Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

4 hours ago, Mikaryu said:

How ? I tried version 7.3 that i have on my computer and it doesn't work ! And really wish to continue version 8, but nothing is happening, even tried to go to Amber's city and nothing happen :o

oh wait I missed read just go into route 6 I just past that part there no cut seen there on v8

Edited by lokighost

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12423488/1/Pokemon-Rejuvenation-Xen-s-Shadow

Look what I found! A Fanfiction of Pokemon Rejuvenation, that looks like it could be somewhat decent. Except for the Marty Stu Protagonist...

I read it earlier and I found it to be quite interesting, although it's pretty much just a written version of Rejuvenation atm. I do hope Jonathan doesn't only use Tandor-exclusive pokemon though. Looking forward to the continuation of this fanfic.

9 hours ago, Mr. Divergent said:

I read it earlier and I found it to be quite interesting, although it's pretty much just a written version of Rejuvenation atm. I do hope Jonathan doesn't only use Tandor-exclusive pokemon though. Looking forward to the continuation of this fanfic.

I just don't want Jonathan to become a Marty Stu.

Anyways, Let's talk about Krystal. Obviously she is connected in some way to the legendary Pokemon Latios. Exactly what is the connection? Is she Nim's Sister?

The Most Basic of Assumptions states that Krystal has Psychic Powers. Latios is a Psychic type pokemon. But their are other Psychic pokemon like Celebi and Jirachi. Is she even looking for Latios in particular? Or is she just looking for a Psychic type Legendary in General? 

Discuss.

12 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I just don't want Jonathan to become a Marty Stu.

Anyways, Let's talk about Krystal. Obviously she is connected in some way to the legendary Pokemon Latios. Exactly what is the connection? Is she Nim's Sister?

The Most Basic of Assumptions states that Krystal has Psychic Powers. Latios is a Psychic type pokemon. But their are other Psychic pokemon like Celebi and Jirachi. Is she even looking for Latios in particular? Or is she just looking for a Psychic type Legendary in General? 

Discuss.

Where is it stated that she has any connection at all to Latios? IIrc there have been no mentions of the 2 being connected, given that we already know so little about April/Krystal (though it might just be my infamous memory at it again)

We already know that April/Krystal and Nim are not sisters, or related at all for that matter, but instead part of the same psychic tribe, like she told us in Amethyst Cave after helping her with the Solrock/Lunatone sidequest.

Edited by TheMoltenGuy

1 hour ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

Where is it stated that she has any connection at all to Latios? IIrc there have been no mentions of the 2 being connected, given that we already know so little about April/Krystal (though it might just be my infamous memory at it again)

We already know that April/Krystal and Nim are not sisters, or related at all for that matter, but instead part of the same psychic tribe, like she told us in Amethyst Cave after helping her with the Solrock/Lunatone sidequest.

I haven't completed that sidequest. How do I complete it? What Item do i need? 

But she did suddenly decide to give away her train ticket as a Latios was flying overhead. I think there was a reason behind it.

Edit: I went ahead and completed that sidequest. It turns out that they were a part of the same tribe. That makes sense.

Edited by ShadeStrider

• Developers

Q. Jan, will there be a Rift Dex?

A. Yes! Actually, have one right now!

LdoQNEY.png

Each one will have info that was never mentioned elsewhere. People who haven't picked these up in older versions will

be able to pick them up in GDC. 

11 hours ago, Jan said:

LdoQNEY.png

Each one will have info that was never mentioned elsewhere. People who haven't picked these up in older versions will

Coooool.

Loook the SD !

I loved the story behind it's so touching.

So changing the topic, what about the champion?

Melia I think mentioned him/her and how they weren't doing anything to stop Team Xen.

What do you think?

Maybe we have met this person already ( someone with team xen, or this Kirstal forgot her name and Cressent her name thought), well but as usual I'm gonna make Cassandra the culpit (champion) and say that they (team xen obviously) brainwashed her ( I have to stop reading books ).

So what do you think?

SPEAK UP!!!

Edited by SuperNova

49 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Coooool.

Loook the SD !

I loved the story behind it's so touching.

So changing the topic, what about the champion?

Melia I think mentioned him/her and how they weren't doing anything to stop Team Xen.

What do you think?

Maybe we have met this person already ( someone with team xen, or this Kirstal forgot her name and Cressent her name thought), well but as usual I'm gonna make Cassandra the culpit (champion) and say that they (team xen obviously) brainwashed her ( I have to stop reading books ).

So what do you think?

SPEAK UP!!!

Maybe it's Madame X

20 hours ago, Jan said:

LdoQNEY.png

...We had to kill a baby.

Excuse me while I cry in guilt for about 20 years.

At least we aren't locked out of getting Volcanion though

• Global Mods

So, The progress bars haven't moved in quite a while. do we think things have been on a bit of a hiatus (wet moat work instead maybe?) or is Jan just waiting to drop a massive progress bomb on us?

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

So, The progress bars haven't moved in quite a while. do we think things have been on a bit of a hiatus (wet moat work instead maybe?) or is Jan just waiting to drop a massive progress bomb on us?

alpha testing is currently going on, so its a lot of bugfixing rn

23 hours ago, Jan said:

LdoQNEY.png

Man, I always knew that there was some sad backstory to the dimensional rift mons after fighting the chandelure that thing almost killed my entire team 5times 

It's not that hard to believe that a mysterious person such as Krystal would give up her train ticket to go catch a psychic type legendary. Besides, if she does catch it, not like she'll need a train anyways. I imagine catching, or pursuing Latios wasn't her goal, but just kinda happened and she went with it. Besides, if you were (presumably) a psychic type trainer, and you saw a Latios in the sky, I'm sure you'd give up your ticket to somebody who needed it as well. So that's my explanation as to why Krystal gave up her ticket. Besides, realistically, she could just use her Pokémon to teleport across the bridge or something, if she can't do it herself. Can't say I'm that invested in Krystal though. I'd say it'll be a while before she comes into play. I think she'll get a really big side quest or something and that's it. I think Krystal was just a plot device in short for Kanon to get a ticket. Few questions though:

(Only read this bit if you're really bored and are wearing a tin foil hat like me)

Spoiler

1. I can swear Kanon already had a ticket, if not, how did he get on the train.

2. If he was on the train, why get off without a ticket to get back on. Not like Kanon did ANYTHING in V8 except be there and look cool. (I happen to like albinos)

3. What is a Latios doing in Aevium. I understand it might be an "Oh cool, a legendary" type thing. But Realistically, why did Latios just happen to be flying over Aevium.

(Next question is a giant clusterf**k of thoughts and speculation)

4. I could ask the same question for Kyogre and Groudon, who had literally no reason to be in the story other then..., uh, hard battles? And of course, that probably means we'll be seeing Rayquaza. But aren't they the legendary Pokémon of Hoenn? Who's defending Hoenn? The Regis? Haha, no. All 3 of them can hold a focus blast. Also, the Regis are in really impractical places for them to come together to do anything. Speaking of Regis, Angie has Regice, so that leaves only 2 Regis defending Hoenn from, well, anything. And with now, fighting AND ground as a common weakness, it would be relatively easy to take them out on paper. It's not like Groudon or Kyogre can come back fast enough to help defend Hoenn from any threat considerable enough to take down the Regis (as much as I've put them down, they are legendary Pokémon and still are somewhat decently strong). Heck, Groudon is in a Pokeball right now. AAAH, so many unanswered questions. I also forgot to mention Latias who actually helps out the Regis when it comes to that Fighting ground weakness. In any case, excluding the immensely godly trainers from Hoenn, it seems like a relatively open region right now. And it's not like Madame X doesn't have a Yveltal to storm the region and genocide them all instantly, because Yveltal can, and does do that. I wouldn't be surprised if this was Madame X's scheme all along to take over Hoenn (We DID already have a gen 3 like part of the game, in the Kugearen bit) and to officially declare war on Aevium. And then from there, overpower Aevium considering Aevium is still relatively new, so I doubt Aevium has a considerable army ready. Team Xen is relatively new and they built a castle. (Blacksteeple) And then after having taking over Aevium, that's a LOT of territory and resources they now have. So from there, you start declaring war on smaller regions like Sinnoh (I think it's small), and boom, sh*t hits the fan. Keep in mind, the creation trio and Arceus reside in Sinnoh, if Team Xen starts messing with otherworldly stuff, things go crazy. Like, let's say Geara captures Giratina again. Not like it's unimaginable considering he's done a pretty good job with capturing and using Giratina wisely. Then Geara turns the creation trio against themselves. Giratina is now undisturbed and can mess up stuff from the distortion world to aid Team Xen in the raid on Sinnoh. blah blah blah, in short, unless Arceus steps in, Sinnoh is now Team Xen territory, and Madame X has basically won. Now I know you think I haven't taken into account the super strong trainers, but let's be honest, Aevium has WAY tougher trainers then Sinnoh does, and probably has a higher population. Not to mention more Gym Leaders to make use of, assuming they comply, or some qualified enough replaces them. In short. Madame X is a genius. Or Jan is, idk. BUT, Crescent stepping in and releasing Giratina definitely set this plan back a few months. OH, I also forgot to take into account how OP shadow pokemon are, and how it basically obliterates everything that is double typed, and if it's not double typed, the mons tend to be weaker.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:34 AM, Jan said:

LdoQNEY.png

nice jan

4 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

Revenant Keta= most atmospheric boss fight.

Meh. I never really liked Keta. I'd say a simple gym battle is more atmospheric then Reta's (Revenant Keta) fight. I didn't really like that whole arc in general.

• Global Mods
18 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

It's not that hard to believe that a mysterious person such as Krystal would give up her train ticket to go catch a psychic type legendary. Besides, if she does catch it, not like she'll need a train anyways. I imagine catching, or pursuing Latios wasn't her goal, but just kinda happened and she went with it. Besides, if you were (presumably) a psychic type trainer, and you saw a Latios in the sky, I'm sure you'd give up your ticket to somebody who needed it as well. So that's my explanation as to why Krystal gave up her ticket. Besides, realistically, she could just use her Pokémon to teleport across the bridge or something, if she can't do it herself. Can't say I'm that invested in Krystal though. I'd say it'll be a while before she comes into play. I think she'll get a really big side quest or something and that's it. I think Krystal was just a plot device in short for Kanon to get a ticket. Few questions though:

(Only read this bit if you're really bored and are wearing a tin foil hat like me)

Reveal hidden contents

1. I can swear Kanon already had a ticket, if not, how did he get on the train.

2. If he was on the train, why get off without a ticket to get back on. Not like Kanon did ANYTHING in V8 except be there and look cool. (I happen to like albinos)

3. What is a Latios doing in Aevium. I understand it might be an "Oh cool, a legendary" type thing. But Realistically, why did Latios just happen to be flying over Aevium.

(Next question is a giant clusterf**k of thoughts and speculation)

4. I could ask the same question for Kyogre and Groudon, who had literally no reason to be in the story other then..., uh, hard battles? And of course, that probably means we'll be seeing Rayquaza. But aren't they the legendary Pokémon of Hoenn? Who's defending Hoenn? The Regis? Haha, no. All 3 of them can hold a focus blast. Also, the Regis are in really impractical places for them to come together to do anything. Speaking of Regis, Angie has Regice, so that leaves only 2 Regis defending Hoenn from, well, anything. And with now, fighting AND ground as a common weakness, it would be relatively easy to take them out on paper. It's not like Groudon or Kyogre can come back fast enough to help defend Hoenn from any threat considerable enough to take down the Regis (as much as I've put them down, they are legendary Pokémon and still are somewhat decently strong). Heck, Groudon is in a Pokeball right now. AAAH, so many unanswered questions. I also forgot to mention Latias who actually helps out the Regis when it comes to that Fighting ground weakness. In any case, excluding the immensely godly trainers from Hoenn, it seems like a relatively open region right now. And it's not like Madame X doesn't have a Yveltal to storm the region and genocide them all instantly, because Yveltal can, and does do that. I wouldn't be surprised if this was Madame X's scheme all along to take over Hoenn (We DID already have a gen 3 like part of the game, in the Kugearen bit) and to officially declare war on Aevium. And then from there, overpower Aevium considering Aevium is still relatively new, so I doubt Aevium has a considerable army ready. Team Xen is relatively new and they built a castle. (Blacksteeple) And then after having taking over Aevium, that's a LOT of territory and resources they now have. So from there, you start declaring war on smaller regions like Sinnoh (I think it's small), and boom, sh*t hits the fan. Keep in mind, the creation trio and Arceus reside in Sinnoh, if Team Xen starts messing with otherworldly stuff, things go crazy. Like, let's say Geara captures Giratina again. Not like it's unimaginable considering he's done a pretty good job with capturing and using Giratina wisely. Then Geara turns the creation trio against themselves. Giratina is now undisturbed and can mess up stuff from the distortion world to aid Team Xen in the raid on Sinnoh. blah blah blah, in short, unless Arceus steps in, Sinnoh is now Team Xen territory, and Madame X has basically won. Now I know you think I haven't taken into account the super strong trainers, but let's be honest, Aevium has WAY tougher trainers then Sinnoh does, and probably has a higher population. Not to mention more Gym Leaders to make use of, assuming they comply, or some qualified enough replaces them. In short. Madame X is a genius. Or Jan is, idk. BUT, Crescent stepping in and releasing Giratina definitely set this plan back a few months. OH, I also forgot to take into account how OP shadow pokemon are, and how it basically obliterates everything that is double typed, and if it's not double typed, the mons tend to be weaker.

April/Krystal didn't give her ticket to Kanon, she gave it to Erin. Kanon still hasn't returned to the train as of the end of V8. 

Also, it sounds like you just met her in V8. Krystal has actually already appeared before under the name April in a sidequest in Amethyst Cave. I believe this sidequest becomes available after defeating Angie. 

For the legendaries/defending Hoenn part, in Rejuvenation's world there are probably more than one of each species of legendary Pokemon (with Arceus being a possible exception). There's an NPC who says that you can find all Pokemon in Aevium. I also remember Narcissa asking "What's a Giratina doing under Wispy Tower?" Tesla says "Stupid Kyogre, catching me off guard like that" in a way that makes it sound like she wasn't really impressed to see Kyogre and treated the situation like it was just any wild Pokemon. Geara says "Madelis's Mewtwo?" which may imply Madelis's Mewtwo isn't the only one there is. The Dimensional Rift Volcanion was taken from its mother, so we know there's more than one Volcanion. 

Just now, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

April/Krystal didn't give her ticket to Kanon, she gave it to Erin. Kanon still hasn't returned to the train as of V8. 

Also, it sounds like you just met her in V8. Krystal has actually already appeared before under the name April in a sidequest in Amethyst Cave. I believe this sidequest becomes available after defeating Angie. 

For the legendaries/defending Hoenn part, in Rejuvenation's world there are probably more than one of each species of legendary Pokemon (with Arceus being a possible exception). There's an NPC who says that you can find all Pokemon in Aevium. I also remember Narcissa asking "What's a Giratina doing under Wispy Tower?" Tesla says "Stupid Kyogre, catching me off guard like that" in a way that makes it sound like she wasn't really impressed to see Kyogre and treated the situation like it was just any wild Pokemon. Geara says "Madelis's Mewtwo?" which may imply Madelis's Mewtwo isn't the only one there is. The Dimensional Rift Volcanion was taken from its mother, so we know there's more than one Volcanion. 

Welp, there we go. It was Erin and not Kanon. The white hair and the presence of the characters not being strongly defined yet must've confused 'em for me.

And your explanation for the legendary pokemon defending hoenn was actually quite smart. That offers a bit of closure for me, so thanks. (idk if closure is the right word, but it's the one that came to mind)