[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

4 hours ago, lifesapity said:

To Everyone
As you plan to leave...
You notice the atmosphere over the course of the night has steadily increased as per normal, however over the last minute it has reached a fever pitch. You swear you hear a woman scream outside just as, the town bells start ringing.
The gentle hubbub of an evening at the Antler and Thistle tavern is then shattered by the crack of the front door flying off its hinges to land amid the nearest tables. Five goblins rush into the bar, swords outstretched in an attempt skewer the nearest bar patrons. “For Sinruth! For the Red Hand!” they cry.

Reveal hidden contents

@rustytengo @Jace Stormkirk @Cool Girl @DragonRage @Cronos5010 @Megagun
Roll Initiative
(using Roll20 type "/roll 1d20 + (your dex mod)"

Althea was surprised by the five goblins. She notices that they say "For Sinruth! For the Red Hand!" She wondered "Who's Sinruth?" and what is "The Red Hand?" But she knows that now isn't the time to think about that. We are under attack, we have to focus!" she thought to herself.

2 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

In a perfect world Richard would have had the time to make a comment about being unable to not want to help her sleep tonight with as innocent of a smile he could muster, and following up with an equally passionate kiss immediately afterwards. Because as a Human man he honestly can't help but say those silly little words.

Rather unfortunately the already struggling romantic mood was ruined by the arrival of a quintet of angry goblins, and there was no time, and no words that could be said to Althea but the good old "M'lady, I think it's time for me to fight for your honor!".

He drew his longsword and moved as quickly as possible towards the nearest goblin while shouting something along the lines of "Death to the mortals!".

((OOC: I can't access r20's features right now due to phone so if somebody could roll initiative for me and/or tell me which goblin is closer that would help speed this up))

Althea smiled as Richard said "M'lady, I think it's time for me to fight for your honor!"

She then responds by saying: "Alright, what do I do? Do I hide or stay put? Also, I'll heal any wounded and build barriers to protect them. Just let me know if you see an injured or someone who needs protection!" Althea said with confidence.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Cool Girl said:

Althea was surprised by the five goblins. She notices that they say "For Sinruth! For the Red Hand!" She wondered "Who's Sinruth?" and what is "The Red Hand?" But she knows that now isn't the time to think about that. We are under attack, we have to focus!" she thought to herself.

Althea smiled as Richard said "M'lady, I think it's time for me to fight for your honor!"

She then responds by saying: "Alright, what do I do? Do I hide or stay put? Also, I'll heal any wounded and build barriers to protect them. Just let me know if you see an injured or someone who needs protection!" Althea said with confidence.

Richard was honestly too busy trying to get his legs to drive him closer to an enemy he could hit with his sword to say anything other than "Please stay put!". 

As chaos that erupts in the tavern, the halfling doesn't miss a step.
In a fit of rage he yells "Found the Culprits!" before moving over and throwing his Javelin at the first interloper with a fierce roar!

Spoiler

@Megagun Make an attack roll and damage roll using roll20 with your javelin, and pm me after.

Edited by lifesapity

The javelin hits the leading goblin right in the center of mass, it lets outs a scream as it flies back, with the force of the blow, a good 5ft before hitting the ground. Unmoving.
The male half-elf bard, strums on his Harp, while muttering under his breath. Suddenly two of the goblins seems to stumble and become a little more clumsy.

Chaos takes hold in the bar.
Taking the opportunity presented by the bard and barbarian, the little girl scoots under the table and runs towards the barman while screaming. The Acolyte of Ioun doing her best to follow.
The barman grabs an axe from underneath the counter and moves forward to protect them. He yells to the acolyte, "Jalissa, take my daughter and my wife and get them somewhere safe."
The four friends drunkenly stumble over each other and end up in a heap on the floor.
The dwarf somehow gets up and stumbles in front of the Drow taking up a defensive stance "COME GET IT YA BASTARDS" he yells.
The female bard doesn't seem to be sure what to do and backs into the corner.
The elven hunter rounds the corner of the fireplace with his bow raised, and fires a shot, but only manages to hits the wall. His friend heads for the far corner.
The Card players start grabbing the money off their table.
Just as Helga pokes her head out of the kitchen and screams her lungs out.

Spoiler

@Jace Stormkirk If you want to move, feel free to do so.
@Cool Girl you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character on roll20 up to 6 squares (12 if you want to take the dash action and not cast a spell/attack))

Edited by lifesapity

On 6/18/2017 at 7:50 AM, lifesapity said:

The javelin hits the leading goblin right in the center of mass, it lets outs a scream as it flies back, with the force of the blow, a good 5ft before hitting the ground. Unmoving.
The male half-elf bard, strums on his Harp, while muttering under his breath. Suddenly two goblins of the goblins seems to stumble and become a little more clumsy.

Taking the opportunity presented by the bard and barbarian, the little girl scoots under the table and runs towards the barman while screaming. The Acolyte of Ioun doing her best to follow.
The barman grabs an axe from underneath the counter and moves forward to protect them. He yells to the acolyte, "Jalissa, take my daughter and my wife and get them somewhere safe."
The four friends drunkenly stumble over each other and end up in a heap on the floor.
The dwarf somehow gets up and stumbles in front of the Drow taking up a defensive stance "COME GET IT YA BASTARDS" he yells.
The elven hunter rounds the corner of the fireplace with his bow raised, and fires a shot, but only manages to hits the wall. His friend heads for the far corner.

Reveal hidden contents

@Cool Girl you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20.

i am casting bane on the 3 goblins closest to me. i do not need to move. Yisan say. " that was a dumb. one should know never to interrupt a true bard."

8 hours ago, lifesapity said:

The male half-elf bard, strums on his Harp, while muttering under his breath. Suddenly two of the goblins seems to stumble and become a little more clumsy.

Reveal hidden contents

@Cool Girl you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character on roll20 up to 6 squares (12 if you want to take the dash action and not cast a spell/attack))

Althea could no longer stay put. She then remembers that she had sleep medicine, which when ingested or inhaled, 'causes sleep. She wanted them alive in order to interrogate them. So, she got the idea to throw sleep medicine at them. It has a very strong smell and when inhaled can cause sleep. So, she decided to hide behind the bar (see where I moved myself on the roll20 map) to scream at the top of her lungs: "EVERYBODY, HOLD YOUR BREATH RIGHT NOW!" and she then throws it at the four goblins remaining in hopes that it'll make them fall asleep. She then runs to Helga to protect her and hides with her for a while.

As Althae throws the vile of medicine two of the goblins heed her warning and hold their breath, while the other two don't seem to notice among all the screaming.
One of the two goblins seem to be to filled with adrenaline and resists the effect, the other however seems slightly groggy.

The leading goblin vaults the nearest table, to attack the paladin however the vault put it off balance and it swings wide.
The slightly groggy goblin moves up barman and strikes him across the chest with his scimitar, badly wounding him.
The goblin nearest to the dwarf takes a swing but whatever the bard did to him seems to give the dwarf the advantage and he evades the blow.
The goblin nearest to the wall moves along it and skewers one of the four friends piled up on the floor, killing him instantly, causing the other three to scream in terror.

One more goblin enters the room through the door, and with a crash another enters through the northern window.

Outside you see a couple more goblins chasing people through the streets.

Spoiler

@rustytengo you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

"Damnit old man you better not die you still have a story to tell me after this." Ragash says to the dwarf as she steps away from the goblins and the street seeing the two new goblins enter the tavern she shakers her head "Stupid runts causing problem i i'm going to roast them. She looks at the one that has just entered through the window. She yells at it in orc "hey runt catch" as she throws a bolt of fire at it.

(aka i cast fire bolt at the goblin that jsut came in through the window. after moving)

What the hell is going on?! Althea wondered to herself

"God dang it! And I was really hoping it would work!" as Althea said that, she felt terribly guilty that it didn't work out. "Hey guys, one's groggy, while you still can, tie him up and knock him out! I at least need one alive" She then cries, but tries to remain strong.

Edited by Cool Girl
Forgot something

As the goblin leaps through the window the firebolt catches him straight in the head, he doesn't even get time to react and falls to the floor limp.

Spoiler

@DragonRage you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Ragash smiles triumphantly as the goblin falls dead. "Haha, burn you stupid runt." She says before addressing the people near the windows."Get away from the windows you drunken fools or your going to bring more in on us." she yells at them hoping to get them to move away from danger.

Edited by rustytengo

The goblin screams at the approaching monk.
You all manage to notice, now the surprise has died down, the goblins each have an emblem featuring an upside down red fist on their amour.

Spoiler

@Cronos5010 you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

Richard notices how the Goblin ahead of him has made a tactical error by charging towards the guy in chainmail and carrying a large sword instead of attacking literally anyone else, and he attempts to showcase this by slashing at the goblin with his longsword wielded in two hands.

He also noticed Althea attempting to stop herself from crying after seeing a man die horribly, and he honestly couldn't think of anything to say, battle is a terrible thing and you can't always save everyone.

The paladin swings wide, not expecting the goblin to be quite so nimble, who manages to duck inside the swing, evading it easily.

Spoiler

End of Round 1.
Back to the top of the round.
@Megagun you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

Spoiler
Spoiler

totals are 18 to hit, 9 on damage...off to work I go

I pull out another Javelin from my back, and after moving around the room a bit, I throw my weapon, fast as lightning, towards the goblin near the bumbling fools in a pile as I yell "TAKE COVER DRUNKARDS!"

Edited by Megagun

Just as the goblin was preparing to kill another civilian, a javelin tears through his jugular. He falls to the floor bleeding out.
The drunk looks at the goblin that is now lying on him in horror.
The other two drunks nod to the halfing in acknowledgement.

Spoiler

@Jace Stormkirk you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

Yisan raises his rapier and says "time to know the folly of challenging a true bard" and attack the goblin blocking my way outside

i then proceed to sing an inspirational song to motivate the paladin (basically i used one of my bardic inspiration on the paladin)

Yisan's rapier strikes true and fells the goblin next to him.
The Barman's Daughter, Wife (Barmaid) and the Acolyte of Ioun quickly move through the door in the back of the corridor.
The Elf takes a shot at the goblin harassing the the Barman, and strikes him in the chest causing the goblin to scream in pain.
The Barman takes the opportunity, following Althea's direction, and manages to knock the same goblin out cold, with the haft of his axe. Though he is still badly wounded.

The Elderly Dwarf holds his ground to stop any goblins getting to the Drow.
Two of the drunk friends follow Yautja's order and moves to the back corner, the third seems too terrified to move.

Spoiler

You could try an Intimidation or Persuasion check to get him on his feet. (Or anything else you could think of to snap him out of it)

The Elven Archer's friend gets into the corner and hides beneath the table.
The Three Card players have entered a panic, they look to be about to try run for an exit.

Spoiler

You could try an Intimidation or Persuasion check to stop them. (Or anything else you could think of)

to Richard
The Bard's song fills you with strength. (One time may add 1d6 to any d20 roll you make within 10 minutes)

Spoiler

@Cool Girl you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

Althea wipes her tears and enters serious mode. She drags the unconscious goblin (see map). She then focuses on healing the bartender: "You're lucky. He barely missed your heart." After she finishes healing the bartender, she then tells him: "Can you tie him up please? That way, he won't get away" she asks the barman.

She wants to attack more goblins, but after seeing how that went when she threw the sleep medicine, she decided it's better to stay put and focus on healing the injured.

Edited by Cool Girl
Forgot something

The barman runs his hand along where the wound across his chest used to be. "Thanks lass, I owe you a drink when this is all over. I Don't have anything to tie him up, but if he stirs I will just give him a crack over the head again."

The goblins outside slay one of the 4 running townsfolk and chase the rest around the corner.
The Goblin next to the paladin screeches and takes a swing, but it bounces harmlessly off his armor.
Another Goblin advances and strikes the monk leaving a bleeding gash. (4 damage)
Two more Goblins enter the front door, each holding a flask filled with a viscous Alchemical mixture, and each of them throw one at the nearby tables, which suddenly erupt in flame. Causing the Barman to shout in alarm.
Lastly you hear, the smash of glass followed by three ear splitting shrieks through the door the three woman ran through (highlighted purple on the map)

Spoiler

@rustytengo you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity

Ragash Curses something in orc as the fires start and the screams are heard. she looks over to teh guys at the Card table "Don't you dare try and run all you will do is end up as a stain on the ground you damnable idots." she yells at them. 

she then moves towards the sound of battle seh can't quite get to where the screams where coming from but she sees and elf and the guy from before an idea pops in her head. "Elf and what was you name.....Richard the man with lingering eyes we can handle this runts go check on the screams."she yells at them as she flings a fire bolt at the goblin Richard was fighting.

The Drow seems to scare two of the three card players into staying put. The third still looks on the edge.
The fire bolt slams into the shoulder of the goblin the paladin is facing up against, burning it severely, causing it to scream in agony.

Spoiler

@DragonRage  you are up, post what you want to do and make any rolls necessary on roll20 (You can also move your character around on the battle map)

Edited by lifesapity