Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

It think it's kind of obvious not all gen 7 pokemon will be available. The legendaries and ultra beasts will probably be post game and even some of the stronger ones like Alolan Muk or Marowak (Maybe even Mimikyu given it's ability) will be obtainable yet.

Speaking of Gen 7, how is evolving alolan forms going to work, since some evolve from the same base pokemon form using the same method as their Kantonian counterparts? Perhaps some could be location based (exeggute evolves into e evolves into alolan exeggutor on Terajuma perhaps)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if beta testing is presumably around half done. Then I can assume we're getting V9 at the end of next week. If not then, the close to after that. I hope. Unless somebody just so happened to stumble across a computer breaking bug that jan cant fix without dying, playing uno with god, coming back, iron man moding all dark souls bosses, and getting 8 new computers to combine into 1 supercomputer. and THEN he can fix the bug in about 8 years.

You might think it's farfetched, but people thought sending a man to the moon was farfetched too.

38 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

So if beta testing is presumably around half done. Then I can assume we're getting V9 at the end of next week. If not then, the close to after that. I hope. Unless somebody just so happened to stumble across a computer breaking bug that jan cant fix without dying, playing uno with god, coming back, iron man moding all dark souls bosses, and getting 8 new computers to combine into 1 supercomputer. and THEN he can fix the bug in about 8 years.

You might think it's farfetched, but people thought sending a man to the moon was farfetched too.

Then it might not be to long hopefully until it is released  :D 

Jan and all the staff members are really hard workers... :) 

Edited by S.paul

Just now, S.paul said:

Then it might not be to long hopefully until it is released  :D 

i just hope it is within this month or the beginning of next month and not longer

12 hours ago, Frozenwolf94 said:

I'm thinking the one on the left might be the flying gym leader and the one on the right the dark gym leader I guess?

Yeah I'm also planning to have some Gen 7 mons on my team when I start a new game, personally I'm going to pick Littin as my starter LONG LIVE THE KING! 

gonna soft reset for that shiny rowlett just cuz

So i saw the many gorgeous Vivillon shiny contributions and i wanted to ask.. will there be multiple vivillon forms in the game, like they are in canon, or only one of them will be selected for implementation?

6 minutes ago, DemICE said:

So i saw the many gorgeous Vivillon shiny contributions and i wanted to ask.. will there be multiple vivillon forms in the game, like they are in canon, or only one of them will be selected for implementation?

Jan did say all of them are accepted so ...

2 hours ago, Phoenix2345 said:

Hey guys i m new to the forum..glad to meet everyone :)

I have a doubt..will ash-greninja be available for those who took froakie as a starter in the next version?

Welcome to the forum. Don't forget to make an introductory thread in the Grand Hall.

As for Ash-Greninja, I don't think something like that will happen unless it becomes possible to soft reset until you get a Froakie with Battle Bond.

But I'm 100% sure we might get it in a later version.

Edited by Alextron

3 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

gonna soft reset for that shiny rowlett just cuz

I'm going to do that for littin but knowing my luck I'm going to get a shiny littin with a awful nature lol

25 minutes ago, Alextron said:

Welcome to the forum. Don't forget to make an introductory thread in the Grand Hall.

As for Ash-Greninja, I don't think something like that will happen unless it becomes possible to soft reset until you get a Froakie with Battle Bond.

Ash Greninja too OP. Pls Nerf Sakurai.

But seriously, that speed stat combined with a good attack would make it too OP.

We can get a Blaziken with speed boost, which is technically better.

Edited by ShadeStrider

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, DeathBoo said:

I wonder if some teams (Previous Gym Leaders) will be changed

I think a fairly substantial portion of gym leaders were getting their teams modified a bit to accommodate the gen 7 pokemon

• Developers
17 minutes ago, CobaltAxeldragon said:

Please put Online Play. Add Wonder trade as well.

It won't be a thing for Version 9, but who knows what the future may hold? 

1 hour ago, Jan said:

It won't be a thing for Version 9, but who knows what the future may hold? 

I'm actually somewhat glad, I always find myself wondertrading on reborn just to get better mons, which kinda feels like cheating but meh. Now I won't have a choice to and I wont psych myself out over cheating :D

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

I'm actually somewhat glad, I always find myself wondertrading on reborn just to get better mons, which kinda feels like cheating but meh. Now I won't have a choice to and I wont psych myself out over cheating :D

Yea I feel like using the online play features can quickly tear up the carefully crafted balance.

10 hours ago, Alextron said:

Thank you for the reply..

Will mimikyu be available early on? I would like to make it a major part of my team.

When i say early on I mean will I be able to go through gyms with it or is it a late version mon

Edited by FleetWood

You can go to the download section of the reborn to download it :D 

They should work...

There are 4 links currently

5 minutes ago, DOOMAGEDON117 said:

oh, uhm, unrelated,but where do i get pokemon reborn? i never found a link that worked ^^"

The 4th link works fine :D 

Just click on the 4 th link and the download would start automatically......

If not right click on the link and then select open link in a new tab :D 

It might work.....

Edited by S.paul