[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard nodded in response to Althea and walked towards the nearby group of goblins and shouted "SIREUGH is bald and foolish!" To try and distract them from the other civilians.

Move 30ft towards the goblins in the path I have drawn up in the roll20 site, and ready an action to attack the first goblin that gets within range, also make sure to use the bonus action I think I still have to attack the first goblin that tries to get away from the eight squares surrounding me that represents my attack range.

The goblin near the ogre's charred corpse turns around and squeezes past the burning cart and dashes down the alley out of sight.
As the goblins rush the paladin he kills the wounded one as soon as it gets withing striking range.
The last goblin leaves a deep gash along an unprotected portion of the paladins body. (7 slashing damage)
The barbarian continues to be singed by the flames. (2 fire damage for starting your turn in the flames)

Spoiler

@Megagun Your turn.

Ragash seeing the ogre fall And the cask break open over the cart decided getting has far away from want likely was happen next would be a good idea. 

So she ran towards the back of the tavern towards where the goblins broke in and attack Helga and her daughter.

A guard moves up and slays the final goblin that is in sight.

Spoiler

@Jace Stormkirk @Megagun @DragonRage @Cool Girl @Cronos5010 The battle is currently over, you may act out of initiative order.

The rest of the guards rush to get away from the burning cart and to catch up to the civilians , who continue moving north towards the market square.

Edited by lifesapity

Richard immediately sheaths the sword he had been wielding the whole time, before turning slightly to face the bar group to say "So how far are we from your house anyway?".

He also uses his lay on hands ability to heal 5 HP back to himself, expending pretty much all of it in one questionably selfish move to keep him alive a little bit longer.

To Richard

The barmaid shakes her head, "Our house is next to the bar I wouldn't feel safe there. The guard said we would be the safest if we head towards market square while they pushed the goblins out if the rest of the city. Is only a couple of minutes away at this pace."

To Everyone

You hear a massive explosion, that rocks you to your core, as you see flames crest over the top of the building, in the direction of what once was the explosive filed cart. 

Edited by lifesapity

I gather up my Javelins as best I can before following the others. Once I catch up to the others, I take a knee and rest for a second, followed by trying my best to use some cloth scraps to cover my burns and scrapes. Then, I Glare at the cowards

Althea runs towards Richard: "Are you okay? I was so worried for you! I didn't know you can heal yourself though... Althea then notices a small cut on Richard's arms: "Oh, missed a spot. Hold on." Althea then grabs a small bottle of rubbing alcohol: "Count to ten! This is gonna sting a bit." She then puts some on the cut, then puts ointment and wraps the wound in a bandage. "See that wasn't so bad now was it?" She then looks at Richard smiling.

1 hour ago, lifesapity said:

To Richard

The barmaid shakes her head, "Our house is next to the bar I wouldn't feel safe there. The guard said we would be the safest if we head towards market square while they pushed the goblins out if the rest of the city. Is only a couple of minutes away at this pace."

To Everyone

You hear a massive explosion, that rocks you to your core, as you see flames crest over the top of the building, in the direction of what once was the explosive filed cart. 

Woah! She then takes a moment. Yeah, we should head to the market place and then, I can interrogate the goblins there. By the way, where's everybody else?, she then asks Richard.

as i show up to the others looking slightly singed but none worse for wear. i look at the others and say "the ogre you three thought was to much to handle is dealt with, never underestimate a bard" then the explosion goes off. i look back to see the halfling but no drow. "hey where is the drow lady?"

Ragash hopped through the window the goblins broke in through and made her way down to where the everyone was at.

Hearing the bard ask about her she walks out of any shadows that are near by and speaks.

"I'm right here. It looks like you guys had some problems." She says as she brushes a little ash of he hood.

As you all move towards the market square you start seeing a number of guards, as you move into the area that has already been secured. Up ahead you see a barricade made of what seems to be upturned market stalls/tables with a dozen guards weilding longspears or crossbows behind it.

Carrying a smirk, I turn to the both of them (Bard and drow) "I would say a fine job the 3 of us did." Then I turn to the surviving town guard members, and standing tall (for a halfling) I speak with a commanding voice "Do you have a healer in the town square? Worry not about your fallen comrades. They fought bravely, and shall be remembered. But there are more goblins in this town who threaten civilians."

Edited by Megagun
DMs post made part obsolete lol

Before they had walked over to the market square, Richard had scratched his head and said "Oh right, I hope your house isn't on fire or anything" he then took the opportunity to hug Althea rather closely before whispering into her ear the words "I don't know yet, but why don't we ask around the market square later?".

The hug lasted for another few moments, until he broke it off to start walking towards the market square again.

When he arrives there he immediately puts his shield back in its resting place behind him before putting his hands up to say "Right.....my name is Richard, and behind me is a group of civilians and a guard whose name I haven't asked yet, so may we enter?".

Richard looks at the slightly crispy ((I assume that you haven't gotten healed yet and still look beaten, battered, but only lightly fried)) looking halfling that bumped into his leg for a bit, before he turned to face Althea and gestured vaguely at the halfling "May I ask you to look after him? He doesn't look very well right now"

One of the guards starts to wave you through, "Come through, there are a couple of healers in the market, though I doubt they will have much magic power left... Anyway get in. If you have any questions find one of the captains."

As you enter, it is a strange sight. There are beautiful streamers set up, marquees of every color and a stage set up to the side.
And as a counterpoint you see a hoard of civilians. Some wounded, others crying, and even more that are just plain terrified.
There are many guards around and they have set up similar barricade at every entrance.
You see a few clerics in various robes moving about the crowd, doing what work they can.

The civilians that you helped each thank you before moving off into the crowd, to either have their wounds tended or to look for family members.
The last remaining civilians are the barman and his family, the elf hunter and the elderly dwarf.

You can hear the far off sounds of battle and can see smoke rising to the west/south-west.

Edited by lifesapity