2016 Holiday Loot Thread

Maelstrom

Whether we were naughty or nice, we all still got away like bandits, I'm sure. Share some or all of that sweet holiday swag.

Here's my raid loot:

That thing I really wanted and almost bought for myself: The Moana Soundtrack. Godot can attest to me listening to "We Know the Way" ad nauseum (for him).

It's cheating when your closest cousin asks you want for xmas but ya know....

A coin counting electronic bank- I currently have a few crown royal bags full of coins scattered in a few places that I dip into for laundry and parking meters, so this is real nice.

$30 gift card to gamestop- my entire family knows I'm a gamer. But I'm also pretty picky and generally buy all the games I really want myself, so they can't buy games for me the way they could when I had the grand monthly allowance of $5.

2 prepaid cinemark movie tickets and a gift card to regal theaters. So my tickets to see AC, and upcoming DC/Marvel movies are taken care of. Plus 2 free tickets for donating blood to United Blood services in recent months. Karma says to go to the movies and have feels.

My own care package of my aunt's famous brownies. I couldn't get enough of 'em when I was a wee chocolate fiend, and they're still great to this day. Just gotta raid my parents' fridge for milk...

Oh, and $360 altogether told. I don't think I've ever gotten this much moolah from a holiday or birthday before.

I might have a few more things coming my way, but that's definitely all of it for now.

Some of my notable gifts are:

Jelly Bellies. Why do they want to make me fat? xD

Dragon Quest 7. I asked for that one.

Two bracelets, one saying "daughter" stuff and the other "sisters" stuff. They're so sweet.

A bunch of delicious little chocolates. Seriously?

Oh, and a new computer. Don't ask me about the specs. It's not set up yet, and I'm utterly clueless.

• Supporter
  • New slippers!!! (omg, yas)
  • Cozy and soft throw blanket and sock combo!!! (also yas)
  • Hollister body wash and cologne (!!! haven't had this stuff for like a year!)
  • Some Beats earbud type things? (admittedly not thrilled about this -- I'm really particular about my headphones -- so I might do some delicate manuvering to try and see if my mom will just return them and keep the money as they spent way more on me than I anticipated, but I don't wanna be ungrateful, ugh.)
  • Some movies
    • Zootopia
    • Inside Out
    • Alice Through the Looking Glass
    • The Hoopa and Diancie Pokémon movies
  • Some games
    • Fire Emblem Fates Birthright
    • Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
    • Disney Magical World 2
    • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Random candy! <3

I got €130. I used 100 of it to get a PaySafeCard for buying stuff online. Expecting to get another 100 in January which I'll save up and possibly put towards buying a Nintendo Switch. 

I've bought 2 copies of Civilization 6 intending to give the 2nd to someone. I apparently forgot how to read and didn't notice the keys were EU only despite there being a clear warning of such on the site I bought them from(person I wanted to send the key to was in the US). And there's a no refund policy on top of this. So I'm stuck with 2 keys for the same game. And all this was after this site charged me a stupid amount for using PaySafeCard to shop there. >.>

Right now I'm waiting for the machines down at the shop to let me buy 3Money vouchers or PaySafeCards worth less than €50 so I can get the rest of what I want off Steam. And I still have no clue what I'm gonna do with the 2nd code.

Edit: Also, my brother got me 2 pairs of trousers.

Edited by Captain Breakfast

• Dell P4317Q monitor. It's a 43" 4K monitor that can be divided into smaller monitors, like 4x 1080p monitors.
  • Beats Bluetooth eartbuds
  • Xbox One headset
  • Some HDMI headphones and matrices
  • A lot of really nice clothes
  • Giftcards and money
  • Lots of candy

I'm really fucking happy about the monitor

Got an actually ginormous (I.E. more than twice my normal haul of three) number of games due to the generosity of friends and a little cash from family. In order of how addicted I am to each

• CrossCode (Despite what Steam thinks, I have around 20 hours into this already)
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • 100% Orange Juice (and a few DLC for it)
  • Nuclear Throne
  • Battlerite (AKA Lexi plays infinity Lucie)
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII
  • Rabi-Ribi
  • VA-11 Hall-A
  • FTL

I also bought Khimera's little $1 DLC which was fun to be able to do, made me feel all warm and fuzzy

Got a ton of handwarmers, which is great, I'm pretty much set for the next five years of my life. Two more Xbox 360 controllers, both actual Microsoft controllers too. I had no idea how low quality the sticks were on my generic ones. Pants.get(yay);

I got $20 more today so I'll probably get the rest of OJ's DLC and 2-3 more games tomorrow depending on which things I decide to get

I had a pretty good Christmas this year, considering that I didn't actually ask for anything. My family got me stuff anyway, and they knew me pretty well.

The Last Guardian - I waited 5 years for this and would have bought it the day it came out, but my family told me not to buy anything until Christmas because they were buying gifts, so I resisted the urge. They knew how much I've been obsessing over that game for the past couple years though. Glad to have it now.

World of Final Fantasy - I hadn't actually read much about this outside of hearing its announcement, but it looks like it'll be a lot of fun. My mom got me Day 1 Edition too somehow, so I got a bunch of cool DLC stuff for it. Pretty excited to play through this one. It's been too long since I played a classic RPG.

A really nice Columbia hoodie - I love hooded pullover sweatshirts, so this is a really great gift that I wouldn't have thought to ask for. I needed more too.

$80 total in cash (from various relatives)

$25 Gas Card

2 books - My dad always gets us somewhat obscure books as part of his gift, but they're usually pretty interesting and things I would never have known about if not for him. I can't recall the titles off hand right now though.

And then I've got an unopened card from my aunt for my birthday in a few days. I'm guessing there's a bit more money in there, given their previous gifts.

All in all, it's been a pretty good Christmas. I didn't really find myself wanting much, now that I've got a job and can buy most things myself, but my family found things that I like and probably wouldn't have bought on my own (aside from The Last Guardian).

I got some pretty nice stuff imo.

Waaaaay better than last year.

- A Harley Davidson keyrack. Looking real classy af in my house. Hope I won't lose my keys anymore now.

- A mug with my cat on it. Not really hard since all black cats look the same. But I needed one anyway so very happy with it.

- A cactus. I like those. Probably the only plant I can't kill because I'm not giving it enough water.

- And some money. Always usefull.

some nice wool socks that i love

a new car radio which ive needed so badly

tools (yay!)

cologne (mont blanc legend, it's my favorite scent)

and i bought myself a new laptop as an early christmas present to myself earlier this month

On 2016/12/25 at 11:40 PM, KosherKitten said:

I got $20 more today so I'll probably get the rest of OJ's DLC and 2-3 more games tomorrow depending on which things I decide to get

And here's more things, ended up being $30, yay me. I am now broke for the year

c08918a3388a46d4870bd25763276cd6.png

Underlined the not DLC stuff

I like Nepgear a lot, but I gotta say, Necrodancer was by far the best purchase of the bunch

I didn't wish for anything this year because I'm trying to save up as much money as I can for my US vacation next year. Subsequently, most of my holiday gifts for both my birthday and Christmas consisted of money and sweets.
I did, however, also get an Arceus shirt from my sister.

I'd consider the various cards I got from my friends loot, too, though! It feels really great to look at a whole stack of holiday cards/letters from all over the world. Reminds me that there are all kinds of amazing people who care about and love me. One of them sent me a cute card with a poofy lil' robin on it. Another compensated for the lack of birds on the card by drawing a hummingbird on the inside. My friends are wonderful people~

Edited by ZEL