• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bouncer laughs joyfully and says "Hey man, ya shouldn't go around smoking so much weed man, don'tcha know about those old fried egg PSAs?" he stops laughing for a moment and stares directly at Theodore with a very serious expression "But no seriously there should be a weed dealer somewhere in 48th, it's uh, it's sort of hard to miss the church isn't it brother?".

Edmond would find that the man was referring to the pyramid shaped sign bearing the words "Stuffer Shack" not the shape of the building itself, which was just your average square block of building, a pair of double doors would greet him if they could you know, talk.

"Eh, I never took those PSA's very seriously. If you listened to everything those things said, you would think that you could get severe brain damage from being in the same building as weed. Anyway, thanks for the advice. I would give you a tip, but I don't know how this "credstick" thing works. 

Theo heads off to find the dealer. 

Theodore would find the flying woman moving towards an idyllic looking church that is located precisely in the middle of 48th street, the wooden double doors appear to be closed, although a knocker is in place...

Smell of the day: Hip hop

If Lexiel could see, she would find a regular looking department store, with people in various different styles of body armor and suits milling about and examining the various different kinds of weaponry being prominently displayed inside of glass display cases, at the far end of the room there are several men in highly noticeable black suits who appear to be guarding an elevator. Every single one of them bore a flag pin, and their general demeanor suggests the presence of several concealed weaponry.

There is also a blonde haired man arguing loudly with an employee at the counter, his right arm appears to be completely metallic.

The woman slowly turns to face Theodore, and says "Nah man, I don't know you maan".

Weapon's world is proud to present:

Smell of the day: Orange scented air freshener

Things of Interest: The patriotic men in black, the angry aug, the titanic weapon's department, the door to the women's bathroom, the door to the men's bathroom, the door to the shooting range

Hey man, be cool man:

Smell of the day: Ashes

Things of interest: the door to the church, the land bound lady, the mysteriously non foreshadowed clanging bell

Edited by Cronos5010

"Right..." Edmond mumbled as he passed through the doors into the Stuffer Shack. It was a fairly basic store, containing all manner of everyday items. He would eventually make visits to the other places mentioned on the tablet, but for now, he was primarily interested in some fairly standard items. He made his way up and down the aisles, searching for the goods he wanted, picking then up when he passed something interesting. Ah...rope. That's always useful...I need a flashlight, I guess. Actually, infrared goggles would be far better. I should hold off on that for now. As he passed through the aisles, his glance paused on a tool kit. Oh. This could be quite useful... He picked it up. He grabbed a few more items, before approaching the checkout counter.

"Good afternoon...I'd like to buy these items," he stated, arraying them out on the counter, while he held out his credstick.

"...Also, is there any way I could get a map of the city? And what sort of medical supplies do you have in stock here?"

Edmond attempts to buy rope, a toolkit, a map, a small mirror, some marbles, and hopefully some medical supplies after checking first what the price will be.

Edited by Strider

The Bullet didn't realize he was in a women's washroom, as he doesn't actually know what a women's washroom is.

While he is quite intrigued as to what exactly is going on in all these small rooms, he has more important things to do. Namely, finding out where he is. Maybe the answer lies outside.

Only one way to find out. The Bullet leaves the conspicuous room, in search of this singing man.

Halley walked closer to the arguing man, eavesdropping on what he was arguing about. In meantime, she checked the closest armor storefront from afar or grab a catalog from the counter, if there even was one.

Stuffer Shack

Edmond would find that the medical kit is worth 50 Nuyen, along with his other possessions it would be worth a total of 130 nuyen, he would also notice an imposingly built austrian man who appears to be staring in Edmond's direction, but his eyes are obscured by a pair of thick sunglasses, upon realizing that he has been noticed the man immediately leaves the store, a loud booming noise that is reminiscent of a jet engine starting can be heard before the man disappears.

Edmond's purchase would have to be paid for before he could leave with them, the lady at the counter does not seem to be busy.

The Church

The woman sighs and says "Look 'Theo' unless you are going to church there really isn't anything that would interest you here tonight".

Weapon's World

A tired looking shopkeeper is currently saying "Look sir even with the proper permit it still takes a week to get the proper parts for that weapon, and I am pretty sure that we can't just go around selling that to you", the blonde man shakes his head and says "I have a contact in Ares, I am cleared for prototype weapon's use, and I know for a fact that you have it in your backroom" the tired looking shopkeeper sighs and says "We did have one there, past tense, somebody broke in and stole it this morning", the blonde man responds by shouting "Get the idiot who was in charge of security inside of the backroom, now!" as the man charges towards the men with suits the weary looking shopkeeper looks relieved and types something into a phone.

Halley would also notice a catalog displaying the various weapons and armor the store sells (OOC: I will DM the list to you IntSys)

The Bullet would see the blonde haired man talking hurriedly to the men in black, one of the men nods and lets the blonde haired man in. After the blonde haired man enters one of the men in black shakes their heads and says "Good god the Councillor is going to shoot another one".

RETCONNING - - - Halley took the credstick with 20000 Nuyens with her when she left. (Permission to retcon was given)

Grumpy guy... Halley continued reading the catalog. In a few seconds, she made up her mind and picked Armanté Venetian Armor Jacket and Victory Rapid Transit Helmet, costing 650 Nuyen in total. She took out the 20000 Nuyen credstick. The market price for the SIN is just 10000. We can have the rest for ourselves, right? 

She came before the shopkeeper and asked for the items, placing the credstick on the counter.

The shopkeeper nods and hands her a tablet displaying the various styles and colors the jacket could come in, he also plops down a blue helmet with a red gem like symbol while saying "It's an oddly popular style", after confirming her order the man slots in the credstick into a cashier and after a few moments he hands her the credstick back, which displays the bill.

Armanté Venetian Armor Jacket 600¥
Victory Rapid Transit Helmet 50¥
VAT: 65¥
Total: 715¥

Change: 19285¥

Items

Name: Armanté Venetian Armor Jacket
Description: A very stylish looking jacket made out of modern and bullet proof materials
Type: Armor
Minimum Stats: 2 STR
Weight: 2
Res Bonus: 2
SYN Threshold:
Special Qualities: Bulletproof: Armor is treated as having 4 RES when the user is targeted by a physical projectile or shrapnel based weaponry

Name: Victory Rapid Transit Helmet
Description: A very aerodynamic helmet meant for couriers and other people who appreciate not having the contents of their head splattered on the pavement
Type: Bauble
Minimum Stats: 2 STR
Weight: 2
Special Qualities: Hardened material: Provides a bonus of 2 RES when the user is targeted by a blunt weapon or if they hit the pavement

Lexiel's exceptional hearing picks up on suit guy mumbling about the blonde guy getting his arrogant arse killed, and she sighs heavily.  "You know, I really miss being able to ignore people when they commit suicide by way of their own stupidity."  She approaches the suit guys and their guarded door, and greets them.  "Hello.  Because I'm a massive sucker for lost causes, I'm bound to try and talk some sense into that guy before he goes and gets himself smeared all over the upholstery.  You mind not shooting me when I go in there?"

One of the men in black starts laughing as another says "You shouldn't worry about the councillor Ma'am, he is going to be completely and utterly fine, granted the security chief will probably want a new arm after today" after a while the laughing man in black stops and presses the button for the elevator, after the doors open he gestures for Lexiel to enter "I promise that I won't shoot you".

Halley picked navy blue for the color and biker for the style. She put on the helmet as she waited for the jacket to arrive. She noticed Lexiel chasing after the blonde guy, but she decided to let her handle it.

He flicks out the tablet, and confirming the location, walked up the guards. "I'm with the lady," Visrii nods to Lexiel. "Though I ain't such a sucker for shitheads, she's mine to protect."

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Well...that was incredibly suspicious... An austrian man glowering at him, and then departing soon after with a bang was slightly disconcerting to Edmond.  He was about to exit the store, when passing a locked display case of electronics, another quick thought passed his mind. Turning to the cashier, he said, "What's the cheapest phone you have here?"

Stuffer Shack

The woman at the counter lazily responds with "You know that brick like thing? The Metalink is worth 100 nuyen, it is the cheapest Commlink we have in stock".

Weapon's World

If the party decides to enter the elevator, they would find it to immediately jolt upwards to a third floor, opening up to reveal a roomy hallway, with windows showcasing various target practice rooms with paper and robotic targets.

In the room on the far end of the hallway a man who had at some point appeared imposing is tied to a target, as the blonde haired man from earlier is attempting to reassemble an old AK 47.

The Church

The woman eventually gets tired of Theodore's silence, and proceeds to walk towards the church's doors, before performing the old barbershop knock quite audibly in a manner that allows Theodore to hear and hopefully recognize the knock, after the double doors open she appears to wink at him before entering.

There appears to be a strong smell of what is quite possibly weed wafting out of the door.

Halley

Halley's Navy blue biker jacket arrives, nothing really special happens, other than the imposing looking Austrian man staring at her general direction behind a pair of Sunglasses that is.

The 3rd floor's Smell of the day: Gunpowder

The Church's smell of the day: is that....Incense?

Stuffer Shack: Hotdogs

Smell of the day for Halley: Synthetic Leather

Halley put on the jacket swiftly. It reeked of the distinct smell that came with new clothes. She turned to the Austrian man and said "What's wrong, big guy?" Her voice was slightly muffled by the helmet.

"Ah? Alright...actually, I don't need that. Thanks anyway." It would be fairly useless once I left this world, I expect. And Marisa probably wouldn't want it...where to go now, I wonder...

Edmond smiled to the cashier, and exited the store, making his way back towards the Psychedelic Pirate. He walked up to the Bouncer, hands in his pockets.

"Do you have any idea where the person I was with before wandered off to? Theo was his name; the one who was searching for marijuana." He paused.

"I don't want any...I just want to know where he went. I heard there were some other interesting goods..."

The bouncer sighed before saying "The Church at 48th street, just try to use that nose of yours and prick up your ears, if you hear religious hymns and smell what some might think is incense, then you have arrived, also what? Don't the both of you have phones or something?".

Status

Edmund's cash: 970¥