Which are the Pokémon that reborn made you love?

Anti_Hero

For me the Pokémon that I fell in love with thanks to this game were Gulpin, Drapion, and Magneton since they really helped me in certain points in the game.

Gulpin helped me with the early gyms and was a tank against that damn pulse Tangrowth.... still have nightmares of that thing lol and he really helped me against Cory.

Drapion really helped me beating the psychic gym leader and can be a bulky powerhouse at times on my teams.

And Magneton is pretty much a staple on my team as more of a safety button for the Dittoceus boss fight even if I don't plan on using him on my main teams during my runs.  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garbodor, Exploud and Vanilluxe.

I had never disliked any of them, I had just never really thought about putting them on my team. However in Reborn they were all hugely helpful and have remained in my rotation for the whole game. 

Competitive Meowstic for me, too. She was one of the most useful Pokémon on my psychic team, and every time an opponent triggered her ability I felt a little more smug.

In my first run, though, I'm guilty as charged of using only 'mons that were already favourites of mine.

While I don't exactly hate Beartic, it didn't manage to impress me. It's slow, and can't get crucial OHKOs and thus ends up getting K'Od first - if you either miraculously took a hit or managed to outspeed something. It's completely useless against Terra as well, as it's Icicle Crash is Special Attack thanks to Glitch Field. I would like to see the Gen 7 stat buffs implemented, that might help this poor polar bear.

For me it was Walrein.

At first i didn't appeal to much to him, but when i struggled with a certain fire type gym leader (before the nerfs) i decided to catch one and use it, and he completely destroyed 4 of her Pokemon. 

Ever since I have fallen in love with good old Walrein.

Zebrastrika-  While certainly not the best, this speedster did help out in crucial moments.  I always liked the design, but I already had Ampharos when I played Black 2 (and another electric type or two during Blaze Black 2).

Mamoswine-  Since I never played 4th gen, and then fully hopped back into Pokemon with 5th gen last year.  I never really liked Poliswine in Gen II, but I did see a few episodes of the 4th gen anime with Dawn's Mamoswine.  I tried it out and found out it's a complete monster.....it's the main reason I beat Ditto-rseus without spending an item like the focus sash.

Goomy/Goodra- Reborn is the first time I have ever tried breeding in a Pokemon game (mainly because of the IV/EV reader and the speed up button), and Goomy ended up being my first breeding project.  I still have yet to use one in battle (either in-game or against a player), but I grew attached to the slimy dragon through all the bike riding.

Pachurisu- While I didn't use the event Pachurisu during my first (only) run of the game, it has proven very helpful so far in my run of Reborn Hardcore (kind of stalled at the second gym due to temporary repeat-fatigue).  It can sure take a beating.

Sort of mentions: Espurr/Meostick, Pyroar, Panguro, and Greninja--- One of the main reasons I started Reborn in the first place was it's inclusion of almost all 6th gen mons so far, since I will probably never get to play the canon 6/7th generation games.  All of these caught my eye and I knew I wanted them for my in-game team.  Technically doesn't count, since I already loved something about them, but they deserve a mention.

Klinklang. What a beast he turned out to be. Especially on all the factory fields where you fight Meteor.

I didn't want to use such a stupid pokemon first, but by Arceus, has he proven his worth.

Special mention for Niobat/Noivern. I never even knew that pokemon until I got into Reborn (only ever played Gen1 and 2). At first he seemed strong. Early dragon. Then once I realized the effect of his utterly low stats, I tossed him aside. Only to rediscover Noivern's power later on, and now I have one in most of my teams.

Edited by Sirrobert

• Developers

Well considering all my Reborn playthroughs I really like Vaporeon, Espeon, Sylveon, Froslass, Heracross, Florges and Donphan. Probably nothing surprising.

My hatelist might raise some eyebrows but whatever. Because of Reborn I hate Ampharos, Greninja and Jynx.

On 2017-5-3 at 7:01 PM, luis said:

Vivilon gets coumpound eyes (raises accuracy by 30%) it also gets sleep powder (97,5%acc), hurricane(91%acc), bug buzz and quiver dance.

it really is a beast if it can outspeed the opponent, so it can put it to sleep, and set up.

also, if you want to be that guy, it can get iron defense+quiver dance+bug buzz/hurricane+ roost/draining kiss :D 

Need to try that :3 seems a pretty good pokemon

On 2017-5-3 at 7:05 PM, GS BALL said:

Trubbish family and i really, really hated that thing, ever since i first saw its artwork and presentation of concept... Reborn made me totally love it, though...

Also, pretty much all pokemon i hated before (mostly from gen 3 and gen 5), thanks to Reborn, i now love them! I love even Stunfisk (ewww)!

Stunfisk is love, Stinfisk is life 

38 minutes ago, baldr said:

Well considering all my Reborn playthroughs I really like Vaporeon, Espeon, Sylveon, Froslass, Heracross, Florges and Donphan. Probably nothing surprising.

My hatelist might raise some eyebrows but whatever. Because of Reborn I hate Ampharos, Greninja and Jynx.

Because they are overly popular? Actualy I hated jynx design ever since gen I, I made a ice mono... Without her I would never complete the mono...

Still the design is bad but the pokemon is quite good

• Developers
7 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:

Because they are overly popular? Actualy I hated jynx design ever since gen I, I made a ice mono... Without her I would never complete the mono...

Still the design is bad but the pokemon is quite good

Because they never lived up to their reputation for me.

• Veterans

No 1 is DEFINITELY Brobat. I already loved it's design and use in the main series games and it only amplified when using it in reborn. It's sooooo good. Love it.

TBH, Reborn made me dislike a lot of the pokemon I used a little because I scooped up types I needed that were available, which ended up being slow pokemon. The fastest thing on my team was my Charizard, then I had Ampharos, Golem, Drapion, Scrafty, and Beartic. And like the fool I was I never thought to just swap them out for better pokemon when they became available, I just stuck with what I had. I somehow beat every boss in the game with this team through the circus, Where after beating Ciel I finally said "screw this I need a new squad". So I went and caught 4 new pokemon for my team as well as a ton of other pokemon I missed out on. I scooped up a Galvantula to replace Ampharos, I got Flygon to replace Golem, I grabbed Lapras to give my team some bulk and replace Beartic, and I kept Charizard and Scrafty. But the big one was Metagross, who replaced Drapion. This thing swept Adrienn (who I don't think would have been that hard anyways but he did defeat all of my pokemon except Metagross). That gave Metagross a lot more of my attention, since even when I used him in Omega Ruby he didn't leave me like "Woah, Metagross man". But in a game where I struggled through every gym (bar the first one and the dark gym) that sweep was quite a treat and made me respect Metagross a lot more than I used to (also, he's shiny, and I didn't have a ghost type when I went to catch him so I had to watch 3 shiny beldum kill themselves before I caught one, but at least he made up for it in the end).

Noivern solely due to how much time I spent training it to evolve from Noibat which is pretty ironic because if there's a Pokemon that Reborn taught me to hate, then it would definitely be Noibat.

Clawncher, Arcanine, Kricketune, Goldeen, Numel/Camerupt, Clefable, Swellow, Meowstic, and quite a few I’m not remembering at the moment.

Rejuvenation also made me appreciate Delphox, Magnezone, Ditto (in battle), Sudowoodo, Loudred, Misdreavus, Trevenant, Floatzel, Golem, and Haxorus.

Medicham...

I used to think they're just meh, but after seeing mine straight up OHKOing PULSE Magnezone and Emboar without taking any hits made me love my Medicham who i named kiki

Pelliper for an easy early game (bulky, useful typing, has mist to get rid of op field effects, good against anything not named Julia early on)

A bit later on that has to be Archeops for me, thing is crazy useful. Rock slide hits hard in general and is especially good for for all the double battles, acrobatics (later fly+leftovers) oneshots anything that doesnt resist it or has high defense, endeavor for pulse/boss battles or when it survives on low hp, and knock off for getting rid of pesky items and oneshotting psychics and ghosts. As of ep 16 it can even learn stealth rock.

Edit : forgot about goldeen/seaking, goldeen is actually really good early on with lightning rod (lol@ julia) and when it evolves it learns waterfall which is very strong at that point in the game, that mon made my last playthroughs early game a joke.

Edited by Jibs

I bred a shiny Lucario in E14 which at the time, the sprite had ki aura and was black and maroon. It looked so sick that even though I had better offensive physical options, I still ran with that stupid swords-dance + extremespeed + hi jump kick set.

Come E15 (or E16), the sprite changes to light blue and silver. I was so disappointed.

Gastrodon has delivered the most surprising results for me so far. While I did not consider it a particularly bad pokemon, I wasn't expecting it to be quite as powerful and versatile at it is. Other than how Gastrodon's Storm Drain allows it to nullify water attacks for its teammates, Gastrodon's 92 base special attack can also allow it to strike back fairly well: I in particular remember how it survived survived the first turn against the fire gym leader and KO'd both of her lead pokemon in return. Gastrodon's bulk also makes it a great switch-in in general if you want to use healing items. (Yes, I'm a scumbag)

The nidoran male line (with hustle/sheer force) also comes to mind. Nidoran male requires a bit of patience to obtain from the game corner, but can be evolved with a single levelup and evolved further with a moon stone the moment you get it.  Afterwards. It has a limited movepool when you first get it, but gradually becomes very versatile on account of nidorino/nidoking obtaining additional type coverage both from levelup (Earth power, Megahorn) and TM (Surf, Sludge wave, Flamethrower) moves.

Finally, I'd like to mention sneasel. I would usually be averse to using an unevolved pokemon this late ingame, but against the flying gym its speed, ice typing and field boost from icicle crash proved instrumental in winning. It also outsped and OHKO'd Solaris' garchomp, if that counts. In the short period before it evolves, it can be surprisingly useful.

Camerupt. I was never a fan of it, thought it was weak and wasn't visually appealing. But when I decided to use it temporarily in reborn... "Temporarily" turned into the entire game until just after Ciel. Funny enough, I misspelled his name as well. Meant to name him "Maxie" but forgot the x and named him "Maie" Perhaps he'll see a return to my team when we can mega evolve. (His mega stone is already available, he is so close to returning)

I am usually one who'd rather have fast pokèmon so I almost never considered Bronzong in the official games. However, in this game i found it to be really helpful: good resistance, special moves boosted by calm mind and its heal block often came in hand. It was crucial in my battle against Ciel's mega Altaria. 

Another one I used and which Turned out to be really helpful was Ninetales with his Draught ability, edpecially against Blake and Luna. I never used it in any other pokemon game.