"That was pretty impressive, Angel. I didn't know you could do that."

After the low-lives enter the building, Theo walks up and grabs some of the drugs they dropped. He examines them, then puts two or three hits into his pockets. They might make a good ingredient for Mar's grog. 

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psymund hands them a card with his contact info on it.

"Upgrade those peashooters of yours when you get some scratch, courtesy of Ultracorp, Building the Yesterday of Tomorrow, Today!"

He leans in afterwards and whispers.

"Massive gun smuggling operation, lots of cheap guns."

He then follows the others, he subtly slaps the goods out of Theo's hand.

"These ones aren't shooting at us, you can wait to rob people we are already trying to screw over."

"So, there appears to be no way to continue north, though there is a building to the east. I'm thinking that we should head to the bar listed on these business cards, over the roofs, preferentially. The sirens have stopped though, if we want to go to ground level by way of the fire escape. There's also the door into the building of course...They left it open, so they might not be concerned if we enter..."

Edmond made his way to where Halley stood, carefully avoiding the narcotics strewn underfoot. He looked out at the street signs, straining his eyes to see into the distance.

"So it looks like fifty-second street would be a ways north of here..."

Edmond looks out over the rooftops to see if there appears to be a way to actually continue north to the bar if they were to jump to the building to the east.

Edited by Strider

5 v 15

Lexiel fails to pick the lock open with her lockpicking set, and she hears a sickening cracking sound.

the lock appears to have broken somewhat, and she may be better off attempting to pry it open.

The black bag is not locked or secured in any way, and inside of it there is a single can of cannabis iced tea (which is conveniently not iced), a map of the Downtown area of Seattle, circa 2050, and several large bricks of what appears to be concrete.

Edmond would see that the rooftops heading east would eventually lead further away from the assumed location of 52nd Street.

Edited by Cronos5010

Lexiel dumps everything from the looted sack into her bag of holding before Theo can get to it.  "What did I literally just say?"

She turns to the box, and attempts to remove the lock the old fashioned way.

17 v 18

Lexiel snaps the metal box open revealing a pair of tough black gloves and a metal handle with an ergonomic design, there appears to be a slot where a piece of rope could be placed inside of it, there is a small instructions booklet written in English.

"Do you really want to get high on hallucinogens on a plane none of us have visited before?  Surrounded by a city none of us know very well, which is full of well-armed individuals?  You know what?  Fine," Lexiel pulls the can of tea back out and places it on the ground between herself and Theo, and turns away, flipping through the instruction booklet with irritated, jerky motions.  "Do what you want.  For all I know, that rot's legal here.  I'm not obliged to stop you.  I'll even patch you up when you get shivved because you were distracted by the imaginary spiders crawling around under your skin.  But I reserve the right to say I told you so."

[OOC:  Assuming her enchantment analysis and physical examination don't pick up anything obviously malicious, Lexiel puts the gloves on and tries to figure out if there's anything special about them.  She also reads the instruction packet, using her braille translation spell.]

Lexiel would find that the gloves are unenchanted and ridiculously hard to damage with edged weaponry, the instructional booklet explains the correct method of assembling a monofilament whip, which seems to consist entirely of putting the included gloves on before attempting to stick the thin rope like object into the provided slot, the rest of the book involves warnings about how neither the manufacturer or the company selling the whip are responsible for cybernetic replacements for limbs that are lost during the usage of the whip, and unlikely statements about the whip's effectiveness against lightly armored military vehicles and military personnel in general.

Lexiel puts the stuff back in the box, closes it up, and stores it.  She isn't very skilled with a whip, and even if she were, the mono-filament, whatever that is, appears to be missing.

Edited by Zoe_Walker

Edmond stared in utter astonishment as Theo once more attempted to obtain the can of tea. Edmond himself had never been one to partake in stimulatory chemicals, but when Lexiel had spoken, he had felt the need to give up...something. It was disturbing that her aura had so little effect on this man.

"I'm fairly certain that cannabis is a drug...even something like coffee would be considered a stimulant drug. While cannabis may not be among the most detrimental drugs, it is a drug."

Perhaps he wasn't affected because he doesn't consider it to be a drug...still odd though.

"In any case, Lexiel, it's probably fine to let him have it right? As long as it doesn't get in the way of missions, Theo's recreational habits are his own business. On to the mission at hand. We obviously were transported here for a reason. Someone wants us here. Therefore, they would have a method of assuring that they could get into contact with us. I believe that's what these business cards are for, out method of contact. So we need to get to University way and fifty-second street and say... harlequin...to the bouncer."

He paused, and looked out over the ledge.

"The location appears to be somewhat north of here. The rooftops don't appear to lead that way, so we should get down to street level. We do have some rather unorthodox appearances...", he turned his gaze to the angel and the fishman.

"If we meet any trouble, we can try to pass off what we are unable to hide as prosthetics or costumes. If that doesn't work..." He left it at that.

After he had laid forth his thoughts, he stepped over to the fire escape leading down to the side of the building, and began to climb.

Edmond climbs down the fire escape.

Lexiel pauses briefly.  She arranges her wings so that they look like a feathered cape, and puts a pair of dark, steampunkish goggles on, which combined with her halo resemble a fancy set of smart glasses.  The end result makes her look eccentric and wealthy rather than an angel, a marked improvement in terms of ability to blend.  Having disguised herself incredibly well for thirty seconds of time spent, she heads down to ground level with the rest of the group.

Halley slightly nodded, retracting her arm cannon and revealing a free hand. She wrapped her ribbons around the star on her chest, making it look like she was just lazy and didn't want to carry the star.

She followed the group down the fire escape.

Izumi Kurosawa; Fire Escape 

Sif watches the officers for a moment, trying to discern where they start searching, then, he vanishes, dematerializing. 

Kurosawa on the other hand, detaches her plating, probably not too good for her modesty, but she'll live. Better use mistaken for some kind of entertainer or someone with questionable fashion if not life choices than a someone with less than legal dealings. She stashes the armor, the rope, and her Procyon into the black bag and enters the fire escape.

Edited by Empiricist

The group are greeted by the sight of another alley, except this one seems much more emptier, and other than a pile of miscellaneous syringes and a dried up pool of blood, there should be nothing preventing the group from simply exiting the alley and out into the main road.

Meanwhile.....

Spoiler

Solomon was sitting in side of a lounge, there was a disturbing amount of leather sofas inside of the room, and he wondered if anyone else would be arriving anytime soon, he started sipping from the bottle of synthetic alcohol once more, it helped distract him from the music constantly blaring inside of the room, it was getting a tad bit annoying.

What does rainbows have to do with reading anyway?

Why do I keep writing this bit?

Smell of the day: Deja Vu
Things of interest: syringes, trash, a way out.

??????: 1 ????? Known as a ?????stick containing ????? Amounts of ??????

?????: 0.01

Edited by Cronos5010

"Actually, do any of you know what a mono-fiber is?" Lexiel asks the group, "The instruction manual for the box I found seems to think one should have been inside, but I don't think one was."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

"Nothing much of interest here...Theo, I don't think you need to take any of what's here. I think there was something sitting on top of the box when you picked it up? You ignored it, so I assumed it was of minimal importance. Did anyone pick it up?"

He shuddered.

Edmond made his way to the entrance of the alley, and peeked out. Assuming there was nothing obviously threatening, he made his way out into the street, planning to head north.

Edited by Strider