[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

54 minutes ago, lifesapity said:

to Ragash
After a few minutes of you poking and prodding at his face the dwarf finally wakes back up.
"Is that you... Ilivarrra?" he asks questioningly eyes still half asleep.

Ragash smiles to herself in victory once the dwarf wakes up. "Nope sorry about that, my name is Rei. i was told you could tell me about the heroes who defeated the army of the Red hand. Was Illvarra on of them?" she says while tilting her head.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

Richard smiled again after hearing her story, and he realized that her goals would in fact align very well with the goals he had set for himself when he started to chase after his hopefully long and memorable quest.

But in the end of the day he couldn't help but take another sip of liquid courage before saying with that warm and friendly smile on his face "Don't you worry miss Althea, I'll make sure to protect you from any evil doer that tries to stop either of our quests, besides....I'm a Paladin, you can always count on me to lay on hands if you aren't feeling well"

He took the drink from the bartender gracefully with a swift reply of "Thank you".

The evening was turning out rather well actually, he came in here expecting nothing but light refreshments and a bed to lay on, and ended up talking to a wonderful lady who he will hopefully smite evil with someday.

Althea smiled back as Richard promised that he will protect her. He always pays the bartender for the drinks and gives him a tip.

Althea grabs the drink to the bartender and raises it to make her toast to her new friend Richard in hopes that he would clink his glass with hers. "To you! :) " She then takes a sip.

She also notices Richard was waiting for some food and then waves to the bartender again: "Sorry to bother you again, but if you have any desserts, could you bring them all to me please?"

She then looks back at Richard.

"Now that I think about it, got any place in mind that we should travel to? I don't care either way, I don't have a specific place I need to go for now" Althae said out loud in hopes the bartender heard that and may give her some info.

She then notices a blue skin woman poking a drunk dwarf and turns to look closely. She then tugs on Richard's shirt so that he also notices what's going on and then tells him: "That's weird. Is he going to be okay? Should we do something or just stay quiet?"

4 hours ago, rustytengo said:

Ragash smiles to herself in victory once the dwarf wakes up. "Nope sorry about that, my name is Rei. i was told you could tell me about the heroes who defeated the army of the Red hand. Was Illvarra on of them?" she says while tilting her head.

1 hour ago, Cool Girl said:

Althea smiled back as Richard promised that he will protect her. He always pays the bartender for the drinks and gives him a tip.

Althea grabs the drink to the bartender and raises it to make her toast to her new friend Richard in hopes that he would clink his glass with hers. "To you! :) " She then takes a sip.

She also notices Richard was waiting for some food and then waves to the bartender again: "Sorry to bother you again, but if you have any desserts, could you bring them all to me please?"

She then looks back at Richard.

"Now that I think about it, got any place in mind that we should travel to? I don't care either way, I don't have a specific place I need to go for now" Althae said out loud in hopes the bartender heard that and may give her some info.

She then notices a blue skin woman poking a drunk dwarf and turns to look closely. She then tugs on Richard's shirt so that he also notices what's going on and then tells him: "That's weird. Is he going to be okay? Should we do something or just stay quiet?"

Richard takes her up on her offer, and toasted her glass with his firm and steady hand before taking another light sip from the glass.

He honestly didn't know how to answer her question, his Goddess wasn't exactly the type to hand things to people on a silver platter, and the only person who would actually know anything about the details of his quest had been very tight lipped about it......but eventually he declared "The north, eventually we need to travel to the town of Sayre, there is something that I need to do there.....".

He was busy thinking of her response and where the food he had ordered was when she tugged rather noticeably tugged on his chainmail shirt and presumably glanced towards a blue skinned woman and a rather noticeably passed out Dwarf.

Usually he wouldn't care too much about the blue skinned woman, as she doesn't seem to be particularly suspicious, but she was poking a passed out dwarf, and while a more ignorant person wouldn't find the idea of a drunk off his arse man in a tavern to be suspicious, it seemed particularly out of character for a dwarf.

Which is why he now had a serious expression on his face. "I think you should stay here for now, I am going to go there to see if anyone is in need for help, we wouldn't want her to feel cornered now wouldn't we?".

Without stopping to listen to her response he stood up and marched towards the blue skinned woman, and he tried to get as close to her as possible before putting on the most friendly face he had and saying "I know that a lot of people have said this before.....but Hello. Now is there anything I can do to help you or your dwarven companion miss?".

Edited by Cronos5010

1 hour ago, Cronos5010 said:

Richard takes her up on her offer, and toasted her glass with his firm and steady hand before taking another light sip from the glass.

He honestly didn't know how to answer her question, his Goddess wasn't exactly the type to hand things to people on a silver platter, and the only person who would actually know anything about the details of his quest had been very tight lipped about it......but eventually he declared "The north, eventually we need to travel to the town of Sayre, there is something that I need to do there.....".

He was busy thinking of her response and where the food he had ordered was when she tugged rather noticeably tugged on his chainmail shirt and presumably glanced towards a blue skinned woman and a rather noticeably passed out Dwarf.

Usually he wouldn't care too much about the blue skinned woman, as she doesn't seem to be particularly suspicious, but she was poking a passed out dwarf, and while a more ignorant person wouldn't find the idea of a drunk off his arse man in a tavern to be suspicious, it seemed particularly out of character for a dwarf.

Which is why he now had a serious expression on his face. "I think you should stay here for now, I am going to go there to see if anyone is in need for help, we wouldn't want her to feel cornered now wouldn't we?".

Without stopping to listen to her response he stood up and marched towards the blue skinned woman, and he tried to get as close to her as possible before putting on the most friendly face he had and saying "I know that a lot of people have said this before.....but Hello. Now is there anything I can do to help you or your dwarven companion miss?".

Ragash's face twisted a again once she heard a new voice addressing her. Turning towards the voice she saw a tall man in armor she griped her crystal in her pouch out of habit when large people in armor came towards her. She relaxed a little when she noticed he didn't have any weapons out or back up with him. 

"No, we are good here. he's waking up so he should be able to tell me what i asked about." she said well narrowing her eyes at the man with her hand still gripped around her crystal.

Edited by rustytengo

to Althae

The bartender scratched the top of his head, "The only desert we have tonight is a sweet fruit tart. Would that be to your liking lass?"

to Richard and Ragash

The Dwarf says while slurring, "Yes....... Illvarra was the most beautiful woman I ever layed eyes on...........she had hair like snow, you look alot like she did at your age.... though I guess Drow always look young."

25 minutes ago, rustytengo said:

Ragash's face twisted a again once she heard a new voice addressing her. Turning towards the voice she saw a tall man in armor she griped her crystal in her pouch out of habit when large people in armor came towards her. She relaxed a little when she noticed he didn't have any weapons out or back up with him. 

"No, we are good here. he's waking up so he should be able to tell me what i asked about." she said well narrowing her eyes at the man with her hand still gripped around her crystal.

As a chivalrous and technically honorable Paladin, Richard noted the ragged state of her clothing as he examined her form as thoroughly as possible with his eyes, he needed to be certain that she didn't have any hidden weapons or stolen possessions on her person you see, and the bit where he would look at the bits of her mix and match clothing that was a little bit too....tight longer than he looked at her other bits was purely incidental. In the end of it all he could draw no other conclusions other than the fact that she would need a completely and utterly different outfit, although he wasn't quite sure what it should be made out of other than say....leather.

He suddenly realized that he had been staring at her for a little too long and said "Oh really now? And exactly what were you asking?".

1 minute ago, lifesapity said:

to Althae

The bartender scratched the top of his head, "The only desert we have tonight is a sweet fruit tart. Would that be to your liking lass?"

to Richard and Ragash

The Dwarf says while slurring, "Yes....... Illvarra was the most beautiful woman I ever layed eyes on...........she had hair like snow, you look alot like she did at your age.... though I guess Drow always look young."

He was caught off guard when the man actually woke up enough to say something, and he honestly didn't know how to react when the Dwarf mentioned 'Drow', mostly because he didn't really know what that was, and so right now Richard couldn't help but ask "Wait, what is a Drow anyway?".

26 minutes ago, Cronos5010 said:

As a chivalrous and technically honorable Paladin, Richard noted the ragged state of her clothing as he examined her form as thoroughly as possible with his eyes, he needed to be certain that she didn't have any hidden weapons or stolen possessions on her person you see, and the bit where he would look at the bits of her mix and match clothing that was a little bit too....tight longer than he looked at her other bits was purely incidental. In the end of it all he could draw no other conclusions other than the fact that she would need a completely and utterly different outfit, although he wasn't quite sure what it should be made out of other than say....leather.

He suddenly realized that he had been staring at her for a little too long and said "Oh really now? And exactly what were you asking?".

He was caught off guard when the man actually woke up enough to say something, and he honestly didn't know how to react when the Dwarf mentioned 'Drow', mostly because he didn't really know what that was, and so right now Richard couldn't help but ask "Wait, what is a Drow anyway?".

Ragash relaxed a bit more her grip loosing from her crystal since the man wasn't taking any aggressive moves towards her. Well unless you count those eyes of his lingering she knew what that meant. As the dwarf started to talk again she tried listened to him tell the man spoke again. His comment even made her give him a "really" look.  

"Well I was asking him about the heroes who saved this town, and a drow are elves who look like me." she said a little annoyed as she lowered her hood a little so the man could she her better. "Also" she smiles coyly at the man "I'm not in the mood for that tonight so you can stop staring." she finished before turning back to the dwarf. 

"So is Illavrra still around somewhere,and what was she like?" she asked the dwarf trying to learn as much as she could about this other drow

4 minutes ago, rustytengo said:

Ragash relaxed a bit more her grip loosing from her crystal since the man wasn't taking any aggressive moves towards her. Well unless you count those eyes of his lingering she knew what that meant. As the dwarf started to talk again she tried listened to him tell the man spoke again. His comment even made her give him a "really" look.  

"Well I was asking him about the heroes who saved this town, and a drow are elves who look like me." she said a little annoyed as she lowered her hood a little so the man could she her better. "Also" she smiles coyly at the man "I'm not in the mood for that tonight so you can stop staring." she finished before turning back to the dwarf. 

"So is Illavrra still around somewhere,and what was she like?" she asked the dwarf trying to learn as much as she could about this other drow

Richard didn't actually know what she meant by "that", but he generally assumed that it had something to do with not wanting to cause any trouble and simply decided to ask "Well sorry about that, I have never heard of Drow before, and I was simply curious...my name is Richard by the way, may i ask for your name Miss...?".

@Cool Girl

No matter what happens Richard would calmly walk back to Althea and say "Just a particularly drunk Dwarf and a curious Drow in need of a new outfit, I don't think that they will cause any trouble tonight, although if you want another glass of ale you should probably order it now, before the Dwarf drinks all of it".

to Ragash

"No........ the heroes split up after the war.................... and Illavrra was.... indescribable.... she managed to raise the name of the Drow, around these parts, out of the mud."
"Why do you want to know............ little girl?"

even though i was playing my heart out with the other bard i always look for "interesting" people with whom i could possibly get a good story from... or even better a story worthy adventure so far the blue skinned drow ( i am guessing spell caster due to the blue skin) the paladin ( his shield kind of gives it away) and the lady the paladin talked to (possible adventure party starting there or already there) 

Spoiler

Richard wondered exactly how the Bard caused his instrument to make those tortured sounds, or why they had decided to take their devil music inside of this specific tavern.

It was a bit of a mood ruiner to be honest, and he found himself having to strain his ears to listen to what Althea was saying.

But he tried to continue the conversation anyway by saying "So Althea...what do you think about this town? I haven't really been here before, and I didn't have the time to explore", he wanted to get her to talk about any interesting landmarks she might have gone to in the area, because it seemed like a good way to revive the conversation, and who knows...maybe tomorrow they could go to one together.

I casually walk up to the Bowman and say "pardon me, not one to eavesdrop but I couldn't help overhear about your recent deer problem. Has any event like that happened in the towns past? I was looking to settle in the area but it needs to be safe and bountiful if I am to make a home." Then I take a swig of my ale as I listen intently

12 hours ago, lifesapity said:

to Althae

"Oh yes, please that would be wonderful! :D "

10 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

@Cool Girl

No matter what happens Richard would calmly walk back to Althea and say "Just a particularly drunk Dwarf and a curious Drow in need of a new outfit, I don't think that they will cause any trouble tonight, although if you want another glass of ale you should probably order it now, before the Dwarf drinks all of it".

"XD, I think I'm good for now" At first, she was concerned for the dwarf and wanted to see if she could help treat him, but she trusted Richard and just stood in her seat.

3 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

Richard wondered exactly how the Bard caused his instrument to make those tortured sounds, or why they had decided to take their devil music inside of this specific tavern.

It was a bit of a mood ruiner to be honest, and he found himself having to strain his ears to listen to what Althea was saying.

But he tried to continue the conversation anyway by saying "So Althea...what do you think about this town? I haven't really been here before, and I didn't have the time to explore", he wanted to get her to talk about any interesting landmarks she might have gone to in the area, because it seemed like a good way to revive the conversation, and who knows...maybe tomorrow they could go to one together.

I'm not sure what to think of this town. I mean, I haven't really checked anything out. Although, how far is Sayre. 'Cause if it is pretty far, we'll have to stock up on supplies. You know, food, medicine, maybe you'll need paladin stuff. So here's the plan. It's getting late, so all the shops are closed for sure. I suggest we rest up and then early tomorrow morning, we'll stock up and then leave. Does that sound like a good plan?"

now that the tavern is calming down ( either by going to their bed or passed out drunk) i stop playing and take a bow and take a look to see if i got any donations and share it with the other bard and ask her " if you ever have need of me while i am still in town, i shall be in this tavern, oh and my name is Yisan Rednaw."

6 minutes ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

now that the tavern is calming down ( either by going to their bed or passed out drunk) i stop playing and take a bow and take a look to see if i got any donations and share it with the other bard and ask her " if you ever have need of me while i am still in town, i shall be in this tavern, oh and my name is Yisan Rednaw."

Althea notices that he finished his performance and decides to give him at tip in front of him on the ground.

On 6/17/2017 at 5:53 PM, Cool Girl said:

Althea notices that he finished his performance and decides to give him at tip in front of him on the ground.

Yisan says " many thanks m'lady, and may you days be most fruitful and filled with blessings." and bows  flamboyantly again.

2 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

"Oh yes, please that would be wonderful! :D "

"XD, I think I'm good for now" At first, she was concerned for the dwarf and wanted to see if she could help treat him, but she trusted Richard and just stood in her seat.

I'm not sure what to think of this town. I mean, I haven't really checked anything out. Although, how far is Sayre. 'Cause if it is pretty far, we'll have to stock up on supplies. You know, food, medicine, maybe you'll need paladin stuff. So here's the plan. It's getting late, so all the shops are closed for sure. I suggest we rest up and then early tomorrow morning, we'll stock up and then leave. Does that sound like a good plan?"

Richard had a pleased look on his face after seeing Althea smile and hearing her laugh, and he honestly couldn't resist saying "I wish I was an Elf, because I doubt I'll be able to sleep after seeing your smile."

After hearing Althea talk about ending the evening and asking him about Sayre he did what anyone would do to close a wonderful evening with a beautiful lady, and that is resist the urge to do anything weird as much as possible, and stick with the old knightly standby of kissing a lady hand as gently as possible.

He had a smile on his face as he said "It is decently far to the north, and yes I feel that it would be wise to try and turn in for the evening, we will need our strength to deal with whatever comes our way tomorrow....I will meet you in front of the bar tomorrow then Miss Althea".

He slowly and surely walked over to the bartender and paid the man for the food he had ordered and consumed, and made sure to leave a more generous than usual tip along with his payment, he was feeling awfully happy tonight. This state of mind did not stop him from tipping the spoony bard a mere 1 Sp.

2 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

Richard had a pleased look on his face after seeing Althea smile and hearing her laugh, and he honestly couldn't resist saying "I wish I was an Elf, because I doubt I'll be able to sleep after seeing your smile."

After hearing Althea talk about ending the evening and asking him about Sayre he did what anyone would do to close a wonderful evening with a beautiful lady, and that is resist the urge to do anything weird as much as possible, and stick with the old knightly standby of kissing a lady hand as gently as possible.

He had a smile on his face as he said "It is decently far to the north, and yes I feel that it would be wise to try and turn in for the evening, we will need our strength to deal with whatever comes our way tomorrow....I will meet you in front of the bar tomorrow then Miss Althea".

He slowly and surely walked over to the bartender and paid the man for the food he had ordered and consumed, and made sure to leave a more generous than usual tip along with his payment, he was feeling awfully happy tonight. This state of mind did not stop him from tipping the spoony bard a mere 1 Sp.

Alright, then I'll meet you in the front of the bar tomorrow morning. I have to warn you though, I probably oversleep, so if I accidentally sleep in, try and wake me up please! XD

As Richard is about to leave, she gives him a passionate kiss on the lips and waves goodbye. "Hey, don't forget the food you ordered too XD"

to Yautja
"Not that I can remember, but something must of scared them into hiding... or ate them..." the elf replies.

To Everyone
As you plan to leave...
You notice the atmosphere over the course of the night has steadily increased as per normal, however over the last minute it has reached a fever pitch. You swear you hear a woman scream outside just as, the town bells start ringing.
The gentle hubbub of an evening at the Antler and Thistle tavern is then shattered by the crack of the front door flying off its hinges to land amid the nearest tables. Five goblins rush into the bar, swords outstretched in an attempt skewer the nearest bar patrons. “For Sinruth! For the Red Hand!” they cry.

Spoiler

@rustytengo @Jace Stormkirk @Cool Girl @DragonRage @Cronos5010 @Megagun
Roll Initiative
(using Roll20 type "/roll 1d20 + (your dex mod)"

Edited by lifesapity

1 hour ago, lifesapity said:

to Yautja
"Not that I can remember, but something must of scared them into hiding... or ate them..." the elf replies.

To Everyone
As you plan to leave...
You notice the atmosphere over the course of the night has steadily increased as per normal, however over the last minute it has reached a fever pitch. You swear you hear a woman scream outside just as, the town bells start ringing.
The gentle hubbub of an evening at the Antler and Thistle tavern is then shattered by the crack of the front door flying off its hinges to land amid the nearest tables. Five goblins rush into the bar, swords outstretched in an attempt skewer the nearest bar patrons. “For Sinruth! For the Red Hand!” they cry.

Reveal hidden contents

@rustytengo @Jace Stormkirk @Cool Girl @DragonRage @Cronos5010 @Megagun
Roll Initiative
(using Roll20 type "/roll 1d20 + (your dex mod)"

2 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

Alright, then I'll meet you in the front of the bar tomorrow morning. I have to warn you though, I probably oversleep, so if I accidentally sleep in, try and wake me up please! XD

As Richard is about to leave, she gives him a passionate kiss on the lips and waves goodbye. "Hey, don't forget the food you ordered too XD"

In a perfect world Richard would have had the time to make a comment about being unable to not want to help her sleep tonight with as innocent of a smile he could muster, and following up with an equally passionate kiss immediately afterwards. Because as a Human man he honestly can't help but say those silly little words.

Rather unfortunately the already struggling romantic mood was ruined by the arrival of a quintet of angry goblins, and there was no time, and no words that could be said to Althea but the good old "M'lady, I think it's time for me to fight for your honor!".

He drew his longsword and moved as quickly as possible towards the nearest goblin while shouting something along the lines of "Death to the mortals!".

((OOC: I can't access r20's features right now due to phone so if somebody could roll initiative for me and/or tell me which goblin is closer that would help speed this up))

Edited by Cronos5010
THEY ARE EVIL AND WILL SOON BE DEAD

Ragash was about to ask the dwarf a question but then the door burst open. Upon seeing the goblins and there attempt to stab people near them which was her she yells at the old dwarf to move as she scrambles away (if she can) while cursing up a storm in Orc which translate to something around  "God damn runts and they stink so bad i should of smelled them a mile away." well pulling out her crystal once she gets to a safe distance she turn to face them and cast Fire Bolt on the closest one if she is able to if not she moves far enough away that they can't get her.