[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

Andre loudly opens the ballroom door and walks in looking about in wonder. He'd never seen such a fancy place outside of movies. He's also never been one to avoid walking in on private moments either apparently, though it's not like there was a do not disturb sign on the doors. Or locks...

Theodore

"I'll help out a bit, Mar."

Theo follows along behind Mar, destroying the leftover rust using Raw Resonance. First, he takes a bit of rust, and bombards it with different frequencies until he finds the correct one in order to destroy it. Then, he targets the rust in the guns, and fires the same frequency at them.

The two approach their de-rusting with vigor. Mar's thwacks leave the remaining surfaces as clean as if they'd been newly manufactured, if with some worryingly large divets in them from the depths of the rust. As the group turns away from the second set of cannons, the groaning of metal sounds, and before any of them can react, it quickly turns into the shriek of the stuff tearing itself asunder, the central gun falling off at its halfway point and slamming into the rock below, chipping and cracking it with an echoing bang.

Hiroki nods slightly at Venus's offer, though she seems to still be attempting to locate the source of the golden bauble that had dropped from the ceiling earlier. She jumps slightly as Andre barges in. 

Andre stares at Hiroki for a few seconds. Then he looks to the other person in the room with a shocked look as he gestures to the Hellfire knight.

"What the fuck!?"

He walks up to Hiroki with his hands still up pointing at her.

"HOLY SHIT! You are legit the second coolest thing I've seen to day! Like, that big dude was cooler, but holy shit, you look awesome!"

"Oh my, I am so sorry, this has never happened to me before..."

"I-I'll just go... Am I supposed to pay you for this?"

Mar states, blushing slightly and rubbing his head sheepishly.

Unless someone stops him, Mar goes to the Accessory shop.  Maybe they have intriguing things Avalable.

He also checks the Armor shop if possible. 

Ritsu

"That was...surprising. Don't worry though, this seems to be less of your fault, and more of the cannon's condition. The fact that they didn't disintegrate during this process was a feat in of itself," Ritsu consoled the man. "At least now we can see how much of the cannons are salvageable, and how much needs to be scrapped and replaced."

Empi

The girl immediately whips her phone from her pocket and starts furiously dialling a number. She puts it to her ear, waiting for it to ring.

"........straight to voicemail. Are you kidding me? Sends me to the wrong world and now I can't even get back? Come on!"

She groans, putting her phone away.

"Well. Guess I'm stuck here until my boss gets back to me on why I ended up here."

[In front of the tank]

Lexiel flies down to examine the fallen cannon barrels.  After jotting down some ideas about replacements, and possibly melting them down for the metals, she notices the conversation between Empi and Eon and heads over to see what's going on.  "Huh.  You've been cut off?  Well, um, I can't get you there myself, but I can send a message out if you can give me a good description of the plane.  No firm ETA on when it'll get there, because my acquaintance still has to find the place, but it's better than nothing.  And if they've got an extraplanar portal like you said, they should be able to find you once they get the message.  Better than nothing, at least.  Oh, sorry, here I go again off on a tangent without introducing myself.  I'm Lexiel.  Pleasure to meet you."

Hiroki blinks. "Um, thank you, I guess?" The gigantic man was intimidating in a much different fashion from Venus's somewhat offputting demeanor; it was tough to not be unnerved by someone who was over two feet taller than you and probably at least three times your body mass; though she didn't think she was at any real risk, of course, given the fact that he'd shown no hostile intent and she had a death machine to call on at will. Still, she shrunk away noticeably.

"Oh wait, hold on a moment there" Solomon takes the book he had given Isobel earlier and replaces it with a similiar book "This one is much better for someone who hasn't read the book series yet, take care, we could really use any help we can, I mean, we are struggling together now aren't we?", He decides to walk towards the noble quarters, and gets to work with making one of the rooms his own, mainly by opening the door, throwing out any non interesting junk he finds in there out, and replacing them with books.

Anyone in the Bedroom would see what looks like a vending machine, a Friendly holographic alien face is being projected from the place where normally, an input would be input.

"Come on and buy somethin'!"

The Automated voice states, the little projected head winking forward blankly.

Someone looking at the Vending Machine's contents would see it is entirely glocks and SMG's. where normally would be candy bars.  Also, magazines of the same ammunition.

Izumi Kurosawa; Barracks

"I've no partner, unless you can count the chief himself, and he's about as fun as bag of bricks. And no, not that many jobs need an arrest, Civil and Private Security are different things. Civil expects body bags, Private, that depends on your district's provider."

Dimitri Kuznetsov; Barracks

"Quantum processor." He nods a few times "Used for computing, can be implanted, it's in fashion nowadays, and I can see why, with the right software and a technician you can trust... it can be awfully useful. Mine does ballistic calcs mostly, helps me aim. Uses weyl semimetal to that it's better protected from interference, works at room temperature and above, but too much heat still causes problems. Mine? That's what I have for a brain, but that's a long story, not sure if I can say it even. My drones use them as well, helps them aim and process what they see."

Izumi Kurosawa; Barracks

A curt nod, and with that, she returns to her work.

"Okay, let's see if this works..."

The ofuda was a simple piece of paper, inscribed, thanks to Dimitri, in permanent marker. The symbols upon it are angular, written with seemingly inhuman precision, each filling a perfectly square area, they are comprised not just of simple strokes but also dots and filled-in areas, drawn far faster than what ought to be possible. It was Divine Script, a text with roots tracing all the way back to kanji, though now, of those present, only Izumi could understand.

"Protection."

She places it inside the kamidana and closes the doors.

A gentle breeze sweeps through the room, bringing with it the faint smell of rain. Upon the monolith's surface, moisture accumulates, droplets forming and merging until the entirety of its structure was veiled in water. The doors seal. The eye blinks. Once, just once, as if to confirm everything was in order. And then, came his voice.

"Warning. Unidentified presence detected. Inbound."

"Commencing scan... Scan complete. Entity verified as an unregistered god."

"Arriving at current position in 3... 2... 1..."

Kurosawa steps back, her weapon already in her hands.

Edited by Empiricist

KYLE JOHNSON HERO OF LOS SANTOS

Understandably Kyle is looking a little perturbed, mostly due to the fact that he is in fact without a weapon. It's kind of unnerving in the way that taking a stripper home and then realizing you don't have a condom is.

"Uh, should I be worried about this? I feel like I should be worried."

MEANWHILE, IN TOWN

Mar would find a rather plain looking building with a sign that says "Barbie's Badges, Baubles, and Buffing Bedeckments" in large friendly letters above the door. Looking in a window would show that the store is filled with row upon row of accessorizing bits and bobs. The store is mainly wooden as are it's furniture but the items inside it range from about Neolithic to from the Far Future to things that can't quite be comprehended but must be useful if they're asking for money for them. The counter is not in sight at the moment.

Hiroki slowly reaches out and shakes the hand, silently hoping he didn't try to yank her arm out of its socket with the return shake. "I use a mech to fight. My main strategy is overwhelming firepower and enough armor to wear my opponent down faster than I, myself, go down." He would probably ask for a demonstration, given his excited attitude. . . could she calibrate it to not damage the floor and walls? She hesitated to even walk on the floors with the Knight; the thing was heavy.

Barracks

The earth shook briefly, but enough to be felt, possibly enough to unbalance anyone in the middle of a delicate task or at an unfortunate point in their walk cycle. A flash and what sounds like the crack of thunder emanates from a point about three feet in front of the kamidana that Kurosawa had set up; once the light clears, what appears to be a Japanese woman in some sort of multicolored ceremonial robe, with ink-black hair and unnatural yellow eyes that seemed to be a faint glow. The sword belted to her waist might have made her seem like a potential threat if it hadn't been for the fact that she was in the midst of collapsing to the floor in a heap of limbs, fabric, and hair; the last of which seemed to reach down to her waist and was tied with a few teal ribbons.

Izumi Kurosawa; Barracks

"Unregistered god you have entered a restricted area. Identif-" "Shit!" Kurosawa swipes the gun away and rushes to catch the new arrival.

"Hey! Can you hear me?"

"Izumi, the unidentifi-"

"-might be a threat. If she is, I'll handle it."

She checks the goddess' puls - damn it, do gods even have a pulse? Fuck, how does this even work? She's not a technician for crying out loud!

Edited by Empiricist

KYLE JOHNSON, AFFILIATE OF TREVOR PHILIPS INC.

Kyle rushes to catch the falling person as well but upon seeing that Izumi has it handled decides to weigh in on the situation.

"... You know, I wasn't really keen on the whole "There's a god" thing after I met someone claiming it after nearly dying... I think I'm over that now."

Kyle steps back a little further as he speaks. On the one hand, he could appreciate the entrance. On the other hand, he tends to make people want to kill him.

ANDRE, COOL DUDE EXTRODINARE!

Andre looks even more excited at the description.

"That's amazing! I've seen mech things before but that was unpiloted and trying to kill me. Could I get a demonstration? I'll show you something cool I can do in return!"

Say what you will about Andre, but he does give it his all when it comes to excitement.

IN TOWN

There are many things that would fit the description that Mar's is looking for. They range from Jewlery, to Watches, to what appears to be shawls or scarves of some sort. Perhaps he should start at that category. Turning around he would find a man that barely fits into the shop even compared to himself watching him silently. The man looks him up and down before speaking in a Heavy Arabic accent.

"GREETINGS FRIEND! I AM BARBY AND WELCOME TO MY WONDERFUL EMPORIUM OF WANDARS! Can I interest you in an Oil Lamp that spews blue smoke when rubbed? Or perhaps you are looking for something so dat speacial someone in your life? If so, we have a great many trinkets to appease them!"

"I would like something gaudy, I am a magic user whose magic takes many different substances, and Gems and Precious metals are useful.  Maybe a Bracelet, or even an armlet?  Simply a piece whose many materials make it excessively colorful, perhaps.  I am the one who aided in shutting down one of the local Heartless Infestations, and have the time to peruse the town before continuing on my journey."

"I may even be able to help you as well.  I can very precisely cut raw materials without tools."

"Lastly, it is shameful to ask, but do you have any jewelry garbage that would normally be disposed of?"

Mar states, looking for something small but extremely loaded with material types.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Theodore

Theo wanders the castle a bit, eventually deciding to go to town and buy some partying supplies. He winds up in the same shop Mar is shopping in. 

"Hi, do you have any party supplies? Things like disco balls, strobe lights, booze?"

The man leads Mar over to the Jewlery section where there are several such items to observe.

"Sadly friend, I already slash my prices so much that I can hardly afford to eat! But, I am not a man without gratitude! You may have one free. As for scraps of the Jewlery making process, we do not make the items we display! So sadly we can not help you there! You could always try dumpster diving! I hear it is quite fashionable to do these days!"

The very large man stares at Theo. He stares at him really really hard. It's almost a glare. It'd be unnerving if he wasn't smiling so widely or if there wasn't a gleam to his eye.

"No friend, sadly we do not offer decorations or drinks such as that. Perhaps you should try Walmart for that, yes?"