• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smiling man disappears with a cracking sound, it appears that his face won't be punched....for now.

The group made their way to the bar mentioned by the untrustworthy bastard, presumably as they had no other leads to follow, it was quite an eventful trek, despite the walk being no more than a kilometer, a law abiding individual would spot twenty different parking violations, and a suit wearing horned man getting beat up by men in police uniforms, gunfire can be heard coming out of the building that they had climbed down from.

The bar itself would be quite surprising, because it would not be considered a bar, it is a nightclub.

the long line leading to the bouncer was filled with posers, wannabes, and possibly famous men and women of varying appearances, and the only thing they seemed to share in common was a flashy appearance, and a burning desire to get inside, and be seen there.

The bouncer was a stern looking man, and his general stance and appearance seems to suggest that he has been ignoring the line for quite a while now, other than by saying some polite words to bar entry, but a tiny hint of red on his suit jacket's cuffs seems to suggest otherwise.

Smell of Yesterday: Annoyance

Things that were of interest: a gunfight inside of a building, a horned man getting beaten up, varioud traffic violations.

Smell of the day: Boredom

Things of interest: posers, wannabes, possibly famous individuals, a bouncer, a neon sign, a suspicious looking individual.

So...subtlety...This is going to fail spectacularly.

With little to no knowledge of the culture, Edmond settled upon feigning inebriation. Hopefully an discrepancies between his actions and those which were socially acceptable could be covered by the illusion of drunkenness. He stumbled forwards, to where a point where the intimidating man stood towering above him. He began to mumble, exaggerating his  arm movements.

"Hey...howsit goin man? I harly eva see ya now...backwhen Davidson worked here ah got in all the time...Come on man, lemme in..."

Hopefully that would be sufficient. Edmond had tried to emphasize the slurs to get the desired words out. Now it was time to trust to hope.

Halley shook her head and walked up to the bouncer. She thought for a second, then she asked.

"Hey, is there a Harley Davidson retail store around? My friend Quinn bought one of their motorcycles, and it seemed to work well, so I want to buy one myself."

She completely made that up out of the blue. She only knew about Harley Davidson through an antique store, and there were no guarantees that there would be an identical Harley Davidson in this world.

Lexiel lags even farther behind the group, because she is incapable of allowing a crime to happen without intervening.  So, she summons a Lightkeeper of Emeria to check out the gunshots from inside the building and offer medical assistance/a well-deserved beating depending on what happened in there, and pulls her Boros tabard out of her bag of holding.  After affixing it over her coat and putting her darksteel knuckleduster inside a pocket of her coat for easy access while she strides up to the egregious police brutality, literally radiating righteous fury.

"Wow.  You know, for a moment, I thought you slime suckers were actually officers of the law," Lexiel drawls, red and white sparks skittering between her fingers and playing over her Pyromancer's Gauntlet.  Her aura intensifies as she prepares herself for combat, filling her surroundings with soft light.  "But a real Arrester would be more honorable than this, and a lot more afraid of getting their butts handed to them for tarnishing their organization and commanding officers' reputations.  I wonder what the sentence is around here for impersonating an officer of the law and committing aggravated assault...?  Eh, doesn't matter.  Walk away, or get dunked.  I'm not picky."

Visrii snorted at the attempts of 'subtlety' the rest of his party was putting up.

Why were they bothering to do it subtly anyway? There was a job to do; and if it was one country invading another for a fucking book, then they probably should hurry up.

Visrii strided towards the bouncer, pushing aside anyone who was in the way, and said flatly,

"Harley Davidson and Quinn. Happy?"

Inside of the building Lexiel would not be very surprised to see the young men from earlier engaging in a gunfight with some vaguely european men in suits, they appear to not be needing medical attention at the moment.

The police officers stopped kicking the horned man for a moment and proceeded to turn their attention towards the newcomer, a smiling woman in a police uniform seemed to be leading the group, and she smiled as she said "What appears to be the problem citizen? We are simply showing this trog the consequences of stealing briefcases and suits".

Another police officer fires his stun gun at the horned man, he appears to be writhing in pain.

Smell of the day: Fear
Things of interest: Justice?, Pain.
?????: 1 ???? Containing ????? Amounts of ?????
?????: 0.01

Meanwhile.....

The suited man looked critically at Edmond after hearing what he had to say, he then made a rather obvious looking attempt to seem like he was smelling something, and he nodded before saying "That was a good effort, but have you ever been black out drunk before? Your hair and general demeanor seems too...controlled to be believably drunk, that and you don't smell like you have been drinking. it was a nice try although the bit where you said Quinn is too easily miss-able", he opens the door and ushers Edmond in, before closing the door and looking directly at Halley.

"That was a pretty decent effort, but the thing is you hesitated too much, no one will believe your lie if you don't believe in it yourself, but for now...you may pass.".

To Theodore's words he simply said "Actually our DJ is off for the night, The Comfortably Numb are playing right now, but afterwards it is open mic night, unfortunately I haven't seen or heard of a reason to let you in.....that was the cue for you to start trying to impress me by the way.".

The man glanced at Visrii for a moment "If you were looking for the Renaissance fair, you just missed it".

Edited by Cronos5010
Snark!

Lexiel decides to leave the firefight be.  Both sides look like they're wearing uniforms, and are fairly organized, so it's probably a guild feud.  Those are perfectly legal, and on the moral side it's a terrible idea to intervene in fights if you don't know which side is in the right.  You've got a 50/50 chance of making things worse.

So instead, the Lightkeeper of Emeria hits taser guy like a lightning bolt, slamming him into the pavement, plays her healing light over the guy who's being beaten to restore 2 hit points to him, and starts slapping her attack target with deliberately weakened blasts of pure white magic.  She's holding back enough to not kill, but the guy is not going to enjoy it.

Lexiel pulls her goggles off and puts them in her left pocket.  Her hand comes up with her darksteel knuckleduster on, and she flares her wings and aura, the latter unintentional as she's not actually trying to make a spectacle of this.  "Oh, you have got to be kidding me.  Speciesist hate crimes?  In this day and age?  You have no idea how much I wish the Azorius had a mail-in service right now.  So you'll have to settle for the Wojek special instead," Lexiel feints toward the face with her armed hand, then lands a gut punch followed by an uppercut on the apparent leader with her empty right hand.  Of course, that hand is covered by her Pyromancer's Gauntlet, so unarmed is relative.  "Here's your consequences, you wastes of oxygen."

Edmond stepped over the threshold, and was greeted by some fairly pleasant music. He edged his way between presumed regulars, both human and distinctly nonhumanoid, and made his way to a somewhat central location from which he could search the club. He slowly spun around, scanning the faces for the man they had met on the street.

Now where is he? He'll be here, right?

Edmond scans the bar

Edited by Strider

Visrii swiftly intervenes to stop the rampant 'Lexiel' with a parry and holds the victim in custody by the neck.

"As much as I am for killing assholes, we're wasting time if we're gonna tangle ourselves with these idiots."

Visrii then trips the stunned 'police' down and smashes his head on a nearby wall. Dead or stunned, Visrii didn't care.

"Now, may we move on?"

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Edmond finds it hard to get his bearings amongst the throng of people who are dancing, drinking, talking amongst themselves, and generally trying to look like they have fun inside of the nightclub, but despite everything, he manages to make his way to the bar.

Halley finds little comfort or privacy inside of the nightclub, although an open door reveals an empty room containing what appears to be a leather sofa.

The bouncer nods along to Theodore's improptu musical performance, and he opens the door for the man once more while saying "Nice, the band should be finishing up sometime soon, you may want to hurry".

The bouncer glances at Psymund, and says "You, you look like you belong here, you may enter".

[9 vs 13, Lexiel succeeds in hitting the police man with the Angel, and if you look closely, you can see the horned man hitting a button that is on a bangle on his wrist.
Visrii succeeds at kicking a man while he is down, and the rest of the group of 'policemen' proceed to aim their various weapons at both Lexiel and Visrii, it seems like they won't be going anytime soon....

Smell of the day: The Letter R

Things of interest inside of the Psychedelic Pirate: A bar, several crowds of people that may or may not contain merchants, a leather sofa, a pair of turnstiles, a bar man.

Things of interest in Justice Land: violence

??????: 0.02

??????: 1????? Containing ????? Amounts of ??????

Edited by Cronos5010
The Letter R

Assuming there's any fight left in him, the Lightkeeper of Emeria keeps hitting the guy she landed on.  Her healing light stays on the poor guy who got beaten.  Non-Legendary summons aren't independent enough to change their attack targets or switch to blocking without orders anyway.

These guys look techy, so Lexiel prepares a Lightning Helix to zap the first one who tries to attack or call for help.  The lightning should fry a radio, right?  The healing will go to Visrii, as his armor doesn't look as sturdy as her mail.  "It's not nearly as fun without four-to-one odds and an unarmed victim, is it?  Keh, I've seen more honor from Dimir agents.  Justice seems to be in short supply around here.  Well, not anymore.  Drop the spitball launchers, and I might be inclined to not strip you naked before I drop you off with the actual Arresters."

Edmond, having failed to uncover the face he was searching for, made his way over to the bar. He peered over the counter, reading the labels on the bottles, searching for any familiar words or insignia. It'd probably be best to have something to order... He was however, acquainted with none of these brands and their signature liquors. He tapped his finger on the bar, and realized that he'd just have to ask. He wandered to the back of the line, and listened to what the customers ahead of him ordered, paying particular attention to the larger drinks. The alcohol will be less concentrated in those. Hopefully.

Edmond was not accustomed to, nor was he comfortable with drinking in places like this. He preferred to drink in peace and privacy, with a few close friends. He would, however, have to make do.

Edmond listens in on the orders of the customers ahead of him.

Theo thanks the man, and walks into the club. He listens to the music for a bit, slightly disappointed.

"Man, I'm not saying the music is bad, but this place has entirely the wrong atmosphere. These people need to get their party on."

Theo waits patiently for the band to finish, getting a beer at the bar.

Edited by S34N1C

Halley walked to the empty room and sat on the sofa. Although its quality was nothing to be amazed at, it was still better than squeezing between the gaps of the crowds. She waited there, hoping that it was the correct destination.

Are the items free? Why are they ordering things from the bar? I do NOT want to stay and do the dishes.

The group of "policemen" dive toward cover, which signals the official start of the fight, except for the fourth policeman, who is busy being slammed on a wall by Visrii.

Theme

First Round:

Init Order

Policemen ????? A: 20
Policemen ????? B: 19
Visrii: 19

Policemen ????? C: 17
Policemen ????? D: 15
Lexiel: 11

(OOC: Actions will be processed when Visrii actually makes one)

Smell of the day: Civil Disputes

??????: 0.03

??????: 1 ????? containing ?????? amounts of ??????

Solomon glanced at Halley as she entered the room, and he coughed to alert her of his presence.

13 v 2 (What is this roll right now?)
Psymund manages to find an inconspicuous looking woman carrying a duffel bag in the far left of the nightclub, hidden behind a throng of successful posers surrounding once famous celebrities, but of course Psymund wouldn't care about them now would he?

For some odd reason Edmond would hear the words "Mojito" and "Jello shot" quite often as he strains his ears in an attempt to listen in to the patrons ahead of him, but there was that one man in the pin striped suit that ordered an entire bottle of whiskey.....

Edmond would also notice the fact that everyone ahead of him had used pen like devices, like the one he had in his possession, to slot into what other wise appeared to be a regular looking cash register.

Psymund Strolls up to the lady. Sliding past the crowd.

Tipping his hat, he looks the lady in the eyes with his 3 eyes.

"Now what's a Lovely Suspicious looking lady like you doing in a dump like this?"

"You look like the kind of person who likes problems being solved and useful things trading hands.  I happen to solve problems with my useful-thing-filled hands."

"Want to have a chat?"

As the customers ahead of Edmond made their orders and the distance bewteen him and the bar diminished, he reached into his pocket and removed the small black plastic pen-like device, and turned it over in his fingers. Some sort of payment device? Hmm. There were no markings of any sort visible to Edmond. Nothing to indicate how much value it has...

When his turn arrived, he approached the bar. "Good Evening. I came here to meet someone? He didn't tell me his name, but he had red hair, and spoke in riddles...Do you by any chance know where I could find him?...Also, could you tell me how much is on this thing here?"

He held out the pen-like object to the bartender.

Edmond tries to find out how much money is stored in the item.

"Hi Solomon. You're here, too? Do you know why we're here?" Halley asked. The librarian's appearance was an odd one. She thought that everyone that would come here would've been 'teleported' to the same place, at the same time.