V9 - Bug Reporting Thread

Jan

3 hours ago, kingofthenexus said:

Hey,

I'm having a weird error with the move Air Slash, which is always coming up as "Not very effective", both on pokemon it should be super effective against and pokemon it should be neutral against. I'm currently going through Deep Terajuma Jungle for the first time, and  this just started for me after the event where the two rangers warp away on the pads and you're forced to continue through the jungle. I'm really not sure what could have caused it. Any help is appreciated, you guys are the best. Game file attached

Game.rxdata

As BRS swag stated, air slash and cutting like moves (like cut) mimic cutting a tree down in this field, thus turning the move into a grass type one.

Edited by Quinnox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, BRS swag said:

Air slash becomes grass type in forest field, i guess. That must be the reason

5 hours ago, Quinnox said:

As BRS swag stated, air slash and cutting like moves (like cut) mimic cutting a tree down in this field, thus turning the move into a grass type one.

Wow, I hadn't even thought that could be a reason, since no text came up before the move was used like it does for cut. Thanks, though now i feel silly haha.

It should actually say something like "The tree slammed on the foe [insertanypokemonnamehere], the same that it does for cut.

Edit: I just checked. It doesn't say anything. But it is grass type in forests because it hit my swampert for a super effective damage and the only type that can launch a super-effective damage on water/ground type pokemon is grass

Edited by BRS swag

2 minutes ago, BRS swag said:

It should actually say something like "The tree slammed on the foe [insertanypokemonnamehere], the same that it does for cut.

Yeah, nothing comes up when i use the move, just says not very effective at the end. And maybe im just lucky, but it seems to flinch a lot lol

yup, that is the secondary effect of air slash. A very nice move according to me. I guess the flinching has a 30% chance.

2 minutes ago, BRS swag said:

yup, that is the secondary effect of air slash. A very nice move according to me. I guess the flinching has a 30% chance.

Yeah, I knew about the flinching, it just seemed to happen way more than 30% lol. But like i said, maybe im just lucky. Thanks for all your help

On 6/23/2017 at 1:50 AM, Alphaverb said:

Decidueyes Hidden Ability "Long Reach" seems to be bugged, occasionally decidueye or its opponent miss 100% accuracy moves like leaf blade or sucker punch.

Fights were on forest field and decidueye was holding a miracle seed, if that helps anything...

Since i changed its ability to overgrow 100% accuracy moves never missed

I checked the field effect manual.Long Reach Pokemon suffer a x0.9 accuracy loss in the forest field.

Secret Power Effect Only gives Paralysis status.
All the time that I battled with Audino Trainers this attack only paralyzed my mons, never gave me Burn or Freeze.

ops my mistake....got confused with Tri-Attack and Secret Power. Ignore My Comment

Edited by Zetto

Hey, I'm not sure what this bug is, or if someone else has already reported this but i encountered this error code while fighting one of the Audino Breeders.

Exception: ArgumentError
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:4965:in `pbBurn'
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:4965:in `pbAdditionalEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:4404:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:4282:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:4282:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:5106:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:5058:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:5109:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:5902:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:5901:in `logonerr'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\User\Saved Games/Pokemon Rejuvenation/errorlog.txt.

59 minutes ago, XxSilentWinterxX said:

I was in Darchlight Woods, and when fighting against wild Shiinotic, any poison attack is rendered "not very effective" though normally they should be 4x effective given the grass/fairy typing. 

Poison Type moves are Neutral to Fairy and Grass in that field, I believe the field name is "Bewitched Woods"

• Developers

Reaching the area where I'm supposed to battle Florin for the Grass-type badge requires Surf and there is no way to switch my team before the battle. That means I'm down to five pokemon because I have to keep Brobarel. Please fix this, together with how underleveled I'm at this point + the fact that Florin has an overleveled Mega the fight is pretty much impossible to win.

4 hours ago, baldr said:

Reaching the area where I'm supposed to battle Florin for the Grass-type badge requires Surf and there is no way to switch my team before the battle. That means I'm down to five pokemon because I have to keep Brobarel. Please fix this, together with how underleveled I'm at this point + the fact that Florin has an overleveled Mega the fight is pretty much impossible to win.

This isn't really a bug this is a challenge you have to learn to overcome yourself. Grab a better water type that can learn surf (Oshawott is a possibility, you can get the lost one from the event with the beach in Darchlight), and train your Pokemon up. Nothing to be "fixed" here, as I was able to handle this fight with my team including my water type with Surf.

10 minutes ago, cody0807 said:

probably been said but sometimes when i soft reset the game doesnt load unless i soft reset a second time.

This seems to happen on all RPG maker games (at least Reborn, Spork, and Rejuvination), so it's probably a universal problem.

Can't actually figue out the solution for the arena with the poison tanks inside... Any advice? Once i get to the last room, orange ist accepted, but the white poison on the next step isn't accepted. 

White equals mixing all six poisontypes, right?

1 hour ago, Bloodhex said:

Can't actually figue out the solution for the arena with the poison tanks inside... Any advice? Once i get to the last room, orange ist accepted, but the white poison on the next step isn't accepted. 

White equals mixing all six poisontypes, right?

This may be able to help you https://brightside.me/article/the-ultimate-color-combinations-cheat-sheet-92405/ (if not then try searching around on the forums)

• Developers
14 hours ago, Quinnox said:

This isn't really a bug this is a challenge you have to learn to overcome yourself. Grab a better water type that can learn surf (Oshawott is a possibility, you can get the lost one from the event with the beach in Darchlight), and train your Pokemon up. Nothing to be "fixed" here, as I was able to handle this fight with my team including my water type with Surf.

Even if it's not a bug it's not a good challenge. It is very unfriendly to some custom runs. I suggest removing it.

Edited by baldr

Do you like Future Sight bugs, Jan? I do!

Future Sight is using the special attack of the Pokemon that is currently in the battle, rather than that of the user (and consequently is most likely not receiving STAB if used by a Psychic-type which is later switched into something of another type).

At least it isn't completely broken.