Izumi Kurosawa; Outside The Psychedelic Pirate

Kurosawa swayed forwards to the bouncer with ever-so-inebriated giggles and the kind of coquettish smile that made her want to shoot herself for even considering it, let alone actually carrying it out. Really, between the choice of this, and helping shoot up those officers, she'd almost pick the latter. Almost. But what did she know? They could have a reason for attacking the guy, brutal as it may be, and besides, what would she do? Gun them down right then and there? Don't be ridiculous. And so here she was now, just had to blurt out the lines and hope they buy it. At least, she thinks that's what she's hoping for. If it doesn't work, well, at least she'll have reason to not even bother next time.

"Hiyee~!" She started the conversation playing with her hair, trying to resist the urge to just tear it out instead. "Did you guys let in a Quinn and a Harley in there? I was meant to meet up with them here but, Davidson er, delayed" A bout of giggling and self-loathing ensues. "-me~ So I think they might have gone in without me."

Edited by Empiricist

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katsuo

Katsuo thought about not liking bars. He thought it very long and hard. Getting dropped off here with the book idiot wasn't helping either. He wouldn't have minded if it had been someone worth caring about, but here he was basically just sitting and waiting for something that mattered to happen. In other words he wasn't going to be of much use without a fight. Gwaedu seemed to be sleeping, she did that sometimes. She was doing it more and more often recently. He was worried something might be wrong. Not that he could do anything to check, nobody was around to run diagnostics for him. If she failed he was more or less on his own, no way he could wake Lleaud without her.

Psymund

The woman turns her head slightly to face Psymund, and she made an audible yawn "A chat? I'm sorry, but I don't talk about business to random strangers", she picks up her duffel bag and walks towards another, more private looking room, and motions for Psymund to follow her.

Edmond

The barman glances at Edmond for a moment, and takes the pen like device and slots it into the cashier, he waits for a few moments until an almost inaudible ding sound was heard. The bartender takes out an old fashioned glass, and gingerly takes out several pristine looking ice cubes and places them inside of the glass. He then opens an ornate looking whiskey bottle with the words "Islay single malt" written on it, and pours a tiny amount of it inside of the old fashioned glass, just enough to fill a quarter of the glass.
The barman coughs and slides the glass slightly towards Edmond "The whiskey in this glass is undiluted, and made with real alcohol, a quarter of a glass is worth 100 nuyen, your credstick is worth 11 glasses right now", the man types in something into his cash register, and hands the 'credstick' over to Edmond "Your 'friend' should be waiting in the private lounge, although I must say....why would the laughing man hire you?".

Halley

"Pyramids, books, laughing men, and seas of blood" Solomon flips his book onto another page "But of course I never fully trust the tweed gentlemen anymore".

Izumi

The bouncer stares at Izumi, he continues to stare at Izumi, he coughs repeatedly while saying "Nononononoonono, drek, I would actually prefer it if you just say the words, although I must say that I find it weird that the first idea that comes into your mind is to pretend to be a woman of loose morals".

Theodore

The band has already stopped playing by the time Theodore obtains his beer from the bartender, and for some odd reason the bartender jumps away from the bar and runs towards the now empty stage.

Smell of the day: Disco

New Things of interest: An empty stage

Nuyen: 1 ????? type Credstick containing 1100 Nuyen

???????: 0.04

Izumi Kurosawa; Outside The Psychedelic Pirate

She sighs, whether in irritation or relief, not even she could tell, she drops her voice, leaning back in a posture that came more, naturally. "Yes because there are oh so many tight-laced people dressed like this." She shakes her head. "Alright look, I clearly know the words, you really want me to do the whole song and dance from the top, or should I just go?" 

The bouncer stops to think for a moment, and opens the door for Izumi, he also hands her a business card "Look for my friend, her name is.....Square Dave, don't ask why she is called that, she sells efficient, modest, and most importantly bullet resistant clothing in any style or body shape you can imagine, tell her Sam sent you to her, she'll give you a discount".

Visrii sighed, annoyed by the thugs suddenly turning on them and the overly aggressive 'angel'.

"Right. Let's get this over with."

He proceeded to stab the downed man through the hip. The man wasn't going to be dead, but he surely wasn't going to walk for a few months.

Then, approaching the group, he let loose a lightning storm upon their heads.

Profaned Storm on Policeman A,B,C,D (SYN*1.25 damage)

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

"More riddles. Just get to the point already, please." She pleaded. Does everyone speak in riddles nowadays? From the 'books' and 'laughing men', I can tell that he's directly involved. IF ONLY HE COULD STOP BEING VAGUE.

Halley groaned quietly. She stood up, waiting for the librarian's response. Her eyes fixed on that mouth, ready for the inevitability that was more riddles.

Round One:

Policemen ????? A discharges his firearm repeatedly at Visrii, dealing 8 damage

Policemen ????? B Stands straight and breathes in the rancid Seattle air, her fists now glow red for some reason....

Visrii lets loose a storm of lightning on the policemen, dealing 6 damage to Policeman ????? A, C and D, but only dealing 3 damage to Policeman ????? B...

Policemen ????? C Throws a voltaic grenade at angel that Lexiel had summoned, dealing 9 damage and causing the angel to be stunned this round

Lexiel electrifies Policemen ????? A for 3 damage, and heals Visrii by 6 points of health

Policemen ????? D Hits Lexiel in the back of the head with a nightstick, dealing 5 points of damage

The horned man shouts "Five minutes, just buy me five minutes!"....

Round Two

Init order

Policemen ????? A: 20
Policemen ????? B: 19
Visrii: 19 
Policemen ????? C: 17
Policemen ????? D: 15
Lexiel: 11 

Spoiler

Vigilantes:

Visrii: 31/33

Lexiel: 35/40
Lightkeeper of Emeria: 11/20

Cawps:

Policemen ????? A: Barely wounded

Policemen ????? B: Barely wounded

Policemen ????? C: Barely wounded

Policemen ????? D: Barely wounded

Meanwhile........

Solomon glances at Halley, and motions for her to sit down "This will take a while you know? The others aren't here yet aren't they?".

Edited by Cronos5010

Halley sighed, and sat down. "The others are either preoccupied with racist cops, or nosing in the bar aimlessly. Who knows when we will be able to gather here." She told the librarian. "Say, are you from here? You look right at home."

She looked at Solomon again, scanning him up and down. Maybe all librarians in this world were like him.

We're alone here... I should've pulled Edmond here with me... Wait, no. That'd look even more embarrassing. It's okay, it's okay, I'll just go with the flow and act natural.

"Ah yes, Lone star can be racist at times, I wonder why this place was chosen, it is a bit easy to get lost in isn't it?", Solomon drinks from a glass filled with a clear white fluid , and he smiles as he hears Halley's question "No, I have never been to Seattle or the UCAS before, coughs, go Mariners!, coughs".

Edmond smiled, slightly bemused, and took the credstick and the drink.

"I have absolutely no idea why he wants us. In any case, thank you."

So this is a credstick, and has 1100 nuyen? I'm unfamiliar with the currency...so this is probably an alternate earth, not simply a past earth. He said 'real alcohol' like it was something special...so this is probably fairly expensive?

He wound his way through the club, delicately threading his way between the throngs, until he came to the small room housing some familiar faces. Halley seemed to have observed this clandestine meeting place immediately, for she was already immersed in conversation...with Solomon?? How'd he get here, I wonder...

There was another man, quite young, possibly not even of age yet. He too was familiar; he had been present during the fights, though Edmond had not seen him once since then. He looked entirely miserable, and somewhat restless; and he seemed to be brooding in silence.

Hmm. I don't know his name...I'll need to ask later. For now though...

"Solomon. Good evening! What a surprise to see you here. So we're here on some sort of mission from "the laughing man"? Do you know anything of importance? I'm assuming you've managed to pick up some small bit of information since you arrived here."

Edited by Strider

Solomon turns slightly to face Edmond, and motions for him to take a seat. he takes another drink from his glass and says "He said something about rivers of blood, the acquisition of a book from a sovereign nation, and the horrors didn't he?".

Edmond slowly sat down on the sofa next to Halley, and peered inquisitively at Solomon.

"He did say that...How did you know?"

He has a drink...so he paid for it somehow.

"You know a bit about life here, right? I see you got yourself a drink...so how much is eleven hundred nuyen worth? Also, is this an unusually expensive drink? The bartender mentioned it being real alcohol..."

He held out the drink for inspection.

Solomon smiles as he takes a bottle of not very expensive looking vodka from behind a seat, and pours more into the glass "Because I met the man earlier today, and he said something to that effect", he stops pouring the vodka and drinks from the glass once more "When the tweed gentlemen say something that makes some vague sense in the real word, I have a tendency to listen".

He inspects the drink that Edmond had brought with him, and he chuckles as he says "Eleven hundred nuyen can buy you around two hundred nights in a coffin hotel, not like you'd want to spend two hundred nights in one anyway.", he stops to consider the drink for a moment "You know...a bottle of that would be worth around three hundred nuyen right?".

"Well, I didn't actually order it, to be frank. I asked the man how much was on the credstick, and he just served me. That's not really what I'm interested in though. You seem to know a bit about the currency, so tell me: how much would this be worth in gold? How much of a year's pay at minimum wage would it be?"

He lifted the glass to his nose, and took a sniff. He hesitantly took a sip. It's certainly good quality...

Edmond glanced over at Halley, who seemed thoroughly disoriented. He turned his gaze back to Solomon, and noted his posture. He's comfortable...he knows the currency, and seems familiar with the laughing man. Whether or not he admits it, he knows more than us.

"Solomon, are you certain you've never been here before?"

Edited by Strider

The Lightkeeper of Emeria shines her healing light on herself, restoring 6 HP.  As she is stunned, she cannot attack further.

Lexiel casts Dragon Fodder, summoning two goblins, and orders them to block for her.  Whenever she is attacked, one of them will intercept the attack and retaliate for 1d2 + 3 (synergy/2) damage.  As the goblins have 1 hit point apiece, this is likely to be the last thing they do.

Edmond

"Around a kilogram I guess? I never really use gold though. I am not sure about wages, but for the kind of job we are doing, it should be around 6 percent I guess?." Solomon puts down the glass he has been drinking from, and smiles "No, I have never been to Seattle, the Psychedelic Pirate, and I have certainly never met the smiling bandit before" he coughs the words "Go Mariners!".

Psymund

Psymund will most likely notice the woman who is sitting in front of a wooden table, where the black duffel bag is proudly displayed "Sorry about that, I don't want any of the posers to think that I'd do business with anyone, but you" she stops for a moment to look at his third eye "You seem legit".

Theodore & Izumi

The bartender arrives at the stage, and he takes the microphone from its stand and he enthusiastically says "Welcome to the Psychedelic Pirate!, My name is Mickey Loo, but you already knew that, I am proud to announce that today the turnstiles will be open for any hot young talent trying to break into the music scene, but for everyone else, feel free to eat! Drink! And paaaaarrrty!".

14 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

"Ah yes, Lone star can be racist at times, I wonder why this place was chosen, it is a bit easy to get lost in isn't it?", Solomon drinks from a glass filled with a clear white fluid , and he smiles as he hears Halley's question "No, I have never been to Seattle or the UCAS before, coughs, go Mariners!, coughs".

"That's a Yes, then. Centuries of AI development granted me the ability to detect sarcasm." She said.

Edmond walked in. "Hey, Edmond. What were you doing at the counter?" Her eyes rolled down to the bottle he was holding. "Surely, you didn't go there just to get some booze, right?"

Psymund hands over his card, "Ultracorp Technology and Arms Dealing: Bringing you the Yesterday of Tomorrow's Today, Eventually!"

"I run the bold business of Selling guns as cheap as they come for as cheap as I can, and then doing other tricks besides, for the right treats..."

He smirks.

"If you wanted legitimate, I am not your smuggler."

"The name is Jane" she then reads the business card that Psymund gave her, and smiles "Well, well, it seems that we are in the same business Mr. Eventually".

Solomon decides to continue reading his book.

"I believe they call it interfacing Miss Jane, I need some information later from a local like yourself, and in return, I put you on the fast track to a premium VIP membership in my little Ma and Pa smuggling operation's Mailing list."

"You should just see the catalogues, Miss Jane, we are doing the Year of the Rooster Spring Roster right now, Plastic and Ceramic Glocks Half off for the Intelligent Buyer looking to go on vacation through one of those nasty old airports."

Psymund is grinning now, and tips his hat.

"If you have any contact info, I would be happy to have it, keep our interests networked, you know."

The lady would note the Ultracorp Contact info on his own card.

Visrii feels the metal shaftless arrowhead striking his armour. Not bad...

He brings his halberd blade up and strikes it down against the closest guardsman he finds.

Sharp Sweep on Policeman A (2d4+DEX*1.25, 75% RES bypass)