Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods

Re-uploaded with the following changes/updates:

-Changed the event Pyukumuku's received level from 30 to 20 to account for the issue with Purify. I removed the Purify issue from the known bugs list because in theory it shouldn't occur anymore. 

-Added abilities: Electric Surge, Psychic Surge, Grassy Surge, Misty Surge (the Tapus, like all legendaries, won't be obtained until postgame but their abilities are functional now)

-Added items: Electric Seed, Psychic Seed, Grassy Seed, Misty Seed, Pink Bow 

The Pink Bow was a Gen 2 item that raised the power of Normal moves. In Gen 3 onwards it was replaced by the Silk Scarf. In Spork it will raise the power of Fairy moves, since a Fairy equivalent of Silk Scarf, Miracle Seed etc. didn't exist. 

The seeds can be purchased at the Battle Mall, from the vendor who sells the weather rocks + a few other items like Safety Goggles. The Pink Bow can be purchased from the vendor who sells the other items that power up moves of a specific type. 

It can be expected that progress will be slower once USUM come out on Friday. It's possible I'll make it to the Champion battle before then, since Victory Road is just a straight path with no puzzles or obstacles other than several story-related battles. 

I also added a bug to the Known Bugs list in the first post:

Hyper Potion heals 200 HP in battle and 120 HP outside battle

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, Twilightwing said:

guessing the changes for UMUS will come out after a couple of weeks of game release to gather what changes/buffs were made to different pokemons

I added them in the latest reupload (except for move tutor moves, since move tutors aren't in Spork until the postgame at the Battle Frontier). I wasn't sure whether or not I should've mentioned it since people might be trying to avoid that kind of information until USUM's release tomorrow, so I chose not to include it in the re-upload changes mentioned in the post. But I wanted to do that in advance while I had quick access to the pastebin with all the move changes. 

Does anyone know where the move relearner is located in Spork or if it is even available? Also, I'd greatly appreciate knowing how many gym badges I'd need to use it. I think I must have missed it.

tbh I'm only asking b/c I would really like to use Poipole / Naganadel from USUM as my starter but I guess this would also apply to mons like Tangrowth, Mamoswine, Tsareena, and a few others

• Global Mods
30 minutes ago, GreenDecidueyeArrow said:

Does anyone know where the move relearner is located in Spork or if it is even available? Also, I'd greatly appreciate knowing how many gym badges I'd need to use it. I think I must have missed it.

tbh I'm only asking b/c I would really like to use Poipole / Naganadel from USUM as my starter but I guess this would also apply to mons like Tangrowth, Mamoswine, Tsareena, and a few others

The move relearner is in the Services District in Olidroll City. 

yKQ6ihu5Qt6OAP1I4z2oMw.png

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Re-uploaded with the following fixes/changes:

-fixed a typo in Jim's speech at Premoggin Canyon where among was spelled "amoung"

-changed Magneton and Nosepass's evolution method to Thunder Stone (also made a note of this in the obtainablepokemon notepad file). I didn't realize I forgot to change their evolution method from the default location-specific for whatever base Essentials map they were set to evolve in. 

-since it seems like people don't like the UI, I changed it back to the default. I only really changed it on a whim in the first place. 

Since I've been playing Ultra Moon, I haven't made any progress on Spork for the past week, but I'm at the postgame now (in UM, not in Spork, although I'm close to that in Spork too), so I'll be back to working on Spork soon. 

• Global Mods
11 hours ago, Twilightwing said:

Man wonder where you're going to put Stakataka, that thing is fun to use and say

The USUM Pokemon will be added when sprites of them exist on the internet for people to use (probably when Ame does them for Reborn E18). 

EDIT: Reuploaded again. 

-Fixed a typo in Rania's speech at the training gym where she said the player has "quite a lot badges" instead of quite a lot of badges

-Changed the dialogue of an NPC at the Ether Foundation. Previously this NPC said they got permission from Gladion, the "new president" of the Aether Foundation to use the name Ether Foundation.  Now she says they got permission from Lusamine. USUM (and also SM) spoilers below

At the end of SM, Gladion took over the Aether Foundation while Lillie and Lusamine went to Kanto. But the endgame of USUM is very different and a certain series of events from SM doesn't happen. So Lusamine is the president.

• Global Mods

I'm back to working on Spork now, since I've mostly finished USUM. I didn't intend to post another update until I was at the Champion battle, but due to recent events I want to make a post. 

I was a passenger in a car accident today. My chest hurt when it happened but I seem okay now. Apparently you sometimes don't really feel car accidents until the day after, though, so I'm nervous about what might happen tomorrow. It probably wasn't very bad as far as accidents go since neither side had any injuries other than the initial pain, but it was my first time experiencing something like this. 

I'm also a bit worried about the net neutrality situation and what might happen if net neutrality is destroyed. I don't really understand everything about the issue, but I know enough from Ame's mentions of it on her blog to be concerned. In the worst case scenario, I don't know whether I'd still have access to this site or not. Hopefully I'm overreacting, and hopefully this will fail like the other attempts to do this from years ago, but as Ame said they only have to succeed one time while we have to prevent them from succeeding every time. 

One of my biggest fears has always been not being able to contact people about my situation if something should happen to me. It's something I worry about a lot. It's also something I worry in regards to others too, which is why I was concerned about Palletite to the point of trying to reach her through email to make sure she was okay. Thanks again to punkeev for letting me that she is in fact okay. 

I did plan to make a post like this, but until today's car accident I was planning that for after I made it to the Champion. But the accident pushed this to the front of my mind. So: if at any point I'm unresponsive for a long time with no prior warning, it's because something happened and I'm not able to contact anyone. It's not because I chose to leave without telling anyone. 

For game-related news: I have one battle left on Victory Road, and then I'll be at the Elite Four + Champion. I don't consider the Champion battle to be the end of the main story, so the credits scene will be after the post-Champion story instead of after the Champion battle. (this is open to change if enough people, especially the ones who've contributed personally to Spork, feel that the Champion battle would be a better place for the credits. I'm just worried about people getting to the Champion and not playing what comes after) For those who've made it to the Sea Star Shrine and heard the speeches there near the end of the current episode, you'll have an idea of some of what comes after the Champion.

I think I might have had more to say, but I don't remember. But I'll work on Spork as much as I'm able from this point forward. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

I hope things improve for you @Ice Cream Sand Witch - car accidents can be traumatizing both physically and mentally. While I'm as eager as anybody for the next Spork update, I totally understand if you gotta take a few weeks off. We're all human, and it's pretty clear you've been working pretty hard.

This whole Net Neutrality debacle has got me fucked up as well :/

Anyways, hopefully get better on your end!  You can DM me if you need to vent, I'm pretty good at keeping secrets but I'm sure you'll be ok anyways.

P.S. (USUM Spoiler)

Spoiler

What did you think of the Ultra Necrozma battle and Rainbow Rocket from USUM?

Edited by GreenDecidueyeArrow
*Added USUM Spoiler tag
  • Like 2

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, GreenDecidueyeArrow said:

I hope things improve for you @Ice Cream Sand Witch - car accidents can be traumatizing both physically and mentally. While I'm as eager as anybody for the next Spork update, I totally understand if you gotta take a few weeks off. We're all human, and it's pretty clear you've been working pretty hard.

This whole Net Neutrality debacle has got me fucked up as well :/

Anyways, hopefully get better on your end!  You can DM me if you need to vent, I'm pretty good at keeping secrets but I'm sure you'll be ok anyways.

P.S. (USUM Spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

What did you think of the Ultra Necrozma battle and Rainbow Rocket from USUM?

Thanks. I think I'm okay right now. I haven't experienced any pain since the accident, and my week has been improving after it. 

I've always imagined that it must be really scary to drive, since car accidents can be brutal. And you could be doing everything right from your end, but could still get hurt or worse because someone else wasn't paying attention to the road (that's what happened here, the one who caused the accident admitted it herself) or was drunk. I think it would be neat if cars could be made of soft and squishy material so that an accident wouldn't hurt anyone. Maybe someday someone will figure out how to do that. Fortunately, this accident wasn't so bad. 

My plan for now is to keep working on Spork until it's complete. I worry about what could happen in the future, so I'd like to do as much as possible just in case. I'm also really excited to be working on the lategame content - I've found that the further in I get, the more enthusiastic I am about working on Spork. I think I'm gradually improving in a few areas, and it's satisfying to see more and more of what I've planned being made. 

USUM spoiler

The Ultra Necrozma battle was a lot more difficult than I was expecting. At this point I had four Pokemon which were around level 58-60, and 3/4 of them fainted to it. Having all of its stats boosted at the start felt a little excessive, but it's close to how I imagine a battle against a legendary to feel like. I also like its battle theme.

There were things I liked and didn't like about Rainbow Rocket. 

Liked:

-The castle is one of my favorite enemy bases/hideouts in Pokemon so far. The puzzles were fun and the grunts were entertaining. 

-Some of the remixes for the team leaders are really nice. 

-The scene with Guzma and the two grunts XD 

Didn't like:

-Giovanni at the end, where after acknowledging your talent he wonders what world he should try his schemes in next. I know that Giovanni is a power-hungry kind of villain and not someone like Archie and Maxie who try to make the world a better place but have misguided means of doing so, and Giovanni would be harder to convince to stop because of that. But it still felt disappointing. 

This makes more sense if it's the Giovanni from the world where he succeeded than the one who lost to Red, because I feel like the Giovanni who lost to Red would become broken after having his team defeated for a third time. Whereas if this is the Giovanni who hasn't failed until now, he would see this situation as the exception rather than the rule. But it was still a really one-dimensional ending for his part in the game. It feels disappointing to me when villains don't change at all after their defeat, which applies to Faba as well. 

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

(pic spoils the Champion's identity if you haven't gotten to the point in the game where Emily mentions it)

ZE2bRIFDSPy9DzQSRPG2rQ.png

The Elite Four in Spork are in a fixed order like in Gens 1-4, but their levels are equal to each other like in Gens 5-7. 

Originally I planned for the E4 to be at level 95 and for the Champion to be at level 100, but that ended up not happening. There aren't as many normal NPC trainers on the road in later parts of the game, so I had to decrease the level distance between later gym leaders to account for that. I felt like in episode 1 I went overboard with the number of trainers, so there are less of them in the lategame. The decrease is probably already noticeable starting at episode 2 content.

Maybe it's for the best that the levels aren't at 100 now anyway, since this isn't the end of the game. 

On 12/1/2017 at 8:39 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Thanks. I think I'm okay right now. I haven't experienced any pain since the accident, and my week has been improving after it. 

I've always imagined that it must be really scary to drive, since car accidents can be brutal. And you could be doing everything right from your end, but could still get hurt or worse because someone else wasn't paying attention to the road (that's what happened here, the one who caused the accident admitted it herself) or was drunk. I think it would be neat if cars could be made of soft and squishy material so that an accident wouldn't hurt anyone. Maybe someday someone will figure out how to do that. Fortunately, this accident wasn't so bad. 

My plan for now is to keep working on Spork until it's complete. I worry about what could happen in the future, so I'd like to do as much as possible just in case. I'm also really excited to be working on the lategame content - I've found that the further in I get, the more enthusiastic I am about working on Spork. I think I'm gradually improving in a few areas, and it's satisfying to see more and more of what I've planned being made. 

USUM spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

The Ultra Necrozma battle was a lot more difficult than I was expecting. At this point I had four Pokemon which were around level 58-60, and 3/4 of them fainted to it. Having all of its stats boosted at the start felt a little excessive, but it's close to how I imagine a battle against a legendary to feel like. I also like its battle theme.

There were things I liked and didn't like about Rainbow Rocket. 

Liked:

-The castle is one of my favorite enemy bases/hideouts in Pokemon so far. The puzzles were fun and the grunts were entertaining. 

-Some of the remixes for the team leaders are really nice. 

-The scene with Guzma and the two grunts XD 

Didn't like:

-Giovanni at the end, where after acknowledging your talent he wonders what world he should try his schemes in next. I know that Giovanni is a power-hungry kind of villain and not someone like Archie and Maxie who try to make the world a better place but have misguided means of doing so, and Giovanni would be harder to convince to stop because of that. But it still felt disappointing. 

This makes more sense if it's the Giovanni from the world where he succeeded than the one who lost to Red, because I feel like the Giovanni who lost to Red would become broken after having his team defeated for a third time. Whereas if this is the Giovanni who hasn't failed until now, he would see this situation as the exception rather than the rule. But it was still a really one-dimensional ending for his part in the game. It feels disappointing to me when villains don't change at all after their defeat, which applies to Faba as well. 

That's good to hear :) I'm really hyped for a potential Battle Frontier

USUM Spoiler

Spoiler

UN: Agreed. Luckily, my Klefki Paralyzed UN and then my Volcarona eventually KO'd it with Z-Bug Buzz. Dope ass music, I heard GlitchxCity might remix UN's theme and if so I hope at least one out of Reborn, Rejuv, Desolation, or Spork uses it.

Team RR: I enjoyed the challenge but I also feel a lack of closure tbh. This arc was where I realized Naganadel is OP xD

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Re-uploaded with the following fixes and updates:

-Added cybershell12's revamped Kickboxing Badge

-fixed a typo where embarrassment was spelled embarassment during the conversation with Natalie and Draga in Tullborn (I actually didn't know until recently that embarrassment has both two r's and two s's, so when I was typing that I probably thought I spelled it correctly)

-fixed a typo after the gym battle with Tomas, where he said "One important part of scientific studies is to for others to make sure your results can be replicated." Removed the "to" before for as it's not supposed to be there. 

Hello @Ice Cream Sand Witch, I just started Spork and I got to say I'm enjoying it. Pretty chill game so far.

I've a few questions though:

1) Is there a written walkthrough that I can refer to?
2) Is there a TM/Item location list? As someone who's playstyle is only fixed 6 pokemon, it's rather crucial to my team development.
3) Is there a way to reset/reduce EV and reset ability / nature for this game like in Rejuvenation and Reborn?

I might be able to give some constructive feedback after a few days playtime ~ 

• Like 1

• Global Mods
27 minutes ago, Stefen said:

Hello @Ice Cream Sand Witch, I just started Spork and I got to say I'm enjoying it. Pretty chill game so far.

I've a few questions though:

1) Is there a written walkthrough that I can refer to?
2) Is there a TM/Item location list? As someone who's playstyle is only fixed 6 pokemon, it's rather crucial to my team development.
3) Is there a way to reset/reduce EV and reset ability / nature for this game like in Rejuvenation and Reborn?

I might be able to give some constructive feedback after a few days playtime ~ 

There are a few people who have done playthroughs on Youtube, but I don't believe there are any written walkthroughs anywhere. Sr. F has the most thorough playthrough and has finished episode 4. But if you'd prefer written over videos, I'd be happy to answer any questions. Also, there's no time-locked sidequests/events that disappear after a certain point, if that's something you were worried about. 

There are a few notepad files in the game folder, including one for TM locations. The TM one is named "tmlocationlist". 

EVs: the EV reducing berries are available in Aliora City (the city where the 4th gym is). 

Nature: a nature changer is planned but on hold. Instead of it being like Reborn/Rejuv/Desolation's where the nature is changed at random and has a chance of not changing at all, I want players to be able to choose the nature to change to. If it were like Reborn/Rejuv/Desolation's I could probably just copy/paste from there and remove the Heart Scale requirement, but since no game (as far as I know) has one that lets you choose the nature, I'd need to figure out how to script it to where the nature can be chosen. 

For abilities, Ability Capsules are available at the Ability Capsule Corp in Olidroll City (where the 6th and 7th gyms are). There's also one that's a reward for a quiz in the Trainer's School in Cianosa City (where the 2nd gym is). 

I'd also be willing to edit anyone's Pokemon values like EVs, IVs, nature, ability, etc. through save file editing. 

Thanks for the swift response. 2 more questions:

1) Is there a place I'd know where to get (as in hunted, not purchased) evolution stones and evolution held items, and key items such as rods?
2) How do i evolve pokemon that's needed to be traded? Is there a link stone here? If yes, revert back to Q1.