[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

The hobgoblin spits blood on the floor at your feet and snarls up at you both, "Sinruth aint want us to destroy da town yet, just make ya all shake in ya little hole. Serve ya all some payback for years past."
He snickers, "Plus word of all da blood spilled from ya little pink skins is already spreading, calling more and more will come to join under da flag."
"As for da prisoners, sure I'll tell ya but only to see ya squirm."
He then loudly says so the townspeople can hear him "Ya see we gonna feed em prisoners to our friends, and when dey get hungry again we gona come get some more fresh meat."
A few of the nearby townsfolk stagger back, horror showing on their faces.
He follows up by showing you smile with a mouth full of pointed teeth.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after seeing the paladin hit the hobgolin yisan says "oh you are only able to hit them if they are unable to fight back. now i will only say this once, leave this place at once or i will make you leave. your choice.

1 hour ago, lifesapity said:

The hobgoblin spits blood on the floor at your feet and snarls up at you both, "Sinruth aint want us to destroy da town yet, just make ya all shake in ya little hole. Serve ya all some payback for years past."
He snickers, "Plus word of all da blood spilled from ya little pink skins is already spreading, calling more and more will come to join under da flag."
"As for da prisoners, sure I'll tell ya but only to see ya squirm."
He then loudly says so the townspeople can hear him "Ya see we gonna feed em prisoners to our friends, and when dey get hungry again we gona come get some more fresh meat."
A few of the nearby townsfolk stagger back, horror showing on their faces.
He follows up by showing you smile with a mouth full of pointed teeth.

Richard ignored the free knife the barbarian gave to him and didn't stop to wonder who the bard was talking to as he continued his line of questioning by saying "That's it? You're only using them as a food source? Quite frankly I'm a little bit disappointed....a real warlord would be more inventive you know, especially a human one, heck I'm sure that even an Elf could see that a better use for the prisoners would be fuel source for a demonic pact, or maybe the beginnings of an undead army, but I guess it's true what they say about goblins isn't it? You're all just useless scum with no mind to think of anything really useful aren't you? Heck I bet that Sinruth is scared, scared that if he crawls out of the rat hole he has dug himself in and called a house...that the 'pink skins' would put him down just like any other animal marching into the slaughter...and I'm sure that you don't know where he is now don't you?".

yisan thinks "well i warned him" and casts tasha's hideous laughter on the paladin and tells the guards "remove him from my sight" and tells the halfling " assist the guards in removing this man from my presence" 

I move up to the Paladin and assist the guards in dragging him away "Althea was it? If he doesn't go willingly, your gonna have work. The last thing we need is a fool hitting prisoners, and giving them all the information we have!" 

Spoiler

@Cronos5010 Make A Wisdom Saving Throw DC 13 to resist Tasha's Hideous Laughter, If you pass you can choose if you want to let them drag you away or make an Athletics Check to Resist.

@Megagun If he passes the saving throw you will have to roll an Athletics Check to contest Richard (If he passes the guards have no reason to help)

Edited by lifesapity

The hobgoblin starts to laugh while saying "You pink skins really know nothin dontcha."
He manages to calm down but still continues smiling "Demonic Pact, Undead Army... All ya pink skins really are da same. What is da point of any of dat."

Richard manages to resist Yisan's spell, and as Yautja grab Richard to drag him away he finds him unable to move him at this moment.

Edited by lifesapity
Mistook a roll for his saving throw

Althea wasn't sure what to say or think at this point. After seeing how intimidation didn't work on the prisoners, she tries to persuade them: "Look, answers our questions and we might cut you a deal."

12 minutes ago, lifesapity said:

"You aint got nothin I'm interested girl" replies the hobgoblin while sneering.

"Then, you leave me no choice! I really didn't want to resort to this...." Althea then comes to one of the guards and whispers in its ear: "Can you get me a truth serum?"

After dragging the "bag of laughs" back towards the tavern, I wait for the effect to wear off, and as soon as he stops laughing I say "Quite the funny joke, but really you should let those less holy deal with such ugly business, lest laughter be the least of ye worries"

Just now, lifesapity said:

"Truth Serum? I don't know what ya talking about lass." replies the guard.

Ugh....this is really frustrating Althea think to herself. "Well, I'm heading back to the councilmen's office. I don't know what to do now 'cause we don't even know where they're keeping the hostages! Gonna have to talk to the councilmen to see what's next?" And with that, Althea went back to the councilmen's office with a knock on the door before entering: "Sorry to bother you, sir" She then sits down. "I have tried to interrogate the prisoners. No matter what we did, they won't budge. We don't know where they're keeping the hostages? What should we do?"

"well now that that rude man is out of the way time for a proper interrogation" yisan says as he heads towards the prisoners."first off the basics.

1. you mentioned the prisoners were going to be fed to something. do any of you know what it is?

2. were you told to pillage the museum?

3. how many people did you take?

and finally i figure you must be hungry so for every answer  i find satisfactory i shall give you something to eat

Richard managed to not only fight off the effects of the spell with the power of his anime character esque WILL! but also escape the barbarian's attempt to drag him away due to the other man's surprisingly weak grip.

He then stood up again, and looked at the barbarian before throwing the man a single gold coin before saying "Do you even lift? Also that should be worth another knife to ya, and don't worry man, I'm a bigger bastard than you are, literally in fact".

After presumably managing to walk away from the barbarian he then walked back to the hobgoblin from earlier and set to work on prying the knife that the barbarian had thrown in his general direction from the wood for a bit of time, before approaching the goblin he talked to earlier to say "If you don't talk I'll make damn sure that you and the rest of your little tribe's stay as uncomfortable as possible, I guess a good start would be to lift you up by your feet in an uncomfortable manner? And then we start with the rotten tomatoes again...maybe I'll ask a minstrel if we have any happy songs about killing goblins or stupid goblins to sing....".

He ignored the spoony bard again, although he made a mental note to charge the man some money for it.

The hobgoblin spits in your direction as you approach him "I aint got nothin to say to ya either pink skin, maybe ya pink skins dont know what loyalty is but we hobgoblins do, now get out of ma face."

The guards continue to drag a 4th scrawny looking goblin through the town square.

Ragash sighed at the men competing to see whose sword was bigger and shook her head as she turned away it was embarrassing. 

She then sees the guards taking a goblin through the square. Curiose she walked over to them and asked. "Where are you taking this runt to?"

"We are taking him to the barracks, we found this sniveling coward hiding among some bushes near the gate we closed last night, must of got saw that and decided to hide." Replies the guard.
Taking a look a look at the goblin he seems quite small and weak compared to the others.

"I see. You mind if i ask it some questions before you take him there? I'm part of the.....group...hired to find the people who avere taken last night in the raid." Ragash asked with a smile on her face.

Edited by rustytengo

"That works fine for me." Ragash said a s she walked along with the guards.

Looking at the goblin and making sure it sees what she is doing Ragash pulls out her crystal and mutters something making it glow for a moment. "So you know what i am and what my people can do right?" She asks the goblin continig before it answers. "That spell i just cast we tell me of you lie to me and if you lie to me well it won't turn out to good for you my spiders haven't had a good meal in a few days. You understand?" she finishes doing her best to have an unnerving smile on her face.

"Good. Now if have just a few questions keep in mind i will know if you lie." Ragash says "Now where were the prisoners you lot took taken to?" She asks with the same smile