[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

6 hours ago, lifesapity said:

As you sleep, your mind relives your past experiences. Both of the battles the night before and everything leading up to it. When each of you wake up you feel a little stronger.

Reveal hidden contents

Morning arrives, when you head down stairs you are told your complimentary breakfast will be ready soon.

Althea wakes up, grabs two apples and two breakfast plates, eats her apple and her breakfast plate, and waits for Richard in the waiting room.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone next to Ragash's room would of heard the sound of furniture being dragged around that night.

With in her room she had dragged what ever type of table that would have been in the room so that if you sat on the bed you would stare right at it and the door. Upon the table she set her crystal in the center of the table she then sat on the bed and stared into the Crystal blinking ever so often but not moving much. 

To those sensitive to magic the would feel it churn in a vortex around both Ragash and the crystal not under any control just there. Most would just think she is spacing out starring at nothing. If they look at the crystal would see nothing just but too Ragash she saw the events of the day play out in dancing lights and the flow of magic guide her how to shape it in new ways. 

After hours past Ragash would snap pit of this trance and shake her head and blink her eyes. She probably wouldn't hear much more then the snoring of the others and the those who stayed out for the night doing there best to put the town back together again.

She moves the table back to where it was originally and went through her stuff to make sure everything was there. Normally she would leave where she was and start to the next place since this was one of the safer time she found to travel most things up at night would be getting sleepy, but this was different she made a promise she was intending to keep and she needed the information those runts had before she could doing anything about it.

As the she would stay in her room watching the light travel across the town has the sun rose of her window doing her best to protect her sensitive eyes from even what she would consider a beautiful sight. Once the messenger came she would thank who ever it was and head down to eat. Probably there be for anyone she would grab some bread and whatever there was to drink and go sit by the fire.

Edited by rustytengo

yisan sees the drow seated by the fire. he has had his fill and thanks the chef  for the wondrous food. he then approaches the drow and asks her. "i am sure we have a shared interest with the goblin captives and any info the may have, would you care to join me before the cleric tries anything foolhardy with them?

Yautja stumbles down the stairs, obviously not a morning person, until his eyes make contact with food. Then, begins to craft the largest breakfast sandwich a person could imagine. After he has finished his masterpiece of breakfast, he brings it over to where he see's the drow and the bard, and takes a seat, proceeding to eat and saying "how goes on this morn?"

Richard made his way down from his room and walked towards the waiting room in search of food after realizing that he had forgotten to get anything to eat the other night...

After seeing Althea eating her breakfast while seeming to wait upon somebody's food, he walked up to stand behind her, and leaned in close to whisper into her ear "So who is the man lucky enough to have a beautiful dame like you wait for him Althea?".

A familiar messenger, to some of you, comes through the front doors.
Upon seeing the group Jake walks over and hands a wax-sealed scroll to whoever puts their hand out to accept it first.
He looks tired to his bones, but smiles upon seeing the Drow and Barbarian again.
After one of you takes it he salutes and starts to move back towards the exit.

Inside the scroll is a short message:

Good Morning Adventurers,
Please meet me in my chambers at the Brindol Keep, at your earliest convenience.
I have had the night to think it over and I am considering something,
and I wished to speak to you about it in person, and in private.
Signed, Council Member Eoffram Troyas

Ragash puts her hand out for the message. She reads it out loud to both the bard and barbarian. She then looks at the bard. " Well it looks like that may have to wait for a bit." She says with a smile. "We should grab the choir boy and blondie be for heading over first....oh baldy as well wherever he's at." She finishes with a sigh as she messes with a strand of hair that fell into her face.

4 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

Richard made his way down from his room and walked towards the waiting room in search of food after realizing that he had forgotten to get anything to eat the other night...

After seeing Althea eating her breakfast while seeming to wait upon somebody's food, he walked up to stand behind her, and leaned in close to whisper into her ear "So who is the man lucky enough to have a beautiful dame like you wait for him Althea?".

Althea gets startled, but then chuckles a bit. "Oh hey....sorry, didn't sleep a whole lot". Out of nowhere, she kisses Richard on the lips. "Sorry....just needed to feel a bit better...." She then gives him an apple and his plate of breakfast: "Eat up! We're gonna need all the energy we can get today. We're heading where the goblins are being kept to interrogate them." She then notices the messenger come in with a message.

4 hours ago, lifesapity said:

A familiar messenger, to some of you, comes through the front doors.
Upon seeing the group Jake walks over and hands a wax-sealed scroll to whoever puts their hand out to accept it first.
He looks tired to his bones, but smiles upon seeing the Drow and Barbarian again.
After one of you takes it he salutes and starts to move back towards the exit.

Inside the scroll is a short message:

Good Morning Adventurers,
Please meet me in my chambers at the Brindol Keep, at your earliest convenience.
I have had the night to think it over and I am considering something,
and I wished to speak to you about it in person, and in private.
Signed, Council Member Eoffram Troyas

Sigh....guess it'll have to wait. You coming?" she asks Richard and with that, she joins the others to go to the Bridal Keep

Edited by Cool Girl
Forgot something

I look over at the drow and bard. "You know, if we be working together, instead of flirting with cowardace, then we should know the names of each other. I'm Osborn Thorngage, but most call me Yautja." Then he grumbles a slight annoyance "working more in my retirement then in war..."

Ragash stopped fiddling with her hair as Yautja spoke. 

"Yautja.....that's hard to say I just called you Grumpy in my head much easier to remember, but anyway I'm Ragash...or Rei as I usually tell people  to call me. It scares them less I think." She said with a smile as ate some more bread waiting to see who would go next.

Richard responded by picking up the apple that Althea had gotten for him before responding to her kiss with another one, after finishing up he takes a bite out the apple and smiles at her before examining her entire body up and down very closely. "I'll be sure to keep making you feel better then, and don't worry...I already have an apple for my eye~".

On 7/15/2017 at 3:16 AM, Megagun said:

I look over at the drow and bard. "You know, if we be working together, instead of flirting with cowardace, then we should know the names of each other. I'm Osborn Thorngage, but most call me Yautja." Then he grumbles a slight annoyance "working more in my retirement then in war..."

On 7/14/2017 at 10:18 PM, rustytengo said:

Ragash puts her hand out for the message. She reads it out loud to both the bard and barbarian. She then looks at the bard. " Well it looks like that may have to wait for a bit." She says with a smile. "We should grab the choir boy and blondie be for heading over first....oh baldy as well wherever he's at." She finishes with a sigh as she messes with a strand of hair that fell into her face.

yisan scrunches in his face as he thinks of trying to rhyme their names in a song then he says " my name is ( obvious pause either for dramatic effect or trying to hide something) Yisan rednaw. i am most pleased to make your acquaintances. 

Chatting as you go you arrive at in front of Brindol Keep at the front gate stands two guards, who upon presentation of the letter let you inside and guide you towards a large Dark Wood Door.
As it opens, it reveals a dimly lit study, with books lining one wall, and furnished with dark wood.
Behind the main desk sits a Male Half-Elf with Dark Brown hair and well kept beard, looking through a stack of papers.

Spoiler

33m7rm1.jpg

As Council Member Eoffram Troyas greets you solemnly, he makes eye contact with each of you in turn.
"As my missive said, I am considering something, and I wished to speak to you about it in person, and in private. But first I would like to know some more information about each of you."
He runs one of his hands through his think hair, and continues.
"I have heard of what you did last night and I must say I am impressed, however I did not want my faith to be misplaced so I organized to meet you myself."
He pauses for a long moment.
"If you are able to convince me of your good intentions, I may have a bit of work lined up for you, in regards to the attack by that vile hoard last night."

Edited by lifesapity

Richard put on the classic Paladin voice that he had been practicing for quite a while in an attempt to seem even more legitimate and trustworthy than he hopes he already seems to be, and he cleared his throat to say "I honestly just want to help, the goblins have become too much of a problem to ignore, and I couldn't just leave even if I wanted to. They can't just go on without punishment like that, or else they will think that your town is an easy target....so at the very least, please tell me what I can do to help".

On 7/16/2017 at 7:03 AM, lifesapity said:

He nods at Richard's words and moves his eyes off him and onto the rest of the group.

after rolling his eyes at the armored coward, yisan says" do you know what the worst thing one can do to a bard? interrupt a celebration that said bard is a part of. even without your permission i will find ever last one of these so called "black hand" group and send them packing in a way only a bard can."

5 hours ago, lifesapity said:

Chatting as you go you arrive at in front of Brindol Keep at the front gate stands two guards, who upon presentation of the letter let you inside and guide you towards a large Dark Wood Door.
As it opens, it reveals a dimly lit study, with books lining one wall, and furnished with dark wood.
Behind the main desk sits a Male Half-Elf with Dark Brown hair and well kept beard, looking through a stack of papers.

Reveal hidden contents

33m7rm1.jpg

As Council Member Eoffram Troyas greets you solemnly, he makes eye contact with each of you in turn.
"As my missive said, I am considering something, and I wished to speak to you about it in person, and in private. But first I would like to know some more information about each of you."
He runs one of his hands through his think hair, and continues.
"I have heard of what you did last night and I must say I am impressed, however I did not want my faith to be misplaced so I organized to meet you myself."
He pauses for a long moment.
"If you are able to convince me of your good intentions, I may have a bit of work lined up for you, in regards to the attack by that vile hoard last night."

Althea stands in a military position, out of respect: "Um....my name is Althea Ellenburger. Half-elf cleric. I was in charge of treating the wounded and did my best to assist in battle. My intentions as of now are to interrogate the intruders we have captured and to get information by any means necessary about this "Red Hand". I guarantee you I only have the best intentions, sir!" she said as she tried to not be nervous

Althea saw that he was a half-elf and wanted to ask about his heritage, but knew there wasn't time for that. Instead, she tried to indicate that with a look.

Man, I hope I did well....I mean, he is half-elf, which means one of his parents may be human. I mean, I know my dad is, but....if he knows something about my dad or our heritage, I'd like to know. Althea thought to herself.

"This one is Maris, a humble seeker of enlightenment," The monk bows deeply in greeting, "This one did his part to protect the endangered civilians from the bandits that assaulted them."

3 hours ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

after rolling his eyes at the armored coward, yisan says" do you know what the worst thing one can do to a bard? interrupt a celebration that said bard is a part of. even without your permission i will find ever last one of these so called "black hand" group and send them packing in a way only a bard can."

"RED hand" he interrupts the instant you miss speak. You manage to see a flash of deep hatred pass over his face as he mentions the name. 

His somber face stares less intently at both Richard and Althea as they speak as if he had already mostly made his mind up about them. 

You also catch a tiny flash of suprise, when Maris stars speaking  in third person. 

As the three of you finish his eyes run each of you up and down before nodding. His eyes now rest keenly on Rei & Yautja.

Edited by lifesapity

"Introduction here as well okay then. I'm Ragash or Rei which ever you like, and well i made a promise last night to a little girl that i will find someone the runts took and i intend to keep it even if you don't want my help." She said with a slight determination in her eyes.

I roll my eyes, and lean against a bookshelf before saying "I never wanted to fight again. Bad things happen in battle. That said, this is where I've chosen to make a home. And a home needs to be safe. Tell me what you need, and I'll make sure it gets done"

Eoffram nods after hearing you speak. "I'm sure, given the chance, most would choose a life of peace over fighting, however someone needs to stand up for those who cant save themselves, and here we are."

He breaths a heavy sigh, After making eye contact with each of you one more time he nods to himself once and continues on.
"Alright, I believe each of you have good intentions in your heart and are not in this solely for personal gain. First to understand what weight I put on your shoulders I must tell you a little about myself."
He motions to the stacks of paperwork piled up on his desk.
"Despite how it may look, I am a quite new addition to the Brindol city council. In a recent council meeting I put forth the idea of using adventurers to aid in cutting down on recent bandit attacks in the Elsir Vale. Other members of the council — despite the city’s history and survival thanks to the efforts of adventurers — were dubious, but willing to give my policy a chance — to fail. The other council members seem to believe that the mercurial nature of adventurers makes them eminently unsuitable for the defense of the city. So I have been waiting for an opportunity to remind them that we can place a certain amount of trust in adventurers like yourself, like we did once in the past."
He takes a deep breath, "You see, During the last war with the Red Hand, 60 years ago, I lost everything I held dear to me."

He pauses a moment before continuing, " It’s time to think outside the box. I will do what I feel is necessary to defeat evil every time it rears it’s ugly head."
"Onto the matter at hand, from what information we could put together, during the attack last night the wretched spawn kidnapped seven members of our town; Jalissa an acolyte of Ioun, Sertanian the castellan of the Hall of Great Valor, Kartenix the guard captain and his 8 year old son Thurann, Mirtala a cook, Zerriksa the witch and Adronsius the alchemist. I want you to find and save them before it is too late."

He pauses for a moment, "While you are on this rescue mission I have two secondary quests for you. While the beasts were ransacking the town, they broke into the Great Hall of Valor and stole some of our 'Treasures' most of them hold no intrinsic value however they are museum pieces from the Red Hand's invasion many years ago and the sentimental value to the town is immense."
He rumages through the papers in front of him before pulling one out.
"The stolen treasures include; an Ornate, gilded dragoncrest helm,
a Ceremonial platinum longsword; too heavy and blunt to be useful as a weapon,
a Set of three shields with the Red Hand insignia, each with a charred hole near the center,
a Set of iron gauntlets with extensive filigree,
and a Heraldic battle standard depicting two hands clasped in a handshake."
He pauses for one more moment, "If Sertanian is still alive he would be able to recognize them on sight, seeing they have been under his responsibility for years."

"Finally" he says while making eye contact with each of you one last time "If you get the opportunity to cut the head off the snake and slay this new leader of the Red Hand, Sinruth. Do it."

"I'm sorry to put this weight on your shoulders, but we lost many good men last night and injured a score more, we need all the guards we have left to defend the town and keep the peace. We don't have the resources left to accomplish these task ourselves."

"Will you accept these quests and do any of you have any questions?"

Edited by lifesapity

Sighs heavily, then stands firmly and declares "I will undertake these quests, though I'm not much for these simple trinkets. If the opportunity arises, I'll take what I can and return it to ye" then he eyes the others, unsure of the usefulness of some

yisan scoffs at the notion that this is a burden that was placed upon him, for in his mind he had just gained valuable information on who deserves to die. yisan says " sir you have not thrust a task upon me for i had already planed to decimate the red hand the moment they decided to crash the celebration i was in. i now just have other thing to look for along the way."

As the council member mentioned Elsir Vale, a look of panic: "ELSIR VALE?! Oh god....I hope my mother is okay....Councilmen, please tell me they're okay!?"

She then stayed calm as she felt it was unprofessional to panic. As the councilmen was talking about the mission, Althea noticed that he mentioned that one of the hostages is an acolyte of Ioun, which is what made her accept the mission: "I accept the mission and if while I'm there, I find some of your treasure, I'll grab them and give them back to you."

Althea then paused for a moment as she had a question of her own: "Sir, if I may, do you have any information on the Red Hand and their leader, Sinruth, I believe we should know about it. See, the reason we captured those two goblins as you may have read from the report was to interrogate them. But, if you know who they are and what their intentions are, it may save us the hassle and possibly we could prevent a war. So, please, what do you know about them?"