[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

Althea felt like she had to remind people of this: "Hey guys, try to keep them alive if you can! That way, we can question them and get information! And can someone try and put those fires out! If possible of course!"

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maris uses his mad martial arts skills to hit the goblin in front of him twice.  He punches it, swings with the momentum to do a partial somersault, and kicks it in the face along the way.

The monk's martial art combination while impressive fails to do any lasting damage to the goblin he is facing. The goblins screeches back in defiance.

Spoiler

@Cronos5010  you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Richard heard the inappropriately dressed woman's request, and to be brutally honest he didn't really need a second person to tell him to investigate suspicious screaming in the first place.

He attempted to strike the goblin he was fighting non lethally with the pommel of his blade to try and knock out it out before saying "Bartender! Can I count on your help to protect the lady while I investigate the horrid screaming?".

After possibly knocking out the goblin he would say "Stay safe all right? We've got this Althea, you'll be fine" and rushing towards the source of the screaming.

Drawing on the inspiration granted to him by the bard, the paladin manages to knock the goblin unconscious.
"Fine I will protect her, but you better make sure nothing happens to my wife or daughter, or I WILL put your head on a Pike." snarls the bartender, who keeps glancing at the door the screaming is coming from.

Spoiler

@Megagun you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

I run over to next to the stunned fool near the window, and yelling at him "get to cover you idiot, or I'll kill you myself!" before throwing my javelin at the closest goblin whom had just burst through the door with a powerful grunt

Spoiler

Rolled 18 Intimidate, 22 Attack, 7 Damage

11 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

After possibly knocking out the goblin he would say "Stay safe all right? We've got this Althea, you'll be fine" and rushing towards the source of the screaming.

"Yeah, I will! You be careful yourself! Look, if you see anybody hurt outside, let me know! I'll get there as soon as I can!"

She then addresses everybody in the tavern: "Also guys, try not to get hurt a lot. You know magic has its limits too!"

The eyes of the drunk lying on the floor come into focus and he gives a quick nod to the barbarian.
The Javelin rockets out of the barbarian's hand tearing a jagged hole through the side of the goblin, who falls to the floor vainly struggling to live.
"Fine throw" remarks the dwarf.

Spoiler

@Jace Stormkirkyou are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

The Bard's blow is parried by the goblin's scimitar, the clanking sound becoming a counter-note to the bard's song of inspiration.
( @DragonRage You may use up the inspiration to add 1d6 to any d20 roll in the next 10 minutes)

The drunken man yelled at my the barbarian scrambles to his feet and runs towards the corner.
The last panicking card player on the other hand makes a break for the broken window to try escape.
The elf's arrow strikes true, embedding itself deep in the shoulder of the surrounded goblin. He then turns around to try help the paladin out.
The Barman moves up and finishes the wounded goblin with a strike of his axe, while yelling, "There is a barrel of water and buckets in the storage room someone put of this damn fire." (He points toward the green highlighted door)
The elderly dwarf moves up and swings his longsword at the goblin who just manages to get out the way.
The screaming (through the purple doors) continues followed by the sound of a door opening and slamming shut, however you swear there is one less voice now.

Spoiler

@Cool Girl you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

"Thanks!" Althea tells the bard. She then heals the monk and screams: "Hey, cover for me! There might be more coming and the only thing I can use to defend myself is my staff and my shield spell!"

Althea then runs to the storage room and tries her best to put out the fire.

She is still worried about the screaming, but she trusts Richard when he says he'll take care of it and that everything is going to be fine.

The monk feels fully revitalized after Althea cures his wounds (5 hp), as he watches Althea head towards the storage room.

The Goblin at the front door, sees all his fallen allies and disengages from the dwarf while throwing another flask of liquid in the doorway,  that erupts into fire as he turns and runs.
Another goblin busts open the back door revealing a corridor, upon seeing the paladin striding towards him he throws a familiar flask in the corridor between them.
Along the newly revealed corridor you hear sound of something bashing against a door, causing more screams to echo from that direction.

The flames that have been burning for a round spread.

Spoiler

@rustytengo  you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Ragash was slightly annoyed when the two people she told to do something didn't listen to her fully and now their way was blocked by both fire and goblin. Grumbling to her self she moves over near the paladin.

"See you should of listen to me now i have to change my plan." She scolds him as she snaps her fingers and cast a simple spell to snuff out the fire.

she then moves up to the storage door and opens it and then turns to the group of people in the back."Now you lot get down here and help us get water or y'all are just going to turn into roast for the goblins.' she yells at them before entering the storage room.

Edited by rustytengo

The sorcerer, manages to extinguishes one of the flame before it really starts burning, clearing the way for the paladin, and causing the goblin to screech in suprise.

Three of the bar patrons then nod in acknowledgement to the Drow's plan.

Inside the storage room she finds a large barrel of water, and three buckets.

Spoiler

@DragonRage  you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

Maris observes the fire he is now in front of.  The fire needs to be put out.  However, he doesn't exactly have anything that can easily extinguish it.  Well, no guts, no glory.  "Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the universe via supercharged waveforms!" He declares loudly and confidently.  "Fire is just another kind of supercharged waveform that we bend to our will!  I shall counter its waveforms with my own!"  This said, he attempts to smother the fire by kicking a table over to smother it.

The table successfuly smothers one part of the fire, the other half still rages on.

Spoiler

@Cronos5010  you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

Richard honestly couldn't think of anything better to say in response than "Well it looks like it's time to ash them some questions!" Before charging at the goblin and attempting to liberate their body from the evil regime it's head.

Make pun, Move 5 ft towards Goblin, attack Goblin.

The Paladin leaves a nasty cut along the chest of the goblin in front of him who howls out in pain.

Spoiler

End of Round 3
@Megagun you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

I yell out to the fools just standing around "YOU IDIOTS BETTER HELP HER WITH THE WATER FOR THESE FIRES!" then after moving around the table, I try to throw the table near my out the window.....

Spoiler

14 on Intimidate.....4 on strength....I even have advantage......the other was a 3......I have failed as a barbarian

The table being much heavier then expected doesn't even move an inch.
One more bar patron nods at the barbarian, and looks ready to get up and help.

Spoiler

@Jace Stormkirk  you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

seeing the door entrance being blocked by fire i use prestidigitation to snuff it out before it can become a problem. also noticing the monks idea worked i move over to the barman and say "lets flip this one together!(i am aiding the barman giving him advantage)

"1, 2 3!!!" shouts the barman as you both grab one end of the table and manage to flip it, however the flames lick around the sides and continue to burn, but you think you have slowed it down.
Of the four Bar patrons that agreed to help, two get in an grab a bucket of water and start running towards the fires, the other two are still on their way.
The archer puts an arrow through the eye of the goblin in front of the paladin clearing the way.
The last panicking card player climbs through the broken window and starts running.
Around the corner of the corridor you hear the little girl crying for help, and the sound of splintering wood.
The Elderly Dwarf grabs the water bucket out of the hands of the man carrying it and runs and throws it on the fire in the doorway.
The goblin that tried run out the front door gets shot by two crossbow bolts and falls to the floor as a small squad of town guards comes into view.
"Whats going on in there?!" screams the captain as he approaches.

Spoiler

@Cool Girl you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

Althea manages to grab a bucket of water, from a bar patron and extinguish one of the fires.
The northern fire continues to spread.
You hear the more splintering of wood and the screams reach a higher pitch.

Spoiler

@rustytengo you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)