Which are the Pokémon that reborn made you love?

Anti_Hero

Froakie, Espurr, Gulpin, Budew, my early squad right in the beginning. It was the first time I ever played with them and I loved them. I'm still using Greninja, Meowstic, and Roserade at the end of E16, although Meowstic and Roserade have just been moved to reserves. I totally did not expect to like Gulpin or Swalot at all, but I warmed up after seeing how useful his Acid Spray and Yawn were. Still using Swalot in Rejuvenation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Growlith/Arcanine. Amazing ability being intimidate for both single and double battles. Solid move pool and a great type. I always knew how good the pokemon was in the main series games, but here it shines even more. 

I always loved Crobat.Seeing Corey's crobat made me like it more.Pokemon reborn was the first game where i used crobat.Crobat is the fastest pokemon i ever had in any game.Funny thing is i named my crobat "Corey".I like it more because of the move acrobatics.My crobat alone KOed all 6 of Samson's pokemon while being under levelled and took out 4 of Ciel's pokemons including Archeops and Mega Alteria.I now use it in every game i play.

Jumpluff. Hoppip looks kinda useless, and doesn't really come online until it learns Acrobatics (its main STAB) at level 34. It also learns U-turn at 49, which is amazing. It is hands down one of the best stall setters I've used (though, to be fair, I usually don't play stall teams). Sleep Powder + Leech Seed + U-turn allow it to basically handle any problem, and it has amazing synergy with another pokemon I learned to love: 

Whimsicott. I never really played the official games past gen 3, so Reborn had a ton of new ones for me to experiment with. Prankster Whimsicott is amazing. Encore is less useful in Reborn since the AI rarely sets up, but SubSeed is still a great combo. It's also fast, meaning its Energy Ball will usually outspeed your opponent anyway, making it a great revenge killer. And because Jumpluff is so good at setting up Leech Seed, the two are amazing together. 

Castform. The little weather ball is one of my favorites aesthetically, but he has terrible stats. But Castform is a hidden gem in Reborn, able to turn things to your advantage by setting up favorable weather, or completely nullifying your opponent's field by making a Rainbow Field (caused by using Sunny Day while its raining, or vice versa). Weather Ball also gets a boost in a Rainbow Field. 

Heatmor and beartic.

Heatmor i always liked his design and decided to give it a try and it didnt disapointed me.
Beartic was before shade gym fight, i went in the cave and found a level 40 beartic decided to try is and it was one of my best againg ciel and even against charlotte.

Helioptile. Although it's more of an error abuse. Electrify (which affects EVERY Pokemon on the field, although that's not how it really works) , when combined with a partner mon with Lightningrod/Volt Absorb, pretty much allowed me to steamroll most double battles (even against Ground types, I simply need a partner mon with Soak).

My 6th gen monogen thread appears to have been deleted with the site update, but if it still existed you'd be able to read all about Strawberry the badass Slurpuff.

Spoiler alert:  He's badass.

Other spoiler alert:  He took down Solaris' Garchomp (almost) single-handedly

Third spoiler alert:  He took down the infamous Mega Rayquaza glitch almost single-handedly too

Trubbish!! Such an ace pokemon for the first 3 gyms when the options are limited. I personally made a post once explaining it's power after using it in the beginning a few runs. Easy to get good IVs w it's commoness as well.

I see a few people feel the same. 

As a less prominent, I really like using Vileplume. Sleep powder+ toxic is clutch.