Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, Stefen said:

Thanks for the swift response. 2 more questions:

1) Is there a place I'd know where to get (as in hunted, not purchased) evolution stones and evolution held items, and key items such as rods?
2) How do i evolve pokemon that's needed to be traded? Is there a link stone here? If yes, revert back to Q1. 

For Pokemon like Kadabra and Haunter that require trade in official games: Link Stone

For Pokemon like Scyther and Clamperl that require trade + held item in official games: you need to use the item on the Pokemon, ex: use DeepSeaScale on Clamperl like an evolution stone to evolve it into Gorebyss.

Each of the rods is given by a fisherman NPC. 

The Old Rod is given by a fisherman in a house in Virima City

The Good Rod is given by a fisherman at Bolaii Coastline

The Super Rod is given by a fisherman at Inoset Island

Although you specified hunted (which I assume means found in the overworld?) instead of purchased, in most cases you'll find them for sale rather than in the overworld. A hiker NPC at Bolaii Beach sells all evolution stones, and an NPC at the Battle Mall sells all the evolution held items (that in Spork need to be used like evolution stones like mentioned earlier)

For the ones that are found in the overworld: there's a Leaf Stone at Aliora Meadow, a Metal Coat and King's Rock at Halloween Hideout (part of the Halloween Espurr sidequest), and a Water Stone at Cianosa City. For the Water Stone: there's a little girl near a water fountain that says "I'm looking for a fountain pen!" The fountain pen can be found by interacting with the front of the fountain in Aliora City, and when you bring it to her she gives you a Water Stone in return.

• Global Mods

Re_Oey3ySym_EBcHGEIC3A.png

Spork's post-Champion story has four parts. I've just finished the second, which is the main part. 

Most of the third part will be optional other than the beginning and the end, but you can always revisit the optional part. It's up to players how much they want to see and do, but by going everywhere you'll find background details not revealed anywhere else, like info on things that were changed or didn't make it into the game, and also extra info on characters like favorite food. The fourth part is related to something else and is just a few quick scenes. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Re-uploaded with the following updates:

-Dylan's Zoroark is now a Crawdaunt

-Chelsea's Poliwrath is now a Pyukumuku

-Ivan's Pyukumuku is now an Octillery

-Pandora's Dusknoir is now a Froslass

-changed the Kangaskhan in Dark Dungeon's third dream sequence to a Komala

Explanations for each of these changes:

Dylan is a bartender, and bartenders serve drinks, so I thought it was odd I didn't give him a Water/Dark type. I thought Zoroark was the one that fit him least, so it was the Pokemon exchanged for Crawdaunt. 

I only had Poliwrath on Chelsea's team because of the "Feel my Poliwrath" pun. Since she was born in Alola, I wanted to give her another Alolan Pokemon besides Brionne. 

And after giving Pyukumuku to Chelsea, I replaced Ivan's with Octillery, which I actually thought he already had. I know it was a Pokemon I considered for him at least.

I don't feel like Dusknoir fits in with Pandora's theme. The rest of Pandora's Pokemon are flashy and/or match her outfit's colors. Froslass matches with Pandora and I feel like it suits her very well. 

The third dream sequence in Dark Dungeon is based on something I wrote two years ago that I recently found again. I apparently remembered it wrong because I thought the koala character was a kangaroo. This is the story I wrote:

"I enter an elevator. Inside the elevator, it's snowing. There's someone else here, who becomes my client that I make coffee for. He has a stuffed koala. Just as I finish making the coffee, he realizes he forgot something in his car, which he left on Neptune. He leaves to get it. I ask the koala what I'm supposed to do with this cup of coffee now that my client isn't here to drink it. The koala says "Just splash it on somebody, I guess" and vanishes through the elevator walls. I exit.

In the hotel lobby, I meet that guy that's on the "Aliens" meme pictures. I don't say anything, but he mentions that there's freshly baked peanut butter brownies in the cafeteria, so that's where I go. I eat some of them, then I head outside. I think to myself how I'm always mixing up automatic doors and revolving doors. I fall asleep as soon as I get outside, just now noticing I don't have the coffee anymore.

I wake up in a stadium where a rock-paper-scissors tournament is taking place. I end up making it to the third-last round where I lose to someone who goes a second after me. I'm upset that my opponent cheated, but I don't want to make a scene and I did well enough overall in the tournament to be satisfied, so I turned around to leave. Just then, the coffee cup, the koala, and his animal friends burst onto the scene. The coffee cup calls out my opponent. "Hey, you cheated!" The coffee cup goes a round with the cheater and wins, with close supervision to ensure he doesn't cheat again. I'm put back in the tournament, and make it to the finals where it's me vs the coffee cup. "Did you think you'd go home because of some pathetic fraud? I'm your real final opponent!" Every time, we pick the same thing. This ends up going on for 10 hours, with strong gusts of wind bouncing around the stadium because of the intensity of our match. By the end of it, we're standing atop platforms pushed upwards by tornadoes, and we pass out from exhaustion. The koala says that both of us did good.

The scene cuts to me, the coffee cup, and the koala + animal friends eating waffles. We'll have many more adventures together."

also, I've finished the post-Champion story!

IOyZClAbQ4O721hx4bcayg.png

• Upvote 2

• Global Mods
47 minutes ago, GreenDecidueyeArrow said:

Does the current upload have the post-Champion story? And is the next wave of move animations from Reborn in too?

I'm looking forward to the later parts of the game

The current public upload is still just up to episode 4. I won't be updating the public release until Palletite returns. 

I plan on adding the animations from Reborn E17 in the future.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
9 hours ago, cybershell12 said:

Here's the revamped 9th badge: the Sheet Badge

spork_sheet_badge.png

Edit: Here's the 10th one: the Scale Badge

spork_scale_badge.png

Edit 2: Here's the brand spankin' new 11th badge, the Thread Badge

spork_thread_badge.png

The Spinarak in the Thread Badge looks amazing! Re-uploaded with the revamped Sheet and Scale badges and the Thread Badge.

• Global Mods

I'm nervous about people commenting on how long it's been, since I don't want people to be impatient with Palletite. Even if the semester's over I imagine she wanted to spend time with friends and family over the holidays, or may have other things to do in addition to university. Punkeev did mention that Palletite was embarrassed about the time, so I'm sure she'll return as soon as she's able. If there's any news in the future I'll mention it, but I'd rather people avoid saying that it's been a long time or anything similar. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Palletite's sprites, but her IRL situation comes first and I'll wait as long as necessary.

I'm not comfortable with people being impatient with her, and I don't think Punkeev wants to see people being impatient with Palletite either. 

• Like 1

• Global Mods
47 minutes ago, twichlove said:

Found a bug in the second town:

https://gyazo.com/5e950b283ae93371ee4cd5c9dee4749c

This is known, but I'm not sure what causes it. It's probably the strangest bug that's ever been in the game. Without knowing why it happens, I'm not sure I can fix it (and I think this bug is funny), but thanks for the report anyway ^^

Reuploaded with the following changes/updates:

-added the move Nature's Madness (as mentioned when I added the Tapus' Surge abilities, it's not publicly available, it just exists now)

-Removed part of a line of dialogue after Chelsea's gym battle. Previously, she said that the Sea Stars had their own underwater society in the Sea of Knowledge, but that "not everyone can get to it". She now doesn't say that not everyone can get to it, as that makes it sound like you need some kind of approval to enter and doesn't really make sense. I'm not sure why I wrote that part.

-Gellene Town and the False Fortunes building now have the same music as Wonky Woods

-Deleted some Essentials sound and music effects that I wasn't using

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

This is known, but I'm not sure what causes it. It's probably the strangest bug that's ever been in the game. Without knowing why it happens, I'm not sure I can fix it (and I think this bug is funny), but thanks for the report anyway ^^

Reuploaded with the following changes/updates:

-added the move Nature's Madness (as mentioned when I added the Tapus' Surge abilities, it's not publicly available, it just exists now)

-Removed part of a line of dialogue after Chelsea's gym battle. Previously, she said that the Sea Stars had their own underwater society in the Sea of Knowledge, but that "not everyone can get to it". She now doesn't say that not everyone can get to it, as that makes it sound like you need some kind of approval to enter and doesn't really make sense. I'm not sure why I wrote that part.

-Gellene Town and the False Fortunes building now have the same music as Wonky Woods

-Deleted some Essentials sound and music effects that I wasn't using

Alright :D

I personally love this game so far, aside from the occasional bugs and some level skips and the stupid audino trainer that keeps spam switching with regenerator audinos.

The fact that you can pick any non-legends is great, you should make it so that you can't pick tapus and ubs tho.

• Global Mods
26 minutes ago, twichlove said:

Alright :D

I personally love this game so far, aside from the occasional bugs and some level skips and the stupid audino trainer that keeps spam switching with regenerator audinos.

The fact that you can pick any non-legends is great, you should make it so that you can't pick tapus and ubs tho.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

Tapus aren't available as starters. The intention is for all non-legends to be starters, and I don't consider the UBs legendaries aside from Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma. 

27 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

Tapus aren't available as starters. The intention is for all non-legends to be starters, and I don't consider the UBs legendaries aside from Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma.

Oh i must have mis-remembered the tapus, but the ultra beasts are way too overpowered to be starters, they're even more overpowered than some of said legendaries.

With insane stats and an amazing ability beast boost you're sure to sweep everything if you choose a ub like Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Kartana or even nihilego.

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, twichlove said:

Oh i must have mis-remembered the tapus, but the ultra beasts are way too overpowered to be starters, they're even more overpowered than some of said legendaries.

With insane stats and an amazing ability beast boost you're sure to sweep everything if you choose a ub like Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Kartana or even nihilego.

I don't really think some Pokemon are inherently better than others. I just think there are different things each Pokemon excels in. 

Even if some Pokemon do make the game easier than others, I don't mind if someone wants to have an easy time with the game. Spork isn't really intended to be difficult. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, twichlove said:

Spork is very different in both atmosphere and design compared to, say, Reborn. Something being overpowered is hardly relevant and thus a moot point.

Well, i just don't feel like being able to pick extremely overpowered starters is good, and the ultra beasts are better than most other pokemon statwise, ability wise and movepool wise.

Though i suppose people could just not pick it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Also, i wanted to ask where the move relearner is since i just evolved my shellder and i need to teach it shell smash.