S2 Redemption League Leader Reveals

Melody

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fumble said:

well, the leaders are ranked by their capability and success rates, and electric/grass are considered some of the worse monotypes (especially w/o legendaries for electric, rip Tapu Koko and Zapdos)

and plus they were first and second last season too so ye

although i was hoping Olivia went up a bit since she has Megas (cough Venusaur) to abuse now but oh well

Pretty much. Electric-types often have very poor coverage in general so this means that basically any Ground-type surrounded by a good core can easily wreck an Electric-type team, meanwhile Grass-types have several weaknesses and aren't that strong offensively, creating a lot of opportunities for sweeping.

23 minutes ago, Sarun said:

Pretty much. Electric-types often have very poor coverage in general so this means that basically any Ground-type surrounded by a good core can easily wreck an Electric-type team, meanwhile Grass-types have several weaknesses and aren't that strong offensively, creating a lot of opportunities for sweeping.

Tell that to my rock mono team that doesn't have any ground types

2 hours ago, Sarun said:

Grass types' biggest issue I feel is their limited ability to deal with their weaknesses. Megazard Y especially is a massive pain to deal with and every grass type that can deal with him is really slow. Like it's possible to beat a flying team with a grass team but beating  fire with grass is like really really hard to pull off.

Thing about grass is that you can't rely on simply overpowering your opponent since it's likely not going  to happen. Usually you need to wear them down slowly with status/life drain/hazards then have your heavy hitters clean up if possible, but regardless the type demands a patient playing style. Grass can actually be quite resilient  when their weaknesses aren't exploited due their recovery options and ability to hinder opponents with status, helps that a few of them have reasonable bulk too. I think Megasaur is a good rep of the grass style and it helps that his ability lessens some of grass' defensive weaknesses, though he still falls victim to some of the bigger threats to the type.

You also need remember that none of this is intentional, and that since all leaders can change around, it's more than likely if they do well they'll just go up and up if they hold more and more wins as well. As previously stated, no one is cemented in place...Now if they lose to the same consecutive mon due to not having a reliable counter on the other hand, that will also be addressed. *cough* so will repetitive mon strategies as well.

In other news, whom would like to guess the next type after Electric and Grass and what their ace is?

26 minutes ago, Nagisa_Hideyoshi said:

Are the leaders restricted to the same roster and moves like the players? Just curious... I'm no Cacturne btw

Hide contents

[HorribleSubs]_Bakuon!!.jpg

Here we go, again, with this pic. Since no one stopped me.

nope, leaders are free to switch anything they want (besides their ace ofc, but they can switch their ace's moveset, item, etc.)

1 hour ago, Melody said:

You also need remember that none of this is intentional, and that since all leaders can change around, it's more than likely if they do well they'll just go up and up if they hold more and more wins as well. As previously stated, no one is cemented in place...Now if they lose to the same consecutive mon due to not having a reliable counter on the other hand, that will also be addressed. *cough* so will repetitive mon strategies as well.

In other news, whom would like to guess the next type after Electric and Grass and what their ace is?

Ice? Fairy? Ghost? idk tbh with gen 7 stuff + Megas

23 hours ago, Fumble said:

nope, leaders are free to switch anything they want (besides their ace ofc, but they can switch their ace's moveset, item, etc.)

Ice? Fairy? Ghost? idk tbh with gen 7 stuff + Megas

I doubt it's Ice, to be honest. Gen 7 has made Hail teams significantly stronger by buffing Beartic as 130 attack and Slush Rush makes him a pretty dangerous sweeper in hail, plus Aurora Veil has given the type a lot of bulk, which was one of Ice type's weaknesses. Also Haley did have a pretty high win-rate for a b1 leader, so I'd imagine that Ice will go up a few ranks this season.

So, frends here we are again friends, a day later...Sorry! And I'm here to show you the next big thing except she's tiny...!

So this one will be a little different...The picture is going to be hidden, and you're going to have to find it somewhere~

1ec354424374480499a0469d3790c136.png

Summary:

Innocence at its purest, Mira is a strange little girl on a quest for friendship. Trapped in denial of her own demise, this poor ghost girl wonders why no one can look her in the eye anymore. No one knows when or how she died, or who she even was when mortal, only that she's a girl on a mission to spread love and joy. And Arceus save us from this loving spirit's wrath...

Hint: "Mira wants to play a game! We will play hide and seek! Mira will hide somewhere in this thread. Count to 30!"

P.S.S. - She is GHOST, for those of you who don't notice.

#DoneAF

7 minutes ago, Jericho said:

If you found mira make sure to rate comment and subscribe- I mean not spoiler it for others.

Liked and subbed, this gril looks like she will hug you to death

well, at least we know what her ace will be? Probably.

Just now, Swampellow said:

Liked and subbed, this gril looks like she will hug you to death

well, at least we know what her ace will be? Probably.

It's not like it's in the pi- 

You're right, it's a mystery.

1 minute ago, Melody said:

It's not like it's in the pi- 

You're right, it's a mystery.

Exactly, cannot fathom what it could possibly be. No sirree, no way to know at all. 

Why do i feel like I will have more trouble with her than the other two.

1 minute ago, Swampellow said:

Exactly, cannot fathom what it could possibly be. No sirree, no way to know at all. 

Why do i feel like I will have more trouble with her than the other two.

Because you didn't like and subscribe to her info.