S2 Redemption League Leader Reveals

Melody

Greeting challengers! I trust all of our first challenges and first day has gone well? If not you suck will hopefully do better in the coming weeks!

Tonight we're here again to do some much needing reveals, of course! 

We have here one of our returning leaders, whom I like to call Lil' Miss Attitude, although xe hates that...
Ariel, and xyr ace, Sylveon!

R2ne6m6.png

Summary:

"Grace. Power. Short Tempers. These words can only describe Ariel, the destined monarch-to-be. Rebellious against xyr upbringings, Ariel prefers to spend time outside of xyr Palace, seeking a destiny to call one's own. After forcing xyrself past the Redemption League's recruitment offices, xe made quick friends and enemies of several leaders. But the disappearance of a particular leader this season has left Ariel very worried..."

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. I admit I did not expect the fairy leader to end up next. Then again, I've never participated here, so I don't really know what to expect.

Huh, judging by those earlier reactions...is there something to expect?

• Global Mods
8 hours ago, Anstane said:

Huh. I admit I did not expect the fairy leader to end up next. Then again, I've never participated here, so I don't really know what to expect.

Huh, judging by those earlier reactions...is there something to expect?

2 hours ago, Cyczer said:

Wow fairy so soon ._.

Ariel was originally in bracket 1 in the first season, but got promoted to bracket 2.

7 minutes ago, Cyczer said:

Fairy is one of strongest type in monotype. Why we have it so early? Wasnt expecting it till Bracket 3-4

The brackets are an indicator of leader ability, not mono-type strength, especially as many leader know how to cover their team's weaknesses *cough*Venus*cough*. Ariel's not a bad trainer per-se but the leaders in the higher brackets are more skilled than xem.

...As I can see that most of fancy all the new leaders, that's good to know.

Well tonight's broadcast is brought to you by "Ame O's!" ~ "Keeping the amnesia in Reborn!" ~

*Side effects include:
- extreme memory loss.
- prevention of sleep.
- the ability to burn your house down by opening the fridge.
- being absolutely adorable.

Today we have the gentlemenliest of gentlemen... Mr. Edgar Allen Poe

18c3f8938a9d4cae80bb358faa9e5fc0.png

Summary:

"Once a master of magical illusions on the streets, Edgar "Dexter" Rodriguez entered politics and became mayor of a small town. Visitors are showered with joyous spirits from the townspeople, and of course Edgar himself. The town hosts many private festivals, and all are welcome to join in the festivities! Won't you join them?"

Is that the Psychic leader? Wow. I admit Fairy being low was a bit expected because, while powerful, they don't get much coverage to deal with their weaknesses. But I did not expect Psychic to end up this low.

If that's not the Psychic leader, then I'm not sure which one it is.

10 minutes ago, Anstane said:

Is that the Psychic leader? Wow. I admit Fairy being low was a bit expected because, while powerful, they don't get much coverage to deal with their weaknesses. But I did not expect Psychic to end up this low.

He is the same person as Dexter, who was the Psychic Leader in S1 - so you are correct to assume that he is the Psychic Leader (I mean, look at his new Ace Pokemon)

17 minutes ago, Anstane said:

Psychic isn't really that strong of a type anymore as it was in the early gens. Sucker Punch basically annihilates the vast majority of Psychic sweepers and they don't have that many reliable counters against Dark types, as Focus Blast has a ridiculously low accuracy rating. Plus, Bug types have gotten extremely strong with the recent gens so that further makes the squishy type even worse.

1 hour ago, Sarun said:

Psychic isn't really that strong of a type anymore as it was in the early gens. Sucker Punch basically annihilates the vast majority of Psychic sweepers and they don't have that many reliable counters against Dark types, as Focus Blast has a ridiculously low accuracy rating. Plus, Bug types have gotten extremely strong with the recent gens so that further makes the squishy type even worse.

Ah, I see. Well, I don't exactly have many answers to Psychic-type except to just brute force my way through and taking advantage of secondary typings, so it might be tougher for me then for others.

Edited by Anstane

48 minutes ago, Inferand said:

Oh god. Trick room shenanigans this early? Yikes.

Kind of a little late for that. 2 of the B1 gym leaders are already basically abusing the living hell of TR right now.

2 hours ago, The God Fist said:

Wait, wasn't this guy one of the higher ranked leaders in S1? Now he's only in bracket 2.

IIRC, he was a B6 leader but also had a very low win-rate as he had very few challengers. I thought that he'd fall a few tiers, but to fall directly to B2 is kind of unexpected.

Tonight's final leader reveal of Bracket 2 is brought to you by the magnificent Bazaro. Bask in my glory! Bask!

Haley: Ice

78214d3c288346748d24180aca5bb932.png

A brilliant young girl, Haley grew up an orphan, caring for not only herself but her sister, Helen for 10 years. Self-educated in books and on the streets, Haley has grown to shut out the cold, unforgiving world around her, symbolized by the coat she seemingly never takes off. She often comes across as cold, but under the rough exterior beats a warm heart.

Dammit I was hoping it wouldn't be Ice! I was hoping Ice could at least make it to Bracket 3!

In seriousness, with all the buffs Ice got this gen, I really thought it could make it to a higher starting position.

Edited by Anstane

Hayley is back in B2...but she's going to be even tougher than season 1. This B2 looks scarier than S2's B2. Hayley was notorious as the wake-up call boss so to speak in season 1.

Though yeah the brackets aren't always consistent in terms of actual difficulty. Like Mira is seemingly better than Alicia from S1 despite being B1 instead of B2. Ninia was like B3 in S1 despite having worse W/L ratio than some of the lower brackets. It's more leader skill > type but at the same time some leaders don't always match up to their bracket placement. Really Hayley had zero business being in B1 last season. There was a notable gap  between her and Nick/Olivia. Should've had Alicia there TBH, but I suppose that's why Mira is in B1 now instead.