[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

"No. I said that to fuck with you guys. Yes I have a daughter. Her name's Kate. We were going to have a little father daughter time but uhh... you know."

He makes a shooting motion at himself which he accompanies with a deadpan "bang".

"Older than I thought, but I suppose it makes sense. And it doesn't sound to me like "immediately" is much of an option here, unless you know something I don't. Which I wouldn't discount as a possibility, but still."

"I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand. What of what you said was to fuck with us?"

Edited by Powder Miner

While touring the castle with Edmond, Solomon bumps into Mar who had been exploring the area, and he greets him by showing Mar one of the sword shards he had taken earlier "I think I want this on a spear, preferably a spear that contains some of the rock you had made earlier".

Name: Crude Cult-like Spear
Description: A Golden Stone Rod Clutching a Blackrock seamlesly melted into it with a Groove holding a sharp splinter of poor quality metal, It's black surfaces hold Forbidden Writing that has emerged on their knapped surfaces, Barely held back by the Golden Stone's Holy Nature.
Type: Weapon
Damage: ???
Minimum Stats: 2 Str
Weight: ???
SYN/INT Threshold/Bonus:

???

Special Qualities: ???

Material Used

1 Sword Shard

Synthesized Blackrock

Synthesized Golden Stone

People Involved

Mar: 3 Int

Solomon: 9 Int

Mar Synthesizes the Materials with which to craft this, Consuming Solomon's Sword shard by Smacking it to make the edges harder and razor sharp, then Fashioning a Spear from the Golden Stone and Blackrock.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Solomon examines Mar's methods and quietly casts a certain spell to help Mar out, Solomon doesn't know how much it would help, but I'd say that the ability to override fate with your own will would be quite useful.

Solomon helps Mar out with crafting by casting Ahead by a single page on Mar.

Edited by Cronos5010

Eon

"I see. Well, I hope you will at least consider what your plans are if you do succeed in your tournament. I've seen far too many worlds collapse due to someone not thinking about the future. If its fine with you, could you tell me your reasoning for fighting in the tournament? Did you simply wish to win, or did you have some other goal in mind?" Eon again inquired, somewhat interested in the knight's motives.

Seeing Kyle seemingly well all the sudden, Halley decided to go on a treasure hunt around the castle, bringing back what could be useful to the team.

First, she visited the Barracks, there she found some ingots lying next to a smithy. "Hm, I've seen something alike in one of the Maverick factories I've raided. Let's see... " She recalled a video from her memory. The factory automated the process, but it was still obvious what goes where. She dumped some coals lying on the ground into a foundry and blasted them with her arm cannon, setting them ablaze. Then, she filled the pot with ingots. After a few minutes, the various metals melted together into a bizarre alloy. She poured the molten steel into a small pot, waiting for it to be cooled down. "Mr. Mar, come and see what I made!" Halley yelled down the hallway, her voice filled with excitement.

Eon

"That's fine if you don't wish to. You must have your own reasons for keeping your secrets, and I won't judge you for that," Eon remarked before curling himself up a bit to take up less space. Once Eon was comfortable, he retrieved his compendium and began to take down notes inside of it.

Kenta wanders around until looking at the different rooms until he reaches the barracks. Inside the barracks the mess hall sits and Kenta wanders in and looks at the mess. "Well isn't this nice...Suppose I should clean this place up, take stock of what we got and move from there." Kenta is talking out loud to himself he reaches behind  him to the duffle bag he carries and pulls out an apron. For a moment he stands looking at the apron blinking because it is pink and frilly and it has some kind of weird ruffled bottom. "Of course this is what they give me..." he puts it on and sets to work leaving his bag by the door. 

Once again Leon only watch the whole conversation. Feeling bored he decide to explore the castle tank.

Impressive. I wonder who built this place and why they made it so that the castle is capable on moving Not to mention those cannons, damn...

After he stop exploring  the castle, lean himself on the wall in one of the hall, he took a golden locket from his pocket, open it and reveal a picture of a girl.

Sigh that bitch is still alive and is probably trying to harm Mia... and here I am, trying to save the multiverse. I hope she's okay.

Once he's done thinking of his friend, Leon continue exploring the castle. In the middle of his exploring, he come across Solomon and Mar crafting something.

"What are you guys crafting? Seems interesting."

Edited by LeonVermillion

((OOC: Edmond was exploring, and anything that is not reasonable to pick up will be removed from this post once Murdoc sees it. So don't assume he has any of it yet. This OOC part will be deleted once all is confirmed))

As Edmond was exploring the castle, he picked up a few small items that interested him. The barracks were fairly spartan, and there was nothing much of use there. As he passed through the smithy, he grabbed one ingot, and 5 lumps of coal or charcoal. I need some sort of carbon source for most things...even if all I'm doing is making steel...

The engineering bay would be of interest at some point, and Edmond recognized some of the machinery involved. However, as the castle was still moving, He thought he ought to wait a while until they were stationary before messing with the most likely magical machine.

The servant quarters were of interest to him, and he slowed down as he entered. There were individual bedrooms here, and reasonably well-furnished ones too. He entered one of the smaller rooms, and began to search through the ((assumed, will remove if necessary)) the personal furniture, including the wardrobe and nightstand. 

I doubt anything from the rooms of the royalty has been left behind, but perhaps the servants rooms were overlooked?

Search through one servant's room furnishings.

As soon as he had finished his brief explorations, he wandered back to the smithy where Solomon and Mar were intently focused on some project.

"Mind if I watch? Also...the castle feels like it's slowing down."

Edited by Strider

Mar goes over, looking at the blazing furnace and urn full of Bizarre Alloy.

"Do you mind if I test a thing or two?"

(6, 9) Testing the Bizarre Alloy's Mana type, it seems to be a Strange Time Mana, which forces what is in it's grasp to speed up or slow down or stop or skip in time, with no control over when what one happens... For now.

"This Metal's Mana attunement seems to be of little use to me, It Makes Time skip, stop, speed, and slow on what it affects, and I can't control which one it does."

Next, Mar Checks it's material properties.  Yup, That's Metal.

"Is there anything you would like me to try and make from this?  I am no smith, but I can carve it to shape."

"Also, it strikes me that we have only just met, You know me, but It seems I don't recall your name, could you refresh me if my memory has gone?"

Edited by Hal Henderics

Venus

Most of the previous irritation Venus had harbored had gradually faded as the team began to adjourn to and explore the aged, ancient castle. A man who had lived a life of prolonged luxury, Venus maintained a phlegmatic, uninterested exterior as he surveyed the rooms and venues, for the most part unimpressed by what the castle had to offer; he had been exposed enough to such grandeur and palatial places that he began to find them commonplace and dull, finding more....normal and, in the eyes of the spoiled nobles he once used to chatter with, 'substandard' residences more welcoming. He had found those places, instead, to be more idiosyncratic and refreshing to his tastes, most of such opportunities coming from his days and work as an assassin, where he would be forced into staying at modest inns or homespun alleyways instead of the comfortable rooms and five-star hotels he had been so accustomed to. He, at best, managed to entertain his curiosity to the long untouched ballroom, yet its lack of maintenance and radiance throughout the years of abandonment meant that Venus would knew of other dance halls of a much higher standard than what had been laid out before him, much like the one in his theater. Venus had always possessed a love for such places, but the ballroom displayed before him reawakened memories he had long kept -- it had admittedly been quite a while since Venus had engaged in a dance, knowing that he had not done so ever since a certain incident that happened a year ago. He reached for his sack he hid beneath his cloak close to his chest, where the ruby rose of ore laid itself, like a carmine, exposed heart. The heart had been meant for someone else -- as of why he still had it, only Venus would know. 

Reaching for his bag as his thoughts swayed at the reminiscence brought about by the hall before him, a hardened surface reached his fingers as he remembered the golden items he had picked up from Eon; they were useless to him as of now, unless he had a way to melt them, or at the very least, reduce them to smaller pieces; the weight of these items admittedly took a toll on him, and the current situation had no significant demand for vigilance nor preparation, leaving most of the group entitled to their own activities and engagements. Returning to the main room, Venus noticed Aurora in a corner, busy weaving...something of a sort he had little interest in knowing better. The predatory teammate likely had her insatiable hunger still unchecked. The idea of asking the spider's assistance with the gold struck him, but Venus knew he had to have some way to return the favor first, and killing a teammate for his or her flesh and feeding it to her in exchange certainly wasn't an option. 

The only edible Venus had with him at that moment was an exquisite, expensive glass of red wine. It was likely that one of his obsequiously loyal servants put it in his bag in case he needed a fine drink. Venus took a small sip of the bottle of wine, enjoying the fragrance of the alcohol it gave me blended with the scent of rose petals that laid within in, enhancing the flavor. Would spiders do well with wine?  He had little to lose, quite frankly; monstrous as she looked with a presumable instinct to bite off any being of flesh that stood near, she had mostly partaken in aiding the injured members of the party during the previous battle. Aggressive as she was, Venus had reason to believe that she had little hostility towards the members of the group. Her arachnid lineage seemed sufficient for what Venus needed, and wondered if the drink would suffice in appeasing the spider. He had little need for the beverage, at the end of the day. 

Approaching Aurora, Venus held out the bottle of wine and placed it in front of her. "For you," he said; he remained unsure of whether or not it was a suitable offering. "Unsure I am if you're one to drink wine, but maybe its color might appease you. And enjoy it if you would -- a favor I must ask of you, my altruistic arachnid." 

2 hours ago, Hal Henderics said:

Mar goes over, looking at the blazing furnace and urn full of Bizarre Alloy.

"Do you mind if I test a thing or two?"

(6, 9) Testing the Bizarre Alloy's Mana type, it seems to be a Strange Time Mana, which forces what is in it's grasp to speed up or slow down or stop or skip in time, with no control over when what one happens... For now.

"This Metal's Mana attunement seems to be of little use to me, It Makes Time skip, stop, speed, and slow on what it affects, and I can't control which one it does."

Next, Mar Checks it's material properties.  Yup, That's Metal.

"Is there anything you would like me to try and make from this?  I am no smith, but I can carve it to shape."

"Also, it strikes me that we have only just met, You know me, but It seems I don't recall your name, could you refresh me if my memory has gone?"

"yeah we have only just met. this guy mention your name," as he pointed at Solomon, "if I recall it right, your name Mar was it? Call me Leon. Leon Vermillion, I'm not good with remembering people's name so apology if I'm wrong." As Leon sighs to himself.

"Well met, I am going against my better judgement and making a Spear for Solomon, made from a Black Edrich Rock Sealed with a Golden Solar Stone, and bearing a sharp Metal Spearhead."

"There is also this giant Lump of Metal.  I have not decided what I want to do with it yet, so I am open to suggestions, as mentioned, I am no smith, but I can Carve this metal as easily as other materials."

Aurora

The spider cocked her head in a mixture of confusion and curiosity as one of the flesh-bags, this particular one among those few whom she'd not truly observed that much in all the chaos that had transpired till now, came to her with a small bottle... the contents of which she knew from it's scent alone were sweet. She paused in her weaving, stashing the mostly finished cloak of sparkling gold and black trim away in the silken bag, considering the proffered foodstuffs. The wine would do nothing to her, true... alcohol was little more than sugar water to her kind. But still, she had nothing better to do, mostly unnoticed among all the chatter of the squishes and their own dealings... aside from continuing to use up silk on projects she'd no idea who they were even meant for, at least.

Without a word, the spider accepted the bottle, giving a slow nod to signify the validity of the deal.

Theodore

Theo follows some of the others to the barracks, and watches as they make some kind of gigantic ingot.

"Hey Mar, think you could make me some armor? I've recently noticed that my tracksuit isn't the most resilient thing to wear into combat." 

Edmond stared at Solomon and Mar as they focused intensely on their project, and soon found himself yawning. He quietly exited the smithy, and tried to find his way back to the servants' quarters. The beds had looked reasonably comfortable...

He entered one of the rooms, and closed the door behind him. He looked around for a moment, and then lay down on the bed, and began to drift towards sleep.

Edited by Strider