Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

On 7/12/2017 at 10:49 AM, Sceptilespy said:

Just finished Episode 4. Honestly, was blown away. Idk what it is about this game but I'm hooked. Can't wait for E5. 

Is episode 4 out? or was it 3.5 only? Did i missed out something? The last where i stopped was going back to the underground hotel to defeat the enemies and was given the benefit to stay there?

5 minutes ago, LouisLaw said:

Is episode 4 out? or was it 3.5 only? Did i missed out something? The last where i stopped was going back to the underground hotel to defeat the enemies and was given the benefit to stay there?

There's a little more after that, you can progress after having saved the hotel.

Just now, LouisLaw said:

Oh nice... but in the main page, its stated 3 and half? or was it episode 4 

I believe it's episode 4, I just got to the cut-off myself an hour ago. If I recall correctly it says the end of Episode 4.

1 minute ago, Quinnox said:

I believe it's episode 4, I just got to the cut-off myself an hour ago. If I recall correctly it says the end of Episode 4.

Oh.. cause its written episode 3 and half download link.. aite i shall download later

• Global Mods
12 hours ago, LouisLaw said:

Oh.. cause its written episode 3 and half download link.. aite i shall download later

It still says 3 and a Half in the title of the thread because it's an unofficial release. More info from the post when it was released:

MhxtCBTYREmSTCl0Km3uUA.png

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

It still says 3 and a Half in the title of the theead because it's an unofficial release. More info from the post when it was released:

MhxtCBTYREmSTCl0Km3uUA.png

Oh nice thanks :D I'll download and explore the updates later

• Global Mods

SINGING CAREER

Added "Singing career (postgame)" to the list of features. This is something I've been considering since January. It took a while for me to figure out how I would go about doing it, but I think it's worth the time and effort, and there are enough characters in the game who have some connection to music to make the way I want to do it work. The current plan is for you to practice with a mentor for a bit before going on stage in front of a crowd. The mentors are:

Pop - Chelsea

Rap - Cherry 

Metal - I want to include metal but I'm not really sure yet who would mentor the player in this. There are a few characters who I imagine would listen to metal and/or be able to sing metal, but I haven't made a final decision yet. 

EDM/electronicy stuff - DJ Ultra Beats

I'm also open to suggestions on other genres to include. 

Is the ranger's mission about cleaning the beach bugged or do i have to look for hidden items as well because i have gathered all of the items but the next mission doesnt appear which prevents me from doing the police's mission with the dentist?

Edit:Nevermind im just blind

Edited by Pozyher

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, sandy said:

erm wheres the other half of this episode? i only see the download link for the first half

3 and a Half was the first half of episode 4, going up to the 11th gym, and the full ep 4 wasn't available for download. But the download link is now an unofficial release of ep 4. It being an unofficial release is the reason the thread title hasn't been updated to say Episode 4. 

• Global Mods

oUDl2d9jQUm4bGU22lf21g.png

Ep 5 progress has slowed down the past two weeks or so, but I'm trying to get back into it. I definitely could have had it completed by this point in time if I worked on it as often as I did ep 3 and 4, where once I started working on them I didn't take any days off. 

I guess it's a combo of:

-Exhaustion from how often I worked on ep 3 and 4. With ep 3 I had a physical burnout where I hurt my hands and arms from how often and how much I was working on Spork every day. Whereas now it's more of a mental burnout, where I just can't seem to get in the mood to work on it. 

-When I came back on June 15, I had a lot to catch up on in terms of games, Youtube, etc., so I spent some time doing that. 

-In general I just don't seem to be feeling good lately. I've been having issues where my heart beats really fast when I wake up, and yesterday I had a headache that lasted several hours and it felt like the back of my brain was literally being fried. I wake up and I'm still tired so I go back to sleep, and then sometimes when I wake up I'm not tired anymore but I just don't feel like getting out of bed, rinse and repeat until I get sick of going back to sleep. 

But like I said, I'm trying to get back into working on it regularly starting today. I feel like my mood will improve if I do. I have one more story event to do before I'm up to the 13th gym.

Here's a picture. You can't see her (or the player) here because of the choice boxes, but the one asking the question is Crolea. 

iU5mWJ4KTRCNBcokGIVF9g.png

• Upvote 1

Good luck, I hope things get better soon for you ICSW! As someone going into my 4th year in university, I can relate in regards to mental exhaustion/lack of energy.

btw I recently started this game and I really like Spork. The pokemon selection is really fun and various, which is a nice break from the limited selection of Reborn/Rejuv/Desolation.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

I've been better since I started working on Spork more. I've felt better today than any day from the past week and a half or so. 

Re-uploaded with the following changes and fixes: 

-fixed size of the Alolan form icons in the party screen and PC. they used to be way smaller than the icons for the other Pokemon. 

-badges 1-9 are now cybershell12's badge designs.

-the trainer card and UI are now aquamarine

-changed Wonky Woods' music to this

and most importantly, a game-breaking/corrupting issue was found by a user, which shouldn't happen as of this re-upload. While I don't really understand all of the code, I was able to find someone who did and the script I was given by Vendily should prevent it from happening in the future. In the battle with Grape, the user suddenly had an error that crashed the game and corrupted her save file. Apparently the game was trying to check if a "nil" item was a berry. 

I don't know any specifics beyond that, like what item is nil or if this was an issue with only Grape's battle or if it could have happened in other places, as this was only time it's been reported. Grape's Mienshao has a Sitrus Berry, but this user OHKO'd Mienshao so the berry wasn't activated, and Sitrus Berries have always worked correctly in Spork. 

Whatever the issue was, it shouldn't happen now. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got hold of Spork 4 (yay!)  Is there a way to import my savefile from 3.5?  Losing all those badges and my high-level team would stink.

P.S.  Did the happiness-evolution bug get fixed in this version?  If my old savefile still works, I've got a very high-level Riolu who needs to grow up and learn Aura Sphere.

Game.rxdata

1 hour ago, ISNorden said:

Finally got hold of Spork 4 (yay!)  Is there a way to import my savefile from 3.5?  Losing all those badges and my high-level team would stink.

As long as you keep the save file in the same place, it should work the same.

• Global Mods

P.S.  Did the happiness-evolution bug get fixed in this version?  If my old savefile still works, I've got a very high-level Riolu who needs to grow up and learn Aura Sphere.

Game.rxdata

Your Riolu's happiness was 187. I changed it to max and evolved it. Which move do you want Aura Sphere to replace?

12 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Your Riolu's happiness was 187. I changed it to max and evolved it. Which move do you want Aura Sphere to replace?

Screech...how many players let Lucario use that? *lol*  (If you could  tweak a couple of his IVs too, I'd be extremely grateful...not necessarily straight 31's, but that 9 Defense and 0 Special Defense feel like a target on this guy's back.)  Thanks for the editing job!

• Global Mods

Screech...how many players let Lucario use that? *lol*  (If you could  tweak a couple of his IVs too, I'd be extremely grateful...not necessarily straight 31's, but that 9 Defense and 0 Special Defense feel like a target on this guy's back.)  Thanks for the editing job!

Done. Screech was replaced with Aura Sphere and Lucario now has higher IVs. 

Game.rxdata

18 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Done. Screech was replaced with Aura Sphere and Lucario now has higher IVs. 

Game.rxdata

My Super Luc and I thank you...we're racking up cash and levels with the sea stars.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Chaotico said:

where can u find ditto in the game instead of getting him as a starter

You can obtain Ditto through an event at the Hip Hop Ship Shop, which is at the section of Virima City that opens up later in the game (initially blocked by the Pokemon fighting each other). 

There's a notepad file named obtainablepokemon in the game folder that lists all the available Pokemon as well as their locations.