• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Geez, you guys think I'm some kind of addict now? I just like to smoke weed occasionally, what's the big deal?"

Theo also goes to the exit of the alley, and sends out a ping of sound, like a sonar blip. It is on the lower edge of human hearing, so if anyone even noticed it, it would just sound like their ears popped. 

Visrii climbs down after the group, inspecting the strange environment around him.

Looks shit, this place. Like the Slums but the entire realm is covered with it.

"I'm guessing you people probably know more about this place than I do. Is there some kind of central vantage point we can pick out of this place?"

Visrii asked.

Izumi Kurosawa; Alleyway

A dove lands on the Kurosawa's shoulder flying in from seemingly nowhere and whispering into her ear before vanishing once more.

"It's in the bag. Wouldn't recommend you mess with it right now -  the cops, if they really are that, seem to know where it was. They're at the dumpster now, haven't moved much from it. May wanna stash this bag away as well, it's got the wire and my gun, not things to be caught carrying."

"I'm guessing you people probably know more about this place than I do. Is there some kind of central vantage point we can pick out of this place?"

"The rooftop was a nice vantage point. We just have to go north from here."

Halley quickly walked out of the alley, squashing the syringes as she went. The smell wasn't -as- bad as before, but it was still pretty bad. She had already gotten sick of the alleyways because of it.

Edmond would be greeted by the sight of a run down street, the people outside of the alley are....interesting to say the least, they give the general impression that a fantasy kingdom has decided to hold a "Cyberpunk" fair, in the sense that a 11 foot tall, two horned muscular man in a suit had just walked by, and other than a few suspicious looking glances by the more "human" looking men and women, they appear to treat the man as just another fact of life, that and the various pointy eared men and women, and the odd human height, muscular and somehow tusked people who wear rather ratty or padded looking clothes, you feel like staring wide eyed at the horned man would be a bad idea.

Halley would be greeted by the comparatively fresher smell of the open street, although she can't help but over hear some hushed conversations, usually about what band a certain group of flashy looking individuals are from, or what they were doing with that immodest looking woman inside of an alley, but the hushed conversations seems to die off after a bit of time, everyone knows what groups of people do with immodest looking people in alleys right?

Theodore succeeds in vaguely annoying the horned man for a bit, and he glances for a moment at the party, he seems to be keeping an awfully tight hold of the briefcase he is carrying now, and he seems to be walking in a much faster pace now.

A smiling man wearing a brown coat walks up to the group, you notice pointed ears underneath his red hair, and he greets the group with "Found you".

Smell of the day: Playing cards
Things of Interest: A horned man that seems to be running away from the party, a red haired man that seems to have found someone.

?????: 1 ????? containing ????? amounts of ?????, it is called an ???stick

?????: 0.01

Edited by Cronos5010

Lexiel moves out of the alley in time to hear that we've been found.  "Really?  Then why..."  She trails off and coughs a few times, lowering her voice to an octave more typical for a tall woman with her well-muscled build, and roughening it up enough that she sounds, well, more human.  "Why exactly are you looking for us?"

The man stops for a moment, and seems to be considering something; his smile widens for a moment as he says "Let's play a game, I am a four letter word for an object that used to be made out of paper and ink, I contain much information that can be misused by unscrupulous men and women, what am I?".

So not everyone's human, at least in the sense I'm familiar with...

Who was this odd man, who seemed to know the ragtag bunch?

"Wait. You're a book? I was about to ask who you were, but I suppose that's irrelevant now...How nice to meet you! I've never met a talking book before."

What possessed Edmond to diverge along this whimsical, if slightly sarcastic tangent, we may never know. All that is certain is that he did so.

"Do you know who we are?"

Edited by Strider

"Top Secret Classified Information, great." Halley answered, not very amused. "It'll be better for all of us for you to just get straight to the point, Mister Classified." She paced around the man, rather suspicious of him.

"Oh ha fragging ha, I'm getting sarcasm from the military engineer, how cute, but yes the answer was 'B-O-O-K', for this particular question, the answer was B-O-O-K. I am not a talking book I'm afraid, although that would have made a nice change of pace, but who I am is a man looking for one of these B-O-O-Ks, in the possession of a group of five letter words for people who really should know better".

The red haired man stared daggers at Theodore, "I am hoping that I hadn't accidentally intercepted a group of one of those five letter words.".

He chuckled at Halley's response "Hah I'm afraid not, that is nowhere near being a four letter word.".

but to Psymund he simply said "Are. You. Fucking. Kidding me?".

"You know who we are, then? I'm assuming that you were the one who summoned us?"

The man before Edmond was fairly disturbing in his general demeanor. Edmond frowned, and stepped back.

"You don't need introductions, correct? So what do you need us to do?"

He may wish to stop speaking in riddles, considering how poorly we did on the first...especially since it wasn't that hard...

Edited by Strider

Lexiel considers the guy for a few seconds.  "Uh-huh.  Is this guy making sense to any of you?  Because he's trying to insinuate something, and he's not being very good at it.  See, the thing about codes is that you kinda have to set them up with the other people beforehand, or you just get a bunch of blank looks.  Yeah, like that," She indicates Psymund's helpfully confused expression, "So you can make sense, or we can walk away.  I've sure got nothing invested in your gibberish at the moment.  Unless that five letter word was 'bitch', in which case I'm going to weld the contents of your coin purse together first.  I'd hate to fail to live up to expectations."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

The corners of the man's mouth seemed to twitch for a moment as he heard Lexiel speak "Yes, yes I get it, none of you can decipher riddles." the man sighed and continued with "There is a book that has fallen into the wrong hands, that needs to be rectified, and while I would love to stay and chat about vaguely illegal work out here in the dirty streets; I mean sure it seems fitting, but I like to do things my way, I assume that all of you have found the cards yes? You have all read them?" his hands appear to be knitting something for a moment.

Edited by Cronos5010

Edmond reached into his pocket, and pulled out six of the business cards. They were slightly crumpled, but hopefully that would not be an issue. He held then up before the man, inviting a response. Actually, some people may not have seen them... He turned to those behind him.

"The cards say that we need to head to this place, and say 'Harlequin' to the bouncer."

Turning once more to the man, he said:

"So you want to discuss this further when we get there?"

Edited by Strider

"Yes, exactly, just get there and we can talk about invading a technically sovereign country who are performing human sacrifice as part of an experiment that will-you'll find out more about that later, also no, you must find a way to work in the words Harley Davidson and Quinn into the conversation, the bounces does not love unsubtle people", parts of the red haired man appear to crystallize as he mutters something, he snaps back up to stare directly at the group "I will see you all at the Psychedelic Pirate".

"Great, a shitty riddle speaker. If everyone else here dances around with words, I'll eat Climax." Visrii remarked dryly.

The motive of this strange man was unclear; if anything, Visrii guessed this wasn't related to Trespassers they were supposed to track down. 

"Ugh, whatever. Let's go." Halley only knew one thing - the riddled man had a job for them. It sounded like some sort of crime-busting... taking down a cult of some sort. It was a fresh experience for her, so she was rather excited. Though, the man that spoke in riddles...

She walked north, looking for the bar.