Halley would notice that the information inside of the tablet describes the various entrance points and rumored (and confirmed) traps littering the ground to the fourth basement floors, yet no actual information about the fifth floor other than a small note saying "This isn't real".

Map description

The first map shows a large square area filled with ten rather large rooms, a large square at the center is marked down as "Stuffer Shack" and the map has a truly obscene amount of notes stating things like "Video camera, 180 degree surveillance" " 'Watcher spirits patrol this area' with a small notation cursing the fact that the spirit's summoners are always located in a floor that is above or below the current floor, and a small picture of an extremely small and otherwise unnoticeable grey spirit with two large human eyes".....

It also shows the councillors information, such as his current location "Weapon's World 6th Avenue and Olive Street" and a current estimation on how long the man would be there "60 minutes".

Edmond would find exactly a dozen grey grenades inside of the briefcase, although upon closer inspection they all have the words "Cleaner Cleaner" written in large red letters, a smaller bit of white text on the bottom of each grenade proudly states that the chemicals contained within the grenade are in fact highly corrosive to all biological entities.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Damn. Just when I thought this mission was gonna get interesting." Visrii said. He was completely comfortable with torturing; but if it wasn't necessary to their goal, then it would be pointless. 

He picked up the grenades, chucking them up and down carelessly, though one could tell he was quite practiced with grenade type weapons.

"So these are like void-bombs right?" Visrii inspects the label. "I would have thought just taking out the guards would be much simpler, 'stead of wasting these."

Solomon helpfully interjected with "Can you not manhandle the grenades? Some of us value their skin and flesh thank you very much", he then stands up and reads the contents of the tablet, after reading the Councillor's current location he laughs and says "Well I know where I'm not going, I don't want to be stopped by a second amendment type about how the almost complete lack of government control is not an excuse to not buy a hundred thousand guns, so....I am going literally anywhere that isn't weapon's world." he then walks towards the door, but as he prepares to leave he says "How many of you actually know what to do anyway?".

Current leads

A tiny text file inside of the oh ever so helpful tablet presents the following leads for equipment:

[The Weapon's world is a rather large supermarket for gun enthusiasts, and while officially most of their offerings are not sold to ones without a license, an unnerving amount of weapons regularly disappear, although the store itself does not seem to be suffering from this rather obvious theft.....]

[Talismongers and other magical dealer types willing to sell less than legal stuff to sketchy people have a rather marked tendency to imbibe in a certain drug known as "Cannabis" or "Weed", so watch out, perhaps the high man you are shaking up and down for his money is in fact a wizard....]

[If you just so happen to want to find regular stuff in a semi legal manner, then the only store you can find who would sell to a SINless would be the Stuffer Shack chain store line, granted they are owned by Aztechnology....]

Izumi would find that the business card the man had given him does in fact say the words "Square Dave, provider of many fine and hardy clothing" the name appears to mean very little to Dave as the symbol displayed quite prominently on the business card is of a red spade, on the other side one can find what appears to be a phone number....

Edited by Cronos5010

"I presume that we'll probably want to set the..extraction...for six days from now? That would give us suitable time to collect info and equipment, but would also give us an extra day if we needed it, right? Why don't we all get our bearings in groups of two for the rest of today? We can find our way around, pick up some street info, maybe buy some stuff...One group should probably get our infiltrator a SIN as soon as possible..."

Edmond peered over the text file, taking in what he understood.

"I'll probably be checking out a stuffer shack first, unless I'm needed for acquiring the SIN? Does anyone have any thoughts on who should be doing that?"

"If no-one's interested in extracting with this official, then I'll go there myself then." Visrii said simply, and stuffed the tablet in his pocket.

Play it careful. This is not Stravaga and carelessness won't help anyone, especially not with the mission.

He felt a vibration coming out of his left shoulder guard. Another call. Hell, if this is from Wyvis, I'll actually take his stupid stone off him.

He moved to a reclusive corner and answered.

(Conversation between Visrii and Wolfe below. Skip if not interested.)

Spoiler

"HEY VISRRRRIIII!"

"Shut up, and keep it down, Dregnar. Have you been drinking Firewater again?"

"Maaaaybeee... yeaah, you know those nice ladies from Calvaaa?"

*Sigh* "Is Wolfe with you?"
"Yeaaah? Weeelll this real nice gal - I think her name was welf or somethingggg" *thunk*

"Thanks."

"Sorry 'bout that Visrii. Dregnar's been a thorn in the eye recently. Had to clog his stupid mouth with Firewater.

"Anyway, what's the matter? Felivins at your throat again?"

"Worse. Calvans."

"You're gonna have to explain that a fair bit, Miss Wolf Mistress of Calva."

"People are itching. They want another Dragon War, those noble leggards. And with the Masquerade coming up in a moon or two..."

"Fucking hell. I would have thought killing off a head or two would've quietened them down."

"Like a hydra, Visrii. These excuses for 'generals' aren't the same I've worked with. They've got eyes to the sun with half their ships sinking in storm. If they start a Dragon War, who knows how many townships they'll raze without thought?"

"...I'll see what I can do."

"Always know you do, Visrii. See on the other tide."

"Flames guide your way."

After he returned, he examined the grenades a little further. "So we're gonna use them to white out the guards? Huh. Then that'll be handy." Visrii took a biogrenade.

"I feel like stealth would be a better approach in this case, not that joke of stealth that involves flying over a potentially target rich environment, but the kind that involves sneakiness, dead cunning, and I hope that we would be stopping crimes against humanity in this one, not you know, causing them...." he sits back on a throne of books as usual and says "First of all, how many of you can hack into computer systems?".

"I'm certain I'll be able to get in if I have the SIN.  I should acquire it, in case the dealer needs to attune it to me somehow," Lexiel states, "And I can crack a computer.  I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I've broken into some pretty hardened networks in the past."

"Now while that is all well and good, how many of you have experience with ASIST tech? Or to put it simply how many of you have an Input/Output port on the side of your head?" Solomon simply stood in place, waiting for a reply.

How far away is Weapon's World anyways, can we even make it in an hour?

50 minutes ago, Cronos5010 said:

"Now while that is all well and good, how many of you have experience with ASIST tech? Or to put it simply how many of you have an Input/Output port on the side of your head?"

"Rude. My fingers can double as USBs, though. Is that what you're looking for?" Halley responded. She hovered her hand before the librarian.

"No, I'll probably need some other method of input if I'm going to be hacking anything. In any case, I'll be going. However, I think we should have a scheduled meeting to discuss our findings. Everyone fine with meeting back here sometime around noon tomorrow?"

"That wasn't a joke, we actually hack by first drilling a hole somewhere right..." Solomon taps the side of his head with a single finger "Here and place a datajack there, so unless you have a circular dataport....", He then unhelpfully walks out of the room and heads towards the bar.

((OOC: pick where you are going, once everyone who isn't Katsu, The Bullet, and Psymund has posted their destination, things happen))

The Bullet ((OOC: You can reply))

You awaken inside of an alley, it smells but you can see bright neon lights, red white and blue ones lighting the outside, and an odd melody with a man that seems to be singing... Born in the USA?

Edited by Cronos5010

"Sure. I'll keep that in mind." Halley nodded. She left for Weapon's World, as there wasn't much else to do with everyone reaching a consensus of preparing first. She exited the bar and figured out her way there through referring to the patterns of the street names.

The Bullet awakens, shaking his head. What happened? And why is he in an alley? More importantly, why is this man singing?

Clearly, something must be done. 

Approach the man, and inquire about where they are, and why the man is singing.

Urgh, that angel again.

Visrii took out his dagger, and used his shoulder plate to start sharpening it. The shoulder plate was already shining silver, a standing evidence for this habit.

After a while, he blew upon it, the fine metal dust billowing in the room.

"Angel. You're better off finding another job instead, because," he tested the sharpness of the blade with his thumb. "If shit goes down and this official doesn't wanna talk, you're not gonna like what's gonna happen next."

He then sheathed the dagger and started to walk out of the room, before saying. "Yeah, you're better off finding something a little less...grueling."

How can this go wrong?

Halley and the rest of the group would find that the Weapon's World is a brisk 30 minutes walk from the Psychedelic Pirate, although the way there was rather quiet as most criminal types are too afraid of other better armed criminal types to consider walking around at such late an hour, although they do spot a rather odd scene where a man throws another man through a brick wall, only for the thrown man to immediately get up and charge towards the thrower with a murderous look in his eyes....There was also a woman appearing to fly at 50 miles per hour without the aid of any vehicle, she seemed to be shouting something about explosions....

Born in the USA

Psymund would perhaps be able to spot his companions leaving the bar, and if he had known what a Solomon looked like he would spot the man flying out of the bar on a throne of books, while a rather angry looking bouncer shouts at him....

Stuffer Shack

After a rather short walk out of the bar, Edmond would be confronted by the fact that he had absolutely no idea where a stuffer shack would be located, or what they looked like.

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY!

Theodore would bump into Edmond outside of the bar, presumably after realizing that chasing down a very particular kind of someone with no real leads other than the person possibly being a stoner would be quite difficult.

The Bullet

The Bullet would find that even after searching throughout the entire alley he could not find neither hide nor tail of the man, although he would most likely be able to discern that the song is coming from the building to his left, the open window leading to the building to his left that is....

Status

How can this go wrong's Smell of the day: Effort and broken barriers

Born in the USA's Smell of the day: Despair

The Bullet's Smell of the day: Gunpowder and Plots

Edmond and Theodore's Smell of the day: Confusion

Edmond and Theodore's things of interest: The bouncer from earlier, a man smoking a joint, what appears to be a man dressed in a garish red hood who appears to be staring at the both of them.

"Are you threatening me?  With a knife?  Cute.  If I had a copper piece for every time somebody's tried that, I'd have joined the Orzhov decades ago," Lexiel ignores the brawlers, since she doesn't have any evidence that brawling is illegal around here and she can't see the murderous expression.  She might have done something about explosion girl if said girl wasn't too fast to catch.  "You think I've never shaken somebody down for information?"  Lexiel pulls her left hand out of the pocket of her outer trenchcoat, displaying the yellow-white rings and pitch-black metal of her darksteel knuckleduster.  "They'll talk, one way or another.  I'd prefer the peaceful route, but some people are determined to be unreasonable."

The Bullet stays determined on his search. There must be some man singing this... How else would it happen? He would find this man, and get some answers. And he had a feeling that the answers lied in this building. Looking at the window, he steels his mind for what may lie ahead, and climbs through the window, into the store.

Visrii's lips stretched into a smile.

Huh. I thought the angel would've gone crazy over having to do dirty work.

Though he still disliked the angel's idea of enforcing justice on everyone, he couldn't help but feel a little impressed. He'd have to give credit where it's due.

"Hot-headed and willing to work for information? Guess you're not as bad as I thought."

Visrii took out his staff and headed out. "Let's do some work."

The group heading to the good old Weapon's world would be treated to the sight of a red white and blue star spangled building, bearing two large neon assault rifles in a cross position, the song "Born in the USA" can still be heard emanating from the building. 

There doesn't seem to be any sort of security on the outside, other than several hard to reach security cameras, suspicious looking bricks, and a large sign stating "Thieves will be shot" with a cartoonish image of a machinegun peppering an Elf full of bullets....

The Bullet would find a red white and blue women's washroom, which is thankfully quite empty for now, the music appears to be emanating from somewhere above him...and a door leads directly outside of the bathroom, there is nothing preventing him from exiting the way he came though...

"Oh. Hi, Theo. Are you searching for someplace?" Edmond turned to the bouncer.

"My companions seem to have left with the only source of knowledge about this town that I had...Could you by any chance direct me to the nearest Stuffer Shack?" He needed to pick up some supplies.

The bouncer seems to be honestly shocked at this "Yyyy-you, you need someone to tell you where a Stuffer Shack is? Wow, that's just.....what", he then turns to laugh for a few uncomfortable moments, before saying "There is a stuffer shack just down 52nd street, you should be able to know which one it is, just look for the pyramid alright?".