Danganronpa 3 Chats and stuffs

Felicity

Wow, what an ending. What I find fascinating is Junko's ONLY WRONG MOVE throughout her entire campaign to throw the world into despair was not killing Naegi when she had the clear chance. Did you see how far that wrench got lodged into the wall, hot damn girl do you even lift?

Seriously though, you've got to hand it to Ryota. 1) He managed to not die. 2) This dude must have been THE GOD of animation to have so much skill that his techniques could make thousands of people kill themselves without hesitation. I mean if anybody deserves the title of Ultimate, it's this dude. I definitely was pinning him as the remnant but I'm happy to know that his precious little heart was pure the whole time. The guilt he carries around must be immense.

I also think it's amazing that Junko is so analytical that she can analyze how chance is manipulated around certain people.

And I suppose some time around there Junko kills Jin.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My poor baby looks so sad

4d5806f3df.png

Also

That makes me really happy that Izuru set that up to play games with Chiaki again and to give her a second chance for her hope to succeed. As unfortunate an ending as it was to zetsubou-hen, it was the best way it could end for us given all the things confirmed for us already. Also it's confirmed Ryota didn't make the suicide videos I can be at peace now.

What do you mean Izuru set the DR2 events up? He didn't add chiaki to the program, that was Makoto I thought. I do love that Chiaki was given a second chance to save them from despair and actually succeeded that time. :)

Hooray, izuru still had some humanity of hajime left to save/help chiaki. With her influence maybe that's why hajime showed up in the dg2 game instead of izuru. and from the looks of it, it sees that ryota has been clear of all suspicions (even though so much was pointed to him) . Tacos you believed in him till the end. so congrats to that. you believed in him when most people suspected him.

What are you guys talking about? Hajime/Izuru didn't save Chiaki one bit. Wasn't it Makoto who made or at least set up the program including adding the NPC chiaki? Izuru didn't appear because Makoto reverted him back to before Izuru state so obviously Hajime was all that was left. :)

• Support Squad

Note: Izuru was actually the mastermind of DR2. He uploaded the despair virus, made using shirokuma and kurokuma as a base for the personality of Junko and Monokuma, and conspired with the rest of the Remnants to go in and bring about the whole "junko in all their bodies" dealio. Thing is, the last episode of despair makes me kinda like Izuru because he's the only character who hasn't really gone blindly to each side. He doesn't immediately and unconditionally love hope nor does he completely go for despair. DR2 was his way of choosing.

Whiiiiiiich makes me think Izuru is actually on the side of hope now considering the fact that hope, and more surprisingly his old self, triumphed in the killing game. AND he may have his memories of Hajime, meaning MY BOY IS HERE in a greater capacity than he was before.

It's heavily implied in the scene following the ending credits of the episode.

How did his saying he would try to predict one or the other imply he was going to save Chiaki and how did he exactly save her because NPC Chiaki isn't the real one. :(

I got to be honest. i hope Izuru has secretly protected Chiaki and didn't actually let her die and instead hid her away from Junko because what can Junko do to him even if he was found out. Nothing because he's the ultimate being and can dodge all attacks at him.

Edited by pbood2

• Support Squad

How did his saying he would try to predict one or the other imply he was going to save Chiaki and how did he exactly save her because NPC Chiaki isn't the real one. :(

I got to be honest. i hope Izuru has secretly protected Chiaki and didn't actually let her die and instead hid her away from Junko because what can Junko do to him even if he was found out. Nothing because he's the ultimate being and can dodge all attacks at him.

Tacps didn't say Izuru saved Chiaki, he said Izuru set it up to play games with her, which you do if you hang out with her in DR2. Which is what the ending of the last episode alluded to, if Hajimes presence wasn't enough of a tip-off for you in the after credits scene.

Oh yeah your right. I almost forgot about DR0. Somewhere in there Ryoko supposed to do stuff and Matsuda dies. Would've been nice

Izuru is just a very interesting concept. It's like birth of a god and him deciding how he should treat his new subjects.

But if he has every Ultimate ability, does that mean he also has Ultimate Housekeeper powers?! I need a slice-of-life short with him vs. Chisa in who can clean up the school faster in maid outfits RIGHT NOW!

So I don't know if I'm just stretching things at this point, but while watching the end credits for mirai-hen, I guess I found some symbolic meaning. The person holding the flower is quite obviously Makoto. Throughout the end credits, he's seen bending over, being buried by petals. I assume these petals represent the lives of all those that Makoto was unable to save (All of his classmates in his first killing game, all the members of the FF that died in this killing game, and maybe, if we're stretching it, the people that lost their brain function in the Neo World Program.) We all know Makoto is easily weighed down by the death of his friends as represented through his thoughts during the suicide brainwash video. At the end, he begins to rise again from the petals that were covering him and the flower in his hand shows 5 large petals and 3 small petals. Perhaps this entire time, the flower was foreshadowing the survivors at the end of DR3. The five large petals represent the five remnants of despair that Makoto presumably restored hope to through use of the Neo World Program and the three smaller petals represent the remaining three survivors of the killing game (they're smaller as Makoto did not directly help them, he only worked alongside them to reach the end).

Originally, I was thinking that the five larger petals was foreshadowing of how many FF members would survive, but I do believe that you're onto something there. The only other thing I have to add to that is that there are actually four smaller petals on the flower at the end of the credits. The fourth is extremely hard to see, but I took a screenshot of the end of the credits

(ignore the button, that's just because of Funimation)

The fourth could be Hagakure, Makoto himself, or whoever the mystery person using Tengan's phone is.

My predictions:

1. Obviously we find out who the mastermind is or was(in case they died in their own game)

2. Munakata dies.

3. Mastermind gets rekt

4. Remaining survivors Makoto, Hina, and Ryota escape underground FF with assistance from Byakuya and Weedman.

5. Makoto, Hina, Ryota, Byakuya, Weedman meet the remnants from Jabberwock. Plot ensues.

6. Boom Hope side to conclude DR3.

7. Also Hina eats a lot of donuts because she is precious and deserves them after all this bs.

This is all assuming the mastermind is still alive and would be debunked if a certain detective survived after all(please no).

From the moment we saw the wrestler's death, we knew (thanks to the opening) that Asahina makes it to the end, and Kirigiri doesn't. The problem is that HagaWeedman does not even participate in the game, yet he is supposedly the 16th player, judging by the hints and the opening itself. So he either dies or plays a big role, since he's just an extra in both DR1 and this.

Since I just found this thread, I won't continue with things people already said (had to read 18 pages), but some things were obvious: Tengen was one of the masterminds, as pointed out by Kirigiri back in ep2 (?). The wrestler died either by suicide or the robot, so they should have found out back then that there is something wrong with it (by checking her to verify said suspicion).

Thoughts about the participants - titles used instead of names to help people (like myself) who need to check each time which name corresponds to which character

The Wrestler -- cool dude, didn't learn much about him, his extra screen time painted a red target on him --- aaand he's dead. first questionmark about the method. At first I thought his NG would be not to let anyone outside the 'ring' (=play area). Turns out this was reserved for another.

Seiko (the pharmacist) -- we know the backstory, crazy girl, just explain the situation, you had enough years to understand what happened -- idiot, died because she was always in the shadow of her best friend. Just kill her and save yourself the pain.

The Blacksmith -- Yeah, not cool bro. Trust issues should have tipped you off a long time ago to break up with her. Cool ability, points awarded for resoursefullness, deducted for thinking with your lower head. Obvious NG is obvious.

Asahina (aka the Swimmer, aka Fanservice) -- We knew she was innocent from Day1. Cool girl, mascular enough to dominate both boys in her room (this came out wrong, didn't it? shit, it sounded normal in my head), a woman whose mind one could envy (get the sarcasm?). Still honest and too trustworthy. There is a killer inside your impenetrable room, but ok let's think about doughtnuts.

The Boxer -- brutal idiot who only sees in front of his nose. Sure he has a heart of ... some valuable mineral, with little strategic ability. You'd think after being responsible for 1 person's death (that creepy non-withstanding violence soprano gorilla) would tip him off that violence is not always the solution, but NO. Hit, throw, kick, HM01 but don't punch. Props for enduring all that pain, physical and emotional, and trying to save the others even at the last moment.

Munakata -- How does one have "Student Council President" as his talent? Even if I disregard this, how does one lead an anti-despair organization with zero deduction skills? He could not find out that the people he knew since childhood were hiding something from him, that the organization he co-ran was rotten from the inside and his superior was the chief of operations, that the way people died did not hint towards a single attacker, or that the person he's hunting has already been accused and almost killed in a similar game, which HE WATCHED? I'm so glad he's going to die next episode. Well... 90% he is.

the rest are simpler to judge

I believe he's referencing it as if the opening was the deaths for each person (or at least related in someway), thus, since Hina's opening death is the feint by Monaca, he believes that she doesn't have a death. However, the opening death could easily be referencing the show itself, and have Hina die in an attack that appears to be going for someone else, but either she rushes to save them or she was the intended target after all. Either way, it is still possible that she die in a way referenced by her opening death.