Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
25 minutes ago, Victoryunderfire said:

Follow up question will the pokemon be shiny in the overworld or do i have to select them first?

They won't be shiny in the overworld. The only overworld sprites I use in Spork are of their regular colors*. People on the internet have made shiny overworld sprites for Gen 1-6 Pokemon (not Gen 7 though as far as I'm aware), but even if I added them it would be impossible for them to show up shiny in the overworld beforehand, since data about a Pokemon is generated once the player obtains it. 

*not including special circumstances or events like the Holiday Pokemon 

• Global Mods

Re-uploaded with the Nanab, Pinap, and Magost Berries (back?) in the Berry Shop because I realized I forgot to do that, and also changed Bolaii Beach's theme to this. Hemola Swamp, which also uses Bolaii Beach's previous track, still has the same theme as before. 

• Upvote 1

Well I finshed Spork and I must say I love how light the tone of this game is. While most (fan)games  have a darker story where you have an evil team(s) that threathens the lives of several, have our lives threathend all the time, fight several legendaries and fight gym leaders because you have to. In return you have spork, where you are on a holiday with your sister, you have your pet pkmn with you, the team does petty crimes and have days off and even birthday parties, don't fight any legendary and do the league challenge to enjoy your holiday and explore the region. 

I also like the themes of the region where each section is a huge tourist attraction. This combines pretty well with the theme of the game. The characters are very interesting and I just love how everyone has a personal live ven the team portal members. My favorites are Delicia and Gina. I do have to mention that some  characters are a bit more forgettable  but maybe that is because I played the game in a short period.

The maps are my biggest gripe with the game. They look pleasing (with only exception being the map borders) but are functionalitywise a bit lacking. Moving through the map feels awkward since sometimes you are blocked by open air and sometimes you can go to places that lead to nowhere. They are also quite buggy. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the marbles you could potentially find. 

Speaking of bugs i have found a bunch of map bugs through playing this game.

Bug 1 : Game breaking in the beach cleaning center

Spoiler

SPORK_BUG1.PNG.a549b7a274c47404f7cfafc1a3623cf3.PNGSPORK_BUG2.PNG.c93b607ad927df14587afb062e259229.PNG

You can move now ot the left and enter the building before you should.

Bug 2: Aloria city - Water Jesus 

Spoiler

Spork_BUG4.PNG.4dbad3f4dc9b97ed1d5a68fc1c34784e.PNGSpork_BUG3.PNG.e288f2c7875de6e4cc5cdeb60d3baad5.PNGSpork_BUG6_2.PNG.7ccdf59462c147e1703322990f94d345.PNGSpork_BUG6_1.PNG.ac0729eee987d732d96ce20e086106b8.PNG

You can move over the water and enter plzces you shouldn't. At night you can even get some daytime only maps for some reason.

Bug 3 Random block

Spoiler

Spork_BUG5.PNG.f36cde3ab7d4145103b26d8bdd5fa628.PNG

At this spot there is a random block.

Bug 4 That's a big jump.

Spoiler

Spork_BUG7.PNG.8c96b556a120274d571a18804e7e07b4.PNG

You can move in that spot.

Bug 5 parallel city (Cianosa)

Spoiler

Spork_BUG8-nightimeshot.PNG.23eb1c8cc8c2bf840c821822320ad16f.PNG

You can move south from the pokemon center in to the yellow boulders entering a new map.

Bug 6 Diving before you can swim

Spoiler

Spork_BUG9.PNG.910716af45c33fcb6b6c409bf958e58e.PNG

In this spot you can dive even though you haven't the apropriate HM.

Bug 7 Reverse Jesus

Spoiler

Spork_BUG10.PNG.abf0d21c31a58c81a7503d10b0a5e0df.PNG

By interacting at the edge of bridge with the sea you can surf on land.

Bug 8 Tree climbing

Spoiler

Spork_BUG11.PNG.52234edc2aabaeaa20d60fdb86338f5a.PNG

You can move in those tiles from the top.

Bug 9 More Jesus

Spoiler

Spork_BUG15.PNG.efd0ddf413e1e5aee44916205446d11e.PNGSpork_BUG13.PNG.2e054a147be8835dda11f52bb303c49a.PNGSpork_BUG12.PNG.153c657dad7ded5f8a66945d433ff9f5.PNG

The second picture is in the same area as in the 3rd.

Bug 10 Too small too read

Spoiler

Spork_BUG16.PNG.b34578e8a50ccbd0aba982d68033ce2e.PNG

Bug 11 Master mountain climber

Spoiler

Spork_BUG17.PNG.1001e54fee494cccd07e1f4145829a20.PNGSpork_BUG18.PNG.ba160138dc102baaf45a04a3f539269e.PNG

Well same idea as bug 4.

Bug 12 no swimming allowed

Spoiler

Spork_BUG14_nosurf.PNG.10651504f8440c7d243c76021a2b37a9.PNG

You can't swim from this side of the park

• Like 1

• Global Mods
On 9/1/2017 at 8:49 AM, FairFamily said:

Well I finshed Spork and I must say I love how light the tone of this game is. While most (fan)games  have a darker story where you have an evil team(s) that threathens the lives of several, have our lives threathend all the time, fight several legendaries and fight gym leaders because you have to. In return you have spork, where you are on a holiday with your sister, you have your pet pkmn with you, the team does petty crimes and have days off and even birthday parties, don't fight any legendary and do the league challenge to enjoy your holiday and explore the region. 

I also like the themes of the region where each section is a huge tourist attraction. This combines pretty well with the theme of the game. The characters are very interesting and I just love how everyone has a personal live ven the team portal members. My favorites are Delicia and Gina. I do have to mention that some  characters are a bit more forgettable  but maybe that is because I played the game in a short period.

The maps are my biggest gripe with the game. They look pleasing (with only exception being the map borders) but are functionalitywise a bit lacking. Moving through the map feels awkward since sometimes you are blocked by open air and sometimes you can go to places that lead to nowhere. They are also quite buggy. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the marbles you could potentially find. Also I had a strange conversation with the nurse which felt a bit out of place.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm really glad people are enjoying the vacation/pet Pokemon aspect of the game. Delicia is my favorite character too. I agree that some are more forgettable than others right now, and I feel like some characters don't get as much screen time as I would've liked them to in the early-midgame (especially Aurora, who hasn't appeared at all outside her gym battle yet, which is a shame because I really love her design). Hopefully by the endgame the forgettability (is that a word?) of some characters will change, since everyone will appear and have an active role in episodes 6 and 7.

Regarding the map errors, I know about most of those water ones and the random non-passable tile in Gellene Town, but I'm not sure how to fix them as nothing I've tried worked. I didn't know about the cave walls though, and should be able to fix that by making the tiles non-passable. Being able to Dive before you get the HM is because of the way I event Dive in Spork. Instead of having it require the move for the player to Dive, I just make event tiles with the Dive text and if the player says yes, then they go underwater. I overlooked that it would allow the player to access that diving spot before getting Dive, but I also don't mind if people dive there before getting the HM.

11 hours ago, Awesome_One said:

I just want to say that I absolutely love the music in Bolaii Beach. It's so damn relaxing. It just always puts a smile on my face. ^_^

i makes me think of zelda, namely majora's mask clock town observatory) and a link to the past (fle select screen)

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Those holiday pkmn look cool. Sadly they are going to be cheesed, probably. 

Also I rememberd something. Why do gen 7 pkmn have access to hidden abilities while all the rest doesn't?

Regarding hidden abilities, ones with two total abilities can have them while ones with three total abilities can only have the third possible ability with a 10% chance through wild encounters (meaning event Pokemon can't have third abilities). 

OWtlY9xoR3eQLS-AC4QrPA.png

Following that post, I did ask Ame, but due to Essentials version differences (Reborn uses an older version of Essentials) I wasn't able to do what Ame did. Later I asked on Pokecommunity and received a script from Rot8r_ConeX that allows for third abilities in the wild with a 10% chance. It's a small chance, but due to me not having any scripting/coding knowledge I'm hesitant to edit it for fear of messing something up in the process.

• Global Mods
50 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Well my save is here.

Thank you in advance.

Candina.rxdata

Changed Garchomp's ability from Sand Veil to Rough Skin.

I checked the pokemon.txt file and it seems like I forgot to change the Gible line's Rough Skin from a hidden ability to a second ability. I'll re-upload shortly with that fixed. EDIT: Reupload complete

Game.rxdata

• Like 1

Will all of these event mons (holiday and otherwise) always be there?  I'm just wondering if I should keep my current versions of Spork in case they will be removed in a future episode.  I highly doubt it, but I just want to make sure.    Now that I started Insurgence, it might be a bit before I re-start/continue Spork....not that I made it that far.