking woman enter the tavern and order something, and he glanced vaguely at her direction in an attempt to uh....examine her further for any sign of suspicious activity and definitely not checking her out.

He noticed that she was rather short for a person, and that she didn't seem particularly strong. That necklace of hers definitely interested him, as he couldn't prevent himself from saying "I don't know about you, but I definitely wouldn't keep a something like that hanging out for all to see in the evening if I didn't want any trouble miss...".

"You talking to me?" Althea asks the tall man as she approaches towards him and sits down next to him with her drink. "Thanks, but I'm sure everything is gonna be fine. Besides, you look strong yourself. If you care, you might as well protect me. Haha, I was joking. Thanks."

Althea then tucks in her necklace. "The name is Althae. What's yours?"

Richard had a smile on his face, as he shifted his posture to lean forwards a bit, and he did his best to seem charismatic when he said "My name is Richard, it's nice to meet you Althea...and as a Paladin I might have to take you up on that offer".

Althea blushes. She was sure that he was gonna kiss her. She then tries to remain calm and continue the friendly conversation. "Sure why not? I'm always looking for people to travel with" she says as she leans towards Richard.

"So, got any purpose behind your travels?" she asks him as she takes a sip from her drink

5 hours ago, lifesapity said:

to Ragash

"I'm not sure if we have anything you could carry the leftover stew in, but for you I'm sure we can work something out." She says while smiling. "Ah, you don't know? That explains it. The Fall celebrates the day the army of the Red Hand were destroyed, in large part thanks to a brave group of adventures that sneaked past the front lines and killed their leader Akarr Kul." She then adds in a whisper "One of whom was a Drow like yourself."

"Ah i see. I are these heroes still around? i haven't really got to meet anyone like me, most people just throw things at me or run away for some reason." Ragash says as she turns to listen to the music "They're quite good who are they?" she asks indicating to the bard duo. 

Edited by rustytengo

to Ragash
"No sorry honey, that was 60 years ago. But if you want to know more you could try asking the elderly dwarf over there. I think he was a member of the city guard back then." The barmaid replies.
She leans close and whispers, "I've heard how people treat your kind back east, but after what that Drow did for us. the people in the Elsir Vale, and Brindol especially, won't treat you like that."
"But if you want to stay over here I understand," She adds.
"As for the bards, the woman's name is Jessica she has been staying here for the past week. I have no idea who the male is, he only came in just before you." and as she notices her foot tapping to the beat she adds "He plays well though."
"Now I better go and finish getting everyone's food ready." She leans in and whispers, "and that man over there looks like he might die of hunger if I take any longer."
"The name is Helga by the way." she says over her shoulder as she walks into one of the two closed of rooms, presumably the kitchen.

52 minutes ago, Cool Girl said:

Althea blushes. She was sure that he was gonna kiss her. She then tries to remain calm and continue the friendly conversation. "Sure why not? I'm always looking for people to travel with" she says as she leans towards Richard.

"So, got any purpose behind your travels?" she asks him as she takes a sip from her drink

Richard capitalized on this opportunity to lean back a bit before sipping on his drink again "I'm perfectly comfortable with just being an average and ordinary Paladin for now, a little bit of mystery is always a good way to start isn't it?" He let those words simmer for a moment before continuing with "But there is something you should know about me before we even consider travelling together...." He slowly but surely leaned towards her this time, and he whispered in what he thinks is a conspiratorial tone to her while leaning towards his left "I'm very good at helping people quite vocally plead to the gods.".

After saying that he leaned back to his seat with a calm expression on his face.

Edited by Cronos5010
Grammar!

Althea blushes again. "You're right. A little of mystery is good. Very well, let's keep it that way then. I might eventually figure it out once we travel together.

She then waves to the bartender. "Hey, bartender, may we have two drinks. One for my friend and one for me, please?"

Althea was very happy. For her, this was the start of a wonderful friendship. For some reason, she felt like they might become more than friends. But, for now, she just wants them to be friends and left it at that and had a huge smile on her face.

Maris considers his answer briefly.  "Uh, I passed through this city a while ago, but I have been travelling for years," He allows, deciding that a partial truth is the best path.  His skill at conning people has atrophied to near-nonexistence since he abandoned his larcenous ways.  "I stayed at this tavern the last time I was in town, and decided to again.  I was gladdened to see you are still in business.  Many of the establishments I remember have proven as enduring as the breeze."  Did that sound wise and profound?  Maris hoped it did.

5 minutes ago, Cool Girl said:

Althea blushes again. "You're right. A little of mystery is good. Very well, let's keep it that way then. I might eventually figure it out once we travel together.

She then waves to the bartender. "Hey, bartender, may we have two drinks. One for my friend and one for me, please?"

Althea was very happy. For her, this was the start of a wonderful friendship. For some reason, she felt like they might become more than friends. But, for now, she just wants them to be friends and left it at that and had a huge smile on her face.

Richard continued to lean back on his seat, and he accepted the drinks she offered gratefully. It seemed like it was going to be a long night no matter what happens, and an appropriate amount of liquor has always helped to make an evening pleasant in his experience.

It was of course an appropriate time to ask "Please tell me more about yourself Althea, because now I find myself wondering....if there is anything that might prevent me from travelling with such a fine lady as yourself", he had no trace of irony or sarcasm as he said those words, his mother had always advised caution when it came to finding pa-....friends to travel with, and he did want to learn more about her.

31 minutes ago, lifesapity said:

to Ragash
"No sorry honey, that was 60 years ago. But if you want to know more you could try asking the elderly dwarf over there. I think he was a member of the city guard back then." The barmaid replies.
She leans close and whispers, "I've heard how people treat your kind back east, but after what that Drow did for us. the people in the Elsir Vale, and Brindol especially, won't treat you like that."
"But if you want to stay over here I understand," She adds.
"As for the bards, the woman's name is Jessica she has been staying here for the past week. I have no idea who the male is, he only came in just before you." and as she notices her foot tapping to the beat she adds "He plays well though."
"Now I better go and finish getting everyone's food ready." She leans in and whispers, "and that man over there looks like he might die of hunger if I take any longer."
"The name is Helga by the way." she says over her shoulder as she walks into one of the two closed of rooms, presumably the kitchen.

Ragash waves goodbye to Helga as she walks away.  She moves her hand to move some hair that fell into her eyes well she was talking. her hand rest near her hood as she thinks about removing it but decides against i besides the bright lights hurt so it was safer to just leave it up.

She stares at the elderly dwarf for awhile as the music plays. Trying to decide if she should go and talk to him. On one side she was interested on leaning more about the heroes and what not, but on the other side dwarfs where some of the meanest people she have run into next to other types of elves.

Deciding to trust what Helga said she finishes her drink in a big gulp and walks over to the dwarf. "Umm....excuse me. Helga said you where the one i should talk to if i wanted to learn more about the heroes who saved this city." she says well doing her best to look unthreatening.

To Maris

"Well I inherited this tavern from my father, he was the one who came up with the idea to give out a free tankard of ale on the eve of the fall. Anyway if you follow Helga into the kitchen she can find some work for you to do, to earn your keep."

To Ragash

The dwarf in front of you is dressed in the remnants of a very old guard uniform, and he has a small medal on his breast. However he has been drinking heavily and looks well and truely hammered. He looks up at you with half closed eyes "Hey... Little lady... you remind me of someone I used to know.................... Ughhhh..... Lost a lot of my friends back then..... But they took pleanty of those filthy mongrels with them..... Now they dine in they dine in the Great Hall with Moradin..........." He takes a huge gulp of his drink "..................... She was the most beautiful woman I ever saw........ " His head seems to sway back and forth a little "I wonder what became of her......." and he falls face first onto the table, Unconscious.

Edited by lifesapity

After I take my winnings, scamper off the chair and head towards a corner, hands in my pockets, whistling along to the bards music and then as I notice the taller fella with a bow talking to someone, I take care to listen in without becoming too obvious at it.

after the first song is over i say in a booming voice "thank you all for listening to us play. i do hope you continue to enjoy this holiday!" then flamboyantly take a bow and set my hat on the table to receive any donations anyone may want to give us. i then jump right back into the swing of thing with my music. i lean towards the other bard and say " if we get anything take as much as you want."

8 hours ago, lifesapity said:

To Ragash

The dwarf in front of you is dressed in the remnants of a very old guard uniform, and he has a small medal on his breast. However he has been drinking heavily and looks well and truely hammered. He looks up at you with half closed eyes "Hey... Little lady... you remind me of someone I used to know.................... Ughhhh..... Lost a lot of my friends back then..... But they took pleanty of those filthy mongrels with them..... Now they dine in they dine in the Great Hall with Moradin..........." He takes a huge gulp of his drink "..................... She was the most beautiful woman I ever saw........ " His head seems to sway back and forth a little "I wonder what became of her......." and he falls face first onto the table, Unconscious.

Ragash face twisted in annoyance as the dwarf fell into the table she wanted to hear a story. So she did her best to set the dwarf up right just to make sure he was okay, and then pokes him trying to prod him awake so he could tell her what she wanted to know.

11 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

Richard continued to lean back on his seat, and he accepted the drinks she offered gratefully. It seemed like it was going to be a long night no matter what happens, and an appropriate amount of liquor has always helped to make an evening pleasant in his experience.

It was of course an appropriate time to ask "Please tell me more about yourself Althea, because now I find myself wondering....if there is anything that might prevent me from travelling with such a fine lady as yourself", he had no trace of irony or sarcasm as he said those words, his mother had always advised caution when it came to finding pa-....friends to travel with, and he did want to learn more about her.

Althea was very happy of the compliment Richard had given her.

Sheesh, and what happened to a little of mystery. Very well then, I'll humor you. You're right when you think that I'm not strong. I'm not much of a fighter. As you can see from my necklace of Ioun, I'm a cleric. My specialty is towards healing the injured. But, I'll tell you what, while we're traveling together, you teach me how to fight and I'll heal your wounds. Who knows? Maybe I'll even teach you how to heal wounds. So, you see, if we travel together, it'll benefit both of us. I heal your wounds, you protect me. But, of course, I only want to travel together 'cause I think we're great friends. Now, I'm leaving my past the mysterious part. Maybe you'll learn about my past as we travel together. I also do my best to fight evil. During my travels, I come across people who have seen evil and need help dealing with it, but like I said, I'm not much of a fighter, but I still do my best nonetheless.

to Yautja
As you get closer you overhear the elf saying "It's strange, I wasn't able to find any deer in the forests near Darth. I wonder what happened to them."
"I'm sure you were just making too much noise, you daft knife-ear." replies the man.

to Ragash
After a few minutes of you poking and prodding at his face the dwarf finally wakes back up.
"Is that you... Ilivarrra?" he asks questioningly eyes still half asleep.

to Althae & Richard
The Barman walks over with your two drinks, "That will be 1sp lass as he hands your drinks to you."
He turns to Richard and follows up with "Your food should be out soon."

to Althae

You notice the blue skin of the woman poking and prodding the drunk elderly dwarf at the table across from you, behind Richard

8 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

Althea was very happy of the compliment Richard had given her.

Sheesh, and what happened to a little of mystery. Very well then, I'll humor you. You're right when you think that I'm not strong. I'm not much of a fighter. As you can see from my necklace of Ioun, I'm a cleric. My specialty is towards healing the injured. But, I'll tell you what, while we're traveling together, you teach me how to fight and I'll heal your wounds. Who knows? Maybe I'll even teach you how to heal wounds. So, you see, if we travel together, it'll benefit both of us. I heal your wounds, you protect me. But, of course, I only want to travel together 'cause I think we're great friends. Now, I'm leaving my past the mysterious part. Maybe you'll learn about my past as we travel together. I also do my best to fight evil. During my travels, I come across people who have seen evil and need help dealing with it, but like I said, I'm not much of a fighter, but I still do my best nonetheless.

Richard smiled again after hearing her story, and he realized that her goals would in fact align very well with the goals he had set for himself when he started to chase after his hopefully long and memorable quest.

But in the end of the day he couldn't help but take another sip of liquid courage before saying with that warm and friendly smile on his face "Don't you worry miss Althea, I'll make sure to protect you from any evil doer that tries to stop either of our quests, besides....I'm a Paladin, you can always count on me to lay on hands if you aren't feeling well"

He took the drink from the bartender gracefully with a swift reply of "Thank you".

The evening was turning out rather well actually, he came in here expecting nothing but light refreshments and a bed to lay on, and ended up talking to a wonderful lady who he will hopefully smite evil with someday.

Edited by Cronos5010
Grammar