Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, seki108 said:

Will all of these event mons (holiday and otherwise) always be there?  I'm just wondering if I should keep my current versions of Spork in case they will be removed in a future episode.  I highly doubt it, but I just want to make sure.    Now that I started Insurgence, it might be a bit before I re-start/continue Spork....not that I made it that far.

Holiday Pokemon will always be there. I wouldn't remove anything like that from the game. The same goes for other event Pokemon. 

• Global Mods
19 minutes ago, cybershell12 said:

After a little hiatus here's the 10th Badge, the Scale Badge

P.S. I'd like to translate this game into french. PM me if interested.

spork_scale_badge.png

Thanks! Right now I'm exhausted from hurricane preparations, but I'll PM you later today after I've had rest. 

Also there is a way to resize pixel art without it becoming blurry. You can use "Nearest Neighbor" resampling instead of bilinear or anything else and resize exactly 2 times the pixels in each dimension. This will upscale without blurring. When I started making pixel art I also had the blurring problem, took me a heckuva long time to figure it out.

I started revamping my badges to be more like the ones from Reborn/Rejuvenation. Here's the first 2.

spork_clear_badge.png

spork_passion_badge.png

Here's the third one,(Looks a little weird in Reborn style, but I imagine that when Gina was asked by the League to design her badge she scribbled a little ghost pulling it's tongue, which the League tried to make it fit as best as they could with the standard design aesthetics of the other badges.)

spork_mischief_badge.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the Postgame singing career, I believe you mentioned that there are multiple genres of music to choose from (hip-hop, pop, etc...).

It's very early to ask, but will we be limited to only one genre or can we do multiple?

I'd like to pull a Drake and have my character do both singing and rapping :)

• Global Mods
24 minutes ago, GreenDecidueyeArrow said:

For the Postgame singing career, I believe you mentioned that there are multiple genres of music to choose from (hip-hop, pop, etc...).

It's very early to ask, but will we be limited to only one genre or can we do multiple?

I'd like to pull a Drake and have my character do both singing and rapping :)

You'll be able to do all of them! 

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

I tried my hand at updating the overworld sprites for Tomas and Blueberry to match the color schemes for their trainer sprites, and I think it went decently! These are still temporary until Palletite returns, but I'm okay with considering this an official release. If you've already gotten the 12th badge in the unofficial release, this does not add any new content. 

Additionally, the Scale Badge now has cybershell12's design. 

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Sr.F said:

I would not know exactly if this is some kind of mistake with Purify move, but I'm sure this did not happen to me in Version 3.5

Anyway, I leave you a screenshot.

Purify Error.jpg

I checked and it happened to me too. Then I downloaded 3 and a Half and the same happens there. I'm not sure why it would be happening, since I don't believe I've touched any of the moves since the issue with Baneful Bunker back in April. From what I can tell in the moves.txt file and the MoveEffects script section, everything is coded correctly, and I know Purify was working at some point. In the meantime I'd recommend not using it because I don't know what will happen if you do. There's a character in ep 4 with a Pyukumuku that has Purify, so I re-uploaded replacing Purify with Recover on his team in case that would cause issues.

EDIT: I tried giving myself a level 20 Pyukumuku and training it to level 21 and Purify seems to work there. Strange.

Q6uRWqqZT5SpWMYRLQae6A.png

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, DemICE said:

Oh? I see now the thread's name has been updated to legit "Episode 4"!  Does this mean that Palettite won the war with their technological problems? ;p

I haven't heard from Palletite since May 14. SPB (Legend Mode) was the one having internet issues, while Palletite (sprites) was having IRL issues.

qQw1nB54S8OMYFUKllM7ow.png

On 1-9-2017 at 2:49 PM, FairFamily said:

Well I finshed Spork and I must say I love how light the tone of this game is. While most (fan)games  have a darker story where you have an evil team(s) that threathens the lives of several, have our lives threathend all the time, fight several legendaries and fight gym leaders because you have to. In return you have spork, where you are on a holiday with your sister, you have your pet pkmn with you, the evil team does petty crimes and have days off and even birthday parties, don't fight any legendary and do the league challenge to enjoy your holiday and explore the region. 

I also like the themes of the region where each section is a huge tourist attraction. This combines pretty well with the theme of the game. The characters are very interesting and I just love how everyone has a personal live ven the team portal members. My favorites are Delicia and Gina. I do have to mention that some  characters are a bit more forgettable  but maybe that is because I played the game in a short period.

The maps are my biggest gripe with the game. They look pleasing (with only exception being the map borders) but are functionalitywise a bit lacking. Moving through the map feels awkward since sometimes you are blocked by open air and sometimes you can go to places that lead to nowhere. They are also quite buggy. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the marbles you could potentially find. Also I had a strange conversation with the nurse which felt a bit out of place.

Speaking of bugs i have found a bunch of map bugs through playing this game.

Bug 1 : Game breaking in the beach cleaning center

Hide contents

SPORK_BUG1.PNG.a549b7a274c47404f7cfafc1a3623cf3.PNGSPORK_BUG2.PNG.c93b607ad927df14587afb062e259229.PNG

You can move now ot the left and enter the building before you should.

Bug 2: Aloria city - Water Jesus 

Hide contents

Spork_BUG4.PNG.4dbad3f4dc9b97ed1d5a68fc1c34784e.PNGSpork_BUG3.PNG.e288f2c7875de6e4cc5cdeb60d3baad5.PNGSpork_BUG6_2.PNG.7ccdf59462c147e1703322990f94d345.PNGSpork_BUG6_1.PNG.ac0729eee987d732d96ce20e086106b8.PNG

You can move over the water and enter plzces you shouldn't. At night you can even get some daytime only maps for some reason.

Bug 3 Random block

Hide contents

Spork_BUG5.PNG.f36cde3ab7d4145103b26d8bdd5fa628.PNG

At this spot there is a random block.

Bug 4 That's a big jump.

Hide contents

Spork_BUG7.PNG.8c96b556a120274d571a18804e7e07b4.PNG

You can move in that spot.

Bug 5 parallel city (Cianosa)

Hide contents

Spork_BUG8-nightimeshot.PNG.23eb1c8cc8c2bf840c821822320ad16f.PNG

You can move south from the pokemon center in to the yellow boulders entering a new map.

Bug 6 Diving before you can swim

Hide contents

Spork_BUG9.PNG.910716af45c33fcb6b6c409bf958e58e.PNG

In this spot you can dive even though you haven't the apropriate HM.

Bug 7 Reverse Jesus

Hide contents

Spork_BUG10.PNG.abf0d21c31a58c81a7503d10b0a5e0df.PNG

By interacting at the edge of bridge with the sea you can surf on land.

Bug 8 Tree climbing

Hide contents

Spork_BUG11.PNG.52234edc2aabaeaa20d60fdb86338f5a.PNG

You can move in those tiles from the top.

Bug 9 More Jesus

Hide contents

Spork_BUG15.PNG.efd0ddf413e1e5aee44916205446d11e.PNGSpork_BUG13.PNG.2e054a147be8835dda11f52bb303c49a.PNGSpork_BUG12.PNG.153c657dad7ded5f8a66945d433ff9f5.PNG

The second picture is in the same area as in the 3rd.

Bug 10 Too small too read

Hide contents

Spork_BUG16.PNG.b34578e8a50ccbd0aba982d68033ce2e.PNG

Bug 11 Master mountain climber

Hide contents

Spork_BUG17.PNG.1001e54fee494cccd07e1f4145829a20.PNGSpork_BUG18.PNG.ba160138dc102baaf45a04a3f539269e.PNG

Well same idea as bug 4.

Bug 12 no swimming allowed

Hide contents

Spork_BUG14_nosurf.PNG.10651504f8440c7d243c76021a2b37a9.PNG

You can't swim from this side of the park

Yeah in Episode 3.5, I found these as well, but I didn't mention them because I thought that it wouldn't really change the gameplay, I dont know if it was fixed in Episode 4, I haven't played since, because there isn't new content yet

Edited by DarkDaemonSpade

• Global Mods

Re-uploaded with the following fixes and changes

-fixed wrong mountain tiles on one of the cliffs in Virima City that allowed the player to walk through it

-fixed typo in Snivy's event where what was supposed to say "The Snivy" said "The Shiny"

-added a mega stone location list

-added Abomasite to Norall Mountain

I originally wasn't going to do a mega stone location list until episode 6 when the Mega Ring is actually obtainable, but I'm losing track of which ones I've put in the game and where they are, so I need a list to remind me. Hence adding Abomasite, which I intended to place in Norall Mountain to begin with. For all I know, it may have already been in the game and I just didn't remember where it was, but it wasn't in my inventory so I assume it wasn't in the game? 

Speaking of which, the player obtaining the Mega Ring is the next screenshot/update I plan to show. 

The last time I worked on episode 6 was actually a few weeks ago, which is why the "Future Episode Progress" section of the first post has been stagnant for a while. I'm going to get back into it soon, though. I'm almost up to the 15th gym battle. There's only one story event between the 14th and 15th gym, but it's a long one because it involves almost every character in the game. If you've made it to the end of episode 4, you know what event I'm referring to. 

• Global Mods
9 minutes ago, Draco7455 said:

Do you mind giving the ferroseed in my party stealth rock ? Been trying to breed one with leech seed and stealth rock for hours now  and i cant get one. Thank you in advance.

Game.rxdata

Your Ferroseed now has Stealth Rock. 

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods

I'm back to working on episode 6. As I said in a recent post, the Mega Ring being obtained is the next thing I plan to show when I get to that point. But before that, I cleaned up the opening post a bit and would also like to clarify a few things about Spork that I haven't before. Starting with what I changed in the opening post (this post explains everything so there's no need to reread the OP):

Updated the known bugs list for the first time in 85 years. Bugs added were:

-Toxic doesn't have 100% accuracy when used by a Poison type
-Purify is ???? It works when taught as a level up move, but with the event Pyukumuku that has it already due to the level it's received at, Purify displays as a Normal type move with no name or info.

I re-upload a lot with bug fixes and other changes, so the bugs under Known Bugs are mostly ones I don't know how to fix at the moment. 

What before said "Hidden Power changer" now has a more accurate description: 

"-An NPC who can teach any type of Hidden Power to a Pokemon (available at an area between the 7th and 8th gym)"

Hidden Power changer made it sound like he'd change the type of Hidden Power you already have, which isn't how he works. 

Added more details about the Battle Frontier: there will be five facilities total, with the Tower and Factory being two of them while the other three are new. They also won't work exactly like the battle facilities from the main series, where you battle x number of trainers and then battle the Frontier Brain. Since the Battle Factory has never worked in any version of Essentials (that's something I learned a few months ago when browsing the Essentials section of Pokecommunity), I wouldn't be able to make it exactly like the official series, and I like the way I'm going to do it more anyway. It's hard to really give details about that without going into specifics for each facility, since they all work differently (Factory and Tower are more battle-oriented while some of the others have more of a focus on exploration). 

It was already mentioned there's not a level cap, but I also added that there are no field effects either. 

Instead of mentioning death not existing only as a small note to clarify why the Pokedex entries say what they do, I added this under the story section:

"The story is more lighthearted than most fangames as well as the canon games. Death does not exist here. That doesn't just mean that no characters will die, it also means death literally isn't something that happens to people or Pokemon."

There are other noteworthy ways this universe works, not all of which will be explicitly mentioned in the game, but I'll go ahead and mention more here:

-physically, the aging process stops around the 30s-40s. People don't become weaker or lose some of their functions as they age. The character who looks the oldest is Raymond, which is probably around the oldest someone can look. People stop aging at different points; for example Ashley and Kayla were among the first humans to come to Ceolis but physically and mentally Ashley is 17 and Kayla is 23.

-children are made through tubes instead of carried in the stomach. I'm not sure if more than one person is required or if someone can have a child just by wanting to have one and being able to handle the responsibility. (it's physically impossible for someone who can't handle the responsibility of raising a child to have one, though that also doesn't mean parents are perfect people who never make mistakes either) Some other bodily inconveniences also don't exist like needing to use the bathroom (which makes Chelsea's Butterfree pun not make sense by the universe's logic and I'll probably change that at some point) or the menstrual cycle. 

-since death doesn't exist, that means some events from the canon games are altered. Graveyards don't exist, and the Pokemon Tower was always a radio tower. The Marowak wasn't a ghost that Team Rocket killed. It was an Alolan Marowak that got separated from its child, and being in an unfamiliar environment didn't help its mood. 

-Arceus didn't create the universe. It did hatch from an egg a very long time ago, but researchers assume its parents are also Arceus(es?). No one knows how the universe was formed, and it's not a topic that's going to be discussed in-game. Giratina wasn't banished to the Distortion World, instead it prefers to live there. 

-meat exists, but it grows naturally. Milk does come from Miltank and probably other Pokemon too.

-Ghost-types aren't the souls of people or Pokemon. They're kind of their own classification of beings. 

• Like 1