Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
On 10/4/2017 at 4:17 PM, junaid said:

Thanks for replying so can we say that if palletite doesn't return early but ur works goes on upto episode 6 can we expect episodes 4'5'6 released altogether or individually...

That depends on what Palletite wants to do. I don't want to overload her with sprites as soon as she comes back, but if episode 6's content is finished by then and Palletite is willing, then I'd go straight from 4 to 6.

18 minutes ago, CynTheSylveon said:

That depends on what Palletite wants to do. I don't want to overload them with sprites as soon as they come back, but if episode 6's content is finished by then and Palletite is willing, then I'd go straight from 4 to 6.

Ook that's cool let's hope palletite comes back sooner than soon

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, alvintsang said:

Hi CynTheSylveon,

Thank you so much for the game. I love the game very much and it is extremely fun. Just want to report a bug that the main character keeps on walking towards the wall in Lovely Lake after winning his sister, resulting the game is stuck. I can no longer play the game :(

I tried testing this bug just now and it didn't happen for me. Could you send me your save file? I may be able to figure out what's wrong if I can see what happens on your file.

• Global Mods
15 minutes ago, alvintsang said:

Thanks CynTheSylveon for the reply. Attached is the file. 

Game.rxdata

Although I'm not sure what caused it to happen, I was able to fix it. In debug mode after the player walked into the water, I pressed control while moving to walk through the lake and get back to the entrance to trigger the battle with Emily again. When I defeated her, the event worked as normal this time without the player moving on their own into the lake. 

Game.rxdata

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CynTheSylveon said:

Although I'm not sure what caused it to happen, I was able to fix it. In debug mode after the player walked into the water, I pressed control to walk through the lake and get back to the entrance to trigger the battle with Emily again. When I defeated her, the event worked as normal this time without the player moving on their own into the lake. 

Game.rxdata

Oh wow! That was fast and nicely done!! Once again, thx so much for the help! Let me continue to enjoy the game :)

Here's the Revamped Badge #4 (Garden) it's a flower shaped garden of flowers.

spork_garden_badge.png

Here's the Revamped Badge #5 (Feebas) it's pretty much the same but with a little bit more shading and a reborn style border.

spork_feebas_badge.png

Here's the Revamped Badge #6 (Gavel) I'm on a roll!

spork_gavel_badge.png

• Like 2

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, cybershell12 said:

Here's the Revamped Badge #4 (Garden) it's a flower shaped garden of flowers.

spork_garden_badge.png

Here's the Revamped Badge #5 (Feebas) it's pretty much the same but with a little bit more shading and a reborn style border.

spork_feebas_badge.png

Here's the Revamped Badge #6 (Gavel) I'm on a roll!

spork_gavel_badge.png

Thanks for these! The new Garden Badge looks really pretty. 

Re-uploaded with the UI recolored from aquamarine to fuchsia, since both the UI and EXP bar being blue made the EXP bar harder to see (I'm not sure why that thought never crossed my mind). Also added the revamped Garden, Feebas, and Gavel badges.

• Global Mods

I found the cause of the bug alvintsang experienced: it was intended for the player to speak to Emily and Grape in front of Wendy's gym before going to Lovely Lake. Due to an oversight, it was possible for the player to not speak to Emily and go on to Lovely Lake, skipping the scene with Wendy and Aretha in the process. I've changed the Infant Tree Infantry to be lined up in Technicolor Forest even if the player hasn't spoken to Emily and Grape yet, preventing the player from skipping this event and being glitched after battling Emily. Additionally, this re-upload also has the revamped Shadow Badge. 

• Like 1

• Global Mods

9xrEnI4mTryqAa6kcKxwzA.png

I mentioned this a few months ago, but Z-crystals will become available just before the Elite Four, so they'll come later than mega evolution.

In addition to showing this screenshot, I've reuploaded with the following fixes and changes:

-walls in cave maps are improved

-replaced Brutus's Mudsdale with Kommo-o. I feel like Kommo-o is a Pokemon that fits Brutus well. I guess I can kind of see how Mudsdale fits, but another part of me also questions why I chose it for him. tbh, I actually don't remember doing so and could've sworn I gave him a different Pokemon. But I feel like there are many others that suit him more than Mudsdale. 

-fixed issue with some boss battles where if you lost, after being taken back to a Pokemon Center the game would continue the event as if you'd won. This was because for some boss battles I forgot to set an "Exit Event Processing" conditional for if the player lost. Normal NPC trainer battles set up by using comments already do this for you, but sometimes I forget that story-related battles don't. 

-Added Sceptilite to the mega stone location list. It's found at Technicolor Forest, but I forget to put it on the list. 

The ICSW overworld sprites were made by someone else for something not related to Spork last year before episode 1 of Spork was released, and the battle sprite that will accompany it (also made for the non-Spork thing before Spork ep 1 was released) was made by SHIA. I won't spoil what the non-Spork thing is. 

Speaking of last year, at this time last year Spork was still at episode 1. 1.6 had recently been released. And now I'm close to the 16th gym. Back then, I didn't expect to be anywhere near as far as I am now. Considering I took an unplanned several month hiatus during ep 1's development (basically I started procrastinating a lot and procrastinating quickly turned into just not doing anything at all), had physical burnout after ep 3 that caused my arms to hurt, and went through other periods where I just didn't feel like working on it so progress was slower, I'm impressed that I'm as close as I am to being finished. 

Although there's still Palletite's situation to take into account, hopefully I'll be able to keep up the pace I've been going at the past week. I've been enjoying working on the lategame content a lot. 

• Upvote 3

• Global Mods

Only one gym left!

Non-spoilery pic

cJLiCk2tTDGXq87j746U8g.png

Spoilery pic (the area name gives away which gym leader is the 17th the player battles):

E7sgwjugRvKwcu_IHBvQlQ.png

It'll take longer to get to the 18th gym, since a lot happens between the 17th and 18th gym battles.

Internal testing for Reborn E17 started recently. The next testing phase after that is alpha testing, which is when I'll be able to play/test. When that happens, I'll probably be taking a short break from Spork, since in addition to testing I'll also be noting down relationship variables to update the Relationship Variable Guide when the time comes for that. Before and after then, though, I'll try to continue at the pace I've been going. 

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Re-uploaded with the following fixes and updates

-Improved walls in Olidroll Underground. I forgot about that one when I was updating the cave walls before. 

-Ion Deluge now has the correct move effect. (previously it had Powder's function code)

-Changed music in Premoggin Softlands and Premoggin Canyon to this

-Changed Inoset Island's music to this

Also: in the post I made about the postgame singing career, I mentioned I wanted to include metal, but wasn't sure who could mentor the player in it. I don't know why I didn't think of them at the time, but the Pokemon band Noise Pollution, who've been mentioned a few times in-game, will mentor the player in metal. Noise Pollution's lead singer is a Chatot.

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, DemICE said:

What better 'mon to represent  "Heavy Metal"  than an Aggron or Steelix  xD

Aggron would definitely be a perfect fit for a metal band since it's not only a Steel type but gets the Heavy Metal ability. Though for Noise Pollution, the theme I went with was Pokemon that can learn Boomburst. 

There's a metal band with a parrot for a lead singer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwXKR9EWhXo

Re-uploaded with these fixed:

-with the four gentlemen betting/arguing with each other at Inoset Island, the one on the right now faces left continuing to look at the other gentlemen when spoken to after the 10th gym instead of up

-fixed typo in that same gentleman's speech, where consequences was spelled "consquences"

Would like to ask if a nature changer is available in game? If not, do you have any plans in the future? 

Also, are ability capsules ingame too? How about an IV changer  like in Insurgence. Thanks ahead for the clarifications!

Lovely game! Excited for Episodes 5 & 6 in full force!

• Like 1

• Global Mods
23 minutes ago, leolannister said:

Would like to ask if a nature changer is available in game? If not, do you have any plans in the future? 

Also, are ability capsules ingame too? How about an IV changer  like in Insurgence. Thanks ahead for the clarifications!

Lovely game! Excited for Episodes 5 & 6 in full force!

Nature changer: Planned, but on hold. Instead of it being like Reborn/Rejuv/Desolation's where the nature is changed at random and has a chance of not changing at all, I want players to be able to choose the nature to change to. If it were like Reborn/Rejuv/Desolation's I could probably just copy/paste from there and remove the Heart Scale requirement, but since no game (as far as I know) has one that lets you choose the nature, I'd need to figure out how to script it to where the nature can be chosen. 

Ability Capsules: yes. One is a reward for completing the Abilities quiz at the Trainers School, and they can also be bought at the Ability Capsule Corp in Olidroll City.

IV Stone: Not planned. If possible, I'd just either remove IVs from the game entirely or set 31 as the only possibility, but that would mess with Hidden Power*, and I'm not sure how to remove them/if that would cause error messages when loading the game. 

*It would the natural Hidden Power, though the ones you can get from the NPC in the Battle Mall would be unaffected because those are all separate moves 

And IV Stones like Reborn/Rejuv/Desolation's nature changer act randomly IIRC, when I would want the player to be able to choose. 

In the meantime, I can alter players' natures, IVs, and other aspects of their Pokemon through save file editing.

I'm happy you're excited for future episodes!

• Like 1

Fancy meeting the developer! I wish you more power Cherub! I do have a question, I seem to have noticed the battle UI to be bright pink. Any way to change this? If none, it's still fine. My Larvitar seems a bit uncomfortable lol

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, leolannister said:

Fancy meeting the developer! I wish you more power Cherub! I do have a question, I seem to have noticed the battle UI to be bright pink. Any way to change this? If none, it's still fine. My Larvitar seems a bit uncomfortable lol

Oh, my username is Ice Cream Sand Witch, or ICSW for short. Cherub is my post count rank/member title. Usernames are above the member title/rank, in the white space at the top of posts next to the timestamp. 

If you want to change the UI, you can copy/paste these images from the Graphics -> Pictures folder of another game or Essentials itself: battleFoeBoxD, battleFoeBoxS, battlePlayerBoxD, battlePlayerBoxS. When asked if you want to replace, say yes.

• Like 1

• Global Mods

I have good news!

Palletite's sister messaged me, and Palletite is ok! She's a bit overwhelmed with university at the moment, and wants to come back, but isn't sure when she'll be able to.

I mentioned to Palletite's sister that Palletite can take as much time as she needs to come back, and that I've been working ahead but will hold off on episode releases until she returns.

• Upvote 2