• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A highly dangerous if, potentially profitable mission that has something to do with reinforcing the gates that bar some rather nasty extradimensional horrors from entering this world, also I have vodka." To prove his point Solomon poured some more vodka into his glass, he then puts it on the table and proceeds to ignore it.

"Are you just going to stand there and look like you are feeling like a piece of drek or are you going to order something?" Said the bartender to Psymund.

Smell of the day: Sulfur

Nuyen: 1687 on three certified credsticks

Things of interest: (Psymund) his conspicuous lack of money.

(Everyone else) the room they were in, the credsticks for those who don't know what they are, Visrii who is now waking up in the room with a killer headache and a bottle of beer in his hand.

Lexiel takes a deep breath, and scoffs dismissively.  "You call that booze?  I've smelled Selesnya fruity umbrella drinks stronger than that dreck.  Saving the world for a generous reward, on the other hand...  What're we waiting for?"

Edmond looked up from the magazine as the others entered the room.

"We've got a bit of information in this magazine. It has some information on Aztechnology, the place we'll be infiltrating, but it's probably most useful as a basic overview of the tech and culture of the city. It'd probably be best for anyone who has time to skim through it."

"Do you want this? I'm not planning on drinking it...The bartender just gave it to me without my consent. It should be higher quality than the stuff that Solomon's drinking..."

He proffered the drink to Lexiel.

"Well it is primarily composed of synthetic alcohol, water and 'spices', and judging by the price this is mostly composed of water, and I suggest that you take a seat and perhaps find something to amuse yourself with, this will take a while." Solomon continues ignoring the glass, and motions for Lexiel to take a seat in the leather couch across him "Or you could just ask me what we are going to do, since the Mr. Johnson hasn't shown up yet.".

Izumi Kurosawa

"What's the plan then? If they don't know something's wrong while we're going in, the moment we take that book, everything's going to hell. And I don't like the sound of taking on an entire building." Especially not more often than I need to.

This job, it's the kind with 'bad news' written all over it. That and 'vendetta' with a side serving of 'collateral damage'. Point is it doesn't sound like something I'd agree to if I had the choice. Ha, like I get that many choices these days. 

Edited by Empiricist

It was at this point that a man walks inside of the room, and the only thing that would be said to be remarkable about his appearance would be how unremarkable it is, he then gingerly places a black briefcase on the floor and says "My name is Mr. Johnson, and I am here on the behalf of an interested party who has been looking for a group to perform a certain dangerous task, I believe that you have already met them at some point, they have an unfortunate tendency to annoy people with riddles I'm afraid, did they make Beatles references again? Or has he finally found a new trick?".

Edmond stood up, and held out his hand with a smile.

"I'm Edmond. We've heard a lot about the fact that we'll be performing a dangerous task, but we really haven't gotten much information about the company we'll be infiltrating, a full rundown on the security, or how much we'll be paid...care to enlighten us?"

Edited by Strider

"He wasn't kidding when he said that the group has been living underneath a rock for the last century wasn't he? Aztechnology is only one of the very few companies to have reached AAA status, and have obtained a seat in the corporate council, they mainly deal in magical goods and supplies, and they are based inside of the nation of Aztlan, it used to be called Mexico you know, until the Azzies took over, my client also states that Aztechnology regularly performs human sacrifices as part of their magical rituals." the man takes out a small tablet, and shows it to the assembled group "This contains the schematics of the relevant floors, and as much information that could be gleaned on their security systems as possible, and we are prepared to offer 20,000 Nuyen upfront to provide an ahem" the man places the tablet back into his suit's pocket and mimes quotation marks " 'Valid' SIN for the one tasked to scout out the area beforehand".

The man takes the tablet out of his suit's pocket and places it on the table "This tablet also contains the location of a certain official who would be willing to help with obtaining said SIN, the job pays 80,000 Nuyen, this amount is non negotiable, and the details are also located inside that wonderful, wonderful tablet."

Psymund would notice the tusked man from earlier sobbing quite profusely in front of a rather large, yet clean looking gun.

Halley reached out for the tablet. "We only get to have one map?" Her eyes glowed as she browsed through the floors, saving a copy of the map in her memory. "This thing would be more convenient if it has a plug or any sort." She muttered.

"All this protection for a book." Visrii scoffed from somewhere behind the people.

He had woken up so quietly this time that no-one noticed, but he was up and scoffing.

He approached Edmond and took out the gun and baton he looted off the guard.

"Edmond. You're good with this shit, right?", He said, and handed him the weapons. "This is probably more useful to you than to me anyway."

The man points at a small circular plug underneath the tablet "This tablet and the data inside can be extracted using any data jack, cyberdeck, and PDA, cables not included of course, you need to input the password to extract the data, which again I would have to wait until you accept to give to you".

The man glances at Visrii for a moment "The book and it's contents are worth a whole lot of nuyen, and my client simply wishes that it, and the knowledge contained within the book to not remain within the possession of Aztech, we are prepared to offer a bonus for the retrieval of the book, although setting it on fire would, to quote my client", the man makes a big show of making quotation marks again " 'Also prevent the Azzies from unleashing an unstoppable horde of inhuman monsters' ", he stops making the quotation marks "There is also the matter of the package you will be asked to deliver".

Edmond diligently noted down the facts of the commission as Mr. Johnson doled them out. Schematics of the floors would be invaluable on this mission, though it sounded as though some form of reconnaissance was still necessary?

"So, do people with a 'valid' SIN have access to certain areas that will still need to be scouted out?"

80,000 seems like quite a decent pay...so ten thousand apiece?

Edmond turned towards thosee around him.

"We accept the mission, right? I mean, we did get summoned here for a reason, and this does seem like a pretty big thing..."

Izumi Kurosawa

A curt nod. "Sounds like it. And putting down inhuman monsters does sound like what that pin-cushion wanted us to do." She turns to the man "And once we get that book, how much will they be willing to do to retrieve it? Just hunt us down? Or are they going to disappear everyone in this entire bar?"

"Burn the real one and give a fake to a local crime syndicate. Throw them off our backs and destroy something that can piss a lot of people off when someone finds it."

Visrii shrugs.

"Two birds with one stone."

"It's not like they can chase us through multiverses, right? Though... how are we going to get back? I wouldn't want to stay here and be a mercenary for life." Halley asked, as she continued viewing the information the tablet contained.

"To answer your question, I present to you this package" the man takes out a small nondescript brown box and gingerly places it on top of the table he had placed the tablet on "I cannot tell you what it's contents are, I can only say that the contents of this package will not harm an innocent soul, and that it will be useful for removing any trace of your existence inside of their Pyramid".

The man coughs after hearing Halley's question "Despite my client's tendency to exaggerate, he has said that he has nine tickets off universe, when combined with the contents of the package this should be enough to prevent the Azzies from using any of their ritual magic, although if one is feeling as paranoid as they should be, we have a contact inside of this bar that is ready to provide several grenades filled with industrial strength bleach".

The man shifts a bit "If there are no more questions to be asked then I feel that it is time for us to ask you a question, do we have a deal?".

"Seems to me this has to be done.  It's definitely well within my skills.  I'll start prepping a disguise to get in and scope the place out, and yes, I can pass as a local.  If I can blend on Lorowyn, where humans are generally considered less plausible than dragons, I can blend here.  That said, I wouldn't say no to some backup for the main raid." 

"We're not in a position to bargain, so yeah, we have a deal." Halley nodded, taking note of the part where the man said 'innocent'. Luckily, everyone at the scene had more or less passed an innocence test, with their 'invitation' to the multiverse crisis.

"I got your back, Lexiel. My Comet Blaster can provide suppressing fire if things get sticky." She told the angel with confidence.

The suited man seems to realize something, and he suddenly says "A valid SIN would allow you to enter the grounds of the Pyramid, and we are certain that should be enough for you to confirm if the possible entrances noted inside of the schematics we have given you, but we are very sorry to say that we cannot give you the schematics for the fifth basement floor where the book is located, although my client would say that the book, ahem 'Lights up like a Christmas tree inside of Astral space, an extremely magical christmas tree that is'", he then gingerly places a single black pen like stick on the table.

"20,000 Nuyen for SINs and other equipment, market price for a single SIN is 10,000, you have a week ladies and gentlemen", the man walks out of the room and he seems to be miming typing motions in the air.

A few moments later an equally nondescript looking woman enters the room with a briefcase in her hand, she places the briefcase on the table and proceeds to leave without saying a word.

The briefcase is beige, and does not seem to be ticking.

"Ha. 80,000 nyuen? I don't give a fuck about payment, as long as I get to kill shitty people." Visrii flicked off a bug on his weapon, then picked up the tablet that was said to have the location of an official.

"And an interrogation session, right?" Visrii took quick glances at the tablet and after some time, figured out how to operate it. If anything, he was an observant learner. He had to be, as a Watcher.

"I'll get this this guy, then. Any of you want to play 'good guard bad guard'?"

"...Visrii. I believe that Mr. Johnson said that this man would be willing to provide a valid SIN? It should be more of a simple purchase than a brutal interrogation, correct?"

Edmond, slightly disturbed, reached over to the beige briefcase. He carefully undid the clasps, opening it a fraction, and peered inside.

Edmond carefully opens the briefcase.